OFFICIAL Boardwalk Empire Season 3 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
91 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
147 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #161
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
 ej5486 said:
So what was giving him money for?
Protection from the police & investigations. The political figures are huge for Nucky & them. If they lose the political protection its gonna be hard for them to make moves wit the liquor.
 5 years ago '04        #162
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,925 | Props total: 4285 4285
This episode was boring as hell and I've never said that about this show.
 09-23-2012, 11:58 PM         #163
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nucky a simp smh....plus this ep was weak
 5 years ago '06        #164
SM 38189 heat pts38189 OP
space
space
$127,978 | Props total: 67582 67582

[video - click to view]

09-24-2012, 02:02 AM         #165
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So SM, break down the series for me since you think you own all these shows.... and he left.
 5 years ago '06        #166
space
space
 s7venwords said:
So SM, break down the series for me since you think you own all these shows.... and he left.
still crying like a little bi*ch i see
 09-24-2012, 02:08 AM         #167
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SM said:
still crying like a little bi*ch i see
Why can't you just discuss sh*t like the rest of us ?

Ok, since t/s can't come up with any talking points I will.... I am starting to hate Margets' character. She takes the $ but won't agree with Nuckeys' tactics.... bi*ch either get with the program or bounce. I hated to see Manny go.... but of it was anyone glad it was Richard. Chaky is my favorite as he is the most compelling to me as he wants whats best for his daughter she just didn't see it yet. Loved seeing Eli brought back down to reality.... hate him.I really wanna see Al Capone murder the guy who made fun of his son. The missed delivery to Rothstein is gonna set off major waves and Rosetti is gonna get his at the end.

Last edited by s7venwords; 09-24-2012 at 02:18 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #168
space
space

With the Season 3 premiere of "Boardwalk Empire" in the books, HBO has released episode details for the Prohibition gangster drama's next four episodes.

So this post comes with an inherent spoiler alert, but for "Boardwalk" fans who are interested in a vague roadmap for what the early part of the season has in store, these descriptions provide a few details of the conflicts and storylines that lie ahead.

They highlight three separate budding turf wars: Lucky Luciano clashing with Joe Masseria in the New York heroin trade, Al Capone involved in a South Side Vs. North Side Chicago battle against the Irish mob, and Arnold Rothstein and Gyp Roseti feuding over booze in New York. Meanwhile, Nucky Thompson's brother Eli gets released from prison, and Nucky runs into some trouble in Washington, DC.

Check out the episode descriptions below:

Episode #28: “Blue Bell Boy," airs Sun., Oct. 7:

"After tracking down a liquor thief, Nucky (Steve Buscemi) and Owen (Charlie Cox) spend a long night hiding out from the feds with the precocious perp. In his boss’ absence, and with Rothstein (Michael Stuhlbarg) fuming over a late delivery, Mickey (Paul Sparks) overrules Eli (Shea Whigham) to make a routing call that will have far-reaching consequences for Nucky and Gyp (Bobby Cannavale). Margaret (Kelly Macdonald) encounters a familiar face while promoting Dr. Mason’s (Patrick Kennedy) classes at the new women’s clinic at St. Theresa’s. In New York, Lucky (Vincent Piazza) haggles with Joe Masseria (Ivo Nandi) over heroin splits, while in Chicago, Capone’s (Stephen Graham) feud with O’Banion (Arron Shiver) heats up when one of his collectors gets roughed up on the South Side."

Episode #29: “You’d Be Surprised," airs Sun., Oct. 14:

"After venting with Nucky about his liquor travails, Rothstein sends Gyp an unequivocal message in Tabor Heights. In Washington, Gaston Means (Stephen Root) sees opportunity in a Senate investigation of Harry Daugherty (Christopher McDonald) and the Justice Department. Billie (Meg Chambers Steedle) gets a new co-star to revive her faltering show; Van Alden (Michael Shannon) and Sigrid (Christiane Seidel) receive an unexpected visitor; Gillian (Gretchen Mol) worries about keeping her business afloat in Jimmy’s absence; Margaret has Awkward moments at the hospital and, later, at Madam Jeunet’s (Anna Katarina)."

Episode #30: “Ging Gang Goolie," airs Sun., Oct. 21

"After being detained in Washington by Daugherty’s henchmen, Nucky approaches Esther Randolph (Julianne Nicholson), his onetime nemesis, and later entertains an intriguing proposition from Gaston Means. In Atlantic City, Margaret copes with Teddy’s (Rory and Declan McTigue) demons, while Owen investigates a suspicious fire; Gillian feuds with Lucky and finds a surrogate for Jimmy; and Richard (Jack Huston) connects with pugilistic vet Paul Sagorsky (Mark Borkowsky) and his daughter Julia (Wrenn Schmidt)."

Episode #31: “Sunday Best," airs Sun., Oct. 28

"On Easter Sunday, Eli looks to get back in Nucky’s good graces at a Thompson family reunion. While Richard and Tommy (Brady and Connor Noon) spend the day as guests of the Sagorskys, Gillian stays at home and makes a sacrifice to improve her future. In New York, after dinner and prayers, Gyp heads downtown in search of a blessing – from Joe Masseria."

5 years ago '11        #169
bd2eazy 38 heat pts38
space
space
$5,143 | Props total: 177 177
HORRRRRRRIBLE fu*kin ep... seriously bad.

to go from ep 1 to ep 2 like that... man.. no bueno.

sh*t look like its gonna pop off next week tho
 09-24-2012, 03:47 AM         #170
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Character development/plot set-up episode is why it was "boring" or "horrible." They developed Nucky turning into a sucker for love Developed Eli's return into the picture, him feeling like a loser having to be a henchman and his son becoming the man of the house. As well as finally went back to Chalky (who I completely forgot about before this episode.) But yeah, not riveting TV like usual. That Roseti scene was pretty G though, you gotta admit that. As well as the protection guy scene, great dialogue and unique character who let Nucky know he knew all about his plans and business. Nucky is fu*king up in all kinds of ways now, falling for a call girl. Showing Rothstein he's slipping on being on top of his business via forgetting the date, showing he was more concerned with the hooker's living arrangement. Now fu*king up the delivery (the top guy gets the blame always.)

It's an episode that fellow writers/story tellers will enjoy. But obviously it's at the expense of the typical audience member's patience and entertainment.

sh*ts gonna get real. This episode was the quiet before the storm, patience young padawans, we can't have fireworks all the time. Episodes like this make the next one that more entertaining. But yes, in a perfect world, explosions 24/7 would be great.

Last edited by Got Cheeve?; 09-24-2012 at 03:49 AM..
 5 years ago '09        #171
BMAN626 37 heat pts37
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 909 909
gyp fu*ked up homie....you dont go at the gawds like that...ricard needs to start smoking everyone and then fu*k jimmys mom!
 5 years ago '04        #172
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,925 | Props total: 4285 4285
 Got Cheeve? said:
Character development/plot set-up episode is why it was "boring" or "horrible." They developed Nucky turning into a sucker for love Developed Eli's return into the picture, him feeling like a loser having to be a henchman and his son becoming the man of the house. As well as finally went back to Chalky (who I completely forgot about before this episode.) But yeah, not riveting TV like usual. That Roseti scene was pretty G though, you gotta admit that. As well as the protection guy scene, great dialogue and unique character who let Nucky know he knew all about his plans and business. Nucky is fu*king up in all kinds of ways now, falling for a call girl. Showing Rothstein he's slipping on being on top of his business via forgetting the date, showing he was more concerned with the hooker's living arrangement. Now fu*king up the delivery (the top guy gets the blame always.)

It's an episode that fellow writers/story tellers will enjoy. But obviously it's at the expense of the typical audience member's patience and entertainment.

sh*ts gonna get real. This episode was the quiet before the storm, patience young padawans, we can't have fireworks all the time. Episodes like this make the next one that more entertaining. But yes, in a perfect world, explosions 24/7 would be great.
Bruh...im all for character development, but we dont need a whole hour of Nucky being a simp, Margaret at the god damn hospital, Chalky's Daughter finding out he's a gangster.

Thats not development at all.
 5 years ago '09        #173
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,536 | Props total: 3829 3829
it's official... margret is now on par with rita from dexter
& this episode was poor in my opinion.
it's 1 thing to build up to future events, and use an entire episode to set up things, and have a little character development, but it's still possible to sprinkle in a little excitement while setting things up

if it wasn't for rossetti this episode would get a 0/10
 5 years ago '04        #174
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
I didn't think this episode was boring.. I was entertained throughout
 5 years ago '06        #175
space
space

“Things have changed,” says Mickey Doyle at the start of “Spaghetti and Coffee,”
the latest episode of “Boardwalk Empire.”

He’s not kidding. Series creator Terence Winter has really spiced things up. In practically every scene of this episode, it’s clear that a brutal death (think Manny Horvitz and the 3 in-One oil guy from last week) could happen to anyone at any time.

The second hour of season three re-introduces series regulars Eli Thompson and Chalky White. Absent from the action are agent Van Alden, Al Capone, Richard Harrow and Gillian.

Things get off to a fishy start. After a noticeably thin Eli is released from jail, he finds Mickey waiting to take him home.

“He sent you.” Eli says to Mickey, which makes it abundantly clear that despite the passage of time, Atlantic City’s former Sheriff and his brother are not chummy. That said, Eli doesn’t have many choices or friends, so he begrudgingly accepts Mickey as his new boss and returns to his loving, matured family.

Meanwhile Gyp Rosetti decides to extend his New Jersey stopover in Tabor Heights, a town halfway between Atlantic City and New York. There, the prickly gangster accosts another innocent bystander. This time, it’s a young gas station attendant. A suspenseful and frightening exchange ensues, but no tire-irons are wielded. It’s clear that the uneducated Italian mobster is trying his best to think of a way to get a foothold in the Nucky – Rothstein market.

Margaret’s seemingly altruistic women’s health storyline encounters some resistance, while her relationship with Owen Sleater becomes increasingly awkward.

In other plot developments, Chalky and his daughter Maybelle fail to see eye-to-eye about her future with beau Samuel. Surprisingly it’s Chalky who wants the future doctor to stick around for the long hall, not Maybelle. According to the teenager, Samuel is not “interesting” like her father. After a man slashes Samuel’s face, Maybelle is forced to think twice about the definition of interesting.

In New York, Nucky mixes business with a little pleasure. During the day he questions the collection tactics of Gaston Means (Stephen Root) a “special investigator” with ties to Attorney General Harry Daugherty. (Root, like fellow newcomer Bobby Cannavale, is a scene stealer.) It also becomes apparent that neither Rothstein nor Nucky have any clue as to who k!lled Manny. By night, the sad-eyed power broker becomes increasingly smitten with his new mistress, Billie. She, on the other hand, has more than one man on her mind.

After yet another suspenseful dialogue between Rosetti and an innocent bystander, things build in intensity when the bootlegger officially becomes public enemy number one by holding up Rothstein’s men at the Tabor Heights’ filling station with the help of the town’s (previously paid-off) Sheriff Victor Sickles. A turf war has officially begun.

I get the sense that Rosetti may not be long for this world.

5 years ago '08        #177
Ron O'Neal 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,315 | Props total: 1258 1258
episode was a little slow but i dont think it was as bad as some of you guys are making it out to be.

question though: what did knucky do to that razor he found in the brawds medicine cabinet??
 5 years ago '04        #178
D.IrIsH 334 heat pts334
space
space
$5,215 | Props total: 7085 7085
Awesome series.

Last edited by D.IrIsH; 11-05-2012 at 02:41 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #179
GangGreen227 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,822 | Props total: 128 128
 D.IrIsH said:
This was an awesome episode.. a nice contrast to the brutality/fast pace of the premiere. SMH @ people saying it woulda been 0/10 if it weren't for rosetti. It seems like all you guys want is some action flick dragged out over 10-11 episodes... character development, expose of the time period, etc. are all crucial parts to an overall incredibly series. sh*t would get boring if it were all one-note style action every episode... imagine how lifeless Jimmy's death woulda been if you didn't come to understand his character - his relationship with his mom, his time in the war, his relationship with nucky, etc.

Let the masters work... they know what they're doing.

those the type of people that would call the godfather boring cuz he dosent have enough action and scarface the goat movie lol

damn this season is the best one so far sh*ts gonna get crazy
@ nucky slippin tho
 5 years ago '04        #180
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,047 | Props total: 33852 33852
 Ron O'Neal said:
episode was a little slow but i dont think it was as bad as some of you guys are making it out to be.

question though: what did knucky do to that razor he found in the brawds medicine cabinet??
I think he turned the blade of the razor around so that who ever uses it next will cut their own throat accidently. I'm a.ssuming the edges on razors like that work that way.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
108 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
159 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now