NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #21
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
 Ant McQueen said:
Props to Pitbull for re-shaping his career and getting to where he is. He didn't like the way thing were going so he took control. That's an awesome thing.

A friend and I were having a conversation about how the " more talented " artists (not throwing any salt at Pitbull, but in general) don't market and make things happen for themselves like the " less talented " artists do. These guys have their stuff down to a formula. From the way they make their music, their persona, their style of dress, etc. They try to bring some entertainment value along with what they do. It would be cool to see some of the " more talented " artists do the same (but keep their content intact).

Just my opinion.
I don't think marketing has nothing to do with it.

Its all about making music that appeals to a wider audience.

Pitbull switch his whole style up because he makes more money making pop records than rap records.

50 cent, Wayne, Jayz all switched their style up to appeal to a wider audience which means more record sells and more tour money.

It doesn't got sh*t to do with marketing.

Big Kritt is a great artist......Does he market himself wrong? Or is it his music doesn't appeal to the masses.

And he started from the bottom and still underground.
 6 years ago '04        #22
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 marcusaka50 said:

Pitbull switch his whole style up because he makes more money making pop records than rap records.

50 cent, Wayne, Jayz all switched their style up to appeal to a wider audience which means more record sells and more tour money.

Big Kritt is a great artist......Does he market himself wrong? Or is it his music doesn't appeal to the masses.

honestly he could be a little bit bigger than what he is. player's ball is a good enough song to do something decent on the radio but he never pushed that song at all. i don't he is a good example because i think he is cool with what he is right now. its not like he is complaining about anything.
 6 years ago '04        #23
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,741 | Props total: 11515 11515
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
me and my homeboy were just talkin about the same sh*t yesterday... It's like the more talented artists are lazy as sh*t and just expect sh*t to happen. While the less talented know they gotta make up for it and go 10x's harder... and actually end up bein the ones that make it.
i.e mike jones, soulja boy, kreayshawn, ect.

Some of these "real hiphop" fans need to be blaming their favorite rappers for not grindin as hard as the ones they hate on.
Nas is one of the greatest MC's but he was lazy and never could have the hustle of Jay-Z

some could argue nas is more talented, but jay-z knew how to corner the market and hustle the game better.

for example. jay started rocawear and nas was marketing other brands instead of creating his own sh*t.

just playing off the talented dont hustle argument, which obv doesn't prove right for jay, but def for NAS
 6 years ago '10        #24
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,553 | Props total: 5903 5903
 marcusaka50 said:

Indeed.

In KRIT's case maybe he hasn't reached the masses yet. Which can be an issue with promotion. You can't appeal to people who are unfamiliar with you. If he were pushed everywhere and people still didn't fu*k with him then you could say that he doesn't have that mass appeal.
 6 years ago '06        #25
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
 justinjones said:
honestly he could be a little bit bigger than what he is. player's ball is a good enough song to do something decent on the radio but he never pushed that song at all. i don't he is a good example because i think he is cool with what he is right now. its not like he is complaining about anything.
he cool where he is at but he could be on the radio if the labels felt his music was very profitable.

major labels not going to promote a song or an artist if they felt they can't make money off of you.

most songs on the radio now are basically ring tones or popular digital downloaded songs.

most of the artist on the radio are sign to a rap label that has a distribution deal from a major.

its all about money.

if you got money or a label behind you with money you can be promoted no matter if your single or album sells.
 6 years ago '10        #26
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,553 | Props total: 5903 5903
 skillahmang said:
Nas is one of the greatest MC's but he was lazy and never could have the hustle of Jay-Z

some could argue nas is more talented, but jay-z knew how to corner the market and hustle the game better.

for example. jay started rocawear and nas was marketing other brands instead of creating his own sh*t.

just playing off the talented dont hustle argument, which obv doesn't prove right for jay, but def for NAS
According to Steve Stoute, Nas was never a lazy dude. He just wanted to be an artist. That's all he ever wanted to be. All of the extra things that guys like Puff, Jay, 50, etc get into never really interested Nas like that. He said that Nas passed on a lot of great opportunities while he (Steve Stoute) was managing Nas because he didn't really want the attention.

I think we've gotten so used to seeing so many artists become (or try to become) moguls, bosses, or whatever you wanna call it that... that's how we gauge their success a lot of the times. We don't think about their aspirations and we just compare them to others that have achieved success.

Last edited by Ant McQueen; 04-26-2012 at 12:53 PM..
 04-26-2012, 01:58 PM         #27
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k what pitbull is saying. he's a sellout plain and simple. he used to be rappin like he was gangster, then he just went super pop and it worked out for him because the RICH KIDS that buy that corny pop sh*t he puts out dont know any better. THEY BUY HIS IMAGE NOT HIS MUSIC.

the f!ght is fixed you dumbfu*ks.
 6 years ago '05        #28
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,308 | Props total: 6442 6442
& yall expect me to go to his free concert in Seattle? fu*k that n*gga.. even on my birthday.. better be lucky women are dumb and will show up..
 6 years ago '05        #29
mikesaimname 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,645 | Props total: 201 201
all of ymcmb proved him right...
 04-26-2012, 02:21 PM         #30
thakid96731 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5_star_smitty said:
3 deleted posts & u still can't get it right
[pic - click to view]

can you please to me how?
 6 years ago '06        #31
RayG210 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,596 | Props total: 256 256
 thakid96731 said:
can you please to me how?
just wrap the full url to your image in [img] tags or click the image button on the editor.

Ex. ["img]http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/0_rofl.gif[/img"] (minus the quotes)

To get the full image right click on the image u want, and click Open Image in New Tab, View Image, or Copy Image URL.
 04-26-2012, 02:55 PM         #32
JohnDoe B1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:

[pic - click to view]

04-26-2012, 02:56 PM         #33
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Go figure when your mentor is lil john.

anyways, pitbull is what's wrong with the music industry. He doesn't make songs instead he creates jingles for commercials and they package it to us as "music".

Music is an art. People like this dirtbag have ruined the art. I would appreciate if he called up iTunes and told them to change him from a music artist for advertising agency.

I'll probably get all the hate but sh*t needed to be said in this thread.
 6 years ago '10        #34
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
me and my homeboy were just talkin about the same sh*t yesterday... It's like the more talented artists are lazy as sh*t and just expect sh*t to happen. While the less talented know they gotta make up for it and go 10x's harder... and actually end up bein the ones that make it.
i.e mike jones, soulja boy, kreayshawn, ect.

Some of these "real hiphop" fans need to be blaming their favorite rappers for not grindin as hard as the ones they hate on.
:cough: jay electronica :cough:
 6 years ago '11        #35
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,933 | Props total: 366 366
 Ratty Tat Tat said:
Hence why this guy is even relevant let alone in Bud Light commercials and halftime shows and sh*t.

He is hands down one of the worst talents I have ever seen.
I concur, Pitbull and FloRida are like the worst. They sold out to go POP and make catchy no talent needed, producer/bass drum driven house track that white America seems to gobble up as of late.
 6 years ago '11        #36
Blokka Blokka 4 heat pts
space
space
$485 | Props total: 312 312
 Damagegadget said:
90% marketing and manipulation..your favorite trap rapper sucks in other words..they have misled you to believe it is "good" music
there is no "good" music. its all subjective
 6 years ago '10        #37
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
pitbull is an oppurtunist...
money make the world go round...
some of yall purist (great word by the way) need to get over it
Jay-Z aint really that hot but the machine has told you he is.
 04-26-2012, 03:32 PM         #38
chitilla23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sorry but this is completely true - and 90% of music coming out right now sucks because of it.
 04-26-2012, 03:59 PM         #39
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's why the rules of the underground clearly states to reject the mainstream.

Clearly, people with no talent succeed in this World.
 6 years ago '05        #40
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,960 | Props total: 10884 10884
I fu*k with some of pitbulls club music cause he do be havin the clubs jumpin though. Plus he's got endorsements from Dr. Pepper and Bud Light dude is gettin money rather you like it or not.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
216 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
96 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy