Ronnie's get shredded for the summer plan

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
23 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-30-2012, 11:47 PM         #41
killya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ronnie ripped as sh*t lol...thats what im TRYING TO LOOK LIKE....but off topic but Ronnie...please can you start banning the racist c*nts in the travon threads. I wont give any names but you will be able to tell by their post...its annoying as fu*k to try and have an intelligent convo about the case without the race bashing.
 6 years ago '04        #42
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
How is high volume working on a keto diet?

I know when I tried it just k!lled me before....always burned out fast. I was real successful with a low volume workout when I ran a keto diet last time. Went from 28% to 14%bf in 2 and a half months (approx 30lb lost).
 6 years ago '10        #43
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,773 | Props total: 959 959
Ronnie's body

Last edited by SoulOnIce; 10-24-2012 at 04:35 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #44
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,138 | Props total: 9448 9448
Hey Ronnie, you might have already answered this but do you weight out your food / plan each meal?

I've gone from 165 to 197 and feel pretty lean. But I know I have that thin layer of fat that makes the difference between being shredded and just looking big. Don't know if I need to restrict my diet more to get that last little bit.
 6 years ago '10        #45
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 Wasted said:

Deadlifts are your answer. Start light and build to strength.

Since I've been doing deadlifts and squats I feel more in tune with my body. Like Ronnie says your core is the key. It is the foundation to lifting. If you have a string core you have a strong body, arms, legs, shoulders, back. It gives you an extra boost while lifting isolation weights.

Ronnie I dunno if you get this on your program and diet. I can eat clean for a good week or two. Then I crave fat, carbs, fast food sh*t I deprived my body from getting. After I consume them I can switch back to a clean eating habit with ease. I can't stop craving for fat and carbs and feel I have to eat them because my body is screaming for them not because my mind wants to eat them. (If that makes sense?).
I think you're allowed 1 cheat day a week to eat whatever you want. But like you said, it should be easy for you to get back to your routine of eating healthy.
 6 years ago '05        #46
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
What are your dieting tips Ronnie?
 6 years ago '98        #47
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
$30,191 | Props total: 3571 3571
ok I'll answer some Q's later on

but I'm done my cut @ 2000 cals. I lost some fat, but after a few days of that my workouts started to suffer big time. Plus, I was feeling like sh!t on such low cals.

So I've bumped my cals to 3500 by upping the fat and dropping a little more carbs. Going more ketogenic right now, and I think I'm getting leaner. Possibly from an increased metabolism from bumping the cals by 75%.

I'll post an updated pic tonight to show progress

Another thing with going low cals while going extremely low carbs, is to do a workout that suits that particular diet. The high rep sets (drop sets until I feel the burn) isn't a good idea when glycogen levels are already low. When your glycogen levels are low and you force your body to use the glycolytic system for ATP regeneration, cortisol becomes a BIG issue. A mirrored situation is like training long and hard while glycogen depleted. Stress hormone cortisol starts to take over. While normal amounts of cortisol is healthy, excessive amounts can affect muscle growth, mood, energy levels etc. So my workouts now are heavy, quick, 6 rep sets with longer breaks inbetween (around 1 minute or 2). That way I'm just using my ATP system for explosive energy (while minimally hitting my glycolytic system), and as a result will keep cortisol in check (I've done heavy 6 rep sets last year when I was bulking on low carb, and know that def. worked in terms of keeping those stress hormones down).
 6 years ago '98        #48
space
space
 A.G said:
Jesus.. That's a lot of core work..

I work abs like once a week (if that)... I can't stand it, even though I have a slew of back problems (found out recently I have 2 compressed vertebral discs and mild scoliosis).

Sadly I've got good definition everywhere except my stomach. been trying to cut on carbs to only oats in the morning and either whole wheat pasta or rice PWO, but not much progress.

Any tips?

And as far as I've heard/experienced, core work doesn't really flatten your stomach, does it? Or is it just an illusion based on improved posture with core work?
If your stomach sticks out due to fat, then core won't be able to spot reduce the fat. Have to lower overall BF for abdominal fat to go away. However, stress in any form (physically or mentally) will give rise to cortisol and is the reason why people preferentially accumulate body fat in their mid section.

coolwhip said:
can you post your meals and diet?
props
I said I bumped my cals from 2000 to 3500, but today I'm going one step more and bumping it to 4300. My diet is keto so it's all fat and protein. However, I'm experimenting with lower intakes of protein and just really high fat. If you want to know, my diet is pretty much all extra-virgin olive oil. It has a lot of health benefits including it being highly anti-inflammatory (good for metal and physical well being especially with all the stress you put on your body with lifting).

illstate11 said:
do you do varying exercises for the muscle groups you listed every day?
Well, my current program after bumping cals to 4300, is to put on a little muscle again. Being on keto keeps me lean, but it's damn hard to gain muscle with the lack of insulin coursing through my veins. It's still achievable though. But to answer your Q, my current lean bulk program is:

I now have 3 different workouts and cycle through each coming day. The volume is reduced and the weight increased. I do quick and heavy reps to avoid hitting glycogen since I'm carb depleted. I've gained a lot of mass with this type of lifting before. Lifting heavy weight and lifting it quick hits your fast twitch fibers primarily. Fast twitch fibers are the ones that have the largest potential for growth - as opposed to slow twitch fibers which don't grow as big or as fast IIRC (compare a sprinters physique to a marathon runners).

1:

Chest: 4 sets x 6 reps
Tris: 4 x 6
forearms 4 x 6
calves: 2 x 10

2:

Back: 4 x 6
Bis: 4 x 6
traps: 4 x 6

3:

Shoulders: 6 x 6 (2 sets for each deltoid head)
quads: 3 x 6
hams: 3 x 6

Even though some muscle groups technically should handle more volume, I just did it this way so it's easier to remember and follow. All the core stuff I do as well at the moment.

123456 said:
How is high volume working on a keto diet?

I know when I tried it just k!lled me before....always burned out fast. I was real successful with a low volume workout when I ran a keto diet last time. Went from 28% to 14%bf in 2 and a half months (approx 30lb lost).
Yeah man, high volume is a k!ller on really low carb. Thats why I'm switching to high intensity low rep work. As long as my rest inbetween sets allows enough time to regenerate ATP, I can do more sets. It's the high reps that were the problem.

ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Hey Ronnie, you might have already answered this but do you weight out your food / plan each meal?

I've gone from 165 to 197 and feel pretty lean. But I know I have that thin layer of fat that makes the difference between being shredded and just looking big. Don't know if I need to restrict my diet more to get that last little bit.
I eat the same thing each meal 4 times a day... which is a chicken salad with tons of spices and olive oil. Tastes great with all the fat and if you can find the right mixture of seasoning and spices. So I dont weigh my food, but it's already planned on that part is taken care of. If I eat out, I'll just skip 1 meal or sometihng.

As for losing that little bit left of fat, be careful with calorie restriction. If you go to low, your metabolism might slow down also and may end up staying the same weight or even gaining. For me what worked, is keeping insulin as low as possible. Chronic insulin release is a big reason why people hold a little more fat than normal. I'm carb sensitive tho, and just a little bit of carbs sends my insulin skyrocketing (prob have massive insulin resistance from all the high 500+ carb +300+ protein in gram days of the past). Best way to keep insulin low is to eat low GI food (google "low GI food" if you're not sure what the are) or reduce carb consumption altogether and replace the calories with olive oil.

Another good thing about olive oil is that in contains oleic acid -a monounsaturated fat - primarily, and from some papers Ive read online, it is preferentially burned off as energy rather than stored as body fat. So by adding olive oil to your diet in place of some carbs, you're definitely creating an environment in your body that will support a naturally lower body fat percentage.

StateProperty88 said:
What are your dieting tips Ronnie?
What works for me might not work for the next person, but definitely lowering carbs and increasing fats. People eat too many carbs and too little fat. Switch out half your carbs and replace with the equivalent in olive oil. Your health will thank you and you'll naturally be leaner as well.

---

I calculate my calories by punching my food in . good site to mess with your macros, totals and percentages
 6 years ago '05        #49
coolwhip 
space
space
$1,142 | Props total: 2 2
can u post what u eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks?
 6 years ago '98        #50
space
space
^ each meal is just veggies, little bit of chicken brea$t, herbs and spices, and a lot of olive oil

basically high fat, low carb

ok heres some pics... been on 4300 calories for pretty much 2 days. This is as lean as I can be without feeling like sh*t energy wise. So looks like my cut cycle only lasted a couple days. I looked a lot leaner a day or 2 ago before I went higher calories, but my workouts suffered and generally felt tired and lazy. So since I'm stopping the cut cycle short (lasted less than a week I think) my new pics look exactly the same as before . But now its time to pack on some mass brah this the fun part

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '98        #51
space
space
these pics were from a couple summers ago when I was beast mode. I was on high carb high protein and lifted like a mad man. Was a lot bigger back then, and thats due to the diet. If you want to gain mass, high carb high protein low fat is great. Wouldnt go back to that though b/c I'm big into living healthy now rather that getting huge. Plus, lotta chicks thought I was too big and scary.

I'm about 195 here, so 10 lbs heavier. High carb means my muscles werent flat and glycogen depleted. You can see how every muscle here sticks out and is more rounded than my new pics. If I carb load now, I'd look pretty close to these old pics.

... and loved walking around the city in just a beater during the summer as u can tell for the gay a.ss tan lines

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #52
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,488 | Props total: 17932 17932
Those triceps are lookin good mannn
 6 years ago '06        #53
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
How tall are you? I was about your size before i stopped working out 4 times a week now Im at 1-2 max I gotta start again. Im still solid, but Ima put on more mass I was 220 im about 208 now. I'll probably be 225 by winter
 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM         #54
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so... wow that's a lot of science... let me see If I can sum this up. lift heavy as sh*t, lower carbs, increase fats with super s3xy extra extra virgin olive oil?
 6 years ago '06        #55
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
 Sid 6point7 said:
so... wow that's a lot of science... let me see If I can sum this up. lift heavy as sh*t, lower carbs, increase fats with super s3xy extra extra virgin olive oil?
I dont eat like ronnie, but I have a similar build n I eat whatever I want. I'm black though
 6 years ago '04        #56
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 ronnie said:
Another thing with going low cals while going extremely low carbs, is to do a workout that suits that particular diet. The high rep sets (drop sets until I feel the burn) isn't a good idea when glycogen levels are already low. When your glycogen levels are low and you force your body to use the glycolytic system for ATP regeneration, cortisol becomes a BIG issue. A mirrored situation is like training long and hard while glycogen depleted. Stress hormone cortisol starts to take over. While normal amounts of cortisol is healthy, excessive amounts can affect muscle growth, mood, energy levels etc. So my workouts now are heavy, quick, 6 rep sets with longer breaks inbetween (around 1 minute or 2). That way I'm just using my ATP system for explosive energy (while minimally hitting my glycolytic system), and as a result will keep cortisol in check (I've done heavy 6 rep sets last year when I was bulking on low carb, and know that def. worked in terms of keeping those stress hormones down).
This is why I asked how you felt...it's REAL tough to do high reps on low carb diets. Even HIIT or fast cardio burns me out with low carbs
 6 years ago '09        #57
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
what he 4got is its really expensive to get big or even lean...........all the supplements/food will cost 200-300 a month easy (the boxden money prolly good)

7 days a week is too beast im pretty sure u need muscles to relax..........i heard creatine is bad for ur muscles
 6 years ago '05        #58
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 FappingFapstar said:
what he 4got is its really expensive to get big or even lean...........all the supplements/food will cost 200-300 a month easy (the boxden money prolly good)

7 days a week is too beast im pretty sure u need muscles to relax..........i heard creatine is bad for ur muscles
@ this entire post.. Creatine bad for muscles..

Eating healthy isn't expensive at all. If you aren't a complete dumbass and know how to cook, eating healthy, clean bulking or eating to stay lean, is relatively inexpensive and easy. The key is to buy meat, poultry and fish in bulk. The fruits and veggies are dirt cheap.
 6 years ago '09        #59
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
 Rubix said:
@ this entire post.. Creatine bad for muscles..

Eating healthy isn't expensive at all. If you aren't a complete dumbass and know how to cook, eating healthy, clean bulking or eating to stay lean, is relatively inexpensive and easy. The key is to buy meat, poultry and fish in bulk. The fruits and veggies are dirt cheap.
its horrible actually........its water retention

its bad for ur kidneys/liver......u have to drink about 8 cups of water a day

it makes ur muscles look more full but taking it isnt good; there are better products

im from nyc......the good meats chicken veggies arent cheap

anybody who works out knows its expensive and diet is more important then the workout itself
 6 years ago '07        #60
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 FappingFapstar said:
its horrible actually........its water retention

its bad for ur kidneys/liver......u have to drink about 8 cups of water a day

it makes ur muscles look more full but taking it isnt good; there are better products

im from nyc......the good meats chicken veggies arent cheap

anybody who works out knows its expensive and diet is more important then the workout itself
LMAO... $200-300 a month is expensive??? That's $3600 a year... ANY job can cover that lol

8 cups of water a day is a bad thing? You should be drinking that much water anyway?

Creatine just makes your muscles look more full?? How about adding another phosphate to Adenosine Diphosphate... Replenishing your ATP stores in your muscle after you've expended them working out... Now let me ask this... What product is better for this?

Getting lean and working out is NOT anymore expensive than doing any other type of living... Hell I have more expendable cash now that I'm eating right than I did whenever I was eating trash lmao.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
39 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
294 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy