Question about amino acids and creatine supplements?

most viewed right now
 NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
25 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Sunday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Oakland Raiders Gameday Thread
860 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
64 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
8632 pageviews
13 comments

beatboyheatboy 
space
space
$2,823 | Props total: 56 56
Question about amino acids and creatine supplements?

I weight train about 4 days out the week.

On the days I do train I take amino fuel, a creatine supplement, and whey protein shake.

My question is should I only take these supplements on the days i work out or should I take them everyday, even when i don't?

13 comments for "Question about amino acids and creatine supplements?"

6 years ago '11        #2
xrayvisionmedia 
space
space
$366 | Props total: 14 14
All you would ever need is whey protein and creatine on a cycle. Amino acids are a scam, if you eat a balanced diet, they are in your food. Take both supplements everyday.
 6 years ago '05        #3
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
 xrayvisionmedia said:
All you would ever need is whey protein and creatine on a cycle. Amino acids are a scam, if you eat a balanced diet, they are in your food. Take both supplements everyday.
Protein is in your food too, does that make protein supplements a scam? Also, if we don't need amino acids, wouldn't it follow that we don't need protein as well?
 6 years ago '07        #4
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,410 | Props total: 2527 2527
 Rubix said:
Protein is in your food too, does that make protein supplements a scam? Also, if we don't need amino acids, wouldn't it follow that we don't need protein as well?
I'm kinda with X-Ray on this one.. I kinda feel like Aminos are a scam (as a standalone supplement) I mean a lot of the proteins on the market have BCAAs in them and some of the preworkouts... Well maybe not a scam.. Maybe just a bit superfluous

That being said... lol if I just had a lot of disposable cash... I'd definitely have some kind of BCAA supp (like Xtend) to sip on intraworkout. I think they can be helpful, but most of us are strapped for cash... and with a lot of Preworkouts (like a.ssault) throwing the BCAAs and Creatine in them as well... I can't justify spending it in my budget... Once i get out of school though.. Different story.
 04-26-2012, 10:01 PM         #5
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just grab some BCAA's and CrM from somewhere like purebulk or nutraplanet.

~55$ for 2 kg of BCAA and CrM

take 5-10g of each daily and that enough for 4-6 months.
 6 years ago '04        #6
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,117 | Props total: 597 597
 Optimus Crime said:
I'm kinda with X-Ray on this one.. I kinda feel like Aminos are a scam (as a standalone supplement) I mean a lot of the proteins on the market have BCAAs in them and some of the preworkouts... Well maybe not a scam.. Maybe just a bit superfluous

That being said... lol if I just had a lot of disposable cash... I'd definitely have some kind of BCAA supp (like Xtend) to sip on intraworkout. I think they can be helpful, but most of us are strapped for cash... and with a lot of Preworkouts (like a.ssault) throwing the BCAAs and Creatine in them as well... I can't justify spending it in my budget... Once i get out of school though.. Different story.
Gotta be a troll post or xrayvisionmedia alias account.......
 6 years ago '98        #7
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,196 | Props total: 3603 3603
u should take creatine every day. That way you maintain your creatine saturation in the muscles.
 6 years ago '11        #8
xrayvisionmedia 
space
space
$366 | Props total: 14 14
 enetblazin4eva said:
A troll post on someone who joined in 2007. Go eat a d!ck punk.
 6 years ago '07        #9
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 enetblazin4eva said:
Neither.. Just my opinion. I'm 25 years old and I've NEVER purchased a straight up Amino product... And I'm doing just fine. I work out 4-6 times a week (whenever I get time) and I use a preworkout (off and on) a multivitamin and a protein supplement. Outside of the multi and the protein I consider everything superfluous, because if your diet is right that's all you need. (Hell OG bodybuilders used to make their own protein drinks with stuff they had in their cupboards) That being said I like to try out a pwo every once in a while when I feel like I'm in a lull.

I gave him my honest opinion... I don't see anything in my post that would make it a troll post... I'm a post grad student, and when I spend I typically try to cover the essentials (food, multivitamin, protein, etc.) and when I have extra... I get extra.

The original poster asked if he should take the supplements on the days he doesn't work out. My advice... Read the container, but if it's like most, take the creatine on your off days, and if you need more protein to hit your caloric requirements for the day go and take that too. But I don't think you need to take the Amino Fuel on your off days
 6 years ago '05        #10
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
 Optimus Crime said:

But you didn't answer my question.. Why would we need protein but not amino acids?
 6 years ago '07        #11
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 Rubix said:
But you didn't answer my question.. Why would we need protein but not amino acids?
lol do you want a dissertation? What I said was that they're not necessary. They're nice to have... But they're not necessary. Just like protein powders aren't required

But fine then... Why protein but not amino acids? Because peptides can be broken down and serve the same purpose. Free form amino acids are faster and more effective because they do not not to be digested and can be available at the needed site (i.e., muscle group) quickly, whereas a protein would need to be broken down first (through digestion). You don't NEED protein, but if you can't hit your protein macro for the day, it helps... Not everyone is going to have time to sit down and eat every meal.

So sure... we don't NEED protein powders and we don't NEED BCAA powders, just like we don't NEED creatine because they can all be supplied naturally in our diets. It's all supplementation. Not essential... a help when you are lacking. I take in about 20g BCAAs per day with my protein and preworkout shakes. (And that's not even including what I'm getting from eggs, chicken, steak, broccoli, legumes, brown rice, spinach, etc.)
 6 years ago '04        #12
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,117 | Props total: 597 597
Dude is like "don't take AAs but imma take my preworkout nitrix oxide supplements". Trying to audition that BX Gym anti-supplement crew but still recommend multi-vitamins.
 6 years ago '07        #13
Just1Spark 
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 75 75
if u can hit your protein requirements without amino acids then don't take them. i take them only when they're either free or on sale. they're great for hitting your protein for the day without taking in too many calories.
 6 years ago '05        #14
beatboyheatboy  OP
space
space
$2,823 | Props total: 56 56
these posts put me in the right direction...thank u people
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
101 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
128 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy