Apr 27 - 'Miss Black France' raises eyebrows and questions

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #21
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 602 602
 zogby said:
beyonce was voted most beautiful woman in the world last week
stop acting like a victim.
yea that's one person. Joel ward who plays for the Washington Capitals was called ****** all over twitter simple because he scored the winning goal in a play off game. When the movie hunger games came out people who were fans of the book were upset that a little girl in the book who they pictured to be white was actually black. I'm not acting like a victim i'm just telling you reality your choosing to ignore it.
 6 years ago '05        #22
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
wow. white people are so fu*kin oblivious about sh*t like this it's so funny. they really think discrimination against black people don't exist this n*gga said waacp what a fu*kin dumbass.
 6 years ago '09        #23
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 zogby said:
MTV DIDNT PLAY THRILLER
REALLY ???????
you fu*king just make sh*t up dont you.

MTV also had a reputation for favoring white performers at the time, and its heavy rotation of Jackson videos helped alleviate the criticism

I didn't say the thriller video and I didn't say they never played the video I said they wouldn't, as in when they first received it they wouldn't. CBS who owned the video threatened to pull all artist videos if they didn't start playing Jackson's videos so they did.

Also this was taken from the same article that you posted. it just goes to show you peoples mind state at that time? don't you think these people passed their thinking on to their children? children who would me my age now?

2. "Thriller's" phenomenal success led to a breaking down of traditional racial barriers on FM radio at the time. New York's WPLJ, a "white" station, played Jackson's "Beat It" because of Eddie Van Halen's appearance on it. The song caused a wave of protests from some listeners who didn't want "black" music on their station. MTV also had a reputation for favoring white performers at the time, and its heavy rotation of Jackson videos helped alleviate the criticism.

Last edited by jasperfect; 04-28-2012 at 06:57 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #24
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,829 | Props total: 1040 1040
 6 years ago '06        #25
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,691 | Props total: 71 71
 mikesaimname said:
remember...it's not racist if anyone but whites do it...only racist if its white...no white miss america, waacp, w.e.t.
 Freemind said:
Id love to seem them attempt White Miss America
Really? Thats the worst argument White America comes back with. Like it has been stated before the (albeit wrong) standard of beauty is european, aquiline features. Its a reason there are minority specific contests,channels,colleges and organizations. White America kept playing the discrimination game so Minorities decided to do their own thing...now Whites wanna cry racism and all that sh*t...miss me with that
 6 years ago '06        #26
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,691 | Props total: 71 71
 Martel said:
wow. white people are so fu*kin oblivious about sh*t like this it's so funny. they really think discrimination against black people don't exist this n*gga said waacp what a fu*kin dumbass.
Breh they act like it aint a million and one pro white organizations. sh*t from the Klan down to NOFEAR and EURO...
 04-28-2012, 07:10 PM         #27
redacted  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You sh*t on somebody, don't get all simple when they decide to start something that excludes you, or a representative of you. What's hard to understand here? No eyebrows should be raised at all. It's like getting upset over TV One, or a Sitcom with a predominantly black cast.

This is another outlet for a group that's either ignored by the media, or out right disrespected. Whites have so many outlets where they can be seen or heard no problem. Don't get uppity over other races having outlets geared toward them specifically. It's happening for a reason. Said reason is still prominent, and was cemented in history.

It's like if a women's group went on a tangent about Spike TV's marketing being s3xist. It's geared toward a male demographic, you idiotic c*nt! You have WE, Oprah's network, Lifetime, and all those cooking channels. Those are all marketed toward women. This pageant is celebrating women for a specific demo. Shut the fu*k up with the whining, your argument isn't valid.

Last edited by redacted; 04-29-2012 at 11:29 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #28
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 jasperfect said:
I didn't say the thriller video and I didn't say they never played the video I said they wouldn't, as in when they first received it they wouldn't. CBS who owned the video threatened to pull all artist videos if they didn't start playing Jackson's videos so they did.

Also this was taken from the same article that you posted. it just goes to show you peoples mind state at that time? don't you think these people passed their thinking on to their children? children who would me my age now?

2. "Thriller's" phenomenal success led to a breaking down of traditional racial barriers on FM radio at the time. New York's WPLJ, a "white" station, played Jackson's "Beat It" because of Eddie Van Halen's appearance on it. The song caused a wave of protests from some listeners who didn't want "black" music on their station. MTV also had a reputation for favoring white performers at the time, and its heavy rotation of Jackson videos helped alleviate the criticism.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #29
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 813 813
hmmm if it was to be an all white girl thing there would be a prob too soo........ bad idea imo
 6 years ago '09        #30
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1115 1115
Came in here thinking she was gonna be a tranny
 04-28-2012, 07:16 PM         #31
ThisUsernameSux  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You people do know that "WAACP" would stand for White a.ssociation for the Advancement of Coloured People"? Ignorance...
 04-28-2012, 07:22 PM         #32
THNKS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThisUsernameSux said:
You people do know that "WAACP" would stand for White a.ssociation for the Advancement of Coloured People"? Ignorance...
Whites don't change colors?

balls in your court...*pause*

Last edited by THNKS; 04-28-2012 at 07:25 PM..
 04-28-2012, 07:28 PM         #33
Tybigbigguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 zogby said:
beyonce was voted most beautiful woman in the world last week
stop acting like a victim.
She's light skinned that's why
 6 years ago '09        #34
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 Tybigbigguy said:
She's light skinned that's why
On top of being light skinned she's often photoshopped into even lighter shades.
 6 years ago '10        #35
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 ThisUsernameSux said:

[pic - click to view]

04-28-2012, 07:43 PM         #36
Tybigbigguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jasperfect said:
On top of being light skinned she's often photoshopped into even lighter shades.
Whites only recognize light skinned females as being good looking E.g Beyonce, Halle Berry, Vanessa Williams, Rihanna etc

Nobody can deny this
 6 years ago '04        #37
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
the darker you are as a female, the harder is it for you to be attractive...it's a biological fact
 6 years ago '06        #38
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 18818 18818
 04-28-2012, 08:18 PM         #39
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just have a question for white people in here. Not tryna be funny or be an as*hole or anything. But I'm just kinda curious. This a hip hop msg board right? You're here I'm guessing you like hip hop & the culture & all that. You guys come in alotta these threads that involve black people whether it be some uplifting sh*t some foul sh*t discrimination against blacks blacks discriminating against whites whatever. & yall say this really ill bizzarre disrespectful sh*t like youre unaware of the black struggle when if you do in fact listen to hip hop its being presented to you more so than not. I guess what I'm asking is when you hear a song from Nas about racial inequality & things involving the betterment of black people do you fast forward the sh*t? If you were to be in a room with some of these artists would you say sh*t like "get over it. Stop being a victim?" I'm just curious is all. Cause alotta of hip hop artists are black. & would co-sign alotta what these posters on here be saying. I dont know if you white kids feel like when n*ggas get on here & talk sh*t about white folk you feel like you have to one up us by saying off the wall sh*t. Black folk never did sh*t to you during the course of history. Its the other way around. The sh*t lingers. Is what it is. I just be puzzled though cause I'll be in a hip hop related thread & see a poster talk about his favorite rapper song whatever & then in like a "black history month" thread I'll see the same poster say "why do yall have to have your own month?"
O.o

Last edited by ManWithoutFear!; 04-28-2012 at 08:54 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #40
panelas 31 heat pts31
space
space
$778 | Props total: 2 2
 lifeundthescope said:
I guess I will reiterate what J.R said, for you dumbass Whites.

"because the standard of beauty is white :)"

White Logic tho "only racist if its White!!!@@@!111" it's unbelievable how ignorant you people can be.
most of the women who have one recently have even been white, they have like a tanned mixed colour
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy