Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '12        #61
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
The Illum shall strike himith down.
 6 years ago '04        #62
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,753 | Props total: 1571 1571
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
get mad all you want but shorty was droppin mixtapes and doin her own videos a couple years before "gucci gucci" even dropped g..
I'm not mad my n*gga I'm just shedding light on one versus the other I know dope/ill/talented rappers that grind just as hard spend just as money and do three times the street work not talkin about myself that gets the door slammed in their face because they wont follow a certain path....

It's all good though it dont effect me one bit we all got our time

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 04-26-2012 at 07:36 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #63
gshag33 36 heat pts36
space
space
$13,660 | Props total: 4182 4182
pit >
 6 years ago '04        #64
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 1128 1128
my n*g pit bull honest as f*ck bout it

he went from "damnit man" being a local miami radio hit in like '02-'03 to doin' songs w/ muhf*ckas like usher, ne-yo, and pretty much every popular r&b/pop singer or group during the decade of the 2000's up to this point (spring 2012)

i doubt he has multiple platinum-selling albums, but i know his radio singles success is on some world records sh*t.

that n*gga pit bull has the spanglish pop/r&b market on LOCK. i'm not a huge fan of his music but i'm proud as f*ck for hm.
 6 years ago '07        #65
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
pitbull is literally the first artist i heard say this or some kind of variation of it...i have never ever heard an artist say this before...pure poetry
 6 years ago '10        #66
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5870 5870
 Ra-da-god said:
I'm not mad my n*gga I'm just shedding light on one versus the other I know dope/ill/talented rappers that grind just as hard spend just as money and do three times the street work not talkin about myself that gets the door slammed in their face because they wont follow a certain path....

It's all good though it dont effect me one bit we all got our time
It depends on who you're targeting. If you're cool with fitting into a niche market and having a certain core fanbase then just what you want to do and cater to that group of people.

Just my opinion.
 04-26-2012, 09:43 PM         #67
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats how the entertainment business is
 6 years ago '11        #68
Unknown Dude 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,201 | Props total: 90 90
 420Heat said:
i see someones been listening to xzibit- multiply?
 Unknown Dude said:
i see someones been listening to mystikal verse- let's get 'em?
 6 years ago '10        #69
space
space
 vickfan said:
yall are right atists should starve for the "love of the art"
Top Ramen is fine cuisine. Thought you knew.
 6 years ago '10        #70
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,311 | Props total: 1963 1963
 Ratty Tat Tat said:
Hence why this guy is even relevant let alone in Bud Light commercials and halftime shows and sh*t.

He is hands down one of the worst talents I have ever seen.
you're probably black. pitbull is a decent artist. means something to the hispanic community. he be having a few songs sometimes that i throw on for the car
 6 years ago '06        #71
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,104 | Props total: 16 16
look at drake, kanye west etc... you can be talented and still be successful..you just gotta step your writing game up or should I say "step it down" because at the end of the day, you're going to have to dumb down for the masses and drake has found a perfect way of doing that while still sounding nice
 6 years ago '11        #72
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 marcusaka50 said:
I don't think marketing has nothing to do with it.

Its all about making music that appeals to a wider audience.

Pitbull switch his whole style up because he makes more money making pop records than rap records.

50 cent, Wayne, Jayz all switched their style up to appeal to a wider audience which means more record sells and more tour money.

It doesn't got sh*t to do with marketing.

Big Kritt is a great artist......Does he market himself wrong? Or is it his music doesn't appeal to the masses.

And he started from the bottom and still underground.
What you're describing is marketing
 6 years ago '11        #73
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 skillahmang said:
Nas is one of the greatest MC's but he was lazy and never could have the hustle of Jay-Z

some could argue nas is more talented, but jay-z knew how to corner the market and hustle the game better.

for example. jay started rocawear and nas was marketing other brands instead of creating his own sh*t.

just playing off the talented dont hustle argument, which obv doesn't prove right for jay, but def for NAS
Exactly. I always tell dudes, even if Nas was a more talented rapper, he would
've never been as big as Jay cause Nas was lazy. He never pushed himself, never even tried to top Illmatic. He just felt he made Illmatic so he didn't have to compete, which is ironically, how a lot of his fans think.
 6 years ago '11        #74
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Ant McQueen said:
According to Steve Stoute, Nas was never a lazy dude. He just wanted to be an artist. That's all he ever wanted to be. All of the extra things that guys like Puff, Jay, 50, etc get into never really interested Nas like that. He said that Nas passed on a lot of great opportunities while he (Steve Stoute) was managing Nas because he didn't really want the attention.

I think we've gotten so used to seeing so many artists become (or try to become) moguls, bosses, or whatever you wanna call it that... that's how we gauge their success a lot of the times. We don't think about their aspirations and we just compare them to others that have achieved success.
No. Nas was lazy. Say he didn't want to be a big commercial hit (so, let's ignore oochie wally and the sh*t with Ginuwine) when have you seen Nas challenge himself as an artist? Until HHID it didn't even seem like he was trying. Like I said, it never seemed like he tried to progress or make an album better than his first. He was just rapping cause he was good at it. Nas was lazy. Even Carmen said he was lazy while he was making Illmatic. Granted, he was a kid, but Nas has never tried to excel in his own lane, forget Hov's.
 6 years ago '10        #75
space
space
 ImInHerMouth said:
No. Nas was lazy. Say he didn't want to be a big commercial hit (so, let's ignore oochie wally and the sh*t with Ginuwine) when have you seen Nas challenge himself as an artist? Until HHID it didn't even seem like he was trying. Like I said, it never seemed like he tried to progress or make an album better than his first. He was just rapping cause he was good at it. Nas was lazy. Even Carmen said he was lazy while he was making Illmatic. Granted, he was a kid, but Nas has never tried to excel in his own lane, forget Hov's.
I was talking about him wanting to be like these other guys in terms of the industry. Being a " mogul " or something of that nature didn't interest him.

Artistically, I think Nas has pushed himself over the years. I think there's a lot people that want him to drop classics, but " won't let him " because they're always comparing his later material to Illmatic. No matter what he does there's gonna be people that are gonna say, " It's aight, but it's not Illmatic. "

The gift and the curse of dropping one of the greatest albums in Hip Hop history on your first go round.

Just my opinion.

EDIT:

[video - click to view]

Steve Stoute (Nas's former manager for those who don't know) speaking on Nas @ 3:06.

Last edited by Ant McQueen; 04-26-2012 at 11:59 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #76
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
I aint even mad

Dude found an audience and struck gold. Props to him making money
 04-27-2012, 05:56 AM         #77
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blacknitro said:
People own record labels.

People own radio stations.

Those people don't owe you anything. They can ride with who ever the fucc they want to ride with. Simple as that. The music industry is no different than any other business out there. They hire whoever the fucc they want, for whatever reason they want. No one owes anyone anything.

You say they don't fucc with u bcuz u don't go their path. That's how it is in every business. You can't work at Walmart or McDonalds unless you follow their path (wear their uniforum, do the tasks they ask you to do and be on time, etc).

Not trying to offend u. Just keepin it real. And no. I'm not saying u should change your style. Just lettin u know, that no owes u sh*t.

The only problem i have is working at Walmart isnt the same as making music and creating art for people. The "entertainment buisness" for the most part is just "wrapping sh*t in gold packages" Its all about expanding the profit margin WHILE AT THE SAME TIME selling and telling you any kind of bullsh*t to push sales.

The "buisness" just PUSH PUSH PUSHES false idols on you and basically makes all the top artists conform to what THEY THINK THEY WANT PEOPLE TO HEAR. If you dont make certain kinds of records, you dont get the same play or the same shot as someone they have ALREADY PICKED they want to succeed.

Sure a great artist can sneak by and here and there but for the for the most part they just push the artists they can control to the masses with big promotional budgets and commercial campaigns and the artists that want to make true art usually get "shelved" or "blackballed" or any type of underhanded practices the industry have at thier disposal.

most talented people wont even get heard because of financial burdens or their unwillingness to conform to uncreative formulas......not because they were "lazy" or lacked the skill to make a great piece of art.

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 04-27-2012 at 06:02 AM..
 04-27-2012, 07:46 AM         #78
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah he would most def know
 6 years ago '08        #79
thefireisreal 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$107 | Props total: 32 32
dumbed down his raps and doubled his dollars - sad really but i understand
90% skill and 10% hollywood - xzibit
 6 years ago '09        #80
blacknacirema4 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,095 | Props total: 381 381
 TrueHopTunes said:
Well, I guess that's better than Juvenile's recent claim that the music industry is 95% business and only a dismal 5% talent...
I've heard "5% talent" much more often than any other projective figure out there. Pitbull is being liberal with that 10%...which is why im still bewildered how people (sometimes on here) will try to judge artistic talent by factors that are strictly business.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
81 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy