Ronnie's get shredded for the summer plan

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 youngjersh14 said:
Ronnie, I'm no certified trainer, but I know that unless you are taking steroids there is no way in hell you are building muscle without ever resting. Rest is just as essential, or more, then the lifting part. Your body builds muscle while you rest, so if you never rest I'm confused on how you can be that big without cheating? Just curious.
rotating muscle groups, isolation, cardio days. Rest doesn't mean sitting on the couch. Resting day could be riding the bike and jumping rope.
 5 years ago '04        #82
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 youngjersh14 said:
Ronnie, I'm no certified trainer, but I know that unless you are taking steroids there is no way in hell you are building muscle without ever resting. Rest is just as essential, or more, then the lifting part. Your body builds muscle while you rest, so if you never rest I'm confused on how you can be that big without cheating? Just curious.
First off, he ain't cheating if he does not compete in a drug-tested sport.

If you want to maintain high frequency, volume and/or intensity will need to be lowered.
 5 years ago '11        #83
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
is this the misc? haha good sh*t tho. working out>>>>>
 5 years ago '05        #84
midaztouch 50 heat pts50
space
space
$1,920 | Props total: 214 214
ronnie is on dat der cell tech lol im playing

but seriously ronnie how tall are you and what do you weigh?
 5 years ago '11        #85
CamoBoxers 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 11 11
Hi Ronnie, long time listener first time caller:

How much can you bench press on a good day?

Are abs really made in the kitchen?

What advice would you give yourself 5 years ago that you know now?
 06-17-2012, 10:21 AM         #86
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
misc lyfe no strife
 5 years ago '98        #87
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
$30,187 | Props total: 3565 3565
 midaztouch said:
ronnie is on dat der cell tech lol im playing

but seriously ronnie how tall are you and what do you weigh?
5'11 187 lbs currently.. .but should be going up now that I'm lifting heavier

gameofchris said:
Hi Ronnie, long time listener first time caller:

How much can you bench press on a good day?

Are abs really made in the kitchen?

What advice would you give yourself 5 years ago that you know now?
I've been lifting light while cutting for a while, so my str is shot. I've started to lift heavier the past 2 days trying to gain some mass. But before cutting I was repping 4 plates on incline bench. I dont max out on my lifts and I dont go to failure anymore.

youngjersh14 said:
Your muscles def need rest, which is why you dont want to hit the same muscle everyday. If you rotate your muscles like someone says, you give a muscle time to recover, while you hit another muscle.

If you were to increase your frequency to every 2nd day hitting a muscle, you will have to lower the volume so that you don't create too much damage which results in longer recovery time. I keep my sets right now @ 3 x 6 reps and not to failure, but heavy.

You just do enough work on a muscle to stimulate growth, but not enough to create massive amounts of structural damage. In that case, you can usually work the same muscle after one complete day off.

Another thing, and perhaps the most important, is someones natural recovery ability. I've been lifting heavy for almost 13 years, so my body has adapted pretty well to the lifestyle. I've never taken more than a week off at anytime... and I think I may have only taken a whole week off maybe twice over those 13 years. My nutrition is also good, and that factors in the whole recovery thing.

What I do, as mentioned somewhere in this thread, is I tweak my volume to the point where my body can handle the daily stress I put on it. When my workouts exceed my recovery ability, I start getting colds or sore throats here and there.

I'm also natural, and don't take any supps... not even protein powder. I dropped the creatine b/c of the water retention. The only supp I take is a mens 1 a day multivitamin.
 5 years ago '07        #88
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
 ronnie said:
these pics were from a couple summers ago when I was beast mode. I was on high carb high protein and lifted like a mad man. Was a lot bigger back then, and thats due to the diet. If you want to gain mass, high carb high protein low fat is great. Wouldnt go back to that though b/c I'm big into living healthy now rather that getting huge. Plus, lotta chicks thought I was too big and scary.

I'm about 195 here, so 10 lbs heavier. High carb means my muscles werent flat and glycogen depleted. You can see how every muscle here sticks out and is more rounded than my new pics. If I carb load now, I'd look pretty close to these old pics.

what was the difference in how strong you felt. when you went to the healthier living regiment did you feel like you lost strength and gained endurance? Im a bigger guy so I wanna go the healthier route anyways but damn there was a major difference in those pics. one looks like a professional athlete the other like a boxden muscle head.
 5 years ago '07        #89
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,368 | Props total: 15995 15995
jackin this...I need a good core routine..put some muscle on my riblets
barbell side bends - 2 sets or 10
cable straight arm pull overs 2 x 8
cable oblique crunches 4 x 15
hanging knee raises 2 x 8
handing knee raises side to side 2 x 8
good mornings with 25 lb plate 1 x 8
side bends on a back extension machine with 25 lb plate 2x 8 (both sides)
seated barbell good mornings 2 x 8
straight arm cable rotations (like swinging a baseball batt with straight arms) 2 x 8 (both sides)
seated torso rotations with 35 lb plate left to right 2 x 8
standing over head axe swing with 35 lb plate 2 x 6
axe swing left to right and right to left with 35 lb plate 2 x 6 (both directions)
 5 years ago '98        #90
space
space
 JohnDoe said:
what was the difference in how strong you felt. when you went to the healthier living regiment did you feel like you lost strength and gained endurance? Im a bigger guy so I wanna go the healthier route anyways but damn there was a major difference in those pics. one looks like a professional athlete the other like a boxden muscle head.
Strength was the same... actually I may have been lifting heavier on low carb. Maxing out on lifts uses ATP predominantly (and less glycogen if lifts are kept short ~6 seconds), so carbs dont factor in that much. You can regenerate ATP from fat.

The difference in the pics is due to how I was lifting. My muscle head days I was lifting heavy, and lifting like an animal. Plus, I was eating high carb and low fat which always kept my muscle bellies full of glycogen. High carbs and heavy lifting is a good way to pack on size. However, imo high carbs like that wasnt healthy in the long term. 500 grams + carbs a day like i was doing was stressing my body big time.

The smaller pics was me lifting less intense and not jacking my stress hormones to the max.

Damagegadget said:
jackin this...I need a good core routine..put some muscle on my riblets
 5 years ago '07        #91
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
 ronnie said:
Strength was the same... actually I may have been lifting heavier on low carb. Maxing out on lifts uses ATP predominantly (and less glycogen if lifts are kept short ~6 seconds), so carbs dont factor in that much. You can regenerate ATP from fat.

The difference in the pics is due to how I was lifting. My muscle head days I was lifting heavy, and lifting like an animal. Plus, I was eating high carb and low fat which always kept my muscle bellies full of glycogen. High carbs and heavy lifting is a good way to pack on size. However, imo high carbs like that wasnt healthy in the long term. 500 grams + carbs a day like i was doing was stressing my body big time.

The smaller pics was me lifting less intense and not jacking my stress hormones to the max.
keep the info coming. props sir.

btw the leaner version looks more healthy and athletic I am looking to get more like that but my body naturally gets big and bulky. guess we always want what we cant get. that info about glycogen is much needed and the fast twitch fibers.....that brings me back to high school football and the "get the fu*k off me" benches where we had to throw that sh*t up as fast as possible. helped you be a better blocker.
 5 years ago '04        #92
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 JohnDoe said:
keep the info coming. props sir.

btw the leaner version looks more healthy and athletic I am looking to get more like that but my body naturally gets big and bulky. guess we always want what we cant get. that info about glycogen is much needed and the fast twitch fibers.....that brings me back to high school football and the "get the fu*k off me" benches where we had to throw that sh*t up as fast as possible. helped you be a better blocker.
How does he look more "healthier" and "athletic"?
 5 years ago '07        #93
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
 enetblazin4eva said:
How does he look more "healthier" and "athletic"?
when I got bulky like that when i was younger I felt confined and like a rubber band pulled too tight sh*t felt like if I got hit to hard my muscle would tear. now Ive never been lean so maybe its just the thinking that I would feel more agile at that body mass. the more I type the more I realize what a dumb thought that was. nvm.

I think what i get more now is a good stretch before and after and I walk/run and dont lift more than 2 to 3 times a week.

btw I dont know sh*t about much when it comes to fitness so if it sounds like bullsh*t it probably is.

Last edited by JohnDoe; 06-18-2012 at 06:28 PM..
 5 years ago '98        #94
space
space
ok so I'm gonna start lifting heavy and gaining size again. Gonna try something new this time around. 2 a days.

Heavy and low reps during my lunch break, and then lighter and higher reps in the evening. About 7 hours apart. Never did 2 a days but reading stuff online about em, I'm convinced it will work well.

I'll post up pics charting my progress
 10-19-2012, 07:07 PM         #95
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ronnie said:
ok so I'm gonna start lifting heavy and gaining size again. Gonna try something new this time around. 2 a days.

Heavy and low reps during my lunch break, and then lighter and higher reps in the evening. About 7 hours apart. Never did 2 a days but reading stuff online about em, I'm convinced it will work well.

I'll post up pics charting my progress
Keep your calories and sleep high and you'll have no problem.
 10-21-2012, 05:14 PM         #96
GrimeyGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ronnie said:
I'll go ahead and update this thread with my progress and pics. If you guys have questions about my diet or routine, feel free to ask. I'm always willing to help peeps out when it comes to transforming your body for the better.

Started a targeted ketogenic diet yesterday. The ketogenic is only one that really gets me shredded when compared with all the different ones I've tried over the years.

About 30 grams of carbs I take preworkout with 10 gs of creatine along with 30 grams protein.

Post workout I take 30 grams protein and 10 more grams of creatine.

Some people say all you need is 5 grams of creatine a day to maintain muscle saturation, but on the current cutting diet I'm on, my muscles are so depleted of glycogen, and calories are pretty low, I'm guessing my body is eating up the creatine at a quicker rate than normal.
I also read a cutting article on t-nation that mentions 20 grams a day of creatine for that reason when cutting on a keto diet.

Dropped cals to about 2000 from my usual 3800-4200 clean bulking.

Totals cals: 1987 Fat: 123.6 Carbs: 46.7 Protein: 174.6

Current program is this:

Workout 7 days a week

Alternate between 2 different workouts everyday.

Workout 1:

Chest, tris, front delts, rear delts, side delts, forearms - each muscle 3 sets of 8, moderately heavy not to failure

Workout 2:

back, bis, traps, quads, hams, calves - each muscle 3 sets of 8, moderately heavy not to failure

for core that I do at the end of my workout every day is:

barbell side bends - 2 sets or 10
cable straight arm pull overs 2 x 8
cable oblique crunches 4 x 15
hanging knee raises 2 x 8
handing knee raises side to side 2 x 8
good mornings with 25 lb plate 1 x 8
side bends on a back extension machine with 25 lb plate 2x 8 (both sides)
seated barbell good mornings 2 x 8
straight arm cable rotations (like swinging a baseball batt with straight arms) 2 x 8 (both sides)
seated torso rotations with 35 lb plate left to right 2 x 8
standing over head axe swing with 35 lb plate 2 x 6
axe swing left to right and right to left with 35 lb plate 2 x 6 (both directions)

It's a high volume program especially considering I don't take a day off, but I tweak the volume to the point where I can handle it without burning out. When I start feeling burnt out, thats when I scale back some variables to maintain my recovery = body break down. The only variable that is unchanged is that I go everyday. That's something I don't want to change since I love being in the too much.

The workout is a high volume variation of HST. The best program to gain muscle mass imo based on personal experience, is doing high frequency, low volume training. Check out this website for details () or "google high frequency low volume training"

Also do 10 minutes of cardio post workout... light jog, or eliptical, just to burn whatever is left in my liver in the form of glycogen (to keep ketosis on track).

Ronnie I am new the workout game as of now. Been sitting on my a.ss for 10 years. I see that we are the same height and weight. I would like to know how you came up with this.... and what do you eat on a daily bases. I tried to send you a message but you don't want no PM. So PM or leave here I am trying to get myself back into shape and more muscle. Thanks for this read!
 5 years ago '06        #97
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 AzulineAzure said:
its horrible actually........its water retention

its bad for ur kidneys/liver......u have to drink about 8 cups of water a day

it makes ur muscles look more full but taking it isnt good; there are better products

im from nyc......the good meats chicken veggies arent cheap

anybody who works out knows its expensive and diet is more important then the workout itself
 5 years ago '06        #98
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Rique said:
I dont eat like ronnie, but I have a similar build n I eat whatever I want. I'm black though
some people just got the genes like that

i wish i had that
 5 years ago '13        #99
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,881 | Props total: 2025 2025
do i even lift ronnie?
 5 years ago '04        #100
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,118 | Props total: 4418 4418
 Rubix said:
@ this entire post.. Creatine bad for muscles..

Eating healthy isn't expensive at all. If you aren't a complete dumbass and know how to cook, eating healthy, clean bulking or eating to stay lean, is relatively inexpensive and easy. The key is to buy meat, poultry and fish in bulk. The fruits and veggies are dirt cheap.
veggies are cheap, fruit isnt.

at least where i live
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago