Apr 25 - George Zimmerman's black roots: great-grandfather was 'Afro-Peruvian'

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-27-2012, 08:52 AM         #81
Bullygohard1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MPLSallstar said:
And my mother is White and it doesn't change sh*t.

fu*k that n*gga
this
 6 years ago '06        #82
hollyfield420 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$3,365 | Props total: 374 374
 lifeundthescope said:
:CLAP: :CLAP:

Also peep this brother, I posted this as a thread a day or so ago:

When Stand your ground fails

[pic - click to view]

As the shooting death of Trayvon Martin and the failure of authorities to arrest his k!ller, George Zimmerman, continues to grab headlines, many conservatives and gun rights advocates insist that race has nothing to do with it. Some have also rallied to the defense of Florida’s “stand your ground” law, the self-defense legislation under which Zimmerman was able to avoid arrest. Yet not all stand your ground claims are so successful. Not too far from Sanford, Fla., a black man named John McNeil is serving a life sentence for shooting Brian Epp, a white man who trespassed and attacked him at his home in Georgia, another stand your ground state.

It all began in early 2005, when McNeil and his wife, Anita, hired Brian Epp’s construction company to build a new house in Cobb County, Ga. The McNeils testified that Epp was difficult to work with, which led to heated confrontations. They eventually decided to close on the house early to rid their lives of Epp, whom they found increasingly threatening. At the closing, both parties agreed that Epp would have 10 days to complete the work, after which he would stay away from the property, but he failed to keep up his end of the bargain.

On Dec. 6, 2005, John McNeil’s 15-year-old son, La’Ron, notified his dad over the phone that a man he didn’t recognize was lurking in the backyard. When La’Ron told the man to leave, an argument broke out. McNeil was still on the phone and immediately recognized Epp’s voice. According to La’Ron’s testimony, Epp pointed a folding utility knife at La’Ron’s face and said, “[w]hy don’t you make me leave?” at which point McNeil told his son to go inside and wait while he called 911 and headed home.

According to McNeil’s testimony, when he pulled up to his house, Epp was next door grabbing something from his truck and stuffing it in his pocket. McNeil quickly grabbed his gun from the glove compartment in plain view of Epp who was coming at him “fast.” McNeil jumped out of the car and fired a warning shot at the ground insisting that Epp back off. Instead of retreating, Epp charged at McNeil while reaching for his pocket, so McNeil fired again, this time fatally striking Epp in the head. (Epp was found to have a folding knife in his pocket, although it was shut.)

The McNeils weren’t the only ones who felt threatened by Epp. David Samson and Libby Jones, a white couple who hired Epp to build their home in 2004, testified that they carried a gun as a “precaution” around Epp because of his threatening behavior. According to Jones, Epp nearly hit her when she expressed dissatisfaction with his work at a weekly meeting. The couple even had a lawyer write a letter warning Epp to stay away from their property. Samson testified that after they fired him, Epp would park his car across the street and watch their house, saying “it got to the point where my wife and I were in total fear of this man.”

After a neighbor across the street who witnessed the encounter corroborated McNeil’s account, police determined that it was a case of self-defense and did not charge him in the death. Nevertheless, almost a year later Cobb County District Attorney Patrick Head decided to prosecute McNeil for murder. In 2006, he was convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

McNeil’s attorney Mark Yurachek told Salon that “DAs throughout the country enjoy that kind of flexibility of deciding who to prosecute, but it’s curious that he took a year to do it.” While he said there’s no way to know what swayed the DA to prosecute, Yurachek revealed that letters, which he obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, were written to the DA’s office demanding that McNeil be charged. “They were mostly emails from people cajoling prosecutors to investigate,” says Yurachek. “One was from Epp’s widow. Others were written anonymously.”

In 2008, McNeil appealed his case to the Georgia Supreme Court with all but one of the seven justices upholding his conviction. The sole dissent came from Chief Justice Leah Ward Sears who argued, “the State failed to disprove John McNeil’s claim of self-defense beyond a reasonable doubt.” She went on to write:

Even viewed in the light most favorable to the verdict, the evidence was overwhelming in showing that a reasonable person in McNeil’s shoes would have believed that he was subject to an imminent physical attack by an aggressor possessing a knife and that it was necessary to use deadly force to protect himself from serious bodily injury or a forcible felony. Under the facts of this case, it would be unreasonable to require McNeil to wait until Epp succeeded in attacking him, thereby potentially disarming him, getting control of the gun, or stabbing him before he could legally employ deadly force to defend himself. This is not what Georgia law requires.

As a leading gun rights state, Georgia has both a stand your ground law that permits citizens to use deadly force “only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury,” as well as a Castle Doctrine law, which justifies the use of deadly force in defense of one’s home.

Thus far, gun rights advocates such as the NRA and former Cobb County congressional Rep. Newt Gingrich have been silent on McNeil’s conviction, though it’s unclear whether they are aware of the case. The NRA did not immediately return a call seeking comment. Still, Rev. William Barber, president of the North Carolina NAACP State Conference, argues, “The NRA would be screaming about the injustice of his conviction if John had been white and shot a black a.ssailant that came at him on his property armed with a knife.” (McNeil grew up in North Carolina, where the local NAACP chapter, led by Barber, was the first to pick up on his case in Georgia.)

Barber was clear that the NAACP remains firmly against stand your ground laws because “they give cover to those who may engage in racial profiling and racialized violence,” adding that “There is a history and legacy of discriminatory application of the law” that continues to this day. “African-Americans are caught in curious position. On one hand, we f!ght against stand your ground laws, but once the laws are on the books they aren’t applied to us.”

Civil rights activist Markel Hutchins agrees and has filed a federal lawsuit challenging Georgia’s stand your ground law because the law is not applied equally to African-Americans. He accuses the courts of accepting “the race of a victim as evidence to establish the reasonableness of an individual’s fear in cases of justifiable homicide.”

Meanwhile, Barber argues that McNeil’s treatment stands in stark contrast to that of George Zimmerman, who has been afforded the benefit of the doubt despite his victim being unarmed. “America’s always had a difficult issue dealing with race, so rather than face it when it’s exposed, the tendency by some is to try and dismiss it. But the reality is you do not see this kind of miscarriage of justice when it comes to whites.” He adds, “John’s whole life has been taken away from him. His wife is very ill with cancer and she has lost a husband, his sons have lost a father and society has lost a man that was contributing to his community.”

[pic - click to view]

But yeah, lets swept the race aspect of this situation under the rug.
 6 years ago '06        #83
hollyfield420 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$3,365 | Props total: 374 374
 Lou Pena said:
If someone was bashing your head in the ground i guess you would just let it continue to happen smh
should've never approached him then
 6 years ago '04        #84
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,781 | Props total: 17145 17145
lol @ Afro-Peruvian
 6 years ago '04        #85
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,781 | Props total: 17145 17145
 Lou Pena said:
Yea that makes sense i guess if you approach someone your asking to get your head bashed in... Smh
It makes perfect sense...Someone appproaches you with a gun you only have 2 choices..Run or proceed on fu*king him up
 04-27-2012, 11:15 AM         #86
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lou Pena said:
If someone was bashing your head in the ground i guess you would just let it continue to happen smh
Didnt you say some sh*t like monkeys in the zoo in that other thread right? Ma'fuhkas on a god damn Hip Hop msg board coming outa pocket. Kinda backwards a.ss sh*t??? lol

[video - click to view]

Last edited by ManWithoutFear!; 04-27-2012 at 11:19 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #87
KnightOfTears 14 heat pts14
space
space
$3,656 | Props total: 489 489
fu*k what his roots are, he k!lled a kid. The race card was an instant because that's how it always is with sh*t like this and these media fu*kwads just throw sh*t out to get viewers. Just because he has black roots doesn't mean he wouldn't k!ll a black person based on race. Black on black crime happens daily, so having black roots is irrelevant to the real charge at hand. His defense is barely keeping their head above water so they feel this will change a damn thing? Racially motivated or not, he k!lled a fu*king 17 year old kid, bottom line. No matter what they present about his past, it doesn't change what he DID.
 6 years ago '07        #88
Avon_Barksdale 4341 heat pts4341
space
space
$42,398 | Props total: 55744 55744
I really don't give a fu*k....
 6 years ago '04        #89
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
 April Moon said:
Clear case of the pot calling the kettle black. lol Are we really turning this around now? The only ones who brought up race at first were the Trayvon supporters and the media who were eager to start a race war, and now there's absolutely no reason at all to believe race was a factor. At least not in the k!lling of Trayvon.

No one made it a race war, what Trayvon's supporters like myself are saying is had this been someone white shot and k!lled by a black person they would have been arrested, etc etc,...trayvon's family only wanted the man who k!lled their son to be arrested and have his day in court, not some obvious cover up as self defense a pat on the back, and allowing zimmerman to go home...

people are quick to call out sharpton but when he talks, shyts happen, i know if this was my nephew that was k!lled in the same instance as trayvon, i'd want him on my side, because i'd know that something would be done and my family could have closure...

and irregardless of what you think race PLAYED a major factor in the k!lling of Trayvon, had that been a white kid, walking in the rain zimmerman would have not paid him any attention...the kid was profiled
 6 years ago '04        #90
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
NO fu*kS WERE GIVEN!!!
 6 years ago '08        #91
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,933 | Props total: 686 686
everyones roots are traced back to africa, so whats the point?
 6 years ago '05        #92
C. Wat 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,972 | Props total: 999 999
sooo, this article is supposed to paint him as a "protector?"

nah, no reason for him to go rambo on a resident... his past doesnt change that...
 6 years ago '10        #93
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,863 | Props total: 13637 13637
 gh3tto said:
I dont want to defend zimmerman ...but he wasnt convicted of either of those scrimes o your #2 is bullsh1t. Its not the smartest idea to call the cops when you have bad intentions but I suppose its possible zimmerman is stupid.

I think he summarizes it pretty well that kony 2.0 i.e. Trayvon is media manufactured hate and you bought it..

HIS DADDY WAS A JUDGE, THATS WHY.

Lou Pena said:
He had a gun an stalked Trayvon. If Trayvon was still alive to tell............
Damn......Hitlerman k!lled the witness

gh3tto said:
Why would you use this story as an example of preferential treatment when this happened BEFORE this was a law ?
PURE IGNORANCE

To me from the story it seems he was right to defend himself but he lost his appeal at the Georgia Supreme Court. That lets you know this story is probably bullsh1t.

He should be free right now, whether it was before the bill was passed or not.

hollyfield420 said:
should've never approached him then

/thread

SiqkWidaPen said:
No one made it a race war, what Trayvon's supporters like myself are saying is had this been someone white shot and k!lled by a black person they would have been arrested, etc etc,...trayvon's family only wanted the man who k!lled their son to be arrested and have his day in court, not some obvious cover up as self defense a pat on the back, and allowing zimmerman to go home...

people are quick to call out sharpton but when he talks, shyts happen, i know if this was my nephew that was k!lled in the same instance as trayvon, i'd want him on my side, because i'd know that something would be done and my family could have closure...

and irregardless of what you think race PLAYED a major factor in the k!lling of Trayvon, had that been a white kid, walking in the rain zimmerman would have not paid him any attention...the kid was profiled
Everybody knows that if gz hunted, shot, and k!lled a white boy in a hoodie armed with skittle rounds and iced tea, he would be in jail and be subdued to the proper punishment and more, whether those in delusion wanna be real with themsleves and admit that is a different story. Take the race aspect out and he still murdered an unarmed teen. He should pay accordingly wit his life. If ppl would imagine Trayvon as their son, little brother, and cousin gz would be under the jail, but since Trayvon is just another dead n*gga............
 6 years ago '05        #94
C. Wat 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 Lou Pena said:
If black kids have been caught stealing and robbing houses in the development and even black people that live there have been robbed by black kids, and you have helped them... So you see a black kid that never has been in the area put 2 and 2 together
..sounds like profiling to me...

"Hey... its a black kid that i havent seen around here before... i bet hes casing the place!"

...see what i mean?

This only reinforces the notion that its NOT SAFE TO a.ssUME! He a.ssumed TM was a "stranger" ...assumed he was casing or doing something sinister, and a.ssumed he had something dangerous in his hands...

*edit: typos
 6 years ago '10        #95
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,863 | Props total: 13637 13637
 Lou Pena said:
Its common sense simple as that... He didnt attack martin he was attacked by martin ? I dont get the problem here once again if someone attacks you and has you on the ground bashing your head i guess you just say ok no big deal
You're not a witness. Stop it. Neither of us know who atacked whom.
 6 years ago '06        #96
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,685 | Props total: 927 927
he shot an unarmed 17 yr old after he was told not to follow the kid, news is such bullsh*t nowadays, fu*kin propaganda
 6 years ago '05        #97
C. Wat 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 King856 said:
maybe he was casing the place? everyone is innocent and sweet after they're dead
did you not read the part about NOT a.ssUMING

...and what did your dumb a.ss go right on ahead and do??

lawd save em...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago