The Secret Meeting That Changed Rap Music And Destroyed A Generation…

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #141
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1
 Damagegadget said:
the brain can be easily programmed to believe its making those decisions... but people who decide to buy a house based on the idea of what home ownership means.. in the grand scheme of the universe...a house do not mean isht... but its a decision you make based on society.. so lets just say sure you can make a decision on your own..but most people live in fear of not fitting in to the status quo..so ultimately their not making their own decision..but rather one given to them by society(culture) ie hip hop culture
i hear what your saying, i slanged and did my dirt not cuz of music cuz i wanted to, but i feel you some people are more easly influence than others and probuly thats who these guys were after....

Last edited by L.A's HiGhEsT; 04-25-2012 at 04:16 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #142
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
 6 years ago '06        #143
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
 ice wolf said:
I’m in a mood right now though where it’s like I truly cannot put this thing down and walk away from it until I make that one album that I told you about, the positive Too Short album. I gotta make it just ‘cause that’s me. It’s in me. And I would feel totally like I missed something if I didn’t do that. Just like I feel like not going to a Black college and marching in the marching band – that was my dream as a child, and not doing it has always bothered me. Always. I wanted to go to Grambling [State University] or somewhere and march and I didn’t do it. So this is another one of those situations.
I always liked Too Short. Kept it 100. I used to march in a black band in high school and that affected a lot of kids lives in the hood. A lot of kids who never had the opportunity to go to college got a scholarship.

On topic, idk if what the dude said was real, but there are a lot of things that affected the music around that time. I believe the record execs saw a new lane and exploited the crap out of it.
 6 years ago '07        #144
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 1124 1124
Very interesting read
 6 years ago '04        #145
slapaho 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,301 | Props total: 2497 2497
i read it.. i mean yea even if its true that music execs are makin money off sellin crime and s3x to the public to keep you in prison for the rest of your life thats fucd up,but that kinda sh*t is everywhere itll never go away..

its always the dummies who ruin it for everybody its like when they did radio shows bac in the day about aliens comin to takeover the world and some people thought the sh*t was actually happening.

cant blame forms of entertainment for your dumb a.ss face tats and not being able to read.
 04-25-2012, 04:34 PM         #146
Meatballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If this meeting did occur then I still think it still holds true to some extent today. The only reason the trends in hip hop seem to more "soft" compared to past music in the partly because of the diversity of people and classes that have infiltrated hip hop. I also think that the music isn't as controlled at the top anymore thanks to the internet. Artist like Krit probably wouldn't have had any airplay when execs had exclusive control in the mid 90's. The internet has kind of help topple this little kabal that had complete control of what they fed the masses during that era.

Hip hop blogs for the music industry was like wiki-leaks for the goverment. Turned sh*t upside down.

People are more informed now than ever before so its not that easy to run the same scheme.

Last edited by Meatballer; 04-25-2012 at 04:41 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #147
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 QuietMoney said:
Fam, you naming non-hip-hop acts, we talking strictly hip-hop acts, which has a direct effect on our youth. I can't speak on NYC, but over here in Illinois, n*ggas are still rocking skinny jeans(not fitted) heavy. Wale and Drake are MAD effeminate, I don't know how you don't see that, both them cats deal with their emotions like bi*ches. Wiz is too to a lesser extent. I love his music, but Kanye is another one. There's Kid Cudi, Big Sean, Tyga, etc. I can keep going. The machine got behind all these cats I just named, but the one artist who is on that hardcore gangsta sh*t ain't being pushed(Gibbs).
The point of naming those acts were they were just as if not more influential than hip hop acts at the time they were popular, and they were 50x more effeminate. And some were white. So, the illuminati is trying to turn every man gay since the 70s?

Wale and Drake are effeminate cause how they deal with their emotions? First off, who are you to say how someone deals with their emotions? And the labels are to blame for that?

Can we please keep the conversation at least a little intelligent?
 6 years ago '06        #148
Wood Grain 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,197 | Props total: 21 21
The illuminati runs this bi*ch!(world) they use everything from the Trayvon martian case..to hip-hop..to medicine to drugs..to food..to water to destroy us... WAKE THE fu*k UP ALREADY!!!!!
 6 years ago '08        #149
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,864 | Props total: 9189 9189
whos fault is it n*ggas love rap? you see how how people on bx worship jays dumb a.ss and kreayshawn
 6 years ago '06        #150
Wood Grain 4 heat pts
space
space
O and to all the ppl saying the Powers that be or the elite or the hidden masters are all white! SHUT THE fu*k UP! you are brain washed yourself if you are FOOLISH enough to think that!

Why is there a secret society in every city every country every region every town in this world! and they are all white...GET THE fu*k OUT OF HERE!!!! Little do you know ages ago..the "DARKER" your skin the "MORE" power you held as a "priest" or initiate to these mystery realigns ..

Im not saying that there are not whites in control! because there are! but if you are ignorant enough to believe that they are the "ONLY" ones.. then you need to do some more reading my friend!!!!!
 6 years ago '04        #151
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,672 | Props total: 5364 5364
Just going to say , good article .....
 6 years ago '04        #152
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
 Officer William said:
the music industry is a dirty place

and to think. . . that frequencies can influence/affect humans
 6 years ago '04        #153
bigjoshi2002 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,047 | Props total: 87 87
 s7venwords said:
Agree, nobody forced people to buy it. But kids are very impressionable and even some adults.
When it concerns making $ and trying to accomplish something, some will go all out.
It's called blaming the victim. Something people have always done when trying to divert attention away from the crime.

Example: "He had a hoodie on."

Factor in advertising, marketing, powerful radio waves, suggestive programing, psychological records, subliminal messages, back masking etc. and it could be argued that people were indeed forced to buy it.
 6 years ago '11        #154
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 vickfan said:
It "makes sense" because if there's one universal human quality, its the desire to think things are more meaningful than they really are

rap music became the way it is because it sold. period. no conspiracy. go outside once in a while
Exactly. Executives saw an upcoming genre/form of music and thought of a way to exploit it and make money off of it. That's all that happened. And it worked. That's what they do. Why? Most likely money was the only motivation. Hip Hop today is so popular, it's practically the music of pop culture. It wasn't like that just six years ago, it was big, but now it's bigger. I hear way more rap on Z100 than I used to. The gangsta, ignorant sh*t sold more than the conscious sh*t cause YOU bought it. Or your fathers and uncles did. If for some reason you were buying conscious hip hop still, and it was selling more, guess what you would've heard on the radio.

I can't say anything about the prison industrial complex and the lengths that they went to to fill them up. Does hip hop glorify the violence and drugs that land us places like that? Yes. Now, why is it glorified? Why do we even tolerate it? Why do you like listening to Ross, 50, Jeezy, TI, etc.? Look deep in yourself and answer that question honestly. You guys, as men, are gonna tell me you did anything bad you ever did in your life, cause Jeezy made it look cool? Cause if you do, the problem is not hip hop, a artist, or a white executive.
 6 years ago '08        #155
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,864 | Props total: 9189 9189
 Wood Grain said:
O and to all the ppl saying the Powers that be or the elite or the hidden masters are all white! SHUT THE fu*k UP! you are brain washed yourself if you are FOOLISH enough to think that!

Why is there a secret society in every city every country every region every town in this world! and they are all white...GET THE fu*k OUT OF HERE!!!! Little do you know ages ago..the "DARKER" your skin the "MORE" power you held as a "priest" or initiate to these mystery realigns ..

Im not saying that there are not whites in control! because there are! but if you are ignorant enough to believe that they are the "ONLY" ones.. then you need to do some more reading my friend!!!!!
I've done my reading and negros aren't privy to any of these meetings.... don't try to come @ me with graftedgene logic.
 04-25-2012, 04:56 PM         #156
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illuminati said:
whos fault is it n*ggas love rap? you see how how people on bx worship jays dumb a.ss and kreayshawn
Get your racist a.ss outta this thread. This was meant to be an adult type convo thread.
 04-25-2012, 04:58 PM         #157
ralph lauren  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ducktales
 6 years ago '11        #158
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 the synthesis said:
I think there is a big difference between wearing clothes that fit you than wearing womens jeans and makeup, which were designed for humans with v*ginas. David Bowie is bi s3xual and Freddie Mercury was also homos3xual. You might be fine with wearing zebra printed leggings or a miniskirt, but the line between man and woman is starting to get blurred in hip hop.
Right, it's an extreme, that's why I brought it up. They dressed like that not because they were bis3xual, but because being androgynous was very very popular at that time. That's why I brought up Rick James. Also, Prince. Prince is not bis3xual. So what does that tell you?

The points I was trying to push by saying that was:

1. You mean to tell me music has been trying to effeminize people since the mid 70s?

2. Isn't it funny how wearing eyeliner, glitter, skin tight leathers, and a.ssless chaps were not seen as a ploy to effeminize black men, but Drake talking about his relationship troubles is? Does that make any type of sense at all?

3. Only black men are being targeted? So why were white artists dressing like that? They were trying to turn everyone who listened to Rock gay? The label executives could've made Bowie or Mercury look anyway they wanted, they chose that. Why? Cause it was androgynous, it was s3xy, it was wild, and women loved it and lost their minds.

You see how solely targeting black men and making them effeminate using Drake, Big Sean (who has a song about fat a.sses) and Wale (which I still don't understand) makes no sense at all? But I won't really go on after this cause who'll see will see, and who won't, just won't.
 6 years ago '06        #159
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,496 | Props total: 14838 14838
Yeah except NWA, Ice-T, Boogie Down Prod./KRS-One popularized gangsta rap in the late 80s, not the 90s... so how can some conspiracy start by making gangsta rap "popular" in the early 90s when that actually happened in the 80s. timeline is way off.
 6 years ago '06        #160
Wood Grain 4 heat pts
space
space
 Illuminati said:
I've done my reading and negros aren't privy to any of these meetings.... don't try to come @ me with graftedgene logic.
im not talking about Negros..negros are not the only "non-white" race...

and i do understand where you are coming from. in the past couple of hundred years ppl have been talking about the aryan race being the elite... but the definition has been twisted to fit the "Agenda" of the western world...same with the "new age" religion practiced by many...but in fact is not new at all..and has existed since the dawn of man.

It is one of the ironies of history that Aryan, a word nowadays referring to the blond-haired, blue-eyed physical ideal of Nazi Germany, originally referred to a people who looked vastly different. Its history starts with the ancient Indo-Iranians, Indo-European peoples who inhabited parts of what are now Iran, Afghanistan, and India.
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
184 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
62 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
114 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy