Lebron James: I'm back to being the person who can take over games.

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Tom Savage concussion makes clear that NFL's protocol has major issues
11 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
10693 pageviews
154 comments

T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

A year ago, it was all different. LeBron James calls it a transition phase, one where he was wrapped up in figuring out how his game was going to mesh with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami.

The way James sees it, the Heat growing pains are gone. And he hopes that means his annual championship quest will finally be fulfilled.

Driven by last season's loss to Dallas in the NBA finals - a series where he made seven field-goal attempts in 68 fourth-quarter minutes - James and the Heat return to the postseason as the No. 2 seed on the Eastern Conference bracket. Their first-round opponent is still not determined. Their ultimate goal was determined long ago.

"I have to be who I am," James said in an interview with The a.ssociated Press. "Last year was the biggest teacher. The greatest teacher in life is experience. And I had that last year. I'm back to being the person who can take over games.

"I have no problem taking over a game now."

Here's an example: In one recent game, Wade was walking to the bench for a time-out. Halfway there, he was met by James. For the next 45 seconds, James was in his teammate's ear about something. He did all the talking. Wade did all the nodding.

A year ago, such a display probably wouldn't have happened where 20,000 people could see.

"Obviously, last year we kind of got cheated a little bit out of the greatness of LeBron as a vocal leader," Wade said. "He had so much going on, so much in his mind that he was just trying to show everybody with his play and his toughness.

"But this year, especially of late, we've all been getting the vocal player, the intelligent player that LeBron is. His IQ of the game is second to none. So you listen. Especially me."

James' message has not wavered in months. He's finally happy after a year filled with change. He's going to be that take-charge player again. He's more consumed by a championship than ever.

Here come the playoffs, a chance to prove what those words mean.

"I want to win it all, as bad as other guys want to win it - if not more," James said. "That's why I play as hard as I do in the regular season, to build my habits, build our team's habits. I've been bothered by last season a lot. It's constant. I dream about it a lot, winning that trophy and seeing the confetti come down.

"That's why I'm here. I'm here because I wanted to compete for a championship year in and year out."

Game 1 of the opening round will be in Miami sometime this weekend. And even on a team with stars like Wade and Bosh, it will be James who may be facing the highest burden of playoff expectation.

He has been to the finals twice now, first when he and Cleveland were swept by San Antonio, then last year's six-game defeat to Dallas. The loss to the Spurs carried little in the way of stigma. The loss to the Mavericks still gnaws at him.

James shot 7 for 21 in the fourth quarters of those six finals games last season, scoring 18 points and getting widely criticized over the notion that he deferred to teammates too often. Dallas star Dirk Nowitzki shot 18 for 35 in the same periods, scoring 62 points. Nowitzki got his first championship ring. James is still waiting for his.

"We want to win obviously for each other," said Wade, the 2006 NBA finals MVP. "I've won a championship and I want to win as many as I can. But I don't want to see many people win as much as I want to see No. 6 get a championship."

154 comments for "Lebron James: I'm back to being the person who can take over games."

04-25-2012, 10:49 AM         #2
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

good news. cuz lets be real, d wade got out of his robin role last year in the finals and messed up lebron's star player role and they ended up losing the finals.

first 3 series, d wade played his role and got a trip to the finals

this year, d wade look like he took a complete backseat to the king. bad news for the rest of the league
 6 years ago '08        #3
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
 SeaJaiye said:

[pic - click to view]

good news. cuz lets be real, d wade got out of his robin role last year in the finals and messed up lebron's star player role and they ended up losing the finals.

this year, d wade look like he took a complete backseat to the king. bad news for the rest of the league
you might be right
 6 years ago '07        #4
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 SeaJaiye said:

[pic - click to view]

yeah, he really took us out of our element by still taking the same 18 shots per game but making more of them .

that backseat was evident with lebron only definitively outplaying him in 1 of the previous 3 series.

stans like you should have a little more respect for the man charged with legitimizing your hero's career. if he didn't feel that way, he'd still be in cleveland. maybe if you go to his mother's church in chicago and pray, the shooting good will forgive you.
 6 years ago '11        #5
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,556 | Props total: 9460 9460
 T2THEONE said:
you might be right
maybe on the part you bolded, but definitely not on all the other sh*t about wade...

we don't need either of them to take a backseat...we need one to steer and the other to work the pedals...

joshdogg26 said:
yeah, he really took us out of our element by still taking the same 18 shots per game but making more of them .

that backseat was evident with lebron only definitively outplaying him in 1 of the previous 3 series.

stans like you should have a little more respect for the man charged with legitimizing your hero's career. if he didn't feel that way, he'd still be in cleveland. maybe if you go to his mother's church in chicago and pray, the shooting good will forgive you.
not this again...

come on they both needed/wanted to play with each other

lebrons career was legit before, just need them to win a ring together now.
 6 years ago '07        #6
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
seajaiye gonna have a rude awakening after the Heat lose to the Knicks in the first round. His excuse will be "lebron carried them all season and he was tired" or "Wade didnt take over games...trade him". You got too many excuses homey
 6 years ago '04        #7
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,978 | Props total: 11753 11753
 SeaJaiye said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

howd i know this n*gga gon be the first reply
[pic - click to view]

slobbin that bron knob like
[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #8
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,056 | Props total: 4800 4800
 Cambury said:
seajaiye gonna have a rude awakening after the Heat lose to the Knicks in the first round.His excuse will be "lebron carried them all season and he was tired" or "Wade didnt take over games...trade him". You got too many excuses homey
C'mon son.
 04-25-2012, 11:02 AM         #9
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 joshdogg26 said:

i agree wade was playing out of his mind, but lebron's the ultimate team player. he saw d wade on fire and didnt wanna get in his way. but it went too far, lebron wasn't handling the ball as much and they ran too many of those plays where they put him in the corner of the 3pt line as a decoy, etc..........

everything wade been saying this year seems like he knows and accepts what type of player lebron is. he knows bron can control the game and if wade just makes nice cuts to the basket every once in a while, draws some fouls, and then they both attack u in the 4th quarter, they cant be beat.
 04-25-2012, 11:03 AM         #10
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
seajaiye gonna have a rude awakening after the Heat lose to the Knicks in the first round. His excuse will be "lebron carried them all season and he was tired" or "Wade didnt take over games...trade him". You got too many excuses homey
i'll put my account up if u do. lets see who has too many excuses
 6 years ago '04        #11
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 joshdogg26 said:

6 years ago '05        #12
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
i'm glad for Bron but he shouldn't of said this u know media and espn gonna rip and overblow this sh*t like they do everything. Bron can't get a break about anything

they ride this dude like nothing i ever seen i hate it as soon as he wins a ring they will come up with some other excuses to discredit and talk horrible bout the man . they don't do this with other players i wonder why
 6 years ago '07        #13
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 SeaJaiye said:
i'll put my account up if u do. lets see who has too many excuses
when I said I want to take someone out, I didnt mean you...i meant like Dedos or Bully but if you want we can do it. I never disliked you tho.
 6 years ago '07        #14
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

[pic - click to view]

Doubt it
 6 years ago '09        #15
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,392 | Props total: 5096 5096

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #16
ogballer32 400 heat pts400
space
space
$4,979 | Props total: 2537 2537
Starting saturday, it's all about 16 wins. Do what you gotta do Lebron
 6 years ago '06        #17
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,604 | Props total: 8841 8841
He wishes
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #18
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
I can take over a game too, doesn't mean I'm going to be effective.
 6 years ago '07        #19
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 SeaJaiye said:
i agree wade was playing out of his mind, but lebron's the ultimate team player. he saw d wade on fire and didnt wanna get in his way. but it went too far, lebron wasn't handling the ball as much and they ran too many of those plays where they put him in the corner of the 3pt line as a decoy, etc..........

everything wade been saying this year seems like he knows and accepts what type of player lebron is. he knows bron can control the game and if wade just makes nice cuts to the basket every once in a while, draws some fouls, and then they both attack u in the 4th quarter, they cant be beat.
it's not right to blame wade for lebron not performing in the finals. he was literally cursing him out begging him to get involved in the fourth quarter of those games. lebron didn't score 8 points in game 4 or get 20 free throws the entire series because wade made him. and then there's this story from bill simmons:

A friend of mine sat right next to Miami's bench in Dallas during Game 4 of the Finals and told me the following story: If you remember, Dallas called timeout after Miami jumped to a seven-point lead with 10 minutes to play. The series looked like it was over, or headed that way, barring a semi-improbable comeback. Wade had been carrying them for this game and the previous one; now, the table was set for LeBron to bring them home. His teammates knew better than anyone.

Here's how my friend remembers it: "They were excited in the huddle because they knew they were close (to finishing Dallas off). I was right there, I was sitting three feet away from their trainer. LeBron sat down and started chewing his fingers. I remember (assistant coach) Bob McAdoo and a few other bench guys kept coming over, slapping him on the shoulder and saying, 'Come on, Bron, take us home.' And he was just staring into space and chewing his nails. I remember AT THAT MOMENT wondering, 'How would MJ be right now?' I thought for sure LeBron would get fired up and feed off those guys. He looked like he wanted no part of it! So they go back out and Dallas starts coming back. Next timeout, same thing. 'Come on, Bron, take us home.' And he's staring into space and chewing his nails. I could see Wade's face. Remember, Wade played his a.ss off in those Dallas games. Wade had this look on his face like, 'Oh, fu*k me.' That was when I knew Dallas could win. I don't think LeBron has it in him. I will never forget watching that from that close. I feel like I witnessed history and actually felt that way as it was happening."
troll other fanbases all you want and say all the nice things about lebron you can think of, but when you unfairly throw other heat players under the bus, i take exception to that. it was nobody's fault but his that he wasn't an active participant in the finals, and i was disappointed by that. nobody would like him to take over and be dominant more than myself.

6 years ago '07        #20
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 SeaJaiye said:

first off lebron will never be a decoy on the 3pt line becuz he cant hit spot up j's but if Dwade is cutting and lebron is dumping who is really the better player? How come lebron jus cant make shots wide open...i dont understand how you can excuse someone from not performing wide open. They left at 26ppg career avg player basically open and you are blaming someone else for scoring on everyone else.

What about the game in Miami where they kept giving it to Bron to close out and he couldn't do it???? The mavericks basically turned the series in that comeback.
Home      

most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
49 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
209 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
82 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
139 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
190 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
317 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
80 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy