Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
82 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
258 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #141
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Illstreet said:
Three Things...

1. The Falcons Won in this deal... Not debateable.

2. Asante >>>>>>>>>>> DRC

3. Corey Webster >>>>>>> Asante
im sure eli isnt going to miss him
 6 years ago '04        #142
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,447 | Props total: 6039 6039
saints hatin in here i see i knew it wouldnt be long till they brought they crawfish smellin a.sses in here
 6 years ago '04        #143
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Now I see why Denver pulled out of the deal. 3 year 18.5 mil is still a lot for him.
 04-25-2012, 09:22 PM         #144
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
im sure eli isnt going to miss him
You can say that again...
 6 years ago '04        #145
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,447 | Props total: 6039 6039
from the eagles message board

"This is a horrible move. The best CB on our team to a playoff contender."

'I'll be sad to see him go. People are saying that he's lost a step, I disagree. 2010 and 2011 were the best years of his career, and were truly elite. Everybody said when Nnamdi got here, people would start throwing at Asante. Well they didn't, they threw at Nnamdi instead. I just hope DRC can step up."

"I for one will hate to see him go. I thought he was a terrific CB, better than Nnamdi last year."

"Wish he was going to the AFC."
 6 years ago '09        #146
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
from the eagles message board

"This is a horrible move. The best CB on our team to a playoff contender."

'I'll be sad to see him go. People are saying that he's lost a step, I disagree. 2010 and 2011 were the best years of his career, and were truly elite. Everybody said when Nnamdi got here, people would start throwing at Asante. Well they didn't, they threw at Nnamdi instead. I just hope DRC can step up."

"I for one will hate to see him go. I thought he was a terrific CB, better than Nnamdi last year."

"Wish he was going to the AFC."
but but but addition by subtraction

Falcons won
 6 years ago '05        #147
space
space
 CutKidd21 said:

Falcons won
no one said the falcons are getting a bum. but he wasnt in OUR PLANS and hasnt been since last year (by his own admission)

so yes...addition by subtraction
 6 years ago '05        #148
space
space
 CutKidd21 said:

Falcons won
there were other responses too you know like...

here is the proof you need....face it, he isnt worth that much. nothing to do with what he said about the FO. no matter what his criticism was, if AR could have gotten a 2nd or 3rd, he would have. he couldnt cuz the dude aint worth it. if samuel could have signed a mega 10million a year contract, he would have. he couldnt cuz the dude aint worth it

"Samuel, who was slated to earn $21.4 million in the final two years, gets an additional year on his contract but the deal maxes out at $18.5 million."

instead of 2 years at almost 11million per...he gets about 6million per and he likely wont see even all of that

his gambling for INTs hurts the entire defense. not to mention his refusal to tackle, switch sides or play press

i know it will be really, really, really hard to make up for all the INTs he gave us last year....we just have to hope that we can get both of them from like a DT or something
You people crack me up. He's gone because he criticized the front office? Really?

How bout:

He's gone because he's a free lancing fraud who refused to play within the scheme since he got here. That was tolerable while he was getting buckets of INTs, but those stopped happening. For every INT he got us, he gave up 2 TDs by giving a 10 yard cushion on x and goal from the 5.

Good riddance.

And the poor compensation was based on the fact that everyone and their uncle knew nobody (especially not the iggles) was going to pay him 10 mil this year and 11 mil next.

We're lucky to get a 6th for him because he was gonna get released outright if nobody ponied up a token offer for him.
there's always a ying to the yang
 6 years ago '04        #149
glennrobinson31 
space
space
space
$893 | Props total: 2 2
 StateProperty88 said:
they gave up a throwaway pick because we didnt want him, we gave him away. like i said addition by subtraction. no there is nothing to "get over"

Pretty much. We traded him because Aso and DRC's strength is press man coverage, Asante is better suited for Zone. If Jim Johnson was alive and DC, he would of made it work because he could run a hybrid scheme, Juan is still learning the guy was a offensive line coach and they stick him in as a DC. But in the end, it still came down to salary and the style of D they are running now. DRC is younger and a free agent after this year, it basically had to happen. You couldnt have all 3 start, DRC isnt a nickel back. Your wasting your time arguing with this clown.
 6 years ago '09        #150
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
Thats a lot of loot for somebody that looks like he's playing flag football on sundays just saying
 6 years ago '07        #151
CA$H 
space
space
$731 | Props total: 357 357
 Con-Con said:
TBH I loved Asante as an Eagles, still a Top CB in this league. One of the best ballhawks in the game.

That being said, he's 31, has been known to get beat by double moves from times to time, can't form tackle worth a damn and when he does lay a big hit(i.e. the hit on Hagan) more than likely a flag is getting called for using the helmet. He's an off-cover corner no matter what he thinks and in this new scheme we need guys that can press. Nnamdi and DMC are perfect for that. Asante, not so much. Plus by getting rid of him we open up more cap to extend both Shady and Maclin

Not trying to belittle him in the event of him leaving but just telling y'all why the Eagles probably did this. Good move for Falcons. Necessity for us.
Everything this man said. Its a win/win for both teams. We get cap and Atlanta gets Sante for a pretty nice price. sh*t we probably would have ended up cutting him anyway. Plus i wanna see what we have in DRC. Him and Nnamdi excel in press coverage and with the wide 9 we need tight man coverage out there. Sante will always be a fan favorite in Philly but it was time to part ways, n*ggas jobs in on the line this season.
 6 years ago '05        #152
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
makes the Falcons-Eagles game even more interesting
 6 years ago '10        #153
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,304 | Props total: 1960 1960
7th round pick
 6 years ago '09        #154
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 K1Entertainment said:
Now I see why Denver pulled out of the deal. 3 year 18.5 mil is still a lot for him.
3 years 14.5 mil to be exact
 6 years ago '11        #155
ricengravy 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,295 | Props total: 1691 1691
 PoetikTrev said:
Asante Samuel is a decent zone corner but he sucks donkey d!ck in man coverage....he was overrated....
he was a great man corner
 6 years ago '05        #156
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
Dont matter anyway he gon get tourched in at least two games this season............we not f**kin with Grimes though only Dunta and Asante.
 6 years ago '11        #157
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 6 years ago '11        #158
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
I don't even like Asante like that but these top 10 lists looks horrendous
 6 years ago '05        #159
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 wjcorner said:
I don't even like Asante like that but these top 10 lists looks horrendous
I had 14 on my list........s**t was on point, but like I said Im not hatin' its a good move. IMO those guys on that list are more complete corners than Asante right now. Tackling, ball skills, man coverage skills, zone coverage skills etc all factor into that.
 04-26-2012, 11:01 AM         #160
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sounds like an L for philly on the trade, but he probably would've tripped in the locker room seeing as he's still the 3 cornerback; but didnt have still have the most picks of all the corners? lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
127 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy