Squeezing the muscles After your work out?

most viewed right now
 78
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
219 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 77
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 60
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 05-01-2012, 04:09 PM         #1
7369 pageviews
19 comments


VigilanteSeason 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Squeezing the muscles After your work out?
 

 
Does this help muscle growth ?

Example: I do a few sets of preacher curls and when I finish my gym session, I go to the changing rooms and squeeze with all my might my biceps... would this contribute to growth?

My idea is that it helps break down muscle fibres which is the whole point of going gym in the first place and it will increase gains (quicker and bigger gains)

Your intake on this?

Im guessing you could also do this with chest, glutes, calfs (stretch), traps etc.

19 comments for "Squeezing the muscles After your work out?"

 05-01-2012, 05:58 PM         #2
tech5c  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VigilanteSeason said:
Does this help muscle growth ?

Example: I do a few sets of preacher curls and when I finish my gym session, I go to the changing rooms and squeeze with all my might my biceps... would this contribute to growth?

My idea is that it helps break down muscle fibres which is the whole point of going gym in the first place and it will increase gains (quicker and bigger gains)

Your intake on this?

Im guessing you could also do this with chest, glutes, calfs (stretch), traps etc.
You do this by putting them under tension for an extended period of.

What you are doing is forcing blood to flow to the muscle. It kind of unnecessary after you're done working out.

Between sets it is somewhat beneficial.
 6 years ago '09        #3
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
won't really help growth according to my understanding ... but it's not bad either
 6 years ago '07        #4
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 Chris daRealist said:
Thats a waste of time and probably does more harm than good... First if you want big biceps do chinups and heavy rows, drop the curls... 2nd what your doing is further fatiguing your muscle and cns when it should be recovering to grow bigger and stronger. Instead of doing that try massaging your muscles to bring blood and nutrients to heal them.
Why should he drop the curls? I mean I agree completely with some kind of pull/chin up combo and Rows somewhere... But no curls?
 05-01-2012, 10:24 PM         #5
bigd1336  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 andapaul said:
it helps get the lactic acid out of your muscles and you'll be less sore the next day.........so keep feeling yourself up in the locker room.
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I had to re-read it a few times just to make I read it right. Lactic acid has nothing to do with breaking down muscle at all. That's some bro science sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #6
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$19,656 | Props total: 5340 5340
pull ups >>
 6 years ago '04        #7
BayBuryYa 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,113 | Props total: 5400 5400
Arnold used to swear by this. Somebody look that sh*t up :lachen001:
 6 years ago '04        #8
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$19,656 | Props total: 5340 5340
 andapaul said:
it helps get the lactic acid out of your muscles and you'll be less sore the next day.........so keep feeling yourself up in the locker room.
.. Thats what my drill sergeant said the 1st day of basic. '' we're going to get all that damn lactic acid out them muscles .'' I'll never forget that , I knew we were in for some hardcore training ..
 6 years ago '07        #9
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 bigd1336 said:
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I had to re-read it a few times just to make I read it right. Lactic acid has nothing to do with breaking down muscle at all. That's some bro science sh*t
I've actually heard that it breaks down the Lactic Acid as well.. But I've heard that's all it does... I don't see where anda actually agreed that it breaks down muscle... Just that it breaks down the lactic acid which would make him less sore.... Which seems like it could be helpful
 6 years ago '05        #10
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 Optimus Crime said:
Why should he drop the curls? I mean I agree completely with some kind of pull/chin up combo and Rows somewhere... But no curls?
I haven't curled in a couple years and still sport the guns...maybe he meant drop preacher curls...the only curls I used to do anyway were barbell curls...
 6 years ago '09        #11
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,303 | Props total: 7955 7955
 andapaul said:
it helps get the lactic acid out of your muscles and you'll be less sore the next day.........so keep feeling yourself up in the locker room.


i can imagine someone walking in on him "squeezing his muscles" in the locker room and him turning around talkin bout "its not what it looks like, im just trying to loosen up some of my lactids"
 6 years ago '11        #12
DCballer40 
space
space
space
$2,875 | Props total: 165 165
I agree the best way to get lacid acid out of your system is to "work the soreness out". Im not really sure about biceps but for legs I use to run straight aways on the track and walk the curves for a mile after doing heavy squats and other leg exercises. I know some athletes who do hardcore running for time goals after doing big leg workouts. But I personally think its unneccesary to rub out your arms after a workout. IMO if your a serious lifter you shouldnt be that sore after a good arm workout anyway and the day after of rest is enough to recover.
 6 years ago '06        #13
mawoods2 
space
avatar space
space
$348 | Props total: 4 4
Stretching a certain muscle group after working it out does help in muscle recovery. Also, if you want to be build big arms, exercises such as bench press, chinups/pullups and bentrow rows will stimulate more muscle due to heavy weight you will use for them. As long as you use a challenging weight and a slow tempo for those exercises.
 05-07-2012, 12:08 AM         #14
bigd1336  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
While running might help decrease soreness after exerting a muscle the prior day, this doesn't mean you are getting lactic acid out of the muscle. Just because some jacked guy said it in a gym before, or your coach told you something doesn't make it true.
 6 years ago '07        #15
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 bigd1336 said:
While running might help decrease soreness after exerting a muscle the prior day, this doesn't mean you are getting lactic acid out of the muscle. Just because some jacked guy said it in a gym before, or your coach told you something doesn't make it true.
Dude... Why are you so hostile? We're generally friendly here in the workout spot. It's hard to keep ANY workout forum broscience free when you think about it. And all I said is that's what I heard, and if I've heard the same thing and others on this board have heard it... It might not be THAT ridiculous for him to say it...
 05-07-2012, 03:40 PM         #16
bigd1336  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Optimus Crime said:
Dude... Why are you so hostile? We're generally friendly here in the workout spot. It's hard to keep ANY workout forum broscience free when you think about it. And all I said is that's what I heard, and if I've heard the same thing and others on this board have heard it... It might not be THAT ridiculous for him to say it...
Not trying to come off as hostile, but just trying to stop some of the dumb rumors many people believe. As someone who has a degree in exercise science, I guess it is just a pet peeve of mine when I hear stuff like this. Just trying to bring to light the rumors and correct them.
 6 years ago '08        #17
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,155 | Props total: 305 305
eat and rest make you grow quicker
 6 years ago '04        #18
babalou 
space
avatar space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 andapaul said:
it helps get the lactic acid out of your muscles and you'll be less sore the next day.........so keep feeling yourself up in the locker room.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
45 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 24
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy