Apr 26 - CISPA (cyber security bill) Passes House 248 to 168!

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
195 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kawhi just posted this on Instagram
18 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-26-2012, 06:23 PM         #1
7457 pageviews
104 comments

TheCityOnMyMind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apr 26 - CISPA (cyber security bill) Passes House 248 to 168!

[pic - click to view]

The cable-backed cybersecurity bill HR 3523, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, passed the House of Representatives 248 to 42 late Thursday with various amendments to make it more palatable to privacy groups and Democrats. It faces even further modifications in the Senate, its Republican backers conceded, and will need them if it is to avoid a veto threat by the White House issued earlier this week.

Passage, which included more than 40 Democratic ayes, followed a generally respectful, but extensive daylong debate, first on amendments then on the underlying bill.

The bill allows for government sharing of cyberthreat information with industry, and vice versa, subject to some restrictions, though not enough for privacy groups.

Among the amendments agreed to, is sunsetting the bills provisions in five years, which means it will get a review and have to be renewed. There were also amendments to narrow the definitions in the bill and make it clear that the information being shared between industry and government can be FOIA'd, subject to the usual exemptions.

But bill opponents, including privacy groups and many Democrats, are still concerned about the bill's liability protections for companies they say encourage them to dump data, including personal data, on the government, the extent to which the government can use that information, and the rubric of "national security" that could cover a multitude of perceived sins.

Companies are encouraged, but not required, to delete personal information identifiers from any info they share.

Bill critics talked about the bill sweeping away privacy protections and empowering government spying, charges that appeared to frustrate Republican bill backers who maintained it was a narrow bill and that it was time to take a first step, suggesting there would be opportunity for more refinements and narrowing before it made it to the President's desk.

By late Thursday, the criticisms of a bipartisan bill that had passed 17 to 1 out of the House Intelligence Committee started sounding like the pushback on another bipartisan online bill that gave government more power and industry more liability protections, the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). SOPA was eventually deep-sixed.

In fact, several legislators went out of their way to say this was not a repeat of SOPA, including pointing out nothing in the bill allows the government to block Web sites or movie downloads. "This is not SOPA," said Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-Md.), co-sponsor of the bill.

The bill does not include a final amendment, a provision preventing an employer from asking for a Facebook or Twitter password as a condition of employment. It was not directly related to the bill, but is an issue that has been in the news and on some legislators' minds for weeks now, and was pushed by Rep. Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.).

Bill co-sponsor Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) expressed frustration that the amendment was offered, saying it was another one of the "kitchen sink" items opponents had thrown at a bill he was attempting to keep as narrow as possible.

CISPA's passage means House Republicans can say they have passed cybersecurity legislation and the ball is now in the Democratically controlled Senate's court, a point they will likely make the next time Anonymous hacks into a high-profile web site.

[pic - click to view]

CISPAPasses House 248Â*to 168 - 2012-04-26 22:39:44 | Broadcasting & Cable

104 comments for "Apr 26 - CISPA (cyber security bill) Passes House 248 to 168!"

6 years ago '04        #2
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
H.R. 3523: Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act
 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM         #3
ThatHustle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
F*ck sh*t a$$ b1tch c*nt

Obama needs to flex his veto power

Last edited by ThatHustle; 04-26-2012 at 07:30 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #4
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5120 5120
DUHH I told you it would pass... n*ggas dont give a fu*k.

PEOPLE DONT GIVE A fu*k ABOUT THIS! Until they are affected in some way.

bx n*ggas wont even reply or try to discuss this. Its much easier to talk about bullshiiit news mane. Kinda shows u whats important. This will not be vetoed... This is exactly what they wanted. Sopa was just a beta version of cispa.
 6 years ago '10        #5
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
dark days ahead
 6 years ago '05        #6
space
space

[video - click to view]

IF YOU ARE CURIOUS ABOUT HOW THIS AFFECTS YOU PLEASE READ!
Lets wake the fu*k up, we cant keep watching the kardashians, and ESPN while shiit like this goes down.
CISPA HAS PASSED

WHY IS THIS BAD?

+Our govt can read any of your emails, see your history, and monitor your IP and activity AT ALL TIMES.

+There is nothing to protect you from the govt, our amendment rights have been forfeited to f!ght terrorism.

+This is going to create a very different kind of internet environment. Super restrictive, and the things you say or do, can get you in trouble. Imagine no BX, because the government says so. This isnt an attempt to fear monger, this is our near future.

+imagine the govt being able to monitor your searches emails etc, and just by using a "key word" you become a terrorist, or a n*gga on the watch list.

+piracy is done, simply sharing or viewing pirated material = busted. The corps can use the easily obtainable evidence to sue millions, or easily scare people to settle out of court. Torrents will be a thing of the past in America, youtube videos will become evidence. Opinions can become threats to the government. This is REAL sh*t.

+the big internet companies you love and enjoy support this bill, they want to give your information to corps, and our government freely. ISP's will have to give them what ever they ask for also.

+This is for protection... Cyber terrorism. You are now a terrorist... Enjoy your limited rights.

In my opinion.
This just means that those who choose to f!ght will have to use a different infrastructure. And encrypt our data, the avg user will be affected. Those wit some knowledge will be able to get around this eventually.

Here is what people dont know.

LISTEN PLEASE!
The bill passed at house, its unanimous... What this means is the likelihood of it passing a 2nd time when it reaches senate is astronomically high... n*gga come on son 248 to 168.... almost 60% approved. You know senate's are going to pass this.

Obama can "try" to veto it. Basically refusing to sign the bill so it cant become a law.

But here is the thing, congress can easily over-ride the veto with 1 round of voting. So Obama cannot stop this train even if he thinks he can. More to back up my point, congress is basically a bunch of old white rich republicans... They dont give a fuk about YOU(n*gga ON BX), Obama's presidency, or the citizens far below their status. They are bought by corps, and dont give a mother fuking fuk. So congress will easily vote against Obama's veto, this will be a fuk you to his presidency. Because they obviously dont want him there, his approval rating is too low, and sheeples are waking up. Time to reup on the next puppet to do the evil work.

[pic - click to view]

This time next year n*ggas wont even want to use the internet, saying the wrong thing, dling the wrong thing, visiting the wrong site could basically land you in jail, or in a court house. Our government can say "Ronnie and Boxden is a threat to the government, and corporations xyz." Make all members suspect. Good times?

So what now my n*ggas?

Ayo ron join the f!ght, put this thread on the front man. I want BX to live forever, i dont want the government on here and trying to ruin this community, and all the others out there.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 04-27-2012 at 01:56 AM..
 04-26-2012, 09:15 PM         #7
TheCityOnMyMind  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andrefrbk said:
Lets wake the fu*k up, we cant keep watching the kardashians, and ESPN while shiit like this goes down.
the sad thing is, most people dont give a fu*k about their rights or their freedom.

we have the TSA groping children

cameras on every corner

the police are bought and paid for by the corporations

we're paying for social security we'll never receive

our government is corrupt, our education sucks, and now their taking away our internet..

what will it take to make the masses understand that one day your gonna wake up and your rights and freedoms will be gone?
 6 years ago '07        #8
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,206 | Props total: 19860 19860
 Hole said:
obama also said he'd veto NDAA and look what happened....
NDAA was very different tho, cause if he vetoed NDAA he would of been not funding the military. that is what they do in Washington. They tie in things to bills that have nothing to do with them.
 6 years ago '05        #9
space
space
I just hope people see this on here, and read and learn more.

This time next year we wont have boxden, this is real shiit, not even tin foil hat status.

The bill is very likely to pass the senate. The senate members average age is 60...

Ask a room full of 60 year olds if they want to pass a bill that will limit the internet, and protect our country against further terrorist attacks, and keep citizens from stealing intellectual property.

WHAT YOU THINK THESE GEEZERS ARE GOING TO SAY?
Ask your grandma what she thinks about it, my granny is 70 and never used the internet a day in her life. This is common, most of the senators probably dont know what a meme is, what trolling is, what 4chan is, what boxden is, what the twitter community is all about. The internet is not an invention for the baby boomer.

The internet was invented for us... ME AND YOU the Y generation. The 1-40 year old... We know what the internet is about, the freedoms, all the factual information, the community's, and decades of entertainment. To us its worth keeping intact, to them they don't care, they lived most of their lives without cellphones, the internet, cable TV.

We grew up with this technology, and now they want to ruin it by stripping our freedoms away. Take everything that drives innovation on the net. P2P, email, voice/video chat. And even sites like boxden can be easily taken away after CISPA.

The baby boomers keep us, generation Y from advancing. We want to legalize drugs, separate church and state, promote freedom, end wars, and give citizens more rights. Each time a bill passes these old "leaders" keep us down. Think about it... Why would the senate's be against CISPA, they are for the drug war and everything else that keeps us from advancing socially. IE NDAA... Obama veto's the bill, congress will just vote against it, thus making it a law regardless of what the American people want.

So What now? I mean Generation Y is extremely distracted to even care, too many of us pay more attention to useless trivia. Keeping up with the kardashians, your favorite sports team, your favorite rappers album, and racism is far more important than whats going on here.

I dont know what cispa means, or why its being talked about. But i know every single NFL player that got drafted tonight, i know Kim kardasian is with kanye, and what they had for lunch, seen the pictures of her azz? I know that stuff, this stuff here, fuk it.

Generation Y = TL;DR about how my freedoms are being reduced.
*insert dancing gif here*

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 04-26-2012 at 10:44 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #10
chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
my trolling days are limited
 6 years ago '06        #11
WillScrillz5000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,666 | Props total: 552 552
 minimafia_aj said:
NDAA was very different tho, cause if he vetoed NDAA he would of been not funding the military. that is what they do in Washington. They tie in things to bills that have nothing to do with them.
yeah but he still said he'd VETO IT and didn't so your argument makes no sense. He lied. Is he gonna do it again this time?
 6 years ago '04        #12
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
dude could have kept his change....
 6 years ago '05        #13
space
space
 chirpflare said:
my trolling days are limited
Say goodbye to access to free pr0n sites, that offer copy written pr0nography.

And homegrown will probably be deemed "dangerous". SO n*ggas will have to shell out just to get a personal nut. Biitches will be getting used far more, expect more babies fams.

Ima miss forums, and piracy. :(

Hoping some how we can stop cispa.
 6 years ago '10        #14
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
This sh*t won't pass the Senate. It'll be forever until we know anyway. Obama will then likely veto the sh*t Anyway.
 04-26-2012, 11:18 PM         #15
ThatHustle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hole said:
obama also said he'd veto NDAA and look what happened....
man i cant even argue that, he's going back on a lot of sh1t he promised, i know i know he's a politician i aint that naive to believe everything they say but i had faith in Obama. He went back on his Marijuanna promises too, more crackdowns on weed than under the fukkin Bush administration. No bueno.
 6 years ago '05        #16
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
This sh*t won't pass the Senate. It'll be forever until we know anyway. Obama will then likely veto the sh*t Anyway.
Exhibit B ^

The Generation Y wishful thinker. The ignorant hopeful who is too lazy to find the truth.

"n*ggaaaa pleaseee, NDAA wont pass senate, and my n*gga Obama is going to veto that shiit. What is the NDAA though? I heard its bad and stuff though brah, so it aint gonna pass."
"Being able to arrest n*ggas without question? Treat America the same as a war zone, haha n*gga you crazy man, Obama aint gonna pass that, ole tin foil hat with the matching shoes azz n*ggas..."

Ay man keep wishing on a star, while the facts leading to the truth are waiting for you, some right on this page which you purposely avoided.

[video - click to view]

Perfect track for you.
 6 years ago '06        #17
space
space
 minimafia_aj said:
It wasn't an "argument". It was the facts. nice try though.

Imo, if Obama plans on getting reelected, it would be absolutely foolish for him to not only pass it, but go out of his way to threaten a veto and then sign it into law. Like I said before NDAA was tied to critical funding of the military, soldiers benefits, medical, pay checks pensions etc. What is it gonna look like not just morally but politically if he stiffs the military? CLUSTERfu*k.
A side thing I noticed. they way you can just tie things into bills that have no relevance is stupid as fu*k. Republicans trying to tie contraception laws to transportation bills

but back to NDAA, imo he still shouldn't of signed NDAA but then again idk what else he could of done but issue the signing statement.
It's simple, he said he'd VETO it, and ended up SIGNING it, end of story. He lied. Emphasize my "argument" comment if you wish but it's simple. He lied.

All we are talking about is what he said and did before. THERE IS NOW NO CREDIBILITY IN WHAT HE SAYS. Read his flop on medical marijuana to further my stance.

Yeah I get what you're saying, "Obama doesn't really run the show." But with that logic, what's the point of having a President?? Besides, WHAT THE fu*k will these "powers" do if he doesn't sign something?? Really... will they k!ll him.. no. So what you're saying is he signed it because he's weak minded. I could have told you that from day fu*king one.

the mainstream media never really covered NDAA and wont CISPA either.
So now let me just add I thank God for sites like Boxden because I find out WAY more about what's really going on in the government than I EVER could on MSNBC, Fox News, or CNN.

Last edited by WillScrillz5000; 04-27-2012 at 12:38 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #18
space
space
 Andrefrbk said:
But here is the thing, congress can easily over-ride the veto with 1 round of voting. So Obama cannot stop this train even if he thinks he can.
If it does actually reach that point, and I hope it doesn't, just know that if Obama does actually try to veto it and actually does fail, at least he stood for something and tried.

I'd much rather he f!ght for our freedoms than give in, lie, and flip flop like he did with NDAA and medical marijuana crackdowns.
 04-27-2012, 12:45 AM         #19
Gamberro  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't give us healthcare, stress our computers. fu*k the USA.
 6 years ago '06        #20
space
space
 Jayg36 said:
Nobody gives a fu*k. I be feelin like Americans want to be slaves. Why the fu*k do we even bother acting lie we want to live in a free society? Really, wtf is the point of voting? Wtf is the point of acting like this is still a democracy??? WHY DID I WASTE 8 YEARS OF MY LIFE DEFENDING A CONSTITUTION THAT THE LAWMAKERS WANT TO ABOLISH???

I am literally sick to my stomach.
I share the same sentiments. I feel like the people are on a steady decline with no real appreciation for what makes this country great. It's to the point where history is doomed to repeat itself (Rome).
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy