Apr 23 - Photo of students hitting piñata sparks Facebook controversy

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-24-2012, 08:34 PM         #41
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:

Who the fu*k buys a Pinata in the form of a person though?

I never seen that sh*t before.
Lmao! Yo not for nothin' but that fuhked me up too tho! Ain't it usually like a donkey or some sh*t?
It's not racist its just creepy as hell.
 6 years ago '05        #42
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
 Chest Rockwell said:
except in reality it could be nothing more than kids playing -- such as what we see here -- yet you choose to infer racism and get upset over a kids game, claiming it's a reflection of media mistreatment of black women...? youre taking an otherwise legitimate theory to an absurd extreme

edit: what reppin da burghh said... what happened to beatin the sh*t out of a donkey
maybe I am taking it to an extreme all I know is black kids aren't raised to hate white people. while there are a lot of white kids, not all, raised to hate blacks or at least stereotype them. Yes, it could be just a "playful game" but in the South, where the KKK is still rampant and Confederate flags still soar, of course black people would take it personally. there's no telling if the kids would just be wanting candy, or are being taught to hate black folk. Do I care ? Not really. I'm just saying why it WOULD be taken to the extreme if it was the other way around.

Sammyboi22 said:
What if a bunch of white kids were beating a black pinata? Would that be cool? I personally dont give a fu*k that its white. I didnt even see that it was a white pinata. Im just saying some people are sensitive as fu*k about race. I saw what the fu*k I want when I want too and to be honest usually I dont offend people. But some are just so sensitive that no matter what is said they can find something about it to blow out of proportion.
Black people have a reason to be sensitive about race. White people don't.

kold107 said:
fixed
thanks for proving my point lol. ain't nothing "goddess" about white women. and a beautiful black woman will always look better than some pale-faced "beautiful" white woman. Except of course, to small d!cked individuals who won't even get a second look from a strong, loyal black woman in the first place. -cues Ice Cube - Horny Lil' Devil-
 6 years ago '09        #43
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,394 | Props total: 632 632
 Martel said:

Black people have a reason to be sensitive about race. White people don't.

-
I get what your trying to say but you aren't going to accomplish anything wit your stance

Everyones gota move past this whole black oppression ish.. Why not build on the future instead of dwell and bring up everything from the past

We live in a new era way past slavery and all that lets just make it better instead of still being bitter about the past ... It doesn't help the situation
 6 years ago '05        #44
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,617 | Props total: 1690 1690
HOLY fu*k THE UNITED STATES IS SERIOUSLY FULL OF PUSSIES!!

God, is there anything that happens that doesnt offend someone or get someone to scream racism???
 6 years ago '05        #45
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
 HennyHeat said:
I get what your trying to say but you aren't going to accomplish anything wit your stance

Everyones gota move past this whole black oppression ish.. Why not build on the future instead of dwell and bring up everything from the past

We live in a new era way past slavery and all that lets just make it better instead of still being bitter about the past ... It doesn't help the situation
why can't black people live in the past while white people can? The same ideas from slavery are still used by white people. Why else would they still call us ******s and coons? They still fly their confederate flags, they still feel we're beasts. We're still harassed by police, white women still clutch their purses when we enter the elevator, we are still considered inferior. We are still suspicious. Again not to all white people..

There aren't a lot of black people who are still bitter about the past. I only see black people bring up the past when faced with racist antics of white people. If we were still angry about the past we would have been left this white country. Instead, we try our hardest to be accepted in hope that one day we will all be equal. But as long as white people continue to perpetrate the same hate their ancestors had against our black males and females, we will continue to f!ght back, whether that involves discussion about slavery or not. And I see nothing wrong with that.
 04-24-2012, 09:40 PM         #46
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FalconBuddha said:
HOLY fu*k THE UNITED STATES IS SERIOUSLY FULL OF PUSSIES!!

God, is there anything that happens that doesnt offend someone or get someone to scream racism???
EXACTLY.

This goes for both blacks and whites, and those in between.

the liberal, politically correct, anxiety driven agenda in this country is a huge contributing factor in the downfall of this country and it threatens freedom of speech, freedom of opinion, just freedom in general.

while the conservative extreme right wing war hawks have ruined our foreign relations, the liberal extreme left have ruined us socially from the inside.
 04-24-2012, 09:48 PM         #47
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Martel said:
why can't black people live in the past while white people can? The same ideas from slavery are still used by white people. Why else would they still call us ******s and coons? They still fly their confederate flags, they still feel we're beasts. We're still harassed by police, white women still clutch their purses when we enter the elevator, we are still considered inferior. We are still suspicious. Again not to all white people..

There aren't a lot of black people who are still bitter about the past. I only see black people bring up the past when faced with racist antics of white people. If we were still angry about the past we would have been left this white country. Instead, we try our hardest to be accepted in hope that one day we will all be equal. But as long as white people continue to perpetrate the same hate their ancestors had against our black males and females, we will continue to f!ght back, whether that involves discussion about slavery or not. And I see nothing wrong with that.
I see where you're coming from but this line doesn't fly with me. How is that so when the first sign of a black person being accepted by whites or by doing anything "white like" they are called an Uncle Tom or a ****? That's the other thing about your statement. I haven't heard a white person say **** in... well maybe never. I've heard many a black person call other blacks **** though...

Whether you want to admit it or not, there's a large faction of the black race that wants nothing to do with "white society" and do whatever they can to separate and make it known, including calling out anyone of their race who appears to be acclimating to mainstream society.

You are right about a lot of white's opinions of blacks though, there is also a higher percentage than you would know who have "white guilt" and do whatever they can to try and prove their not racist to outrageous amounts. Both approaches are a huge failure in race relations.

Honestly, in the end, unless everyone starts to become the same color and appearance via mixed race procreation racism will always exist because it's a natural reaction for an animal to trust one that looks more like them over one that doesn't. As humans we try and deny that we are animals but truth is we're only very intelligent animals, but we're still animals.
 6 years ago '08        #48
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 Staszy said:
coming from the guy you see in every race war thread. GTFO..
You mad because it's the truth? The race card jig is up for white America, the internet has exposed white Americans for being some of the biggest race complainers in the US whether it's complaining about absolutely trivial bullsh*t like affirmative action, black history month, mexican immigration, jesse jackson, and a slew of other overblown issues. Some of these people are so petty minded that in a country that has had MAJOR social issues such as slavery, jim crow, genocide, and internment camps, their biggest racial concern remains, "why do black people have BET and we dont have WET?".
 6 years ago '08        #49
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1
 Fras1788 said:
Cmonnn, we know black people complain about mexicans, whites and Chinese people more than anyone. While the Chinese are too busy complaining about black people and Mexicans. Mexicans complain about the Chinese and black people as well as whites, while whites complain about them all.

Man it's a fu*ked up place we live in.

Everyone get along and stop complaining!

(Yeah right)
prob the realist thing ive heard in boxden in awhile
 6 years ago '04        #50
Menace718 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,611 | Props total: 722 722
Everyone in here talking about racism, I see beating up women. Keep at it kids, keep at it
 6 years ago '04        #51
RIAA 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,982 | Props total: 1752 1752
 khaos said:

[pic - click to view]

A photo posted on Facebook showing a group of boys on the University of Memphis campus hitting a piñata shaped like a woman has gotten a lot of attention.

A papier mache hula girl is at the center of the controversy. The photo shows a group of African American grade-schoolers about to hit her.

"It didn't look right, just because of the social climate we're in right now," said University of Memphis student Veronica Birmingham.

Birmingham took the photo on campus Thursday. The piñata was part of an annual luau organized by the Residence Hall Council, to which school children are invited.

"How could somebody be so insensitive and not realize this might cause an issue?" asked Birmingham.

Birmingham sent the photo to a friend who posted it on Facebook.

"She said it blew up in seconds," said Birmingham. "Everybody was like, wow, how did this happen?"

Some on Facebook called it "reverse racism." Another commenter said, "somebody needs to be fired." Others thought the picture sent a message that it is OK to beat up women.

Not everyone is offended by the photo.

"I mean, really? I never would have thought anything like that until you brought it up," said University of Memphis student Mallory Gary. "They're just hitting a piñata, just having fun."

The controversy prompted the university's residence life director to issue a statement Friday, saying in part, "the photograph taken out of context may be disconcerting, but we want to a.ssure our community that no racial or gender animosity was intended."

Birmingham believes piñatas should, perhaps, not be made to look like people or animals.

[pic - click to view]

People on Facebook seriously need to STFU!
 04-25-2012, 01:02 AM         #52
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
white complain about racism more than anybody

those mothafu*kas got it made in this country....
 6 years ago '05        #53
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
If this was reversed people here would be claiming they were simulating lynchings.
 6 years ago '07        #54
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
as a white person I will say:

Swing away young one. Hit her in the c*nt.
 6 years ago '04        #55
turntabledj 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,569 | Props total: 69 69
Maaaan, them n*ggas just want some candy
 6 years ago '11        #56
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
lol, white people are getting fed up and are pulling the race card now.. ohhhhhh man, here we go.

im sure whoever bought the piñata was looking for a "white girl" piñata. im sure those kids trying to get candy are really thinking "we gotta beat this white woman"..

GTFOH.. the media is getting so much money off dumb, gullible people, sh*t its not even funny.

and all you dudes feeding into all this racism, yea all you racist blacks and whites on boxden that claim black people are this, or white people are this, 98% this (which is probably the dumbest sh*t ive ever heard).. youre all ignorant and bringing society down with that bullsh*t
 6 years ago '04        #57
Official 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 0 0
Our people were dehumanized and enslaved for hundreds of years

I see no problem with this

Its the equilvalent of a group of jewish kids bashing a nazi pinata

Reverse Racism doesnt exist...We were hated , exploited and treated like animals simply because we looked different.

The hate for white people actually stems from a real place. the hate for white people stems from the horrible things that were done to our familys for literally hundreds of years.

If a jewish person hates a nazi is that reverse racism?
 04-25-2012, 11:42 AM         #58
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Offical said:
Our people were dehumanized and enslaved for hundreds of years

I see no problem with this

Its the equilvalent of a group of jewish kids bashing a nazi pinata

Reverse Racism doesnt exist...We were hated , exploited and treated like animals simply because we looked different.

The hate for white people actually stems from a real place. the hate for white people stems from the horrible things that were done to our familys for literally hundreds of years.

If a jewish person hates a nazi is that reverse racism?

[pic - click to view]

Good point, but you do know Africans and Arabs enslaved between 1-1.25 million white Europeans in North Africa and the Ottoman Empire for more than 700 years before the slave trade in the Americas in between the 16th and 19th century right?

Obviously, in America, whites weren't in slavery so your point stands, but could this of been a reason for the whites back in the day having black slaves? (also don't forget it was Africans who sold their own to the Europeans who were colonizing the Americas, it doesn't discredit blame from the whites, but it's not like they went to Africa and abducted blacks to enslave them in the Americas.) Who knows, but blacks weren't the only slaves, in the grand scope of things, all races have been enslaved and the slave trade in America was the shortest of all throughout the world. That doesn't discredit it's wrongfulness, and it obviously was completely a crime in humanity, but it's a very small sample of a much larger picture of slavery in the world. America is very, very young.

Last edited by Got Cheeve?; 04-25-2012 at 11:46 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #59
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
 carltouss619 said:
lol at reverse racism

what is that?
how ironic that th ppl whom started racism decade after decade and stll practice it complain about racism now. Thats stormfront and their plea.
No such thing as reverse racism, point blank. Get mad. :dancingcool: Maybe returned racism?
 fyfe905 said:
wut the fu*k is "reverse" racism...Ha
 Martel said:

BINGO
 6 years ago '05        #60
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,840 | Props total: 9792 9792
why did they have to be african american kids though from the very first linem it couldnt of just said a group of male students hitting a pinata in the shape of a woman and call it a day, besides shorty could be redbone or spanish, they still gettin hit with the pipe
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago