The Secret Meeting That Changed Rap Music And Destroyed A Generation…

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
24 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-25-2012, 09:23 AM         #21
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImInHerMouth said:
You're a jew?
No, I'm Belgium and English.
 6 years ago '10        #22
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,532 | Props total: 5867 5867
 s7venwords said:
Not trying to turn this into a race debate, read, research, and come up with your own opinion as I am going to do before discussing that.
It's definitely bigger than a race thing. It's a money thing. Some folks worship and don't care about what they get mixed up in to get it.
 6 years ago '07        #23
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,384 | Props total: 16041 16041
wonder if people will believe it now
Too Short Says There Was An Industry-Wide Plot To Shut Down Conscious Hip Hop
as did poor righteous.. etc.
 04-25-2012, 09:29 AM         #24
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bullsh*t, music doesn't cause crime, poverty plays a big role. Why go to some hip-hop artists when you can go directly to the people who are throwing these people in jail (the judge). The plan sounds corny as hell and seem like they were actually trying to get these stupid hip-hop artists to lose their money in an investment scam.
 04-25-2012, 09:30 AM         #25
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ant McQueen said:
It's definitely bigger than a race thing. It's a money thing. Some folks worship and don't care about what they get mixed up in to get it.
Yep, it's a media-social trap as if you don't try to be like so and so you're not good enough or looked at as lower form of a human being cause you're not concerned with what KK is doing or Pusha ( just examples ).
 04-25-2012, 09:32 AM         #26
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
wonder if people will believe it now as did poor righteous.. etc.
And E-40

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #27
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Damagegadget said:
wonder if people will believe it now as did poor righteous.. etc.
Damn. They wanted to shut it down? That's big. Not just ignore it, or don't market it. But shut it down. I usually dismiss a lot of conspiracy theories, but I just can't with this one. If you keep hearing sh*t like this all the time, with evidence of it so apparent, it's hard to blow it off.
 6 years ago '07        #28
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,384 | Props total: 16041 16041
 Sam Rothstein said:
Bullsh*t, music doesn't cause crime, poverty plays a big role. Why go to some hip-hop artists when you can go directly to the people who are throwing these people in jail (the judge). The plan sounds corny as hell and seem like they were actually trying to get these stupid hip-hop artists to lose their money in an investment scam.
if kids in poverty were listening to music about trying to become doctors do you really think they would opt to sell drugs instead?

The cool thing to do as portrayed by rick ross for example.. is to sell dope.. you got isht like coke boys?/ wtf coke boys lol.. it showing people that the only way out of poverty..the rags to riches story is made thru fast money..drugs guns and misogyny.
...no ninjas land themselves in jail tryin to be big "ballers"..ironically the name of a rap song.. and what most of people who are fans of rap aspire to be ..a baller... with an "mtv" crib, and a bunch of azz clappin batches..

These images portrayed by rappers.. are sold to be whats "cool" and every one wants to be "cool" in fear of being an outcast.. period. So they will follow whats cool. If being a doctor was made to be "cool" by rap..I a.ssure you more people would aspire to be that than a drug dealer..or "boss"
 04-25-2012, 09:38 AM         #29
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Akira Son Bio said:
Was an interesting read but anyone who claims to be a fan of rap music or the hip hop culture and is of 25 years of age or older should have known this already.
True, but not everybody on here is of that age. There's kids' on here that don't remember 2pac getting a.ssassinated.
 6 years ago '11        #30
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 s7venwords said:
No, I'm Belgium and English.
Yeah that was just a joke lol
 6 years ago '11        #31
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
if kids in poverty were listening to music about trying to become doctors do you really think they would opt to sell drugs instead?

The cool thing to do as portrayed by rick ross for example.. is to sell dope.. you got isht like coke boys?/ wtf coke boys lol.. it showing people that the only way out of poverty..the rags to riches story is made thru fast money..drugs guns and misogyny.
...no ninjas land themselves in jail tryin to be big "ballers"..ironically the name of a rap song.. and what most of people who are fans of rap aspire to be ..a baller... with an "mtv" crib, and a bunch of azz clappin batches..

These images portrayed by rappers.. are sold to be whats "cool" and every one wants to be "cool" in fear of being an outcast.. period. So they will follow whats cool. If being a doctor was made to be "cool" by rap..I a.ssure you more people would aspire to be that than a drug dealer..or "boss"
I think they would. And they wouldn't be listening to songs about being doctors either.

No one I know that sold drugs did it cause that sh*t was cool, they felt they had to. I do know n*ggas who joined gangs to be down though. But listening to someone rap about going to school and working hard to become a doctor is just not as appealing as listening to someone talking about selling dope straight off their iPhone.

I think we just like bad sh*t, record execs know we like it, and they marketed it to us. If conscious rap ruled the industry and that what was being pushed instead of trap music right now I doubt the industry would've even made it this far. You can't drink, fu*k, party, or stomp a n*gga out to Talib Kweli's sh*t. And that's the fun sh*t to do, I'm sorry to say. We love negative sh*t. Hip Hop and no Jew or white exec made us love sh*t like that. They just capitalized off of it. Are they trying to get more blacks into the prison system? Hell fu*kin yeah. Are they carrying out their plans with the help of rap music? Yeah, even if not directly or intentionally. But it's a business at the end of the day. They want you to spend money, or make them money.

It's like that Wiz song, "My Favorite Song". People want music they can spend money too. Pop Bottles and spend hundreds of dollars in the clubs and strip clubs to. And people love hearing that the sh*t they're doing is okay. fu*king different broads (or n*ggas) every night, cheating on they bi*ch (or n*gga), selling drugs, etc. Humans like to be validated.
 6 years ago '11        #32
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
And this sh*t happened in the 90s? okay cool. Do you know what n*ggas was doing in the 80s? They were wild. The murder rate was up there. Beating n*ggas in the head with hammers smh. Slinging crack to Grandmaster Flash "The Message".
 6 years ago '10        #33
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,532 | Props total: 5867 5867
 Damagegadget said:

Exactly, people like to be current, cool, hip, etc. In the late 80's/early 90's artists made it cool to not be a thug, drug dealer, or whatever. There was Stop The Violence, Crack Is Wack, etc. People took heed to these things. You used to see folks walking around with the Africa medallions, going to the Million Man March, attending seminars and sh*t. So the tastemakers definitely do possess A LOT of power.
 04-25-2012, 09:59 AM         #34
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:
So how we going to explain the softness in hip-hop today then? It's simple. Trends change. Dude that wrote that letter sounds like he read too many fantasy novels in the pen.
Respect your opinion but totally disagree. If he was the only one saying this maybe I'd agree but this has been talked abut for years as others have pointed out and posted documented interviews.
 6 years ago '09        #35
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,079 | Props total: 1815 1815
 Retro said:
Should be an interesting read later. One thing people have to to understand though is that the consumer is still just as much to blame. Had their plan failed you seriously think they'd continue to force it until it worked? It's about making money at the end of the day. We're self destructive due to our vices. Our priorities are all fu*ked up but that's not only rap music's fault...
Just got done reading and this is pretty much my sentiments on the matter.

Yes, the intent of these 'mysterious' people and their meetings are devious and maybe immoral, but people don't have to respond to it in the manner that they did/do.

The general public / black family failed as a collective, in my opinion. Parents didn't take heed to their child's acting out, communities stopped giving a fu*k, etc etc. So, even though the idea to use rap music as a negative tool is there, it can only work if you allow yourself to be used like my man said.
 6 years ago '09        #36
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,079 | Props total: 1815 1815
 23codez said:
Boss man was around, so I read it kinda quickly. Did dude ever profit from his "shares"? I read that he quit the business, but owning shares is owning shares.

Given that this is true

He didn't get to purchase any shares from my understanding. He was kicked out of the meeting before they really got intricate with the details and pretty much quit the music industry a couple years after that, so he didn't get a chance, or didn't want to capitalize on the alleged plan.
 04-25-2012, 10:03 AM         #37
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:

Well, you'll actually have to have an experienced doctor releasing an album. Rappers can only vaguely rap about surgical procedures and I doubt they know the terminology that doctors use in medical facilities.

You have rappers saying go to college and get your degree, but at the end of the day who is a rapper to tell the next person how to live their life? So, you would actually want rappers rapping about getting an education?

If anything these kids wanna be rappers instead of actually going out to bust their gun. The youth is going to discover drugs whether it's through TV, movies, documentaries, news sites, etc. You think these kids know about Pablo Escobar's biography through rap records? I doubt a rapper would waste his time going into such details.

It's the books, documentaries, and movies that go into full detail about these things and can provide information to these kids and could potentially influence them. Out of all the records in the rap game, 10 Crack Commandments is probably the most detailed record about selling drugs, and I still think it paints a vague picture.

People are getting information from all types of places, what makes them choose another route over another is another question.
 04-25-2012, 10:09 AM         #38
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:
I'm just wondering how this exact claim can be justified when rap music has become noticeably softer and less violent every year.
This happened with him in '91, so he is speaking on that time frame.
 04-25-2012, 10:10 AM         #39
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't care if a n*gga is rapping about becoming the president of the United States and have a full proof plan on how to get me there. If a n*gga have too much pride in himself and he's broke, it's only a matter of time.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #40
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
 s7venwords said:
It may seem far fetched ( the meeting part ), but if you think about it, there is a pattern. If certain people in the music industry wanted to down size the black population they ( record execs ) did so by pushing stereo types of thugs so the kids who lived a normal life would be intrigued by that and commence to live out the raps, thus getting them caught up in the system and having it affect the rest of their lives.
Like the article said "It's ABOVE the music industry" that meeting wasn't about asking them to buy shares and those prisons they were TELLING them to. - Keith Clark
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy