OFFICIAL Boardwalk Empire Season 3 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
212 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #201
bd2eazy 38 heat pts38
space
space
$5,143 | Props total: 174 174
gyp rosetti

nucky with this fu*kin wack, movie star..bi*ch

i think Richard Harrow is my favorite character now.

lucky and meyer lansky
[spoiler - click to view]

Van Alden see's how corrupt the system is... he starting to not give a fu*k.

[spoiler - click to view]

bet he Goons up soon.

i hope Margaret gets offed soon. bi*ch has been bringin the show down since
mid season 2....

theres proly more i wanna say but fu*k this im tired
 5 years ago '05        #202
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
such a great start to the season now its just getting boring......really hope this show picks up again
 10-01-2012, 07:53 AM         #203
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That short clip of Jimmy got me all nostalgic and sh*t

I won't deny it, it was a fairly boring episode - but I'm still excited to see where they take it all.

From what I recall, and forgive me if my memory is off, but the first season started off with a bang or two - fluttered for a few more episodes then started to get spectacular.

Patience my peoples
 5 years ago '05        #204
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5
 DOOMage said:
That short clip of Jimmy got me all nostalgic and sh*t

I won't deny it, it was a fairly boring episode - but I'm still excited to see where they take it all.

From what I recall, and forgive me if my memory is off, but the first season started off with a bang or two - fluttered for a few more episodes then started to get spectacular.

Patience my peoples
The truth ... this series starts off slow ... then bam ...
 5 years ago '06        #205
SM 38173 heat pts38173 OP
space
space
$127,929 | Props total: 67320 67320
 Gravediggaz said:
such a great start to the season now its just getting boring......really hope this show picks up again
 5 years ago '06        #206
space
space

[video - click to view]

10-01-2012, 11:25 AM         #207
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '06        #208
space
space

[pic - click to view]

October 1, 2012
Nick Mille

Starting a new season is always hard. But when the creators of HBO's Boardwalk Empire sat around a table to plan season three, they were stumped. ''We all stared at each other, then [said], 'Let's eat lunch,' 'Let's take naps,''' says the show's creator, Terence Winter, who made his name as a writer on The Sopranos.

Winter is a Brooklyn-raised motormouth with a greying beard, a friendly manner and a habit of turning thoughts into dialogue. He was clearly born to make TV but that didn't make it easy. His problem was the season two climax. Young, ambitious Jimmy Darmody - the core of the main storyline for the first two seasons - died in a gripping finale that lifted the Prohibition drama to new heights: slain at the hand of father figure Nucky Thompson (played to icy perfection by Steve Buscemi). It was one of those moments for which you watch TV. So now what?

''Originally we talked about, 'Right, what if it's the next day?''' Winter says. ''And as we talked about that it became apparent to me that I felt like I know what happens. Nucky comes home and he finds out that Margaret [Nucky's wife, played by Kelly Macdonald] gave away his land, they have a big f!ght and then people realise that Jimmy Darmody is missing, and he was dead, and I understood how that would all play out. But I thought if we go a year or so or more into the future, anything could happen.''

So series two jumps 18 months in time, to New Year's Eve, 1922, as the price of illicit booze soars and the stakes have risen for the gangsters of the east coast. The characters have moved on, emotionally, physically, even geographically.

But the echoes of Jimmy's death are still there, in the story and in the minds of the writers.
''He was terrific, he was always interesting and fun to write for,'' Winter admits. ''So to make the decision to take him out of the series, it was like playing chess; it's like losing a very important piece.

''But that wasn't enough of a reason [to keep him in the show]. I always say to my writers, 'Let's make it more difficult on ourselves [rather] than easier.'

''It would have been easier to keep Jimmy alive - at the last minute Nucky says all is forgiven, he k!lls Manny and keeps Jimmy alive and they shake hands and he walks off. And that would have been easy because we could just have Jimmy.

''It's a lot more challenging to say, 'OK, we're k!lling him, what do we do now, how do we fill that gap in the story and move forward?' But it was the right decision.''

Winter says he tries to be true to his show, to keep the story growing ''organically'', rather than be distracted by what he reads about the reaction to his big decisions.

''It's funny, when I was a kid we thought it would be great to be able to read each other's minds. And now we can read each other's minds - it's called the internet, and it's not so great, you know? You read all this sh-t people are thinking about everything - not just your show but any news story. You read the comments and you're like, 'Oh my god - is this what people think?' So I try not to read that stuff.

''I like that people are invested and they care. I do question the sanity of people who are mourning the loss of a fictional character to the point that they are sending bouquets of flowers, but I love that we have affected people. That's our job, to make you laugh, make you cry, anger you, all of those things.''

Buscemi, for his part, is just happy to play the cards he's been dealt, even when it's a tough hand. ''The last scene of season two was hard because I like Michael [Pitt, who played Darmody] so much and I didn't want to see him go … so there was a lot of me resisting what I had to do,'' Buscemi says. ''But then I always remember that it's not real, it's a job and this is what I'm required to do as the character.''

Unlike his character, Buscemi is soft-voiced and quick to laugh. Winter calls him a ''gentle guy, not into violence in any way'', and Buscemi worries that the show not glorify the evil deeds of its characters. ''Some of the stuff is very upsetting to do on the show,'' Buscemi says. Generally he is able to ''just leave the work at work'' but there is one scene from the new season, which he won't reveal in detail, that he says stayed with him long after they called ''cut''.

But he loves the show and says it is one of the best jobs he has had. At the same time, he knows Winter and the writers too well to a.ssume he'll be doing Boardwalk for as long as he wants. He remembers signing up for two seasons of The Sopranos, then dying after just one. ''It was hard; I really wanted to keep doing it,'' he says. ''But I'm not afraid to die - I'm used to it.''

Read more:
 5 years ago '06        #209
space
space
Here we go, Next Week Preview

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #210
illstate11 
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 86 86
Seems Enoch k!lled this shows following as well lol
 5 years ago '07        #211
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13040 13040
 tonystarks21 said:
that guy from new york is pissing me off man, and whats with richard confessing to nucky, does he know nucky k!lled jimmy?
i think he knows. he said he k!lled manny for angela. nucky asked if him and his family were safe, implying that richard knew nucky k!lled jimmy. richard responded saying that jimmy was a soldier and he played the game and lost, or something to that effect, so i don't think he holds any resentment. he knows jimmy had it coming. looks like richard is about to become nucky's hitman though .

Last edited by joshdogg26; 10-01-2012 at 10:32 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #212
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,536 | Props total: 3829 3829
i kept having power outtages (7 in total) during the episode, so maybe i missed a few things.
1st things 1st, fu*k margaret
unless there is some huge backlash or something from all this hospital related/women's right stuff later on in future episodes, every scene she's been in so far would have been pointless & pain me even more for watching them

like everyone said so far, nucky as a simp <<<<<<<<<

what is the fascination with bacon though? am i missing/forgetting something?
what's the significance of nucky dreaming about it? then that's what the lady was cooking when he woke up. who was he trying to call for like 80% of the time he was on screen? i didn't hear the name he was asking operator for, help me out....

that n*gga rosetti is too overboard...
at 1st i thought he was a breath of fresh air with the way he dealt with things, but after 3 episodes, i don't know how he lived/survived so long in this business with that attitude somebody should have smoked him ages ago

anyway, d/loading it now, to see what i missed during the power outtages...
i didn't even get to watch dexter or homeland cause the power went out completely right after boardwalk finished
 5 years ago '07        #213
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
WHAT THE fu*k IS LIFE IF IT'S NOT PERSONAL

i fu*ks with rosetti
 5 years ago '07        #214
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13040 13040
 5_star_smitty said:
i kept having power outtages (7 in total) during the episode, so maybe i missed a few things.
1st things 1st, fu*k margaret
unless there is some huge backlash or something from all this hospital related/women's right stuff later on in future episodes, every scene she's been in so far would have been pointless & pain me even more for watching them

like everyone said so far, nucky as a simp <<<<<<<<<

what is the fascination with bacon though? am i missing/forgetting something?
what's the significance of nucky dreaming about it? then that's what the lady was cooking when he woke up. who was he trying to call for like 80% of the time he was on screen? i didn't hear the name he was asking operator for, help me out....

that n*gga rosetti is too overboard...
at 1st i thought he was a breath of fresh air with the way he dealt with things, but after 3 episodes, i don't know how he lived/survived so long in this business with that attitude somebody should have smoked him ages ago

anyway, d/loading it now, to see what i missed during the power outtages...
i didn't even get to watch dexter or homeland cause the power went out completely right after boardwalk finished
nucky's just back to being a sucker-for-love a.ss simp. last episode he was getting all jealous and trippin over that bi*ch he's seeing and her phone ringing, the men's razor in her bathroom, and the guy at the restaurant, etc. he was slippin and forgetting what day it was even and asking rothstein to fix up her apartment. seems like he's losing his touch.

this week, he started out with a nightmare where he shot the child version of jimmy in the face by accident. i don't know if the bacon had any meaning, he just randomly was making jimmy bacon before the pan turned into a gun and he shot him. then he kept seeing the kid jimmy with a bullet in his face at the ceremony. he was a wreck and couldn't sleep away from that bi*ch and so his lameass went all the way from atlantic city to new york in the middle of the night then passed out immediately once he got to her place and woke up to her cooking bacon. she was the one he was trying to call repeatedly throughout the episode. dude can't even function with her all the sudden and she's out fu*king other dudes and ignoring him .
 5 years ago '04        #215
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
imma need Rosetti to stop taking everything so personal

The only real interesting thing to me right now is watching Van Alden slowly make the journey into being a soldier and Eli finding his way back. The rest, even Chalky White is whatever at this point.

Last edited by TheMagicMan; 10-01-2012 at 11:57 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #216
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
hey magic..you see the game tonight?
 5 years ago '10        #217
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,426 | Props total: 2380 2380
 Vin Steezel said:
MY n*gga PERNSLY k!llIN IT!!!
 5 years ago '10        #218
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,426 | Props total: 2380 2380
 joshdogg26 said:
nucky's just back to being a sucker-for-love a.ss simp. last episode he was getting all jealous and trippin over that bi*ch he's seeing and her phone ringing, the men's razor in her bathroom, and the guy at the restaurant, etc. he was slippin and forgetting what day it was even and asking rothstein to fix up her apartment. seems like he's losing his touch.

this week, he started out with a nightmare where he shot the child version of jimmy in the face by accident. i don't know if the bacon had any meaning, he just randomly was making jimmy bacon before the pan turned into a gun and he shot him. then he kept seeing the kid jimmy with a bullet in his face at the ceremony. he was a wreck and couldn't sleep away from that bi*ch and so his lameass went all the way from atlantic city to new york in the middle of the night then passed out immediately once he got to her place and woke up to her cooking bacon. she was the one he was trying to call repeatedly throughout the episode. dude can't even function with her all the sudden and she's out fu*king other dudes and ignoring him .
i think it was ether season 1or2 jimmy said nucky would always take care of him and make him breakfest.
 5 years ago '09        #219
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,536 | Props total: 3829 3829
 TheMagicMan said:
imma need Rosetti to stop taking everything so personal

The only real interesting thing to me right now is watching Van Alden slowly make the journey into being a soldier and Eli finding his way back. The rest, even Chalky White is whatever at this point.
chalky didn't even have a second of on screen time this episode
 5 years ago '09        #220
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,303 | Props total: 7955 7955
so richard is cool with jimmy getting bodied because jimmy was a soldier...and he k!lls manny becayse manny k!lled jimmy's wife who was a civilian.......so....is this the last we see of richard's gun play????

i hope knucky sends someone to k!ll richard because lets be serious.......what type of boss lets someone run up in their hut with a pistol, k!ll their worker and keep him alive knwoing he was jimmys best friend

i mean knucky could just leave it alone and take richards words but most bosses cut loose ends...and richard is a loose fukking end imo
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
45 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy