Kobe on guarding Westbrook

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
91 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
147 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
8935 pageviews
115 comments

chenkcity 7 heat pts
space
space
$738 | Props total: 21 21
Kobe on guarding Westbrook

So instead of resting his injured shin a few more games, he raised his hand before the game and asked to guard Westbrook. As defensive a.ssignments go, that's akin volunteering to run a marathon in death Valley in July while being swarmed by angry bees. But this was not the time for prudence or caution. The Lakers needed to win a game like this to prove to themselves and everyone else that they still could.

"He cooked us the last time he was here," Bryant said of defending Westbrook, whom he harassed into a 3-for-22 shooting night just three weeks after Westbrook torched the Lakers for 36 points. "So I figure, if he's going to cook us, I want him to cook me."

Would that be sustainable over a seven-game series?

"I gotta do what I gotta do," Bryant said. "I did it a few years ago [in the Lakers' 2010 playoff series win over OKC] on one knee. Sometimes you've got to will it."

[pic - click to view]

from an article on ESPN

[pic - click to view]

Kobe gives the Lakers a chance

image "i did it one one knee"

115 comments for "Kobe on guarding Westbrook"

6 years ago '04        #2
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
that's my shooting guard

But real talk

he locked Westbrook the fu*k down, just like how Ebanks put the clamps on Durant.
 6 years ago '11        #3
chenkcity 7 heat pts OP
space
space
$738 | Props total: 21 21
 Kasssssst said:
that's my shooting guard

But real talk

he locked Westbrook the fu*k down, just like how Ebanks put the clamps on Durant.
ebanks was a great defender in college and still is... with artests looming suspension i wonder if mike brown is gonna start banks or barnes... i kinda like what barnes has been doing of the bench lately.
 6 years ago '06        #4
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,684 | Props total: 8636 8636
 Kasssssst said:
that's my shooting guard

But real talk

kobe and ebanks did not put the clanks on nobody they had a bad shooting night and lakers barely won.
 04-23-2012, 12:19 PM         #5
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea he did lock him down, n*gga never got any credit for it, all i heard on ESPN that Westbrook missed shots, but when Kobe shoots like sh*t, somebody shutting him down
 6 years ago '06        #6
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,988 | Props total: 10659 10659
Lol and in that series he didn't do sh*t..westbrook got open look after open look and was just missing (similar to yesterday)

Open 3 missed...tobe Bryant defense!?!?!?!

Westbrook missed drunk omgz!! Kobe defense iz masterful!?!?

bragging about guarding a point guard
 04-23-2012, 12:20 PM         #7
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 marcusaka50 said:
kobe and ebanks did not put the clanks on nobody they had a bad shooting night and lakers barely won.
see what i'm saying, i'd say Durant missed shots, but Westbrook was getting locked up by Kobe, Kobe was in his face every shot
 6 years ago '05        #8
MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47
space
space
$10,251 | Props total: 8949 8949
I swear, Kobe's has quoteables for days................
 6 years ago '06        #9
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,684 | Props total: 8636 8636
 braided_uppimp said:
see what i'm saying, i'd say Durant missed shots, but Westbrook was getting locked up by Kobe, Kobe was in his face every shot
Laker fans are desperate and delusional. How many wide open jump shots Durant miss?

I give the lakers credit for f!ghting back and cutting off the lanes to the basket.
 6 years ago '04        #10
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 Kasssssst said:
that's my shooting god

But real talk

fixed.

6 years ago '06        #11
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
Lol check last page of this thread from their playoff series...westbrook was getting every open look he wanted was just missing. Once I stated tracking every shot proving this the stans went ghost....never posted again

04-23-2012, 12:25 PM         #12
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
Lol and in that series he didn't do sh*t..westbrook got open look after open look and was just missing (similar to yesterday)

Isn't that what you Bron stans do all the time?

OMGZZ he garded D Frose. Best defender evearrz!!!
 6 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 chenkcity said:
ebanks was a great defender in college and still is... with artests looming suspension i wonder if mike brown is gonna start banks or barnes... i kinda like what barnes has been doing of the bench lately.
I would a.ssume Ebanks would get the starting role, and Barnes would def be off the bench.

marcusaka50 said:
Westbrook got locked up by Kobe. I watched the game and everyone else did, it had nothing to do with a bad shooting night for Westbrook, Kobe locked him. Ebanks played great defense on Durant, but all it is, is about how Durant missed his shots he would usually make No Ebanks played good tight (pause) defense on KD.

philly337 said:

So if by bragging we shouldn't brag about a SF guarding a point guard in a playoff series, now should we?
 6 years ago '06        #14
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
And here's the actual playoff series thread...they was mad "thanks for the play by play espn" guy

They don't like when you point out facts you can't contest as their happening and can't go "look he shot 30% and kobe was guarding him...lockdown defense"

Gullible stans

6 years ago '08        #15
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 19 19
Lakers dont have the endurance to do that in a 7 game series with the Thunder and that's all that matters.
 04-23-2012, 12:30 PM         #16
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kizzle504 said:
Lakers dont have the endurance to do that in a 7 game series with the Thunder and that's all that matters.
How the fu*k are you a Thunder fan? Seriously.. are you from Oklahoma?
 6 years ago '04        #17
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 philly337 said:
Lol check last page of this thread from their playoff series...westbrook was getting every open look he wanted was just missing. Once I stated tracking every shot proving this the stans went ghost....never posted again

How about the previous game, where Westbrook went 4/13, and had 8 turnovers?

Or did you conveniently forget to track that one because it's not in your best interests as a Lebron fan?

Let's not act as if you're taking 8 possessions and trying to translate it to more than what it is.

And despite all of that, Westbrook had had 13 points in the last 3 quarters

Last edited by A.G; 04-23-2012 at 12:37 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #18
space
space
 Kizzle504 said:
You mean the same way how they beat the Thunder 2yrs ago in the playoffs when Artest (at the time) played good defense on Durant and dropped his playoff average to 25PPG compared to the 35PPG he was scoring in the regular season?

If Westbrook/Durant/Harden aren't scoring....that's game for the Thunder, if not bailed out.
 04-23-2012, 12:32 PM         #19
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
And here's the actual playoff series thread...they was mad "thanks for the play by play espn" guy

They don't like when you point out facts you can't contest as their happening and can't go "look he shot 30% and kobe was guarding him...lockdown defense"

Gullible stans

!!!!
 6 years ago '08        #20
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 19 19
Westbrook just had a bad offensive night and that's what hurt us. He had several good looks but he just couldnt connect. No biggie. Every good player has those off days. We still lead the series.

Not to mention the fact that Artest put a bounty on Harden. Who is a big help from off the bench.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
157 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now