The Secret Meeting That Changed Rap Music And Destroyed A Generation…

most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM         #81
104  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
best conversation I've seen on BX
 6 years ago '07        #82
timdog 924 heat pts924
space
space
$30,500 | Props total: 15044 15044
 04-25-2012, 12:35 PM         #83
Mwana Ya Lola  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Behaviorism, Lebon, Edward Bernays, Adorno, Frankfurt School, Gramsci, Rockefeller Founadtion...

"Cultural hegemony is the philosophic and sociological theory, by the Marxist philosopher Antonio Gramsci, that a culturally diverse society can be dominated (ruled) by one social class, by manipulating the societal culture (beliefs, explanations, perceptions, values) so that its ruling-class worldview is imposed as the societal norm, which then is perceived as a universally valid ideology and status quo beneficial to all of society, whilst benefiting only the ruling class"
 04-25-2012, 12:36 PM         #84
Mwana Ya Lola  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The N said:
If Jay z can have a bunch of fools in button ups with jeans, what else you think they can do?...

they know hip hop is influential and they use that to their advantage.

It's all about influence. Hip Hop is one of the biggest tool in the world. They control it.
 6 years ago '06        #85
QuietMoney 1 heat pts
space
space
$217 | Props total: 0 0
 ImInHerMouth said:
How is Wale, Wiz, and Drake effeminate?

David Bowie, Kiss, and Freddie Mercury were wearing make-up for years. Let's stop with this effeminizing the black man bullsh*t. That's made up from insecure black men who feel wearing a scarf or pants that fit makes you a homos3xual. Totally ignoring the fact that in the 80s and before that's how n*ggas actually dressed. Why wasn't perming your hair and wearing glitter and eyeliner in the 80s in LA effeminizing black males? Why wasn't Rick James pointed out as the person pushing it? Why wasn't George Clinton crucified for all them damn colors in his hair?

The new fitted style of clothing came because everyone, black, white, hispanics, etc. started dressing alike as hip hop merged into pop culture, now everything is streamlined and a lot of us are dressing the same. And dudes talking about skinny jeans. It was a fad. A fad that passed. I live in NYC and haven't seen a pair of skinny jeans in over a year. Not on anyone, not in the stores, they're gone. So I don't where you guys are, but no one here is wearing skinny jeans anymore. What rap artists is wearing skinny jeans right now? Minus Wayne's jeggings which he himself put on for attention.
Fam, you naming non-hip-hop acts, we talking strictly hip-hop acts, which has a direct effect on our youth. I can't speak on NYC, but over here in Illinois, n*ggas are still rocking skinny jeans(not fitted) heavy. Wale and Drake are MAD effeminate, I don't know how you don't see that, both them cats deal with their emotions like bi*ches. Wiz is too to a lesser extent. I love his music, but Kanye is another one. There's Kid Cudi, Big Sean, Tyga, etc. I can keep going. The machine got behind all these cats I just named, but the one artist who is on that hardcore gangsta sh*t ain't being pushed(Gibbs).
 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM         #86
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t gets deep.
 6 years ago '11        #87
panelas 31 heat pts31
space
space
$778 | Props total: 2 2
 QuietMoney said:
Fam, you naming non-hip-hop acts, we talking strictly hip-hop acts, which has a direct effect on our youth. I can't speak on NYC, but over here in Illinois, n*ggas are still rocking skinny jeans(not fitted) heavy. Wale and Drake are MAD effeminate, I don't know how you don't see that, both them cats deal with their emotions like bi*ches. Wiz is too to a lesser extent. I love his music, but Kanye is another one. There's Kid Cudi, Big Sean, Tyga, etc. I can keep going. The machine got behind all these cats I just named, but the one artist who is on that hardcore gangsta sh*t ain't being pushed(Gibbs).
you sound like an insecure little bi*ch, music is alot better in 2012 then back in 2005 when everyone aimed to be a hoodrat.
 6 years ago '04        #88
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
now I wonder what type of meeting was held and whats the agenda behind all this metros3xual homophobia de-sensitizing music that going on now
 04-25-2012, 12:58 PM         #89
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's always been deeper than rap.

You can never expect outsiders to respect a culture or a sub-culture when history teaches us that they have NEVER respected any culture that they have come in contact with. That's historical fact.

HipHip is a Billion dollar industry and we only get 1% of that despite the wealth of a few rap moguls so follow the money trail and see who's really behind the bullsh*t.

We don't own the Big-4 labels and we don't own distribution so therefore we don't control the musical direction of the culture.

Thankfully we are in a digital era were the major labels are losing their grip on artists who can sell their music personally on ITunes, and build a buzz for show-money with free Mixtapes.

Twitter, YouTube and personal websites are the new model for artists who want to share their musical vision with their fans without interference from the devils & demons behind the scene.

Now that the crack-epidemic and gang-culture has subsided you see a shift in the culture and the music but I don't doubt that the article and the activities within it are true.
 6 years ago '06        #90
QuietMoney 1 heat pts
space
space
$217 | Props total: 0 0
 panelas said:
you sound like an insecure little bi*ch, music is alot better in 2012 then back in 2005 when everyone aimed to be a hoodrat.
Lmao, why you sound so defensive, you must got on some skinnys right now. I ain't dissing today's music, I like a lot of today's current artists. I'm talking about the image these a lot of these dudes are putting out there as men, the rapper of today is "soft and effeminate". You gotta blind as hell not to see that.
 6 years ago '10        #91
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
this this makes sense like a mafu*kas. all the conscious rap and alternative sh*t fell to the underground while the ignorant sh*t pushed to the forefront. i mean there is so much more to it than this but damn i feel like this sh*t really happened
 6 years ago '10        #92
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
 Graftedgenes said:
It's always been deeper than rap.

You can never expect outsiders to respect a culture or a sub-culture when history teaches us that they have NEVER respected any culture that they have come in contact with. That's historical fact.

HipHip is a Billion dollar industry and we only get 1% of that despite the wealth of a few rap moguls so follow the money trail and see who's really behind the bullsh*t.

We don't own the Big-4 labels and we don't own distribution so therefore we don't control the musical direction of the culture.

Thankfully we are in a digital era were the major labels are losing their grip on artists who can sell their music personally on ITunes, and build a buzz for show-money with free Mixtapes.

Twitter, YouTube and personal websites are the new model for artists who want to share their musical vision with their fans without interference from the devils & demons behind the scene.

Now that the crack-epidemic and gang-culture has subsided you see a shift in the culture and the music but I don't doubt that the article and the activities within it are true.
i can honestly say this dude makes sense most the time even tho yall dont like em. you might not like what hes saying but its truth.
 04-25-2012, 01:50 PM         #93
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The thing I don't get is, is this a racial thing or simply to capitalize on the prison system and make money? It's not the first time these deals have been made, but if it's not a racial thing then I really don't understand why the prison system. Even if music was that influential there's no telling if the violators would end up in their prison unless they had connections throughout the entire country.

These guys could take a no name clothing brand and make it popular, why the prison system is all I'm asking? There

But at the end of the day I think this is the realest quote from a rapper:

[video - click to view]

04-25-2012, 02:00 PM         #94
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OP is all fact...heard about this long ago, and other situations...Its alot more to it

Do a little research on the things J Prince tried to do after he found out about this meeting....with regards to black owned labels/distribution and how he was almost successful in pulling major players in the industry together....He almost united black moguls in the game and next thing you know they all start getting arrested...
 6 years ago '08        #95
MotorBoat Jones 
space
space
$486 | Props total: 83 83
That sucks

Good none of that worked on me cause I use to spazz out on "All WE GOT IZ US"

Last edited by MotorBoat Jones; 04-25-2012 at 02:17 PM..
 04-25-2012, 02:27 PM         #96
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Those camel warriors might come out the cave, but I think Jay-Z is the biggest puppet in the game.
 04-25-2012, 02:32 PM         #97
D.Rich  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wouldnt be surprised if this is true. The USA is a business. If this is true, those decision makers are what i would call the "illuminati".
 6 years ago '05        #98
n@tedogg|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,677 | Props total: 8 8
Story sounds very very believable .......I wouldn't doubt this sh*t for a second man. Agree with everyone else who was old enough to remember the early 90s of hip-hop......there was a sudden change in direction in the way hip-hop went and it was definitely noticeable even to me as a young kid...

sh*t is sad.....yep ice wolf, prisons should NEVER be private business NEVER!

04-25-2012, 02:41 PM         #99
the synthesis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImInHerMouth said:
How is Wale, Wiz, and Drake effeminate?

David Bowie, Kiss, and Freddie Mercury were wearing make-up for years. Let's stop with this effeminizing the black man bullsh*t. That's made up from insecure black men who feel wearing a scarf or pants that fit makes you a homos3xual. Totally ignoring the fact that in the 80s and before that's how n*ggas actually dressed. Why wasn't perming your hair and wearing glitter and eyeliner in the 80s in LA effeminizing black males? Why wasn't Rick James pointed out as the person pushing it? Why wasn't George Clinton crucified for all them damn colors in his hair?

The new fitted style of clothing came because everyone, black, white, hispanics, etc. started dressing alike as hip hop merged into pop culture, now everything is streamlined and a lot of us are dressing the same. And dudes talking about skinny jeans. It was a fad. A fad that passed. I live in NYC and haven't seen a pair of skinny jeans in over a year. Not on anyone, not in the stores, they're gone. So I don't where you guys are, but no one here is wearing skinny jeans anymore. What rap artists is wearing skinny jeans right now? Minus Wayne's jeggings which he himself put on for attention.
I think there is a big difference between wearing clothes that fit you than wearing womens jeans and makeup, which were designed for humans with v*ginas. David Bowie is bi s3xual and Freddie Mercury was also homos3xual. You might be fine with wearing zebra printed leggings or a miniskirt, but the line between man and woman is starting to get blurred in hip hop.
 04-25-2012, 02:48 PM         #100
GMoney47  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BackBlock_OG said:
I always said when Onyx's "Throw ya Gunz" came out everything changed. It's ironic he said this meeting happened in '91, the same year that song came out. Story sounds believable tho.
I was at one of the first big shows Onyx did in NYC. Onyx and Boss basically opened up for an Ice-T, House of Pain and Public Enemy show. Onyx comes out with the Bacdafucup Logo on the banner, they had dummies hung from the rafters, they were spraying the crowd with water but when they did "Throw ya Gunz" and "Blac v*gina Finda" we were like "Yo what the f*ck was that?" It was crazy but odd. The energy was definitely different. The whole game did change after that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now