The Secret Meeting That Changed Rap Music And Destroyed A Generation…

most viewed right now
 122
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
62 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 78
Image(s) inside Someone get F.B.I. Director James B. Comey on the line now!
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside This nigguh Don Q is a midget..No cap!!
101 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
DSOM 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$18,340 | Props total: 446 446
gtg but i'll be back to read this later just in case SM floods the board and this falls to pg 6


props given
 6 years ago '07        #42
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
avatar space
space
$36,913 | Props total: 19851 19851
 ImInHerMouth said:
And they wouldn't be listening to songs about being doctors either.

.
who wouldn't listen to a song about being a doctor? and why not? Now I know all to well some people definitely sell drugs cause they have to...but thats 1 out of every ten if you aks me... the other nine..wanna be ballers shot callers...
 6 years ago '07        #43
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
avatar space
space
$36,913 | Props total: 19851 19851
 Sam Rothstein said:
Well, you'll actually have to have an experienced doctor releasing an album. Rappers can only vaguely rap about surgical procedures and I doubt they know the terminology that doctors use in medical facilities.

You have rappers saying go to college and get your degree, but at the end of the day who is a rapper to tell the next person how to live their life? So, you would actually want rappers rapping about getting an education?

If anything these kids wanna be rappers instead of actually going out to bust their gun. The youth is going to discover drugs whether it's through TV, movies, documentaries, news sites, etc. You think these kids know about Pablo Escobar's biography through rap records? I doubt a rapper would waste his time going into such details.

It's the books, documentaries, and movies that go into full detail about these things and can provide information to these kids and could potentially influence them. Out of all the records in the rap game, 10 Crack Commandments is probably the most detailed record about selling drugs, and I still think it paints a vague picture.

People are getting information from all types of places, what makes them choose another route over another is another question.
end of the day who is anyone to tell you how to live.. but at the beginning of the day..people wake up to cultural influences.. and the american culture has made rap a guide to ignorance.. period.
Ninjas always cop out and compare rap to movies.. but actors play roles on screen..not in real life
 6 years ago '11        #44
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$4,492 | Props total: 192 192
Anybody here ever fu*k or stomp a n*gga out to Talib Kweli? - Keith Clark
 6 years ago '11        #45
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
avatar space
space
$2,530 | Props total: 807 807
These fools are my fuel so I make them cool - Lupe



 04-25-2012, 09:23 AM         #46
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
end of the day who is anyone to tell you how to live.. but at the beginning of the day..people wake up to cultural influences.. and the american culture has made rap a guide to ignorance.. period.
Ninjas always cop out and compare rap to movies.. but actors play roles on screen..not in real life

I don't believe in ignorance. I feel like everyone is being played on a certain level at the end of the day.
 6 years ago '11        #47
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4732 4732
 Damagegadget said:
who wouldn't listen to a song about being a doctor? and why not? Now I know all to well some people definitely sell drugs cause they have to...but thats 1 out of every ten if you aks me... the other nine..wanna be ballers shot callers...
No one except a really weird person. It's not really alluring or exciting. The same reason people like Scarafce and Mafia movies is the same reason they listen to Rick Ross and Jeezy.
 04-25-2012, 09:28 AM         #48
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
end of the day who is anyone to tell you how to live.. but at the beginning of the day..people wake up to cultural influences.. and the american culture has made rap a guide to ignorance.. period.
Ninjas always cop out and compare rap to movies.. but actors play roles on screen..not in real life
That comment on the dr's reminded me of that movie that starred Mos Def and Alan Rickan called "Something The Lord Made"


[video - click to view]

 6 years ago '07        #49
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
avatar space
space
$36,913 | Props total: 19851 19851
 ImInHerMouth said:
No one except a really weird person. It's not really alluring or exciting. The same reason people like Scarafce and Mafia movies is the same reason they listen to Rick Ross and Jeezy.
weird..your right..not normal...wtf is normal other than what society makes.."normal" and thats the whole point..brainwashing sir.. its not alluring because of what has been ingrained in people..its not cool to be a doctor..its cool to be a drug dealer, gangsta, or pimp..
 6 years ago '11        #50
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4732 4732
 Damagegadget said:
end of the day who is anyone to tell you how to live.. but at the beginning of the day..people wake up to cultural influences.. and the american culture has made rap a guide to ignorance.. period.
Ninjas always cop out and compare rap to movies.. but actors play roles on screen..not in real life
Alright well, compare rap to a broadway play then.
 6 years ago '07        #51
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
avatar space
space
$36,913 | Props total: 19851 19851
 Sam Rothstein said:
I don't believe in ignorance. I feel like everyone is being played on a certain level at the end of the day.
well really I can't blame ignorane... because ignorance knows no better..ignorance is the absence of knowledge essentially.. so I can agree with you..those that possess knowledge, but choose to ignore..are stupid...as defined
 6 years ago '11        #52
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4732 4732
 Damagegadget said:
weird..your right..not normal...wtf is normal other than what society makes.."normal" and thats the whole point..brainwashing sir.. its not alluring because of what has been ingrained in people..its not cool to be a doctor..its cool to be a drug dealer, gangsta, or pimp..
I'm telling you that's just people. It's not cool to do good or the right thing most of the time. Being a gangster is cool, it's fast, it's dangerous. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a mid-size family sedan. I'm more likely to k!ll myself in the Ferrari, and that makes it so much cooler.
 6 years ago '07        #53
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
avatar space
space
$36,913 | Props total: 19851 19851
 ImInHerMouth said:
Alright well, compare rap to a broadway play then.
there is no comparison.. broadway actors play roles on stage..not in life.. lil wayen says he is a blood on record...and in real life..
 6 years ago '07        #54
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
avatar space
space
$36,913 | Props total: 19851 19851
 ImInHerMouth said:
I'm telling you that's just people. It's not cool to do good or the right thing most of the time. Being a gangster is cool, it's fast, it's dangerous. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a mid-size family sedan. I'm more likely to k!ll myself in the Ferrari, and that makes it so much cooler.
again sir..this is what is being pushed as cool... through mass media .. like MTV ..so yea it is people..who are easily lead by what is pushed as acceptable or cool to society.

Marketing and promotion is consumer manipulation.. this is not what people really want.. its what they have been led to believe they want...
 04-25-2012, 09:40 AM         #55
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
there is no comparison.. broadway actors play roles on stage..not in life.. lil wayen says he is a blood on record...and in real life..
True, and Wayne bought his way in ( even though he's not and should never be recognized as a real B-dog )
 6 years ago '05        #56
Fresh|B 996 heat pts996
space
avatar space
space
$44,025 | Props total: 28481 28481
....Interesting Read But I Doubt Its True & Onyx Changing The Game? Guess n*ggas Forgetting About NWA and What They Birth Onto The Scene.

As For Saying "the music influence n*ggas to do crimes"? Did The Skinny Jeans Era of Rap Music Influence n*ggas To Turn Gay? Im Just Saying.
 6 years ago '07        #57
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
avatar space
space
$36,913 | Props total: 19851 19851
 Fresh Whyte said:
....Interesting Read But I Doubt Its True & Onyx Changing The Game? Guess n*ggas Forgetting About NWA and What They Birth Onto The Scene.

As For Saying "the music influence n*ggas to do crimes"? Did The Skinny Jeans Era of Rap Music Influence n*ggas To Turn Gay? Im Just Saying.
skinny jeans don't make you gay... lol

the skinny jeans era..has influenced people to wear skinny jeans..your proving the whole arguement to be true.. the phrase skinny jeans era..says enuff
 04-25-2012, 09:51 AM         #58
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
who wouldn't listen to a song about being a doctor? and why not? Now I know all to well some people definitely sell drugs cause they have to...but thats 1 out of every ten if you aks me... the other nine..wanna be ballers shot callers...
You have 300 million people in the United States, 46 million living in poverty, do you think these 42 million have the confidence, guidance, and are receiving quality education to become a doctor?

I doubt they want to hear about becoming a doctor because they either feel as if they will never become a doctor or they've wasted so much time they rather not waste more time becoming a doctor.

You can't just wake up one day and decide I'm going to listen to this mixtape and become a doctor. It's starts with manifesting that thought in a young mind. Maybe one person will have an epiphany and decide to change up their life, but if they are having trouble by high school, it's going to be a rocky road, they'll have to dedicate a majority of their to it.

But at the end of the day, fu*k a doctor. Enjoy yourself no matter who you are and how your make your money.
 6 years ago '07        #59
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
avatar space
space
$36,913 | Props total: 19851 19851
It's starts with manifesting that thought in a young mind
thats the whole point



and as in the matrix.. I see people will f!ght to protect and justify the very system that enslaves them


Last edited by Damagegadget; 04-25-2012 at 09:57 AM..
 04-25-2012, 09:58 AM         #60
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
skinny jeans don't make you gay... lol

the skinny jeans era..has influenced people to wear skinny jeans..your proving the whole arguement to be true.. the phrase skinny jeans era..says enuff
People aren't as dumb as you think they are, but this sh*t goes all the way down to freewill and determinism.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 102
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
103 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 92
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
24 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 59
Image(s) inside When you pretend her jokes are funnier than they are so you can smash
29 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Playboi Carti gets exposed
139 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 26
Cardi B Speech But She Only Makes Weird Noises
50 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside Yo.. this SWATTing sh-t is HILARIOUS :dead2:
136 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside She made Petyr Baelish Littlefinger into Kawhifinger
18 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside reppin my flag right
33 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy