The Secret Meeting That Changed Rap Music And Destroyed A Generation…

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
gtg but i'll be back to read this later just in case SM floods the board and this falls to pg 6

props given
 6 years ago '07        #42
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,445 | Props total: 16184 16184
 ImInHerMouth said:
And they wouldn't be listening to songs about being doctors either.

who wouldn't listen to a song about being a doctor? and why not? Now I know all to well some people definitely sell drugs cause they have to...but thats 1 out of every ten if you aks me... the other nine..wanna be ballers shot callers...
 6 years ago '07        #43
space
space
 Sam Rothstein said:
Well, you'll actually have to have an experienced doctor releasing an album. Rappers can only vaguely rap about surgical procedures and I doubt they know the terminology that doctors use in medical facilities.

You have rappers saying go to college and get your degree, but at the end of the day who is a rapper to tell the next person how to live their life? So, you would actually want rappers rapping about getting an education?

If anything these kids wanna be rappers instead of actually going out to bust their gun. The youth is going to discover drugs whether it's through TV, movies, documentaries, news sites, etc. You think these kids know about Pablo Escobar's biography through rap records? I doubt a rapper would waste his time going into such details.

It's the books, documentaries, and movies that go into full detail about these things and can provide information to these kids and could potentially influence them. Out of all the records in the rap game, 10 Crack Commandments is probably the most detailed record about selling drugs, and I still think it paints a vague picture.

People are getting information from all types of places, what makes them choose another route over another is another question.
end of the day who is anyone to tell you how to live.. but at the beginning of the day..people wake up to cultural influences.. and the american culture has made rap a guide to ignorance.. period.
Ninjas always cop out and compare rap to movies.. but actors play roles on screen..not in real life
 6 years ago '11        #44
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
Anybody here ever fu*k or stomp a n*gga out to Talib Kweli? - Keith Clark
 6 years ago '11        #45
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
space
$2,522 | Props total: 767 767
These fools are my fuel so I make them cool - Lupe

04-25-2012, 10:23 AM         #46
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
end of the day who is anyone to tell you how to live.. but at the beginning of the day..people wake up to cultural influences.. and the american culture has made rap a guide to ignorance.. period.
Ninjas always cop out and compare rap to movies.. but actors play roles on screen..not in real life

I don't believe in ignorance. I feel like everyone is being played on a certain level at the end of the day.
 6 years ago '11        #47
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Damagegadget said:
who wouldn't listen to a song about being a doctor? and why not? Now I know all to well some people definitely sell drugs cause they have to...but thats 1 out of every ten if you aks me... the other nine..wanna be ballers shot callers...
No one except a really weird person. It's not really alluring or exciting. The same reason people like Scarafce and Mafia movies is the same reason they listen to Rick Ross and Jeezy.
 04-25-2012, 10:28 AM         #48
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
That comment on the dr's reminded me of that movie that starred Mos Def and Alan Rickan called "Something The Lord Made"

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #49
space
space
 ImInHerMouth said:
No one except a really weird person. It's not really alluring or exciting. The same reason people like Scarafce and Mafia movies is the same reason they listen to Rick Ross and Jeezy.
weird..your right..not normal...wtf is normal other than what society makes.."normal" and thats the whole point..brainwashing sir.. its not alluring because of what has been ingrained in people..its not cool to be a doctor..its cool to be a drug dealer, gangsta, or pimp..
 6 years ago '11        #50
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
Alright well, compare rap to a broadway play then.
 6 years ago '07        #51
space
space
 Sam Rothstein said:
I don't believe in ignorance. I feel like everyone is being played on a certain level at the end of the day.
well really I can't blame ignorane... because ignorance knows no better..ignorance is the absence of knowledge essentially.. so I can agree with you..those that possess knowledge, but choose to ignore..are stupid...as defined
 6 years ago '11        #52
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
weird..your right..not normal...wtf is normal other than what society makes.."normal" and thats the whole point..brainwashing sir.. its not alluring because of what has been ingrained in people..its not cool to be a doctor..its cool to be a drug dealer, gangsta, or pimp..
I'm telling you that's just people. It's not cool to do good or the right thing most of the time. Being a gangster is cool, it's fast, it's dangerous. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a mid-size family sedan. I'm more likely to k!ll myself in the Ferrari, and that makes it so much cooler.
 6 years ago '07        #53
space
space
 ImInHerMouth said:
Alright well, compare rap to a broadway play then.
there is no comparison.. broadway actors play roles on stage..not in life.. lil wayen says he is a blood on record...and in real life..
 6 years ago '07        #54
space
space
 ImInHerMouth said:
I'm telling you that's just people. It's not cool to do good or the right thing most of the time. Being a gangster is cool, it's fast, it's dangerous. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a mid-size family sedan. I'm more likely to k!ll myself in the Ferrari, and that makes it so much cooler.
again sir..this is what is being pushed as cool... through mass media .. like MTV ..so yea it is people..who are easily lead by what is pushed as acceptable or cool to society.

Marketing and promotion is consumer manipulation.. this is not what people really want.. its what they have been led to believe they want...
 04-25-2012, 10:40 AM         #55
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
there is no comparison.. broadway actors play roles on stage..not in life.. lil wayen says he is a blood on record...and in real life..
True, and Wayne bought his way in ( even though he's not and should never be recognized as a real B-dog )
 6 years ago '05        #56
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,446 | Props total: 25134 25134
....Interesting Read But I Doubt Its True & Onyx Changing The Game? Guess n*ggas Forgetting About NWA and What They Birth Onto The Scene.

As For Saying "the music influence n*ggas to do crimes"? Did The Skinny Jeans Era of Rap Music Influence n*ggas To Turn Gay? Im Just Saying.
 6 years ago '07        #57
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
....Interesting Read But I Doubt Its True & Onyx Changing The Game? Guess n*ggas Forgetting About NWA and What They Birth Onto The Scene.

As For Saying "the music influence n*ggas to do crimes"? Did The Skinny Jeans Era of Rap Music Influence n*ggas To Turn Gay? Im Just Saying.
skinny jeans don't make you gay... lol

the skinny jeans era..has influenced people to wear skinny jeans..your proving the whole arguement to be true.. the phrase skinny jeans era..says enuff
 04-25-2012, 10:51 AM         #58
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
You have 300 million people in the United States, 46 million living in poverty, do you think these 42 million have the confidence, guidance, and are receiving quality education to become a doctor?

I doubt they want to hear about becoming a doctor because they either feel as if they will never become a doctor or they've wasted so much time they rather not waste more time becoming a doctor.

You can't just wake up one day and decide I'm going to listen to this mixtape and become a doctor. It's starts with manifesting that thought in a young mind. Maybe one person will have an epiphany and decide to change up their life, but if they are having trouble by high school, it's going to be a rocky road, they'll have to dedicate a majority of their to it.

But at the end of the day, fu*k a doctor. Enjoy yourself no matter who you are and how your make your money.
 6 years ago '07        #59
space
space
It's starts with manifesting that thought in a young mind
thats the whole point

and as in the matrix.. I see people will f!ght to protect and justify the very system that enslaves them

Last edited by Damagegadget; 04-25-2012 at 10:57 AM..
 04-25-2012, 10:58 AM         #60
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
skinny jeans don't make you gay... lol

the skinny jeans era..has influenced people to wear skinny jeans..your proving the whole arguement to be true.. the phrase skinny jeans era..says enuff
People aren't as dumb as you think they are, but this sh*t goes all the way down to freewill and determinism.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
77 comments
2 days ago