5 Reasons Wiz Khalifa's New Album, 'O.N.I.F.C.,' Is Going To Be Better Than 'Rolling Papers'

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
28 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
187 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
5723 pageviews
46 comments

SM 38147 heat pts38147
space
space
$127,666 | Props total: 66748 66748
5 Reasons Wiz Khalifa's New Album, 'O.N.I.F.C.,' Is Going To Be Better Than 'Rolling Papers'

In case you haven't noticed, Wiz Khalifa isn't planning on coming down off his high anytime soon. Just a little more than a year after releasing his major label debut, Rolling Papers—and less than six months after the release of the Mac & Devin Go to High School soundtrack he recorded alongside Snoop Dogg—the Pittsburgh MC is already putting the finishing touches on his much-anticipated sophomore set, O.N.I.F.C. (which stands for Only n*gga In First Class), right now. Due out on August 28, Wiz has gathered a bunch of big names like Adam Levine, Cam'Ron, Chris Brown, and The Weeknd to lend guest vocals, while Pharrell, will.i.am, and Rico Love have all contributed production efforts.

But, you won't have to wait until the end of the summer to get your first taste of O.N.I.F.C. In fact, Wiz is planning on releasing the first single from the album, "Work Hard," produced by Stargate and Benny Blanco, on Pittsburgh radio station 96.1 KISS on Monday. And, to get you ready for it, we put together a list of the 5 Reasons Wiz Khalifa's New Album, O.N.I.F.C., Is Going To Be Better Than Rolling Papers. We'll definitely have the audio of "Work Hard" for you on Monday when the song drops. But, until then, roll one up with this and enjoy the ride.
1. Wiz's Taylor Allderdice mixtape got him back on the right track as far as making music goes.
We're not gonna ignore the elephant in the room here. For a lot of hardcore Wiz fans, Rolling Papers was a departure from what they'd come to expect from him. So, understandably, some of them didn't know if and when the "old" Wiz would be back. Well, they got their answer on Taylor Allderdice, which shut down DatPiff when it was released last month and was generally well-received by the hip-hop community. If that mixtape is any indication of what he's got in store on O.N.I.F.C., watch out.

2. Wiz's new album features him working with a completely different batch of big-name producers and a range of guest artists.
Absolutely no disrespect to Pittsburgh producers E. Dan or Big Jerm, but they handled a lot of Rolling Papers. Some of their productions worked really well (see: "When I'm Gone" and "The Race") but some of them didn't really force Wiz to push himself as an artist. So we're glad to see that, in addition to his hometown producers, Wiz also has names like Pharrell and will.i.am in the mix this time. Of course, he runs the risk of creating tracks that are a little too commercial by grabbing big names (and that was the criticism of Rolling Papers) but you also increase the likelihood of him creating some songs that don't sound like other Wiz tracks that we've already heard before by grabbing those guys to produce for him. We're interested to see what he's come up with.

3. Wiz is still going with what worked on his first album, because he's got Stargate producing his first single.
Wiz isn't scrapping the entire blueprint from Rolling Papers. "Black & Yellow" was obviously a huge hit. And, while some Wiz fans didn't appreciate it, "Roll Up" did well for him, too. So, he's tabbed Stargate—the Norwegian production duo who handled both beats—to produce the first single from O.N.I.F.C. That might scare some of you. But, we're glad to see Wiz going with what worked the first time around.

4. Wiz has put in work over the last year and earned enough respect to make the album that he wants to make this time around.
Wiz has appeared everywhere this year. From his Snoop collabo, "Young, Wild & Free" to T-Pain's hit "5 O'Clock," he's had an opportunity to work with different artists and to show people that he knows how to craft hits. So, that means that he won't have to use O.N.I.F.C. to show folks that he can write hit records. Instead, he can deliver one or two surefire hits and then devote the rest of the album to doing what he wants to do. He's built up his rep enough to be able to do that, so we hope he takes advantage of it.

5. Wiz has to be motivated by what some people out there said after Rolling Papers dropped.
If nothing else, Wiz caught a ton of hate from both fans and haters after Rolling Papers dropped. They said it was too pop. They said he'd crossed over. They argued against his budding relationship with Amber Rose and turned in their Taylor Gang memberships. So, O.N.I.F.C. is Wiz's opportunity to show everyone that he's still the same old G. We fully expect him to do so.

[pic - click to view]

5 Reasons Wiz Khalifa's New Album, 'O.N.I.F.C.,' Is Going To Be Better Than 'Rolling Papers' | Vibe

46 comments for "5 Reasons Wiz Khalifa's New Album, 'O.N.I.F.C.,' Is Going To Be Better Than 'Rolling Papers'"

6 years ago '08        #2
Ven0m 12 heat pts12
space
space
$3,948 | Props total: 979 979
If this isnt on that CD mastered... fu*k it!

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #3
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
will.i.am? Really.
 6 years ago '10        #4
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,607 | Props total: 4356 4356
3. Wiz is still going with what worked on his first album, because he's got Stargate producing his first single.
Wiz isn't scrapping the entire blueprint from Rolling Papers. "Black & Yellow" was obviously a huge hit. And, while some Wiz fans didn't appreciate it, "Roll Up" did well for him, too. So, he's tabbed Stargate—the Norwegian production duo who handled both beats—to produce the first single from O.N.I.F.C. That might scare some of you. But, we're glad to see Wiz going with what worked the first time around.

wiz khalifa had 2 albums before rolling pappers

mother fu*kers dont know what they be talking about sometimes
 6 years ago '06        #5
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,566 | Props total: 4440 4440
Will.I.Am, Chris Brown, Adam levine Think I'll just accept T.A. as being the album.
 6 years ago '04        #6
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,960 | Props total: 4667 4667
2. Wiz's new album features him working with a completely different batch of big-name producers and a range of guest artists.
Absolutely no disrespect to Pittsburgh producers E. Dan or Big Jerm, but they handled a lot of Rolling Papers. Some of their productions worked really well (see: "When I'm Gone" and "The Race") but some of them didn't really force Wiz to push himself as an artist. So we're glad to see that, in addition to his hometown producers, Wiz also has names like Pharrell and will.i.am in the mix this time. Of course, he runs the risk of creating tracks that are a little too commercial by grabbing big names (and that was the criticism of Rolling Papers) but you also increase the likelihood of him creating some songs that don't sound like other Wiz tracks that we've already heard before by grabbing those guys to produce for him. We're interested to see what he's come up with.

That's all I need to read, what a bunch of bullsh*t from Wiz. How you just gonna tell ID Labs, Sledgren and Cardo yo I don't need you for my album but when everyone starts giving him a bunch of sh*t he wanna run back to them for help. Looks like we'll be getting Toilet Papers 2.
 6 years ago '05        #7
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,172 | Props total: 11695 11695
 6 years ago '06        #8
SM 38147 heat pts38147 OP
space
space
 RoyceDa59 said:

That's all I need to read, what a bunch of bullsh*t from Wiz. How you just gonna tell ID Labs, Sledgren and Cardo yo I don't need you for my album but when everyone starts giving him a bunch of sh*t he wanna run back to them for help. Looks like we'll be getting Toilet Papers 2.
 6 years ago '10        #9
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,525 | Props total: 5850 5850
He's need to stop dressing like Bruno Mars and get his camo shorts and big Pittsburgh chain back.
 6 years ago '10        #10
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1616 1616
He needs to work with i.d. Labs, big jerm, cardo, and sledgren fu*k what that article says it completely contradicted its self that's his sound that he has been using for a long time
 6 years ago '11        #11
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Wiz was always garbage its only so long wack rappers can pretend
 6 years ago '11        #12
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
 kiddrocay said:
wiz khalifa had 2 albums before rolling pappers

mother fu*kers dont know what they be talking about sometimes
Well usually when ppl say "first" they're referring to first major label album. Just like TM101 is always referred to as Jeezy's first album, but really it was also his third.
 04-22-2012, 05:48 PM         #13
HoLLiwood Heyti 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont really seem to understand, wiz has been at his best a frat boy friendly commercial rapper with a decent flow, so now that hes actually commercial, n*ggas mad his sh*t been doo doo, he lives or dies by his delivery& hooks
 6 years ago '04        #14
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,899 | Props total: 1127 1127
 28 Gramz said:
Will.I.Am, Chris Brown, Adam levine Think I'll just accept T.A. as being the album.
f'real

i miss the kush x OJ and cabin fever khalifa

only joints i F'd w/ from r.p. was really black&yellow, rooftop (feat. curren$y), the ride, on my level, and...

...i think that's it
 6 years ago '06        #15
SM 38147 heat pts38147 OP
space
space
 28 Gramz said:
 6 years ago '11        #16
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
Pharrell

CBreezy my n*gga but not with Wiz
 6 years ago '05        #17
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,721 | Props total: 2160 2160
..5 reasons? Only one real reason..

Becuase rolling papers was bootsy..
 6 years ago '11        #18
Ralph Nautica 70 heat pts70
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 6460 6460
*somebody please insert that wiz gif*

Prince of the City 2, Star Power, Flight School, and Kush and OJ was Wiz at his best IMO.

Taylor Allderdice was solid tho.. That "my Favorite Song" is crack.

We probably won't get that old Wiz back but I'm looking forward to the album..
 6 years ago '10        #19
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,406 | Props total: 6226 6226
if it anit on some

[video - click to view]

type sh*t ,,,dont bother making it
 6 years ago '06        #20
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,566 | Props total: 4440 4440
I'm willing to bet money "My Favorite Song" will be >>>>>this whole album.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy