Kobe on guarding Westbrook

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
165 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 Bob Sacamano said:
I would contend that the only reason for most of what you said is because he has been forced into the role of a point guard. You're saying he "doesn't have a half court game" Doesnt have a close to mid-range game?

"Doesn't play off the ball AT ALL"

NO sh*t! HE BRINGS THE BALL UP EVERY fu*kING POSSESSION OF EVERY 4th QUARTER!

A good coach needs to intervene and explain exactly what Westbrook's talents lend themselves to in the NBA, which is a potent scorer at the shooting-guard position. He will carve his own unique position in that role, but to say he's incapable is ludicrous and flat out wrong, you are just so used to seeing him bring the ball up for this team you don't realize his potential.

He brings the ball up, and DOESN'T PASS, but instead drives to score/shoots a jumper like 75% of the time. That's a point guard? fu*k nah, he has been forced into the wrong position, maybe its necessary because their roster doesn't have anyone else but don't deny the facts.
you are implying he has an arsenal he just doesnt use. do you know how hard kobe bryant, ray allen and dwyane wade work on their games just so they can use it in games. russell is who is he is at this point, he can get more range and be a most consistent shooter but at this point he isnt makin much more strides in areas of the game. i will say that he is more deadly bringing up the ball because of how he can just use all of that space to accelerate, whereas in a halfcourt set now you have to rely on a different skill set. in the nba do you realize all low iq teams and young teams push the ball? the reason is because it is very hard to score in the half court against most nba teams and you have to have certain skills to do it. the miami heat have 3 players who average over 20 points for their careers and struggle in the half court. russell is very good but he will be better being defended by the small guard who he usually dominates size, speed and strength wise.
 6 years ago '11        #82
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #83
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 Young Fab said:
Kobe was lockin up Westbrook the whole entire game especially in dis play

Boy yall aint see Beezy force him to miss dat uncontested dunk........ GOAT defender

[pic - click to view]

04-23-2012, 07:43 PM         #84
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
you are implying he has an arsenal he just doesnt use. do you know how hard kobe bryant, ray allen and dwyane wade work on their games just so they can use it in games. russell is who is he is at this point, he can get more range and be a most consistent shooter but at this point he isnt makin much more strides in areas of the game. i will say that he is more deadly bringing up the ball because of how he can just use all of that space to accelerate, whereas in a halfcourt set now you have to rely on a different skill set. in the nba do you realize all low iq teams and young teams push the ball? the reason is because it is very hard to score in the half court against most nba teams and you have to have certain skills to do it. the miami heat have 3 players who average over 20 points for their careers and struggle in the half court. russell is very good but he will be better being defended by the small guard who he usually dominates size, speed and strength wise.
Ok, if you say so. I guess I think more of him than you do...

You think his skills could not translate to the 2 guard position, because why? Because he doesn't have the entire court as a running start for his drives? Mmkayy....
 6 years ago '05        #85
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 Kasssssst said:
I would a.ssume Ebanks would get the starting role, and Barnes would def be off the bench.

Westbrook got locked up by Kobe. I watched the game and everyone else did, it had nothing to do with a bad shooting night for Westbrook, Kobe locked him. Ebanks played great defense on Durant, but all it is, is about how Durant missed his shots he would usually make No Ebanks played good tight (pause) defense on KD.

So if by bragging we shouldn't brag about a SF guarding a point guard in a playoff series, now should we?
 Ldogg310 said:
How can you discredit Kobe for the work he did against westbrook???

Like seriously, he did a great job and was the main and only reason we won this game.

Can we do it for 7 games? Maybe/Maybe not. But who cares we did it yesterday.

Stop fu*kin hating all the time, Lakers arent even the biggest threat this year and STILL get the most outlanding hate when we win.

Does it hurt your soul that even though kobe slow down compared to previous years he's still good enough to get the job done?

What is it really? I'm critical of Kobe a lot, especially this season, but surprisingly Kobe has learned and is using his teammates more and isnt forcing bad shots so much. I'm hella impressed because I didnt think he had it in him, but he is playing great even when we lost to the spurs.

Give credit where credit is due, if you can gobble lebron, you can give Kobe his just dues.

No homo.
 A.G said:
Yet Westbrook himself and his coach acknowledged that Kobe's defense on Westbrook was what threw him off.

Who am I supposed to believe? The anecdotal evidence of an internet solider or the first hand account of a coach and player?

So you can either track it to make your point or keep quiet.

Cambury said:
Philly dude who loves Miami is funny...you expose yourself for not knowing defense and then you expose yourself for loving Bron as much as Savannah. How you say Bron lockdown all these player then not give Kobe credit. Mind you Durant is getting in the paint at will and Kobe is keeping Westbrook from getting in the paint whether to score or create for teammates.

You soft duke, you soft

EDIT: oh and you ignore this like you did the last few people who mentioned it. Your opinion has become irrelevant
 Chip Tha Ripper said:
Exactly what LeBron stans and Miami fans do
 chenkcity said:
yup... they always point to how good bron is when he d'ed rose up now all the sudden its an issue.

and @okc fans acknowledging that westbrick consistently has off nights against the lakers when kobe guards him but some how it has nothing to do with kobes defense. people on here contradict themselves within the same sentence.
 chenkcity said:
kobe str8 up harassed that lil man.
 slimdogg3325 said:

kobe h'lights and d'fense for anyone who cares
 PG-13 said:

Most were bricked wide open shots, and did I see a wide open missed dunk?
n*gga stfu my god u need to get a life. do u know anything about basketball he locked him up made it real ruff for west all damn nite its clear . and still had the energy to win the game. Hill played great help D but kobe was all over that n*gga. wtf haters dont even make sense these days
 6 years ago '08        #86
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
lol this n*gga said 1 knee.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #87
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 Bob Sacamano said:
Ok, if you say so. I guess I think more of him than you do...

You think his skills could not translate to the 2 guard position, because why? Because he doesn't have the entire court as a running start for his drives? Mmkayy....
even though he is a combo guard, he just cant be full time shooting guard. he has spent his whole life playing a certain style and he will be well past his prime before he can master anything else.

its just like lebron...he is one of the best passers in the league but could never be a fulltime point guard. the position is more than just rackin up a.ssists, you have to be able to control tempo, run a half court set, spot up, run a pick and roll. not to mention he picks up his dribble entirely too much. but the point is westbrook may can score at the point guard position in an uptempo game but he does not have the skill set that most scoring shooting guards have to have to play the position.

i dont know how old Russell Westbrook is but at 17 years old Kobe Bryant was a better shooting guard than Russell could be now...think about that.
 6 years ago '06        #88
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
Kobe the GOAT
 6 years ago '11        #89
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #90
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
n*gga stfu my god u need to get a life. do u know anything about basketball he locked him up made it real ruff for west all damn nite its clear . and still had the energy to win the game. Hill played great help D but kobe was all over that n*gga. wtf haters dont even make sense these days

you talking to me? or all those people you quoted
 6 years ago '06        #91
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
The GOAT Kobe shut him down no question about it
 04-24-2012, 03:11 AM         #92
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chenkcity said:
ebanks was a great defender in college and still is... with artests looming suspension i wonder if mike brown is gonna start banks or barnes... i kinda like what barnes has been doing of the bench lately.
Mike Brown skipping Barnes to go with Ebanks when Kobe was out tells me he probably don't want to tamper with the flow of the bench unit. I'm expecting Ebanks to get the start.
 04-24-2012, 03:16 AM         #93
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 braided_uppimp said:
yea he did lock him down, n*gga never got any credit for it, all i heard on ESPN that Westbrook missed shots, but when Kobe shoots like sh*t, somebody shutting him down
exactly, not a single mention of Kobe's D. yet when other players guard Pau Gasol and he doesn't get the ball they show "highlight" packages of it all night long.
 04-24-2012, 03:21 AM         #94
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
Lol and in that series he didn't do sh*t..westbrook got open look after open look and was just missing (similar to yesterday)

Open 3 missed...tobe Bryant defense!?!?!?!

Westbrook missed drunk omgz!! Kobe defense iz masterful!?!?

bragging about guarding a point guard
So you think those shots he had yesterday were open other than the dunk he missed? Dude was off balance and sh*t trying to rush up shots before Kobe got back on the contest out of screen rolls. Kept him out the point almost the entire game. Bet money the n*gga won't make a high percentage of jump shots when the Lakers play them in round 2.
 04-24-2012, 03:25 AM         #95
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
And here's the actual playoff series thread...they was mad "thanks for the play by play espn" guy

They don't like when you point out facts you can't contest as their happening and can't go "look he shot 30% and kobe was guarding him...lockdown defense"

Gullible stans

fu*k does that have to do with last night. Westbrook couldn't shoot at the time why the fu*k would Kobe play up on him. You play the percentages like if Shaq was shooting 18 foot jumpers, you wouldn't go play up on him you let that n*gga fire away because he won't make many. And last game Kobe didn't play Westbrook like that because Westbrook has an improved mid range jump shot. Show me how Westbrook was getting open shots...I'll be waiting.
 04-24-2012, 05:38 AM         #96
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On one knee...... Kobe da god! Mvp, just give him another one already.
 6 years ago '06        #97
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,946 | Props total: 10597 10597
 SOCIALITE said:
fu*k does that have to do with last night. Westbrook couldn't shoot at the time why the fu*k would Kobe play up on him. You play the percentages like if Shaq was shooting 18 foot jumpers, you wouldn't go play up on him you let that n*gga fire away because he won't make many. And last game Kobe didn't play Westbrook like that because Westbrook has an improved mid range jump shot. Show me how Westbrook was getting open shots...I'll be waiting.
Because he was getting past Kobe just like in the playoff series...

As for showing you how just watch the video posted. It doesn't show every westbrook shot but it shows like 8 (all misses) and Kobe only got his hand in his face to disrupt his shot like two times. Kobe didn't play bad defense but he wasn't shutting down westbrook. They would set a pick and westbrook would get past Kobe and pull up with Kobe behind him and either miss an open shot or bynum would step up and get a hand in the face

Again kobe didn't play bad defense because its not like he can run through screens which they were running the whole game but to act like he was in front of him disrupting his shot every time is funny

I can break down every shot in that video if you like.....he didn't play bad defense but on the majority if misses he was irrelevant on why the shots were missed

Last edited by philly337; 04-24-2012 at 08:25 AM..
 04-24-2012, 09:28 AM         #98
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
You can tell some ppl know nothing about basket ball. "It wasn't Kobe's defense. He was getting open shots and just missing them" You ppl are hilarious. When was the last time you thought of Westbrook as a deadly jump shooter? His strength is using his quickness and acceleration to explode to the basket. As a defender, you try to take away his strength and force him into something he's less comfortable at. And that's what Bryant did. Stop the drive to the basket and force him to shoot jump shots.

Shot chart for Westbrook against the Lakers on March 29th

[pic - click to view]

Shot chart for Westbrook against the Lakers last night

[pic - click to view]

And yall gonna try to say Kobe wasn't locking him down

That still accounts for defense though! Westbrook is a lot quicker than Kobe, but for some reason Kobe was amped up on defense that night, even the announcers agreed. They were not wide open shots...if ya jumper is off; what do you do? Drive to the basket! Westbrook was not getting by Kobe on sunday. And he wasnt wide a.ss open all the time; Westbrook can blow by Kobe, split double teams etc... When Kobe was in his face Westbrook was still hesitant to drive.

The shot chart is irrelevant as it only shows offensive shots, vs defense stops.

Ill agree Kobe be chillin on defense sometimes, but not last Sunday night.

Kobe trippin on that one knee sh*t...lol. I'll have to go back and look at that.
 6 years ago '04        #99
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,543 | Props total: 2787 2787
Defense is more than getting a hand in the face though

For a guy like westbrook, to play defense sometimes you have to concede the outside J. . .you challenge it the best you can, which kobe did, but sometimes hes going to be able to get a shot off and get a clean look. Hes not Ray Allen, where the goal is to stick to him like glue and make sure he never gets a clean jumper

The goal is to keep westbrook from disrupting the entire defense. Keep him out the paint, force him into the waiting help defense, make him work harder than normal to bring the ball up or receive an inbounds pass, fu*k up his rhythm etc. . .all of this qualifies as good defense. Similar strategy applies to Derrick Rose

So when you watch westbrooks game, every time he tried to get into the paint basically he was either stopped by kobe and forced to give the ball up or he was forced into pau/bynum

The shots he took were generally jumpers, mostly long jumpers

OKC coach gave kobes defense a LOT of credit for westbrroks performance. The announcers noticed how Kobe was doing during the game

Masterful defensive performance by the GOAT
 6 years ago '11        #100
chenkcity 7 heat pts OP
space
space
$738 | Props total: 21 21
 abstractq said:
Defense is more than getting a hand in the face though

For a guy like westbrook, to play defense sometimes you have to concede the outside J. . .you challenge it the best you can, which kobe did, but sometimes hes going to be able to get a shot off and get a clean look. Hes not Ray Allen, where the goal is to stick to him like glue and make sure he never gets a clean jumper

The goal is to keep westbrook from disrupting the entire defense. Keep him out the paint, force him into the waiting help defense, make him work harder than normal to bring the ball up or receive an inbounds pass, fu*k up his rhythm etc. . .all of this qualifies as good defense. Similar strategy applies to Derrick Rose

So when you watch westbrooks game, every time he tried to get into the paint basically he was either stopped by kobe and forced to give the ball up or he was forced into pau/bynum

The shots he took were generally jumpers, mostly long jumpers

OKC coach gave kobes defense a LOT of credit for westbrroks performance. The announcers noticed how Kobe was doing during the game

Masterful defensive performance by the GOAT
this people are retarded thinking that if you dont have a hand in one of the greatest slashers in the games face as they shot a j then its bad defense.

Fact of the matter is kobes defense forced westbrick to play the way he wanted him to play, which is stay out of the paint, not break the entire teams defense down, run into a brick wall and force passes that eventually lost okc the game
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy