Apr 24 - Homeless mother who sent 6y.o. son to better school in the wrong town jailed for 5 years

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #121
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,808 | Props total: 1965 1965
 r.burgundy said:
so let me get this bullsh*t strait,u in here tryin to turn ya self into poor white trash,to make it seem like your down wit some blacks,hav been arrested for sellin drugs,yet somehow cant find sympathy for a black woman who's pretty much done tha same thing as u?u might not be racist,but u damn sure are an idiot

yes its 2012,and a fu*kin shame that a woman is in jail ova education.obama isnt a black president.he's half white.talk that black sh*t if martin lawrence becomes president.what has obama done for black people that u in here callin his name?
Poor white trash? How did you convey me getting kicked out of college and having to go to a halfway house into poor white trash?

All I'm doing is proving wrong Dos-Effect's label of me as some spoiled white suburban kid who has no interaction with african-americans or any other race for that matter. Once again here you are labeling me and adding sh*t that your simple mind want's to think. It's quite comical

And no, I don't find sympathy for her, as I don't want sympathy for me having to had stay in a halfway house for 3 months over a possession charge of 5 grams. I broke the law, as she did (this is not a dispute about weed or drug laws, thats an entirely different discussion..) and thus she should face the same consequences as I did. It's people like you that want to try and justify that she broke the law because she was homeless. Well Why was she homeless? I'd certainly like to hear that side of the story... I'm sure you will just blame the white man like the rest of you self hating blacks in here.
 6 years ago '04        #122
Alf 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 0 0
 xeduran said:
While she should not have been selling drugs, I do not agree with the five year sentence for having her child go to another school. A five year sentence for drug dealing, ok whatever, but not for a kid going to another school. Especially since she was homeless and did not have a home in any school district. Though I do not know what the laws are as far as being homeless and having your child attend school. You probably are supposed to go to child services if you are homeless with a child.

As for people talking about the tax payers, do not use that excuse. I pay property, sales, city, state and federal taxes. I do not have any children. My money goes to "my" school district just like every other property tax payer that does not have kids. Should we get a refund then because our money is going to schools and we do not have kids? It is called living in a society. People fail to accept that concept. Sometimes you pay for services that you do not use or ever even plan to use. If the babysitter was paying property tax and had no kids, then her taxes going to pay for the mother's child is fair. Does anybody know if the babysitter has kids? Because if she does not, then the money argument does not even make sense here. Where does the babysitter's tax money go? To pay for some kid she does not even know instead of the one she is helping raise? And what about all the other tax payers in that district that do not have kids?

What if she lived in the school district but was renting? She would not be paying property tax then. Her child would still be able to go to school there though. Explain that one. The money argument makes no sense. While tax money does go to education and school districts, many people do not pay property tax and are still able to use the educational services for free. She did not have a permanent residence in the area. So what. That is no different than her renting in the area as far as money is considered. So if she was renting she is not a thief, even though she is not paying into the school district? But not paying and not living permanently there makes her a thief? In both scenarios she would not be paying a dime to the school district.

Also how did they come up with this money amount? Is every household in the area paying that much in taxes for each child they have? What if one household has eight kids? Are they paying the same amount x8 in taxes for all their kids? So can households that are using more school money than others, but not paying extra in taxes, be charged with larceny as well?

If they wanted to charge her with something, they should create a law that does not involve larceny. How can it be larceny in this case but not larceny in the case of someone renting? If the tax money is the issue, then renters should not be able to enroll their children as well. And people who have a large amount of children and do not pay the appropriate amount in taxes should have to pay more.

The bigger problem is our school systems. Richer neighborhoods get better schools. You grow up in a poor neighborhood, you attend a poor school. The system is bullsh*t. The irony is that I grew up in poorer neighborhoods and attended poorer schools. Now I pay taxes to richer schools and do not even have kids. How f*cked up is that? Even though these rich schools are taking my money now, I was not able to attend their schools earlier on. Is that justice? So yeah, miss me with this money excuse bullsh*t.
Paying the taxes in your district is what entitles you to have a resident of your home go to the school of that district. So, if a grandparent lives in school district A's city, their grandchild would be permitted to go to that school, so long as that house was their permanent address. If you have a child some day, or have a niece or nephew, and they live with you permanently, they could go to the school your taxes contribute to. It is what a lot of people did to go to my high school, and while I was there it was a non-issue.

Additionally, your taxes go to better the school, which in turn drives up the home values for that district. It is known that better schools equal better home values in the district. So, you are also benefitting in the sense that your home's value isn't dropping as rapidly as the home values in your surrounding area.

Lastly, as far as renters go. The owner of the apartment/house pays all the taxes on the unit that a homeowner would pay. If it is a single family home they pay single family property tax rates. If it is a multi-family home (duplex, condo. etc) they pay a multi family rate, as if each family's unit is its own domicile. It is the same idea as having a grandparent live in that city, only the landlord is the grandparent. Your permanent address is the landlords "property" which the city is receiving taxes for from the landlord, which he most likely gets by including it into the monthly rent anyways....

Counter argument for that one?
 6 years ago '04        #123
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
yes its 2012,and a fu*kin shame that a woman is in jail ova education.obama isnt a black president.he's half white.talk that black sh*t if martin lawrence becomes president.what has obama done for black people that u in here callin his name?

[video - click to view]

So this wasn't you 4 years ago?

[video - click to view]

fu*k outta here man keep it 100 and stop lying to yourself. sh*t is really sad. Now 4 years later because he's gonna go down as one of the worst presidents in the history of this nation... he's "half white"

I'm really over here

Last edited by notoriousthugzz; 04-25-2012 at 01:03 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #124
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,829 | Props total: 4803 4803
 Alf said:
Paying the taxes in your district is what entitles you to have a resident of your home go to the school of that district. So, if a grandparent lives in school district A's city, their grandchild would be permitted to go to that school, so long as that house was their permanent address. If you have a child some day, or have a niece or nephew, and they live with you permanently, they could go to the school your taxes contribute to. It is what a lot of people did to go to my high school, and while I was there it was a non-issue.

Additionally, your taxes go to better the school, which in turn drives up the home values for that district. It is known that better schools equal better home values in the district. So, you are also benefitting in the sense that your home's value isn't dropping as rapidly as the home values in your surrounding area.

Lastly, as far as renters go. The owner of the apartment/house pays all the taxes on the unit that a homeowner would pay. If it is a single family home they pay single family property tax rates. If it is a multi-family home (duplex, condo. etc) they pay a multi family rate, as if each family's unit is its own domicile. It is the same idea as having a grandparent live in that city, only the landlord is the grandparent. Your permanent address is the landlords "property" which the city is receiving taxes for from the landlord, which he most likely gets by including it into the monthly rent anyways....

america has tha most confusin tax laws in tha world.my mom is a landlord and u can file single fam,2 family,etc etc.tax rate goes up or down of course,but either way,their is no way she could include that in tha rent.it would be unaffordable

but either way,education in this country is supposed to be a right,not a privilege.and i dont believe rights can be stolen
 6 years ago '04        #125
Alf 
space
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:

fu*k outta here man keep it 100 and stop lying to yourself. sh*t is really sad. Now 4 years later because he's gonna go down as one of the worst presidents in the history of this nation... he's "half white"

I'm really over here
Listen man, the logic is like this:

Obama is half white, he is not black. He is multiracial, not BLACK. Just because his skin looks black, that does not mean HE is black, society sees him as a WHITE man.

On the other hand.....

Zimmerman, even thought he is half hispanic, he looks WHITE, so we will say he is a white man who is benefitting from a white justice system......
 6 years ago '07        #126
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:

I'm really over here
dude this guy really post a jeezy vidu reachin for anything

no.wasnt me.i dont vote.and if i did,woulda voted for ron paul
 04-25-2012, 01:17 PM         #127
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Alf said:

I see you did not take into account the amount per child. Yes the owner of the apartment pays taxes, but not per child. They pay an amount equal to the value of the apartment, regardless of how many children live there. Same thing with personal residence. In the renter's case, the renter is not directly paying taxes either. How can you place a monetary value on a child going to school and charge someone with larceny when plenty of people are not paying the same amount? An apartment may have 50 children living in it, yet the property tax only equals to 10 children for instance. That is my point. You cannot counter that with any facts. To charge someone with a fixed amount of stolen value makes no sense when other people are not paying that same fixed amount per child. Or does the fixed amount only come into play when you do not live in the area and do not pay anything at all as well?

As for property value...trust me, a school district does not increase the value by much. Especially if you already had to pay a lot for the home in the first place. The current housing market is not benefiting me at all if I wanted to sell. And I live in one of the best school districts in my area. That is not much of a perk. People make it seem like it is, but that is only true if the housing market is as inflated as it was before the crash. Also if I have no plans of ever selling my home, it just f*cks me by constantly increasing the property tax amount.

As for the bold part, why should it matter if my niece or nephew lives with me? I am paying property tax. The school is receiving my money. I should be able to send my niece to that school regardless if she lives with me. I rather my money pay for her than some stranger's child. But I do not have that choice. I accept it because we live in a society and as such I accept paying for services I do not use.

Police said McDowell stole $15,686 worth of ‘free’ educational services from Norwalk.

So if we multiply that amount by the number of children in an apartment or house and subtract the tax money, they better all equal zero. Of course this is not true, some homes will be paying a lot more, like me. Some homes/apartment will be paying a lot less. Should the homes paying a lot less be charged with larceny then for the left over amount? How can you charge someone with larceny and add a fixed value when not everyone living in that district is paying that fixed value per child in property tax. That is my point. This charge is illogical. They should have just made a law against sending your child to a different school district, not charge them with larceny and attach a monetary value.

The whole point is that there is no fixed amount per child charged to everyone living in the school district and has a child enrolled. This is not a private school. So how can you charge someone with stealing a fixed amount of monetary value?

You did not even comment on the problem with the whole education system. Public education should be the same no matter where you live. Why should kids be penalized for growing up in a poor neighborhood? If a rich school has projectors and nice screens, than the poor school should have the same. Private education I completely understand, but public education should be the same across the board.

Last edited by xeduran; 04-25-2012 at 01:33 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #128
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
Poor white trash? How did you convey me getting kicked out of college and having to go to a halfway house into poor white trash?

All I'm doing is proving wrong Dos-Effect's label of me as some spoiled white suburban kid who has no interaction with african-americans or any other race for that matter. Once again here you are labeling me and adding sh*t that your simple mind want's to think. It's quite comical

And no, I don't find sympathy for her, as I don't want sympathy for me having to had stay in a halfway house for 3 months over a possession charge of 5 grams. I broke the law, as she did (this is not a dispute about weed or drug laws, thats an entirely different discussion..) and thus she should face the same consequences as I did. It's people like you that want to try and justify that she broke the law because she was homeless. Well Why was she homeless? I'd certainly like to hear that side of the story... I'm sure you will just blame the white man like the rest of you self hating blacks in here.
i agree.she should face tha same as u.3 months in a 1/2 way house for tha drugs,not 5 years in jail for grand larceny
where did u see me say that?i'll wait..
who tha fu*k knows
tha white man is an easy target
 6 years ago '04        #129
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
dude this guy really post a jeezy vidu reachin for anything

no.wasnt me.i dont vote.and if i did,woulda voted for ron paul
I would say me posting a jeezy vid is about as relevant to this case as you talking about rick santorum as a hero Would you agree?

And on some real to saying you would vote for ron paul, the first intelligent comment you've made in this thread... about time
 6 years ago '04        #130
space
space
 Alf said:
Listen man, the logic is like this:

Obama is half white, he is not black. He is multiracial, not BLACK. Just because his skin looks black, that does not mean HE is black, society sees him as a WHITE man.

On the other hand.....

Zimmerman, even thought he is half hispanic, he looks WHITE, so we will say he is a white man who is benefitting from a white justice system......
 6 years ago '04        #131
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
i agree.she should face tha same as u.3 months in a 1/2 way house for tha drugs,not 5 years in jail for grand larceny
where did u see me say that?i'll wait..
who tha fu*k knows
tha white man is an easy target
I didn't have a grand larceny charge though.... she did... So how can she get sentenced to the same penalty that I did when we don't have the same charges

Also, I had one possession charge, she had 4 sales charges... once again entirely different charges.
 6 years ago '04        #132
Alf 
space
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
america has tha most confusin tax laws in tha world.my mom is a landlord and u can file single fam,2 family,etc etc.tax rate goes up or down of course,but either way,their is no way she could include that in tha rent.it would be unaffordable

but either way,education in this country is supposed to be a right,not a privilege.and i dont believe rights can be stolen
Not if people live within their means. If the taxes on a duplex total $2,400/year, it would split to $1,200/unit. If you spread that to the rent, it would be an increase of $100 month. Now, if someone can't afford that $100, that is understandable. But, the odds are that due to that persons economic state, they should be living in a less expensive area. That less expensive area would naturally have lower tax rates, where a single unit in a duplex may be taxed only $1,000 year. Then the tax would be $83 of the rent. And that pattern can continue.

Also, ask your mom. I am sure that the tax is already included into the equation when they decided on the monthly rent
 6 years ago '07        #133
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 King856 said:
so go outside and do something. only a pus*y would bi*ch on the net
who's bi*chin?u made a statement.i responded
 6 years ago '07        #134
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
I didn't have a grand larceny charge though.... she did... So how can she get sentenced to the same penalty that I did when we don't have the same charges

Also, I had one possession charge, she had 4 sales charges... once again entirely different charges.
and tha grand larceny charge is tha issue,u keep deflectin to her drugs.nice try tho
 6 years ago '08        #135
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1
i agree with the black folks on this one, sh*ts bullsh*t, i would do the same thing with my kids, the other sh*t she was doing ya she needs to do the time for the possession and dealing but the school sh*t shouldnt have even been brought up in court....

Last edited by L.A's HiGhEsT; 04-25-2012 at 01:51 PM..
 04-25-2012, 01:51 PM         #136
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nobody should even have to do this. Public schools should all be the same. One school should not have the latest and greatest in technology while the other school barely has books that aren't falling apart. It is disgusting that a public service is provided so poorly to the less fortunate and so richly to the more fortunate.

I would prefer the states increase their sales tax or income tax and spread the money around evenly then the system they have now. They probably would get more money as well if it were taken out of everybody's income or sales tax.

Let people send their kids to private schools if they want a school with a boatload of money. Spread the public school money around evenly.
 6 years ago '07        #137
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 King856 said:
not saying your bi*ching, I'm talking about the southern black people that cry racism on the net then go outside and shut up because they're scared
their isnt anything to be scared of or nothin really to do.i was just bringin understandin as to why southern black men are tha way they are
 04-25-2012, 01:58 PM         #138
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King856 said:
I agree but theres no way a rich family is gonna pay for a broke family's education. one group of people pay more in taxes they expect preferential treatment.
This is why you stop using property tax and change it to sales/income tax. If everybody is paying the same percentage in sales/income tax, nobody can complain. Rich and middle income people can still live in nicer houses and not have to pay the higher property taxes. You can collect a lot more money if you increase the sales/income tax and use that increase for schools. Plus you can use the money wisely instead of having the richer schools have Ipads. Ipads are not necessary in schools. Rich schools have so much money that they just spend it frivolously. You would be surprised at the amount of money some of these schools spend. The schools in my district spend money left and right on a bunch of unnecessary stuff.
 6 years ago '07        #139
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Alf said:
Not if people live within their means. If the taxes on a duplex total $2,400/year, it would split to $1,200/unit. If you spread that to the rent, it would be an increase of $100 month. Now, if someone can't afford that $100, that is understandable. But, the odds are that due to that persons economic state, they should be living in a less expensive area. That less expensive area would naturally have lower tax rates, where a single unit in a duplex may be taxed only $1,000 year. Then the tax would be $83 of the rent. And that pattern can continue.

Also, ask your mom. I am sure that the tax is already included into the equation when they decided on the monthly rent
yes but this not tha root of this issue.tha root is stealin somethin that is supposed to be free

not here in nyc

well,market dictates.she sets her rates based on everybody elses
 04-25-2012, 02:02 PM         #140
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King856 said:
they bi*ch on the net, so maybe they should except theres nothing they can do and stop bi*ching
For every closed ear f*g who comes on this board to oppose blacks......there is one open minded white person or black person who come in to threads with unbiased views....and actually get something from it......I mean I dont think anyone would care if you got it.......hell I think most just pray you know how to use a condom......but your opinion on this matter is so minor and unimportant its almost laughable.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy