Apr 29 - Baby's first birthday party turns to tragedy when he is killed by family's mastiff dog

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
8554 pageviews
134 comments

jlandryst 1544 heat pts1544
space
space
$3,704 | Props total: 0 0
Apr 29 - Baby's first birthday party turns to tragedy when he is k!lled by family's mastiff dog

[pic - click to view]

A baby boy has died after he was attacked by his family’s mastiff dog during his first birthday party.

A day after turning one, Jeremiah Eshew-Shahan was at his grandmother’s house in Las Vegas when he crawled over to the dog – a mastiff-rhodesian mix weighing about 120 pounds – and started to pet him.

The dog then attacked the baby, sinking his teeth into Jeremiah’s head and shaking him.
The boy’s distraught father, Chris Shahan, believes Jeremiah, who was just learning to walk, tried to grab the dog’s fur to stand up when the animal turned vicious.

The boy's grandmother desperately tried to pull Jeremiah out of the mastiff’s jaw while Shahan rushed to save his son.

‘It took me about 20 seconds to run downstairs and I got the dog off of the baby. The baby’s face was torn off,’ Shahan told KSNV.com.

The baby was rushed to St. Rose Dominican Hospital-Siena Campus and then flown by helicopter to UMC's Trauma Unit, police said.

Jeremiah, who had turned one on Thursday, died from his injuries at approximately 1.45am on Saturday morning.

The six-year-old dog, named Onion, will be put down after he is quarantined for rabies.

The Mastiff had been around the baby since he was born and the family said he had never been aggressive towards people.

Shahan said the pet was a 'good dog' who had helped get his mother through her lung cancer.

Police said they are still investigating why the dog attacked the baby.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Baby's first birthday party turns to tragedy when he is k!lled by family's mastiff dog | Mail Online

134 comments for "Apr 29 - Baby's first birthday party turns to tragedy when he is killed by family's mastiff dog"

04-29-2012, 09:57 AM         #2
sflm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"The Mastiff had been around the baby since he was born and the family said he had never been aggressive towards people."

Sure, that's what dog owners always say. Why not ask the opinion of their acquaintances if the dog ever showed signs of aggression? The majority of dogs do at one time or another and i'm sure this dog did too.
 6 years ago '11        #3
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,364 | Props total: 4224 4224
People gotta understand that dogs are not human therefore they have a completely different way of thinking. I don't know for sure how dogs treat their young but I think they grab them by the neck Wth their mouths when transporting them. So this dog sees your baby and tries the same thing and your baby dies because it's not designed to be bit by a dog. That's why you don't leave your kids around dogs until they are old enough to establish dominance and respect from the dog by themselves. I realistically wouldn't ler a dog around my kids til around 6 or 7 years of age.
 6 years ago '05        #4
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
I grew up around a mastiff, and my lil cousin has been around one for 5 or 6 years now.

They're great dogs, but they can still snap sometimes... and that's a big dog to have snap.

RIP to the baby
 6 years ago '05        #5
HUDA2daF 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,524 | Props total: 7629 7629
see and dog owners stay trynna defend these animals... an animal is gonna do what an animal do no matter how much u hug it, let it lick u in the face, sleeps in your bed all that pseudo emotional-physical connection bullsh*t u think u having with a dog, when its really the dog is happy that you are keeping him fed..
 6 years ago '11        #6
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,364 | Props total: 4224 4224
 HUDA2daF said:
see and dog owners stay trynna defend these animals... an animal is gonna do what an animal do no matter how much u hug it, let it lick u in the face, sleeps in your bed all that pseudo emotional-physical connection bullsh*t u think u having with a dog, when its really the dog is happy that you are keeping him fed..
The baby was pulling on its fur to try to stand up...that's fu*ked up. It's a situation that should of never happened.
 6 years ago '10        #7
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
People know dogs are just domesticated WOLVES right?
 6 years ago '12        #8
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,429 | Props total: 932 932
"He's not a dog, he's family" bullsh*t. These are still animals, the baby probably was pulling the dos ears and all other bullsh*t, and it snapped, can you blame the dog? No, keep children away from large animals.
 6 years ago '06        #9
Unitson 
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 143 143
 sflm said:
"The Mastiff had been around the baby since he was born and the family said he had never been aggressive towards people."

Sure, that's what dog owners always say. Why not ask the opinion of their acquaintances if the dog ever showed signs of aggression? The majority of dogs do at one time or another and i'm sure this dog did too.
Stop trying to defend this dog

An animal is an animal

A dog doesn't have to show aggression for it to potentially attack. It's still a fu*king dog and people don't learn

I'm not for government interference. In fact, I want less government interference but if you have a child under 7, I believe there should be a law that a dog must have a guard on their mouth at all times when living in a home with a child or should be caged

It's just too many instances of dogs k!lling children. It's time for a law to be made because these dumbass people just won't learn to keep dogs away from children

sh*t pisses me off

Last edited by Unitson; 04-29-2012 at 03:47 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #10
KnightOfTears 14 heat pts14
space
space
$3,656 | Props total: 489 489
R.I.P to the baby, and a huge fu*k you to the family. It doesn't matter how long you have had a dog or how safe you think it is for a baby to be around them, you never allow this kind of bullsh*t to happen.You always watch the baby and don't let it fu*k with the dog in stupid ways...liek pulling it's hair and skin when the baby was trying to stand up.

On a lighter note, the dog is probably pissed about being named Onion...who the fu*k names their dog Onion? I would be pissed too.
 04-29-2012, 03:57 PM         #11
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Out of like 100k times a baby crawled on a dog, one died. Why the fu*k is the kid crawling on the dog? I blame the parents, the don't can't say get off me sir. It should have been outside or supervised by an adult that the dog respects. I have 4 and 5 year old cousins. I don't let them play with the dog if I'm not outside with them. It's an animal and has respect for its owner, not kids crawling on it. Rip sad lesson to learn.
 6 years ago '05        #12
hanzo 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,953 | Props total: 1414 1414
fu*king disgusting, just irresponsible parents at the end of the day.

you never know what an animal is going to do, they are not human's, so why leave your one year old son around an unpredictable animal, just utter stupidity in my book, i dont care how much you trust a dog or any other animal.

sh*t, if i had kids i would'nt leave them around a cat.
 6 years ago '06        #13
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18791 18791
kill the dog and lock up the parents for neglect... babies that young have no business being around dogs...

dogs are animals.. domesticated animals, but animals nonetheless and they will snap at the drop of a hat and revert back to their primal instincts if pushed to.. People need to realize this and act accordingly..
 6 years ago '10        #14
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,863 | Props total: 13637 13637
Some dog lovers are beyond stupid. Ripped the baby's face off and bit down on his head and still defend the dog.
Dumb a.ss ppl put dogs before ppl when they just wanna be dogs.
 6 years ago '10        #15
Jeezy187 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,358 | Props total: 1134 1134
R.I.P. to the baby. The dog went dog.
 6 years ago '04        #16
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,652 | Props total: 5333 5333
Thats why I dont mess with dogs like that ,besides mine and Im a grown a.ss man , you can't trust them , shyt even mine, I know she still a damn animal , even if she domesticated .

My brother had a Pit , and he used to always say I was good and shyt, but I knew the way the dog looked @ me something was up .

I have a bi*ch pit mix, and I guess he was smelling her on me , one day i had brought some music over to listen and the damn dog tried to take my head off .. Thank Yah that his son yoked that lil' bastard up man ..
 6 years ago '04        #17
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,643 | Props total: 2648 2648
 Ward22 said:
white people and pets
As opposed to blacks and "pets"?

They only raise em to f!ght em and make money off em.
 6 years ago '05        #18
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
Every dog owner claims their dog is friendly and never attacks.
Then sh*t like this happens.
 6 years ago '08        #19
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5500 5500
lol All the people in here blaming the dog are the same people who blame guns for violence, drugs and alcohol for depression, etc.

All this is is bad parenting. Someone should of been watching them from the beginning and it'd of been avoided.
 6 years ago '08        #20
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,107 | Props total: 2630 2630
 ruff said:
As opposed to blacks and "pets"?

They only raise em to f!ght em and make money off em.
and white people kiss em in the mouth then let them k!ll their babies
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy