LeBron James: ‘This is a No-Excuse Season for Me’

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
162 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
6657 pageviews
162 comments

Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,845 | Props total: 30037 30037
LeBron James: ‘This is a No-Excuse Season for Me’

This week’s issue of SI features a terrific piece on LeBron James as he edges towards a third MVP award, and yet another pressure-packed trip to the Playoffs. Here’s an excerpt: “Tranquil moments are few in the chaotic life of LeBron James. He steals them when he can, sitting on his patio in Coconut Grove, Fla., and admiring the waves on Biscayne Bay, biking across Rickenbacker Causeway with friends to Key Biscayne, watching basketball on television and flipping the channel when the announcers utter his name. Forward Shane Battier, in his first year with Miami, sounds as if he could lead a seminar at Duke deconstructing the James phenomenon. ‘He is a global icon, a basket-ball monolith, the most prevalent and recognizable athlete of our generation,’ says Battier. ‘And he’s one of a kind, because he’s the first to rise to prominence in the Information Age, which is why he’s such a fascinating sociological observation. He’s accountable every single day for every single thing, from how he plays to what he tweets to what he says in the pre- and the postgame interviews. He has a camera and a microphone on him wherever he goes, and then when he [goes out to] dinner, there’s a camera phone on him. This is what he signed up for. There is a price to pay. He understands that. But I don’t think a lot of guys could handle it.’ James isn’t just coping, he is completing one of the finest all-around seasons in the NBA’s modern era. At week’s end he was averaging 27.1 points with 7.9 rebounds and 6.2 a.ssists while shooting 53.1 percent. Larry Bird never shot 53.1 percent. His player efficiency rating of 30.6 leads the league by more than four points, and he is holding opposing small forwards to an anemic efficiency rating of 10.4, according to 82games.com. The 6-foot-8 James is the Heat’s best ball handler, passer and post scorer, but he also covers everyone from point guards to centers, sometimes in the same game. ‘We are asking him to play at an MVP level,’ says coach Erik Spoelstra, ‘and at a Defensive Player of the Year level.’ James is attempting fewer three-pointers than ever while making them at a higher clip (36.2 percent). He is grabbing more rebounds in part because he is spending more time inside. His game log is a litany of near triple doubles. The NBA has not witnessed such a balanced and prolific individual a.ssault since Michael Jordan in 1988–89, two years before his first title. Of course, James did not move to Miami and incur a nation’s wrath so he could enhance his efficiency rating. He went for rings, presumably fistfuls of them. ‘No, not a fistful,’ James says. ‘I don’t need a fistful. But I need one. I need to get one first. I have short goals — to get better every day, to help my teammates every day — but my only ultimate goal is to win an NBA championship. It’s all that matters. I dream about it. I dream about it all the time, how it would look, how it would feel. It would be so amazing.’ As the 27-year-old James leans forward in the booth, the playoffs are two weeks away and still he is logging 35 minutes a night, even though it’s clear the Heat will likely be the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference and many of his peers are resting. “It’s my choice,” James says. ‘I’m looking for opportunities to get better, and if I sit out, I can’t get better. This is a no-excuse season for me. I’ve put everything into this season.’”

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

SLAM ONLINE | » LeBron James: ‘This is a No-Excuse Season for Me’

162 comments for "LeBron James: ‘This is a No-Excuse Season for Me’"

6 years ago '12        #2
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
So was last year
 6 years ago '05        #3
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,104 | Props total: 1538 1538
I wonder what he'll say when a team knocks them out of the playoffs?
 6 years ago '06        #4
droid3000 995 heat pts995
space
space
$26,420 | Props total: 26096 26096
no more talking just get it done
 6 years ago '11        #5
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298

Hope he gets it this year
 6 years ago '05        #6
Deuce Fortitude 178 heat pts178
space
space
$5,846 | Props total: 676 676
knicks will upset the heat, then he'll say he needed more help and the 66-game schedule put too much of a beating on his body

04-25-2012, 11:30 AM         #7
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QualityRecords said:
I wonder what he'll say when a team knocks them out of the playoffs?
he'll tell dwade about the dream he had
 04-25-2012, 11:30 AM         #8
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's just his time. the stars are aligned i kno ppl want durant/melo/rose, etc. to get their rings and all that, but they wanted stockton and malone to get theirs too players bout to take a backseat to lebron's legacy

WITNESS
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #9
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
So what will he do if he fails? suicide?
 04-25-2012, 11:33 AM         #10
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
that's not an option. idk why everyone focuses on the negative............what if he leads his team to 16-0 in the playoffs and is finals mvp? he's been destined for greatness since middle school. not failure.
 6 years ago '11        #11
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 SeaJaiye said:
that's not an option. idk why everyone focuses on the negative............what if he leads his team to 16-0 in the playoffs and is finals mvp? he's been destined for greatness since middle school. not failure.
And that's the problem. Due to his physical gifts, he always thought he was destined for greatness. He doesn't work hard to improve his game. He's been in the league 8 years, there's no reason why he shouldn't have a post game yet. Should have added the fadeaway to his repertoire by now. He's the same player he was when he came into the league. Just a little bit stronger and a little bit faster. There's no growth. Guys like Kobe and Jordan, add something to arsenal every year. Something else you have to defend against. LeBron hasn't added anything to the power dribble freight train move and that's why he will continue to fail.
 04-25-2012, 11:40 AM         #12
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
And that's the problem. Due to his physical gifts, he always thought he was destined for greatness. He doesn't work hard to improve his game. He's been in the league 8 years, there's no reason why he shouldn't have a post game yet. Should have added the fadeaway to his repertoire by now. He's the same player he was when he came into the league. Just a little bit stronger and a little bit faster. There's no growth. Guys like Kobe and Jordan, add something to arsenal every year. Something else you have to defend against. LeBron has added anything to the power dribble freight train move and that's why he will continue to fail.
ur only bringing up offensive moves. when he's in the post, he doesn't even have to look to shoot. he'll draw a double team immediately and he has the skill to kick it out for an easy bucket. kobe can only score to help his team, thats why he had to add different offensive game every year....................

he's the MVP this year so what more do u need him to do? his team's a top 2 seed and he's the pick for the championship this year. obviously his playing style is working..........he's not a one dimensional SG
 6 years ago '11        #13
space
space
 SeaJaiye said:
ur only bringing up offensive moves. when he's in the post, he doesn't even have to look to shoot. he'll draw a double team immediately and he has the skill to kick it out for an easy bucket. kobe can only score to help his team, thats why he had to add different offensive game every year....................

he's the MVP this year so what more do u need him to do? his team's a top 2 seed and he's the pick for the championship this year. obviously his playing style is working..........he's not a one dimensional SG
So what has he added? Using his athletic ability to block ppl on the fast break? LeBron couldn't even post up JJ Barera last year and it cost them the title. What can you point at, on either side of the court, and say you can tell LeBron has obviously worked on that during the offseason? Something that requires skills and not athletic ability? Hell, he still shooting FTs in 70%.

6 years ago '05        #14
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
 Kadillac87 said:
And that's the problem. Due to his physical gifts, he always thought he was destined for greatness. He doesn't work hard to improve his game. He's been in the league 8 years, there's no reason why he shouldn't have a post game yet. Should have added the fadeaway to his repertoire by now. He's the same player he was when he came into the league. Just a little bit stronger and a little bit faster. There's no growth. Guys like Kobe and Jordan, add something to arsenal every year. Something else you have to defend against. LeBron hasn't added anything to the power dribble freight train move and that's why he will continue to fail.
You don't watch much basketball!!!
 6 years ago '07        #15
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 Hovi Bryant said:
I'm crossing my fingers for that
 6 years ago '11        #16
space
space
 A-N-D-1 said:
You don't watch much basketball!!!
So tell me what has he added.
 04-25-2012, 11:50 AM         #17
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
So what has he added? Using his athletic ability to block ppl on the fast break? LeBron couldn't even post up JJ Barera last year and it cost them the title. What can you point at, on either side of the court, and say you can tell LeBron has obviously worked on that during the offseason? Something that requires skills and not athletic ability? Hell, he still shooting FTs in 70%.

if he's the MVP again this year, obviously he didn't need to add much...............he's shooting 53% this year, playing smarter. he's still young, when his athleticism starts to go away (if it does), then he'll work on different things. when he's older, he doesn't need to score to help his team win like jordan/kobe did. he can be a point guard in his 30s
 6 years ago '06        #18
omniscience 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$802 | Props total: 175 175
 Kadillac87 said:

Are you some almighty entity that gets to watch LeBron's movements day in and day out??

How do you know he's not working on his game..ooohhh thats right..you DON'T KNOW how hard he's working on his game..Pssstt..*whispers to this moron* I'll give u a lil secret to prove how he's worked on his game..

since entering the league his efficiency has gone up..

his jumpshot has improved..

He's goes to and is more efficient in the post..

and his fadeaway is one of his marquee moves d!ckweed..

2 x MVP..

The best perimeter defender in the game..

one of the best passing forwards in the hx of the L..

a CAREER AVG of 27,7,7.. (Derrick Roses' MVP #s don't even sniff those..lol)

I can go on and on..but you get my drift right..you can't do all of these things without working on your game you fu*kin nerd..

Class dismissed..
 6 years ago '07        #19
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 omniscience said:
Are you some almighty entity that gets to watch LeBron's movements day in and day out??

How do you know he's not working on his game..ooohhh thats right..you DON'T KNOW how hard he's working on his game..Pssstt..*whispers to this moron* I'll give u a lil secret to prove how he's worked on his game..

since entering the league his efficiency has gone up..

his jumpshot has improved..

He's goes to and is more efficient in the post..

and his fadeaway is one of his marquee moves d!ckweed..

2 x MVP..

The best perimeter defender in the game..

one of the best passing forwards in the hx of the L..

a CAREER AVG of 27,7,7.. (Derrick Roses' MVP #s don't even sniff those..lol)

I can go on and on..but you get my drift right..you can't do all of these things without working on your game you fu*kin nerd..

Class dismissed..
damn Savannah...

I guess you what with him shooting in the gyyyyyyymmmmm
 6 years ago '09        #20
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,391 | Props total: 5095 5095
lebron the goat

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy