most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
160 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #161
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
 Saintaholic said:
I had 14 on my list........s**t was on point, but like I said Im not hatin' its a good move. IMO those guys on that list are more complete corners than Asante right now. Tackling, ball skills, man coverage skills, zone coverage skills etc all factor into that.
You got Greer on there even though he was one of the league"s worst tackling DBs though

He has 9 career INTs so his ball skills ain't better either...you gonna tell me he locks his man down?

And both Aso and Revis are man up, bump and run corners...they can't play zone...does that take away from their skill as corners? I don't even get where ya thinking dude can't play man, he doesn't bump and run but neither does Grimes. What he does he does well and he's done it well in 3 systems. He's easily a top10 corner, but that says more about the state of corners than him
 6 years ago '04        #162
JacmanPones 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,153 | Props total: 598 598
 SoFresh170 said:
7th round pick
f*ck that...

your avy tho
 6 years ago '05        #163
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 wjcorner said:
You got Greer on there even though he was one of the league"s worst tackling DBs though

He has 9 career INTs so his ball skills ain't better either...you gonna tell me he locks his man down?

And both Aso and Revis are man up, bump and run corners...they can't play zone...does that take away from their skill as corners? I don't even get where ya thinking dude can't play man, he doesn't bump and run but neither does Grimes. What he does he does well and he's done it well in 3 systems. He's easily a top10 corner, but that says more about the state of corners than him
He was never starter until he came here in '09 and I agree Greer is not a good tackler but he still had 70 tackles to Asante's 34 tackles last even with missing 16 tackles. Its not all about Ints look at passes defensed too which Greer is near the top and comp% against while being the most targeted. Lets not get caught up in Ints bc if thats the case Kyle Arrington is top 10 too even though he gave up 800 yards in catches, which was one of the worst. Lets be real Asante is a gambler who will guess right sometimes which leads to Ints, he gets beat too all corners do.
 6 years ago '11        #164
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Saintaholic said:
He was never starter until he came here in '09 and I agree Greer is not a good tackler but he still had 70 tackles to Asante's 34 tackles last even with missing 16 tackles. Its not all about Ints look at passes defensed too which Greer is near the top and comp% against while being the most targeted. Lets not get caught up in Ints bc if thats the case Kyle Arrington is top 10 too even though he gave up 800 yards in catches, which was one of the worst. Lets be real Asante is a gambler who will guess right sometimes which leads to Ints, he gets beat too all corners do.
Are you trying to argue ball skills ain't determined by INTs?

And let's not talk INTs then...let's look at the fact his yard per pass was 3rd best in the NFL, his YAC allowed was 2nd...or how in 2010 QBs had a rating of 31.7 when throwing at him...or maybe their 46 completion % against him, 2nd to Revis would be a better determining factor?

I don't even like the guy...he's a pus*y to me, but ya hating on him right now, I've never questioned his skill
 6 years ago '05        #165
space
space
 wjcorner said:
Are you trying to argue ball skills ain't determined by INTs?
And let's not talk INTs then...let's look at the fact his yard per pass was 3rd best in the NFL, his YAC allowed was 2nd...or how in 2010 QBs had a rating of 31.7 when throwing at him...or maybe their 46 completion % against him, 2nd to Revis would be a better determining factor?

I don't even like the guy...he's a pus*y to me, but ya hating on him right now, I've never questioned his skill
Im not hatin on dude like I said its a good move but IMO his best days are behind him. Philly has been tryin to move him since before ast year and when they first got him I didnt think he was worth 50+ mill then. He's a good corner he'll make plays and give up some too bc of his gambling mentality.

Ints dont automatically equal ball skills, but in Asante's case yes he's great at jumping routes. Some Ints happen bc of tipped balls and playing zone catching overthrows that doesnt take skill. Ball skills are the ones where out routes are jumped, slants are jumped whether intercepted or not, or the corner outplays the WR for the ball while its in the air. When you say ball skills its how the corner reacts and plays the ball not if he intercepts it. Passes defensed means the corner has ball skills, you shouldnt just measure it on Ints thats all Im sayin'.

/rant

Last edited by Saintaholic; 04-26-2012 at 02:32 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #166
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Saintaholic said:
Im not hatin on dude like I said its a good move but IMO his best days are behind him. Philly has been tryin to move him since lbefore ast year and when they first got him I didnt think he was worth 50+ mill then. He's a good corner he'll make plays and give up some too bc of his gambling mentality.

Ints dont automatically equal ball skills, but in Asante's case yes he's great at jumping routes. Some Ints happen bc of tipped balls and playing zone catching overthrows that doesnt take skill. Ball skills are the ones where out routes are jumped, slants are jumped whether intercepted or not, or the corner outplays the WR for the ball while its in the air. When you say ball skills its how the corner reacts and plays the ball not if he intercepts it. Passes defensed means the corner has ball skills, you should just measure it on Ints thats all Im sayin'.

/rant
And all I'm saying is he's a top 10 corner and easily better than Greer his yards per pass is better, opposing QB rating is worst, INTs are better, targets are lower(even with 2 pro bowlers at corner playing with him), his YAC is lower, Greer can't tackle either, completion percentage is worst...how you figure he's not a top 10 corner when he's top 5 in all of those aspects accept completion percentage, where he's top 10?
 6 years ago '05        #167
space
space
 wjcorner said:
And all I'm saying is he's a top 10 corner and easily better than Greer his yards per pass is better, opposing QB rating is worst, INTs are better, targets are lower(even with 2 pro bowlers at corner playing with him), his YAC is lower, Greer can't tackle either, completion percentage is worst...how you figure he's not a top 10 corner when he's top 5 in all of those aspects accept completion percentage, where he's top 10?

Stats are misleading sometimes homie.........there is alot that factors into those numbers you threw up there. Revis does it in your face style and covers #1 WRs all game man to man......thats what makes his much more impressive. Keep in mind GWs scheme was heavy blitz and alot of zero coverage, you'll lose battles. Asante is an off corner/zone corner who stays on one side of the field.......factor all of that into your argument too.
 6 years ago '11        #168
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Saintaholic said:
Stats are misleading sometimes homie.........there is alot that factors into those numbers you threw up there. Revis does it in your face style and covers #1 WRs all game man to man......thats what makes his much more impressive. Keep in mind GWs scheme was heavy blitz and alot of zero coverage, you'll lose battles. Asante is an off corner/zone corner who stays on one side of the field.......factor all of that into your argument too.
and? I never understood that argument to downplay a corner, its a defensive philosophy that's been used since the 80s. You keep your best corner on one side of the field and put double teams and bracket coverage on the other. Your best corner can hold whoever is on his side with little help and you can cover the other side with your complete defense. That doesn't say anything bad about the corner...deion played the right side of the field majority of his career. And Asante played when JJ was the Eagles d-coordinator and STILL excelled, so the blitzing argument is null. Also, I never compared Asante to Revis...i said he's top 10 and easily better than Greer.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy