Apr 24 - Homeless mother who sent 6y.o. son to better school in the wrong town jailed for 5 years

most viewed right now
 137
Image(s) inside well damn Young Ma looking more swole than 95% of you niggas
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 118
NBA We can all write the ending to this story, he's gone
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 99
Pusha T Song leak snippet and Kanye verse
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 77
Image(s) inside A Nice Palmed Sized Moroccan Ass
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 04-24-2012, 04:41 AM         #1
10649 pageviews
274 comments


ProfitSee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apr 24 - Homeless mother who sent 6y.o. son to better school in the wrong town jailed for 5 years
 

 

[pic - click to view]



A mother who pleaded guilty to fraudulently enrolling her six-year-old son in the wrong school district has been sentenced to five years in prison.
Tonya McDowell sent her son to an elementary school in Norwalk, Connecticut, instead of her home city of Bridgeport.
The 34-year-old, who was homeless when she was charged with felony larceny last year, said she wanted the best education possible for the boy.
McDowell last week entered her plea at Norwalk Superior Court under the Alford Doctrine, which means she does not admit guilt but concedes the state has enough evidence to convict her.
Authorities told the hearing that she used a babysitter’s address to enroll her son in kindergarten in Norwalk when he should have attended schools in Bridgeport, her last permanent address.
Her case drew national attention and support from civil rights leaders and other advocates who wanted the charge dismissed.
McDowell told police she was living in a van and occasionally slept at a Norwalk shelter or a friend’s Bridgeport apartment when she enrolled her son Norwalk’s Brookside Elementary School.
Police said McDowell stole $15,686 worth of ‘free’ educational services from Norwalk.
She also pleaded guilty to four counts of sale of narcotics, which will be included in her prison sentence.
In a separate case, she pleaded guilty on February 7 to selling drugs.
McDowell’s lawyer, Darnell Crosland, said she agreed to accept a plea bargain rather than continue f!ghting the charges even though she insists she is not guilty.
Mr Crosland said: ‘You shouldn’t be arrested for stealing a free education. It’s just wrong.’
McDowell was sentenced to 12 years in jail, suspended after she serves five years, and five years probation.


[pic - click to view]

 Source

274 comments for "Apr 24 - Homeless mother who sent 6y.o. son to better school in the wrong town jailed for 5 years"

 04-24-2012, 04:59 AM         #2
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is why I feel the way I feel....she was just trying to make it.....far from innocent,but not the criminal they wanted her to be. She went to jail for stealing free public education .....5 years.....but she was homeless with no address.....and if he son did not go to school she would have lost him to the state.....can't find work in a recession...so she did what she had to do......and this is the country so many of you call fair?.......This is bullsh*t......
 6 years ago '10        #3
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
avatar space
space
$10,105 | Props total: 8291 8291
 Dos-effect said:
This is why I feel the way I feel....she was just trying to make it.....far from innocent,but not the criminal they wanted her to be. She went to jail for stealing free public education .....5 years.....but she was homeless with no address.....and if he son did not go to school she would have lost him to the state.....can't find work in a recession...so she did what she had to do......and this is the country so many of you call fair?.......This is bullsh*t......
just so you know. every other country in the entire world thinks the us is completely fu*ked.

not like 3rd world fu*ked up.

like, stupid, ignorant, uneducated fu*ked up.
 6 years ago '11        #4
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,431 | Props total: 438 438
Wow thid messed up my day. Smh.. Please release this mother from jail.
 6 years ago '04        #5
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
avatar space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
people need to stop with this bullsh*t she didn't get 5 years for sending her kid to a school out of district she got 5 years for the narcotics sale. I bet if she didnt have the narcotics charges this wouldn't have been an issue.........
 04-24-2012, 07:27 AM         #6
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jlandryst said:
people need to stop with this bullsh*t she didn't get 5 years for sending her kid to a school out of district she got 5 years for the narcotics sale. I bet if she didnt have the narcotics charges this wouldn't have been an issue.........
Read the article n*gga
 6 years ago '04        #7
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
avatar space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
 Dos-effect said:
Read the article n*gga
She also pleaded guilty to four counts of sale of narcotics, which will be included in her prison sentence.
In a separate case, she pleaded guilty on February 7 to selling drugs.
you read the article...smh
 04-24-2012, 07:50 AM         #8
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jlandryst said:
you read the article...smh
Yes and even from what you posted it stated it was a seperate case.........but the time was included...she went to jail primarily or what the whole article was about, not the selling drugs part..... was a factor......but your just focusing on that aspect to justify the matter.....and really there is no justification.


Last edited by Dos-effect; 04-24-2012 at 07:59 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #9
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 jlandryst said:
people need to stop with this bullsh*t she didn't get 5 years for sending her kid to a school out of district she got 5 years for the narcotics sale. I bet if she didnt have the narcotics charges this wouldn't have been an issue.........



Truth of the matter is that she is gonna serve time for selling dope AND for stealing education for her son. They didn't drop those charges and sentenced her accordingly.
 04-24-2012, 08:43 AM         #10
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
Truth of the matter is that she is gonna serve time for selling dope AND for stealing education for her son. They didn't drop those charges and sentenced her accordingly.
So you can go to jail for stealing free public education though?

Not a private school FREE SCHOOL........do you think this is because she is black at all.......or this charged is trumped or.....or the state is trying to send a message that not all kids to deserve the same grade of education.....
 04-24-2012, 08:54 AM         #11
pabloescobarjr  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ public schools aren't free tho. you gotta pay taxes to live in the town as the school and those taxes pay for the education. if you don't live there then you don't pay taxes and the other people have to pay for your kid.
 6 years ago '05        #12
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 pabloescobarjr said:
^ public schools aren't free tho. you gotta pay taxes to live in the town as the school and those taxes pay for the education. if you don't live there then you don't pay taxes and the other people have to pay for your kid.
This

I mean yeah, 5 years is rediculous for this, even with the drug sales... hell it started at a 12 year sentence.

But its not a free education if you don't live there, if you aren't payin taxes there then you have to pay for him to go there.

Still rediculous...
 6 years ago '05        #13
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 Dos-effect said:
So you can go to jail for stealing free public education though?

Not a private school FREE SCHOOL........do you think this is because she is black at all.......or this charged is trumped or.....or the state is trying to send a message that not all kids to deserve the same grade of education.....


Since when was school free? learn how the state/government works bro..
 04-24-2012, 09:33 AM         #14
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
This

I mean yeah, 5 years is rediculous for this, even with the drug sales... hell it started at a 12 year sentence.

But its not a free education if you don't live there, if you aren't payin taxes there then you have to pay for him to go there.

Still rediculous...
So what about the baby sitter who payed taxes? Who the child was registered at her address? You can find alot of angles to justify but in all honesty you have to admit this is bullsh*t, which you did. Most times there is a grey area......this is just plain wrong there is no grey area.
 04-24-2012, 09:34 AM         #15
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 .Hafestos. said:


Since when was school free? learn how the state/government works bro..
Since its not a PRIVATE FUNDED SCHOOL.....or was your mother paying a premium for you to go to your school...........you cats will come up with anything to justify blatant unequality displayed right in front of your eyes.


Last edited by Dos-effect; 04-24-2012 at 09:37 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #16
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 Dos-effect said:
So what about the baby sitter who payed taxes? Who the child was registered at her address? You can find alot of angles to justify but in all honesty you have to admit this is bullsh*t, which you did. Most times there is a grey area......this is just plain wrong there is no grey area.
The babysitters house wasn't their residence and they didn't pay taxes there

Basically you're saying its cool if I want my kids to go to a different school all I have to do is write down an address from that town and I'm good to go.

Which is wrong because it fu*ks up the whole "free" education thing.

I agreed 5 years was too much, even with the drug charges, but to act like there's no issue here is wrong too.
 6 years ago '05        #17
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 Dos-effect said:
Since its not a PRIVATE FUNDED SCHOOL.....or was your mother paying a premium for you to go to your school...........you cats will come up with anything to justify blatant unequality displayed right in front of your eyes.
And you'll argue over something your wrong about til you're red in the face.

Public education isn't free, you must live in the town to send your kids there... your taxes you pay in that town go to your childs education. If your not a resident than the rest of the town is left to cover your kids education.

So keep thinking education is "free" all you want. But either way your paying for it.
 04-24-2012, 10:00 AM         #18
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
The babysitters house wasn't their residence and they didn't pay taxes there

Basically you're saying its cool if I want my kids to go to a different school all I have to do is write down an address from that town and I'm good to go.

Which is wrong because it fu*ks up the whole "free" education thing.

I agreed 5 years was too much, even with the drug charges, but to act like there's no issue here is wrong too.
What issue? A homeless mother trying to send her kids to school? Its not like any school would have had the same problem, She was homeless she had no address. But the real problem is she sent her child to a better school then what I guess the figured the child deserved to go to. I mean who puts an dollar amount on Free Public school......for not even a full school year, what was it 13,000. Who pays 13,000 a year to send their child to a public school....taxes or no taxes.........your taking on that conservative approach......that right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of the facts of the situation
 6 years ago '06        #19
tpoker 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,443 | Props total: 203 203
actual jail time? did she have priors?
 6 years ago '05        #20
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 Freemind said:
And you'll argue over something your wrong about til you're red in the face.

Public education isn't free, you must live in the town to send your kids there... your taxes you pay in that town go to your childs education. If your not a resident than the rest of the town is left to cover your kids education.

So keep thinking education is "free" all you want. But either way your paying for it.
or your not, and its illegal



At first though I was like who gives a sh*t, the kid deserves an education, then I heard the drug sh*t and was like fu*k this broad, I wish the kid the best of luck, and hopefully he gets taken care of, but maybe if she wasnt a crack head I'd have sympathy for her...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
77 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
142 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Steph unveils the new Curry V Low, Finally a good looking Curry shoe?
41 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside May 22 - Here’s how money is destroying the world and the people livin..
46 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 13
Donald Glover Backs Lando's Sexuality: 'How Can You Not Be Pansexual in Space?'
114 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Sony CEO: “The PlayStation 4 Is Entering The Final Phase Of Its Life C..
142 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy