Pitbull says music business is “90 percent business, 10 percent talent”

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
310 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
5 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,966 | Props total: 10890 10890
 YOUNGZERO said:
That's why the rules of the underground clearly states to reject the mainstream.

Clearly, people with no talent succeed in this World.
You can have talent and still succeed as a talented artist. But theirs certain ways you gotta market yourself and work hard.
 6 years ago '11        #42
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
Duh! duh! (tko capone's voice)
 04-26-2012, 04:08 PM         #43
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sivraj said:
I fu*k with some of pitbulls club music cause he do be havin the clubs jumpin though. Plus he's got endorsements from Dr. Pepper and Bud Light dude is gettin money rather you like it or not.

I'd hate to say it, but the club you go to plays trash. People are stupid, of course they'll go crazy to something they've heard a million times.
 6 years ago '11        #44
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
 Ant McQueen said:
Props to Pitbull for re-shaping his career and getting to where he is. He didn't like the way thing were going so he took control. That's an awesome thing.

A friend and I were having a conversation about how the " more talented " artists (not throwing any salt at Pitbull, but in general) don't market and make things happen for themselves like the " less talented " artists do. These guys have their stuff down to a formula. From the way they make their music, their persona, their style of dress, etc. They try to bring some entertainment value along with what they do. It would be cool to see some of the " more talented " artists do the same (but keep their content intact).

Just my opinion.
No pillow talking???
 04-26-2012, 04:09 PM         #45
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Duh, yall just sheep who eat up anything the big music corporations throw your way.....
 6 years ago '05        #46
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,201 | Props total: 11808 11808
Thank you Pitbull.
 04-26-2012, 04:12 PM         #47
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look at jersey shore, talentless douchebags.

Go to your nearest mall, the people they hire are hipster douchebags.

The entire American culture is dumbed down, hence the reason why China and the rest of the World leads in subjects like math and science.

The masses are conditioned to like mediocre bullshiit, it was all designed to be that way.
 6 years ago '05        #48
agentspits.com 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,031 | Props total: 747 747
I definitely respect Pit Bull's hustle.
 04-26-2012, 04:50 PM         #49
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Forget everyone. You get that money, and you invest in yourself," he said. "Nobody's going to bring you a bigger return on your investment than yourself."

What a quote and it's absolutely true.
 6 years ago '10        #50
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,561 | Props total: 5922 5922
 keejee said:
No pillow talking???
No sir.
 6 years ago '12        #51
Phuck Yiu 34 heat pts34
space
space
$7,414 | Props total: 10149 10149
Pitbull dont even have 5% talent
 6 years ago '10        #52
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
i see someones been listening to xzibit- multiply?
 6 years ago '09        #53
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
With the talent floating around today I would have to agree. I'm saying these cats aren't really coming with anything new. In my opinion It's to monkey see monkey do. sh*t drives me crazy that people eat that sh*t up and anything else they turn they're nose up at it. I just don't get it.
 6 years ago '06        #54
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,325 | Props total: 18276 18276
 Ratty Tat Tat said:
Hence why this guy is even relevant let alone in Bud Light commercials and halftime shows and sh*t.

He is hands down one of the worst talents I have ever seen.
Mr Worldwide
 6 years ago '04        #55
whiskey787 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,148 | Props total: 5 5
 justinjones said:
at least he is honest about it
same thing i was about to say
 04-26-2012, 05:28 PM         #56
thakid96731 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rap just isnt rap anymore

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #57
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
me and my homeboy were just talkin about the same sh*t yesterday... It's like the more talented artists are lazy as sh*t and just expect sh*t to happen. While the less talented know they gotta make up for it and go 10x's harder... and actually end up bein the ones that make it.
i.e mike jones, soulja boy, kreayshawn, ect.

Some of these "real hiphop" fans need to be blaming their favorite rappers for not grindin as hard as the ones they hate on.
GET ----THE---fu*k---OUTTA----HERE----WIT-----KREAYSHAWN

I'll give you mike jone's even Soulja BUT kreayshawn aint grind sh*t! she didn't even know song structure or how to write her own sh*t in the beginning smh, I do this music sh*t I can't speak for every "dope/lyrical/nice" rapper but i can shed some light on the subject. Its true some spitter are arrogant and expect their skills to open doors for them I too suffered from this 6 or 7 years ago but that aint the case for everyone the truth is unless you got alot of money to invest in your branding or you got somebody on the inside to vouch for you its hard to step to a label period especially if you going against the grain content wise I've had A&R's and radio Dj's alike tell me to dumb down even blogs be on that funny acting sh*t if you a "nice". theres Nice cats that work just as hard as the people that are popular that cant get a fair shot because of the corporate itnerest tht run this sh*t look at slaughterhouse them n*ggas been grinding for year and all had seperate deals that didn't quite work out and are just now getting their shine where's kreayshawn drop one song and the keys to the kingdom is opened to her because she fits a certain formula...
 6 years ago '04        #58
jtt11219 
space
space
space
$805 | Props total: 0 0
nice post
 6 years ago '10        #59
marx1684 
space
space
$4,836 | Props total: 4977 4977
 Damagegadget said:
90% marketing and manipulation..your favorite trap rapper sucks in other words..they have misled you to believe it is "good" music
A lot of guys need trap music b/c it helps validate their bravado. The ones that are doing it are slowly helping to water down the whole tough guy image. Justin Bieber has flags in his back pocket now & Rick Ross may be a good rapper but we know his history. Being out on the block will always be a way to make money but it will also always be one that leaves your family at risk of loosing their primary means of support, possibly paying to get you out, w/o a pension plan or any other benefits that a regular job would provide. Keep on trappin tho trappers. It's a good look....
 6 years ago '11        #60
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
I'll never hate on dat cubano, 305 representa
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
37 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy