The Secret Meeting That Changed Rap Music And Destroyed A Generation…

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #241
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,446 | Props total: 16198 16198
 Ciggavelli said:
Lol. Addressing the two points I made would also be beneficial

One can't say that music is just entertainment on one situation and then in another call it powerful enough to corrupt to youth. Y'all sound like tipper gore from the early 90's.

Also, conspiracy theorists have been using unnamed sources for years to validate their claims. That doesn't make it true though
thats why its theory... but are you saying that conspiracy is not true?
 04-26-2012, 12:38 PM         #242
kbz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MahirEmes said:
Of course we cannot just blame the music industry, we as human beings choose what we want to listen to and if we want it to influence us to do things we wouldn't normally do.

personally, i think its upto the strength of an individual, and how strong they are to not be influenced by a mainstream wave of music whether it be about guns, s3x, drugs or whatever.

We do choose what we listen to but if you want to fit in with society you'll do what the majority is doing and thinking. Do you really think that skinny jeans are comfortable ( i don't know never wore any). Yet you see so many dudes wearing them. Again its just the fad to do and listen to all this garbage. I heard an 11 yr old rap a young Jeezy song the other day talking bout coke and all that sh*t. You think he does coke ?
 6 years ago '05        #243
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,300 | Props total: 5487 5487
 n@tedogg said:
Story sounds very very believable .......I wouldn't doubt this sh*t for a second man. Agree with everyone else who was old enough to remember the early 90s of hip-hop......there was a sudden change in direction in the way hip-hop went and it was definitely noticeable even to me as a young kid...

sh*t is sad.....yep ice wolf, prisons should NEVER be private business NEVER!

Thanks homie.

All these kids that weren't around in the early 90's can't intelligently discuss this topic because they didn't live to experience how Rap music was marketed and experienced at this point in time. If you're under 30 feel free to comment, but your opinion isn't as credible.
I personally believe this story. It's in line with what Too Short, Public Enemy and Poor Righteous Teachers have said in the past as well. There was a MASSIVE change in direction around 1991/1992. The mood and feel of Rap became much darker. There was some classic music being put out during this time, (think NWA, Onyx, Spice-1, CMW, etc...) but there was very few ppl rapping about anything positive. From 1988 - 1991 most Rap music promoted positivity. Even Dr. Dre was dissing drug use in 1988, (Dr.Dre: "I still express yo I don't smoke weed or sess".) Gangsta rap was more about story telling, and it was a small sub-genre prior to 1991. Look at how much Dre hanged from 1988 in comparison to what he represented on The Chronic.

Example of the extreme changes that NWA endured during this era:

NWA - 1988 (Express yourself)

[video - click to view]

NWA - 1991 (Appetite for Destruction)

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #244
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
First off, I would like to say thank you for the appreciation. I do pay homage to many black artists and athletes on a daily basis.

Second, I find it comical that you think just because I have a picture of Lloyd Banks as my Avatar on a HIP-HOP website that I am actively concerned with promoting him. Once again your delusional tendencies are strong.

Third, you seem to be able to blur the lines between facts and conspiracies quite easily. This is probably just a factor of your delusional personality.

Let's not forget how this started. I was having a friendly discussion with another member, when you decided to jump in and attempt to defame my character. I find it especially funny that the post you chose to attack was not even one that displayed any sort of strong feelings in one way or another. It was simply an opinion that you chose to interpret in such a way that made you angry enough to respond.

Lastly, people that know me in real life know I am the farthest thing from a racist in this world. In fact, my girlfriend of almost 4 years in black and she loves my white c*ck . I bet that makes you sick doesn't it? Especially knowing that 90% of black people have moved on from the past and learned to work in unison with whites and people of every other race and color. Meanwhile, you will be 40, sitting behind your computer, mad as sh*t, still trying to defame the people who have done nothing to you personally. I have never considered myself better than black people or anyone for that matter but it has become clear that I am better than you.

By the way, your education and your knowledge of history comes from one perspective. I can admit that you are fairly good at spewing out dates and random conspiracy theories. Meanwhile, I have achieved an education (most likely at a higher level than you) that has taught me not to judge and to use my head before forming such extreme opinions.

You mad? Yeah you mad.
Yo Ghost Writer ... that was some ether right there. Well said.
 6 years ago '04        #245
Ice Cold 26 heat pts26
space
space
$3,727 | Props total: 325 325
Obviouisly SOMEBODY in the music industry knows SOMEBODY who knows SOMEBODY who came into the music game from England..or who has since quit and returned to England...

this guy is already dead or someone's on their way to England RIGHT NOW...for blood!

Oh..you 2 Edjumacated ni**as above..skip to 1:35 mark

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Ice Cold; 04-26-2012 at 01:19 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #246
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 9 9
 Damagegadget said:
thats why its theory... but are you saying that conspiracy is not true?
No, some conspiracies actually turn out to be true. I'm just skeptical until I get real hard facts.

This whole "music corrupts youth" argument is a real slippery slope that has ramifications outside of this particular issue. If one believes that music corrupts the youth then a lot of other arguments music fans make all of the sudden become null.

Uncle Luke, NWA, and a lot of those "gangsta" rappers did a lot for freedom of speech. I for one am grateful for that
 6 years ago '04        #247
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,730 | Props total: 11461 11461
 Ghost Writer said:
First off, I would like to say thank you for the appreciation. I do pay homage to many black artists and athletes on a daily basis.

Second, I find it comical that you think just because I have a picture of Lloyd Banks as my Avatar on a HIP-HOP website that I am actively concerned with promoting him. Once again your delusional tendencies are strong.

Third, you seem to be able to blur the lines between facts and conspiracies quite easily. This is probably just a factor of your delusional personality.

Let's not forget how this started. I was having a friendly discussion with another member, when you decided to jump in and attempt to defame my character. I find it especially funny that the post you chose to attack was not even one that displayed any sort of strong feelings in one way or another. It was simply an opinion that you chose to interpret in such a way that made you angry enough to respond.

Lastly, people that know me in real life know I am the farthest thing from a racist in this world. In fact, my girlfriend of almost 4 years in black and she loves my white c*ck . I bet that makes you sick doesn't it? Especially knowing that 90% of black people have moved on from the past and learned to work in unison with whites and people of every other race and color. Meanwhile, you will be 40, sitting behind your computer, mad as sh*t, still trying to defame the people who have done nothing to you personally. I have never considered myself better than black people or anyone for that matter but it has become clear that I am better than you.

By the way, your education and your knowledge of history comes from one perspective. I can admit that you are fairly good at spewing out dates and random conspiracy theories. Meanwhile, I have achieved an education (most likely at a higher level than you) that has taught me not to judge and to use my head before forming such extreme opinions.

You mad? Yeah you mad.
 04-26-2012, 01:28 PM         #248
kbz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:

You mad? Yeah you mad.
 6 years ago '07        #249
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,626 | Props total: 2469 2469
Posting to come back and read this later
 6 years ago '04        #250
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,404 | Props total: 3913 3913
gonna read this after work. been seeing the thread for days now..
 6 years ago '04        #251
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,404 | Props total: 3913 3913
 Ghost Writer said:

You mad? Yeah you mad.
k!lled him. straight ether..
 04-26-2012, 02:19 PM         #252
Lot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If anybody remembers that judge who got caught jailing children to privately owned prisons for money, then this shouldn't be hard to believe to be true.

[video - click to view]

04-26-2012, 02:33 PM         #253
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:

You mad? Yeah you mad.
Did you just dedicate a to me and ask me at the end if I was mad??

Sounds kinda backwards but strong feelings do that.

No need to describe your life, education, relationships or the fantasies about your little
pink wee-wee.

The fact that you feel the need to explain yourself to a stranger online shows how emotional and red-in-the-face you get when words leave a red hand-print across your face.

I posted Historical facts that you call "dates" and "conspiracy theories" which shows how delusional, ignorant and sensitive you are about the truth; typical white response.

The brothers thanked me and hit me on the PM for more info.

I repeat, Im just pleased that you are paying homage to Black athletes, Black rappers and Black women in your internet profile, it says alot about your character and how you feel about the image you see in the mirror.

Last edited by Graftedgenes; 04-26-2012 at 02:38 PM..
 04-26-2012, 03:03 PM         #254
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:
lol this dude grafted is so pissed at white people

funny how you'll still be in the hood posting on message boards while I'm out contributing to society and then have the nerve to blame white people for your unemployment...

shut the fu*k up you delusional, wannabe black panther f*ggot...you are nothing more than a black Michael Moore who thinks conspiracy theories = facts.
 Ghost Writer said:
lol wow you dudes are delusional....according to you I am part of the problem cause I'm white....also I'm probably more so part of the solution than some internet black panther like grafted who does nothing but botch about white people all day....
 Grimey Jr. said:
pics of this broad you pokin?

To my Black brothers and my white brothers like Grimey Jr. follow me:

Notice how he automatically a.ssumed I was "unemployed", even tho I own my own pre-production studio in addition to a Property Management Inc I share with my blood brother and my editing work, graphic design and DJ'ng.

Notice how he attacked my Education level as if to allude that I was a being of leser intelligence and his intellectual inferior

Notice how he negatively calls me a "Black Panther" which doesent make sense because the Black Panthers aligned themselves with white Marxist groups untill their dissolution.

Notice how he attacks my manhood and uses a homophobic slur in an attempt to castrate my words calling me a homos3xual when Im not.

Notice how he made disrespectfuli remarks about s3xual escapades with a Black woman as if she was a piece of meat and a s3xual toilet.

I never once mentioned so-called white-people yet this white poster attacked me with stereotypes, attacked my manhood/masculinity, attacked a Black empowerment organization, and attacked my Black women.

This is how they have always treated us!!!

What hurts me so bad inside, I just cant understand why they hate us so much and attack us with such cruel vitriol and venom....it hurts my heart brothers its just hurtful.

The more things change the more things stay the same I guess.....

Last edited by Graftedgenes; 04-26-2012 at 03:05 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #255
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,337 | Props total: 8506 8506
 Ghost Writer said:

You mad? Yeah you mad.
for the win......

Grafted is such a tool
 6 years ago '05        #256
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
 Lot said:
If anybody remembers that judge who got caught jailing children to privately owned prisons for money, then this shouldn't be hard to believe to be true.

Damn right.
 04-26-2012, 03:22 PM         #257
Trill Clinton  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

^^ Those albums came out before '91,Gangsta rap didn't just come out of nowhere in 91,this whole article is ducktales.n*ggas will fall for anything.

Gangsta rap blew up because of the crack era.Nothing more,nothing less.

Last edited by Trill Clinton; 04-26-2012 at 03:24 PM..
 04-26-2012, 03:30 PM         #258
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trill Clinton said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

^^ Those albums came out before '91,Gangsta rap didn't just come out of nowhere in 91,this whole article is ducktales.n*ggas will fall for anything.

Gangsta rap blew up because of the crack era,nothing more,nothing less.

Dope post, all classic albums from 3 regions, I would have posted the Geto Boys album also to complete the representation.

If you look at the height of the crack/gang epidemic in our communities you can easily see how it influenced the music of that era but dont totally disregard the article in its entirety because its a widely known fact that the labels were pushing this sensationlized sub-genre of HipHop because it was raking in money and getting alot of free promo from the controversy.

Proffesor Griff from Public Enemy has been saying this for years and insiders who are on the inside like:
Black Dot, D-Brad, and others have shared the same sentiments about how diabolical the rap industry is and was.
 04-26-2012, 03:38 PM         #259
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Graftedgenes; 04-26-2012 at 03:43 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #260
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,337 | Props total: 8506 8506
What about now... theres a resurgence of talking about 40s with ASAP Rocky and Black Hippy and sh*t like that, do the beer companies deep down have connections to the labels, where fabricated artists like Rocky do and say what they please like promote beer because it kind of faded out with Kanye and his hispter sh*t...

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy