Who needs college??

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,896 | Props total: 2005 2005
 YungPrinceNY said:
THIS SCHOOL sh*t IS A JOKE ON MAY 17TH IMMA GET MY USELESS DEGREE
Perfect! Keep that mindset. I need someone to flip my burgers when I decide I want one.
 6 years ago '04        #22
me707 
space
space
$901 | Props total: 1 1
 meercy said:
^^untill they hit you with. you need 1-2 or 2-3 yrs of expierience....
thats what you get the degree for. to do & start learning the job..smh...

im not saying a degree is worthless but they sure make it hard after it...
That's why people should take advantage of networking, internships, and volunteering in their field. You get out your degree what you put into it.
Just my 2 cents
 6 years ago '04        #23
me707 
space
space
$901 | Props total: 1 1
 Kooper said:
Thats why you look for interships, I know a few Bio students who shadow dentists now and they aren't even in dental school yet.
Beat me to it... Props!
 6 years ago '11        #24
ShaquilleBrown 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,786 | Props total: 1346 1346
 meercy said:
^^untill they hit you with. you need 1-2 or 2-3 yrs of expierience....
thats what you get the degree for. to do & start learning the job..smh...

im not saying a degree is worthless but they sure make it hard after it...
Internships?
 6 years ago '05        #25
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
Besides all the money making stuff with university, the means to an end part, university is also an end in itself. The things you learn there will help you live your life well, not just make money well. People I see asking the prof "is this going to be on the exam" and then only paying attention if the prof says, yes, it is, are completely missing the point. You're at an institution with great minds. Talk to your fellow students, talk to your profs, go to your library and read some books and journal articles that you wouldn't otherwise have access to. You have such great resources at your fingertips while in school, but most people seem to not understand that.
 6 years ago '06        #26
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1

continue on...
 6 years ago '05        #27
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 MRfeenom said:
Education is important...
College is no longer...
Our generation has found ways of generating finances besides becoming a doctor and lawyer...

props to all of them that are successful without a college education...

sh*t is a joke now... College is no longer an educational institution but a cutthroat business industry.

Truth.
University is still an educational institution. There are problems with it, but you're making it way too black and white. Also, most of the supposedly self-educated people I know are morons because they use the internet to educate themselves which is hit or miss and often lacks any kind of subtle analysis.
 6 years ago '05        #28
Ari Gold 315 heat pts315
space
space
$15,215 | Props total: 1233 1233
 HeightsBound said:

[pic - click to view]

Dropped out of high school.
I feel sorry for your parents to have birthed such a loser
 6 years ago '05        #29
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
 jkidd0055 said:
If you are a genius, yes this will apply to you...pretty much what this is saying...not very logical to get a point across
its not about being a genius, its just about having a genius vision
 04-22-2012, 04:24 PM         #30
ahenson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gateway972 said:
shout out to people always naming the same people you dropped out of college and did well for themselves and then saying who needs college.

Lets name some new people every once and a while

-from a guy making gwap 25 y/o a bachelors and working on his master for free
How about this:

congrads but if you're not making $1mill + a year, 12% tax rate then STFU.

no opinion for or against college tho.
 6 years ago '05        #31
GameBreaker 
space
space
$1,211 | Props total: 0 0
If you guys have IQs in the range that qualify you for the Mensa Society, then by all means drop out. For regular people, suck it up and go to school.
 04-22-2012, 04:30 PM         #32
Skratch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
college = worthless
 6 years ago '08        #33
thewallochamp 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,804 | Props total: 132 132
dropped outta Cooley High, gassed up by a coke head cutie pie...
 6 years ago '04        #34
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
SMH at showing the exceptions to the rule.. Going to college is the rule, At most of the better companies, you can't even be the receptionist without a degree
 6 years ago '04        #35
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
It really depends what field you're in. Not every industry requires a degree.

For example, you don't need a masters to create a start-up social networking site and make billions off it.

Of course if you're trying to be a pharmacist, doctor, lawyer, etc. and making 6 figures a year, college is one of the most important parts of your life. But that route isn't for everyone.

I'm a graphic designer, school was never for me. I dropped out of college after 2 years with about 1 credit away from my a.ssociates. I'm now 22 with my own business going on for almost 8 years now, making a great living.

It's all a matter of what you're trying to get into, don't let the common opinion of school fool you cause it can go either way: a very important step to having a career or the most useless piece of paper and a bunch of time/money wasted.
 6 years ago '07        #36
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,624 | Props total: 2469 2469
throught my experience you should only go to college if it'll help you pursue your dream career, whatever that may be..that's the only way you'll stay focused and do the work needed to get your degree and what not..if you're passionate about what you're studying that's great..yet if you're confused after more than enough time in a jc or 4 year university and just pick a major because you've been undecided for so long then you're fu*ked..because chances are you'll pick a major that you'll end up studying just for the hell of it(mainly because you a.ssume it'll lead you to a good paying job) then end up finding a career in a completely different field rendering that ba useless ..a lot of people say it's good to fall back on something but if you truely have no interest in the field you spent so many years in hs studying, what's the point? I can't even recall how many people I know that graduated college only to never really put their degree to use at all, either because they realized that they have no interest whatsoever in that field or that they realize they suck in the field when it's actually applied towards a job/career ..they still have no regrets because one thing that'll never change in this country is the notion that a college graduate is smarter than someone who didn't attend college or didn't graduated, which is stupid and a lot of times not the case at all..

Last edited by Deniro732; 04-22-2012 at 04:57 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #37
mr_underground|m 1966 heat pts1966
space
space
$22,756 | Props total: 28424 28424
It all depends on what you want to do and your mindset. I dropped out of college, yet I'm a very successful marketer.

If you think college will help you become financially free, then think again. I make more than my doctor, CPA, etc... all because I know how to SELL. Sales and marketing = MONEY. Job = just over broke . I should make more money because I take on more risk than most people ( not my doctor lol).

I went back to school just to take a couple of music classes at Berklee just because I wanted to learn some specific skill I couldn't find elsewhere and was hard to learn from books. But thats about it.

If any of you were to come to a mastermind meeting or hand with people who make six figures or more on their own. you're opinions of college would change. Non of us are "smarter" and a lot aren't "smart" at all. They just know how to do certain things and have the ball to try stuff.

I've consulted for a billion dollar company because I was marketed as the "video guy to the stars". I had an entry level DSLR and was good with color science. The real video experts with 20 years experience would be pissed off. But they can't sell like I can so I got the gig and the results because the company didn't know sh*t. I knew a little. And that was enough to get them a better result than they were getting.

So you don't even have to be the best to make a ton of money lol.

So I 'm not for or against college. But college doesn't = anything. Its just paper. I also have a technically legal degree from a diploma mill which I use sometimes when people do ask and thats all they wanna see. I pay about $100 for it and it technically legal, but super sneaky and takes advantage of Legal loopholes from certain countries and international laws...but...its works. ( In most states, can't use it in 11 states)

The problem is society. You in no way, shape, or form, need a degree in graphic design. its impossible. Their are millions of blogs, books, DVD's and youtube videos that will teach you anything you could possible wanna know about graphics. My friend went to college for graphic design, she has a BA but can't find a job because she doesn't have 4-7 year experience...wtf?

Yet, I became know for my graphics, because I attached to a celeb. And now outsource all graphic work for about $30 but charge $300, so I make $270 for doing nothing. Some of you may say "wtf?".

The classic quote still stands: "It's not what you know, its who you know"

I had 0 experience in broadcast, yet I get consulting calls on video all the time because read a few blogs and watched some video on filmmaking, then practiced a bit to develop a style. I turn down video work now. All because I took action on a opportunity, bought a $900 DSLR camera with video campability, $300 lens, and watched some videos from zacuto.com and took action on what the pro said to do.

So I saved $100k by just listening to an establish director of photography and took her advice on how to shoot better movies. So for me, I can't understand why I would start from scratch and sacrifice 4 years when I can just find a pro and have them show me what works right now.

If you want a job at a company, then a degree is VERY useful, it can be in anything. But thats about all it doesn't in most cases. Its a lot of humans out here and a degree is used as a weeding out tool.

( sorry for the long rant, its a passionate topic for me since I beat the odds...its wasn't easy though...)
 6 years ago '04        #38
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
every person the OP named was an "innovator"
So are you also a innovator?
If not then sit down and STFU
 04-22-2012, 05:25 PM         #39
ProfitSee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
every person the OP named was an "innovator"
So are you also a innovator?
If not then sit down and STFU
I didn't put this together though, I'm just sharing it!
 6 years ago '04        #40
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,599 | Props total: 369 369
please dont go to college, dont get certified.. please dont.. please make it easier for us to get good jobs and make even more money with less competition.... most people want even talk to you if you dont have a degree.... get with it Boxden youth...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
24 hours ago