The Secret Meeting That Changed Rap Music And Destroyed A Generation…

most viewed right now
 68
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 57
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 57
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 44
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #101
SquirrelXss 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,933 | Props total: 1382 1382
ill read this later.
 6 years ago '04        #102
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
avatar space
space
$9,607 | Props total: 1775 1775
Ehhh, just seems like too coincidental. Gangster rap is to music, as what horror films are to movies. Thats it. Up until then, there was not an major aggresive, violent form of music, and g-rap basically invented it. Now, were some n*ggas stupid to listen to the lyrics and try the sh*t? sure. theres dumbasses everywhere. Just like the kid that saw the jason movie, or the movie where the guy k!llin n*ggas and he thinks he can do it too. No difference. But to say, THEY caused it. Your giving them too much credit. I listened to the same music, I aint got caught up in jail yet.
 6 years ago '11        #103
Chi80sbaby 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$686 | Props total: 2 2
 Akira Son Bio said:
Was an interesting read but anyone who claims to be a fan of rap music or the hip hop culture and is of 25 years of age or older should have known this already.
 6 years ago '07        #104
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,393 | Props total: 16070 16070
 n@tedogg said:
Story sounds very very believable .......I wouldn't doubt this sh*t for a second man. Agree with everyone else who was old enough to remember the early 90s of hip-hop......there was a sudden change in direction in the way hip-hop went and it was definitely noticeable even to me as a young kid...

sh*t is sad.....yep ice wolf, prisons should NEVER be private business NEVER!

what makes it believable is..he said he didn't even like hip hop...so why would he care enuff to fabricate a story about its demise
 6 years ago '05        #105
kronzsw 52 heat pts52
space
avatar space
space
$6,123 | Props total: 9681 9681
it makes no sense, so because you listen to rap your gonna be thrown in jail? The guy said it him self hes not a big fan of rap so whats the point, whats the guilt for? just because i listen to eminem doesnt mean im gonna k!ll my girl. its like saying rock makes you worship satan. people are just products of their enviroments. maybe in the 90's when rap was mostly in the hood they could try and connect criminal activity to rap. its 2012 there's more suburban kids listening to rap than anything else, does that mean that these kids are all going to jail at a staggering pace? i doubt it.
 6 years ago '07        #106
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,393 | Props total: 16070 16070
 cold_young_thug said:
Ehhh, just seems like too coincidental. Gangster rap is to music, as what horror films are to movies. Thats it. Up until then, there was not an major aggresive, violent form of music, and g-rap basically invented it. Now, were some n*ggas stupid to listen to the lyrics and try the sh*t? sure. theres dumbasses everywhere. Just like the kid that saw the jason movie, or the movie where the guy k!llin n*ggas and he thinks he can do it too. No difference. But to say, THEY caused it. Your giving them too much credit. I listened to the same music, I aint got caught up in jail yet.
yet... and your handle is..cold young thug
 6 years ago '07        #107
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,393 | Props total: 16070 16070
 kronzsw said:
it makes no sense, so because you listen to rap your gonna be thrown in jail? The guy said it him self hes not a big fan of rap so whats the point, whats the guilt for? just because i listen to eminem doesnt mean im gonna k!ll my girl. its like saying rock makes you worship satan. people are just products of their enviroments. maybe in the 90's when rap was mostly in the hood they could try and connect criminal activity to rap. its 2012 there's more suburban kids listening to rap than anything else, does that mean that these kids are all going to jail at a staggering pace? i doubt it.
there are people with a good sense to be leaders not followers..but the masses of people are easily persuaded and controlled...a lot of people who listen to rock praise natas... cause you listen to rap does not mean you will be thrown in jail..but there is a good chance you might try to make "a million dollars" sellin weight ...wanna be ballers...shot callers... If your a fan of Immortal Tech your more likely to go to occupy wallstreet than if you were a Waka Flaka fan...
 6 years ago '05        #109
kronzsw 52 heat pts52
space
avatar space
space
$6,123 | Props total: 9681 9681
 NO RELIGION said:
You ever peep how all the new tv shows have atleast 1 gay character? If not that then the show has some kind
of homos3xual overtones.

It's not a coincidence that our music and television is saturated with homos3xuality,this sh*t was planned and executed my n*gga.
i think i get it now... they give you rap to make you go to jail. then they show homos3xual images so you appreciate jail even more. lol.

nah but seriously tho. you could only be influence to a certain point. theres no doubt that private prisons are here but to name rap as such a big part as to why they are full is just dumb.
 6 years ago '05        #110
kronzsw 52 heat pts52
space
avatar space
space
$6,123 | Props total: 9681 9681
 Damagegadget said:
there are people with a good sense to be leaders not followers..but the masses of people are easily persuaded and controlled...a lot of people who listen to rock praise natas... cause you listen to rap does not mean you will be thrown in jail..but there is a good chance you might try to make "a million dollars" sellin weight ...wanna be ballers...shot callers... If your a fan of Immortal Tech your more likely to go to occupy wallstreet than if you were a Waka Flaka fan...
i agree 100% at the same time what im saying is who only listens to waka or gucci? im sure theres a few who do. but the guy who wrote the letter makes it seem like its all raps fault. im sure there is a few who take the music literal. but there is so many other factors as to why they do it. people that been in the hood for generations just have a certain mentality and music isnt gonna change it.
 6 years ago '04        #111
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
great read


props to those who are "awake" on this sorta stuff
 6 years ago '04        #112
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
avatar space
space
$9,607 | Props total: 1775 1775
 Damagegadget said:
yet... and your handle is..cold young thug
completely missed my point.
 6 years ago '07        #113
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,393 | Props total: 16070 16070
 kronzsw said:
i agree 100% at the same time what im saying is who only listens to waka or gucci? im sure theres a few who do. but the guy who wrote the letter makes it seem like its all raps fault. im sure there is a few who take the music literal. but there is so many other factors as to why they do it. people that been in the hood for generations just have a certain mentality and music isnt gonna change it.
a good majority of their fans generally listen to that type of music...near 100% of them will say that I don't like "backpack" or cosncious rap..cause "they be usin them big words" which in itself cries "Im not smart enuff to listen" cause they have been dumbed down.. which ultimately should k!ll the thread here..

These execs make artist dumb down their music..Now Im not going to blame anyone thing..but the rap promoted to youth and the urban market is no solution.. when it possesses a platform to make great change. If you spoke of revolution..and your selling millions..essentially becoming as popular or more popular than the president or any candidate..you would be a very huge threat...and that is the last thing they want... which is why we can theorize on why pac and big were k!lled..because they became huge
 6 years ago '11        #114
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
BTW they made an album about being a doctor it was by Dr. Octagon...the underground LOVED it the mainstream sleep on it. - Keith Clark
 6 years ago '07        #115
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,393 | Props total: 16070 16070
 cold_young_thug said:
Ehhh, just seems like too coincidental. Gangster rap is to music, as what horror films are to movies. Thats it. Up until then, there was not an major aggresive, violent form of music, and g-rap basically invented it. Now, were some n*ggas stupid to listen to the lyrics and try the sh*t? sure. theres dumbasses everywhere. Just like the kid that saw the jason movie, or the movie where the guy k!llin n*ggas and he thinks he can do it too. No difference. But to say, THEY caused it. Your giving them too much credit. I listened to the same music, I aint got caught up in jail yet.
dude I see your arguement all the time...you missed plenty of my points..that movie cop out is not the same as rap.. these rap entertainers take their roles off screen...

you listened to the same music..and its odd to me how many rappers include "young" in their name...and the rap culture is essentially a "thug" world...but yet it had no influence on you??

You say jail yet...as though your expecting to get caught up ..

So what is your point here? enlighten me
 04-25-2012, 03:26 PM         #116
GMoney47  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone in here that says that rap doesn't influence them should take a look at their avi/sig and then just smack themselves. Not saying that you can be influenced enough to bash somebody over the head but some people are easily manipulated. You can see it every day on this site. It is true you do have to be a man about sh*t and be responsible for yourself but if you have never been put in a situation where you have NEEDED to sling then that "1st of The Month" probably isn't going to have an effect on you.

Also, just because effeminate rap is being pushed by the mainstream doesn't make the original letter invalid. It may not be about the prison complex now but NO MAINSTREAM LABLE IS PUSHING POSITIVITY!!!!
 6 years ago '11        #117
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
interesting read
 6 years ago '08        #118
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
avatar space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1
Lame this sh*t prob fake, but lets say its real rap music dont k!ll people or make people slang drugs its people's decesions that k!ll people and slang so this sh*ts weak...


Last edited by L.A's HiGhEsT; 04-25-2012 at 03:39 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #119
kronzsw 52 heat pts52
space
avatar space
space
$6,123 | Props total: 9681 9681
 Damagegadget said:
a good majority of their fans generally listen to that type of music...near 100% of them will say that I don't like "backpack" or cosncious rap..cause "they be usin them big words" which in itself cries "Im not smart enuff to listen" cause they have been dumbed down.. which ultimately should k!ll the thread here..

These execs make artist dumb down their music..Now Im not going to blame anyone thing..but the rap promoted to youth and the urban market is no solution.. when it possesses a platform to make great change. If you spoke of revolution..and your selling millions..essentially becoming as popular or more popular than the president or any candidate..you would be a very huge threat...and that is the last thing they want... which is why we can theorize on why pac and big were k!lled..because they became huge
i get what your saying. the music companies basically established what was market-able back then. at the same time they had options not every rapper of the 90s was into criminal sh*t. the industry just chose to push that a lil harder then. the only difference now is that we have internet and access to a much more broad array of music. to make it worse its free if you know what your doing. i guess we could just agree to the bigger picture of the article which would be corparate control over its consumers. we as consumers have options tho. it works this way with everything. i guess im just trying to defend the music i love...
 04-25-2012, 03:34 PM         #120
Ednyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sounds about right.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 57
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 55
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 45
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 22
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
81 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy