CPA Exam

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
TheIncomparable 
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
Just got my score for BEC this morning. Passed with a 76! Studied just enough. So that's three down one to go. I saved FAR for last, and expect to take it sometime this summer.
 5 years ago '08        #82
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,952 | Props total: 7362 7362
 TheIncomparable said:
Just got my score for BEC this morning. Passed with a 76! Studied just enough. So that's three down one to go. I saved FAR for last, and expect to take it sometime this summer.
how long did you study for bec? Do you have any helpful tips? I failed with a 69 last time I took it. Im wondering what the best software would be.
 5 years ago '07        #83
TheIncomparable 
space
space
^^^ I use CPAExcel... They have a handful of different lecturers, some really good, and others are terrible. So what I do is I read the lessons that the terrible professors go over and watch the lectures on the lessons that the good lecturers go over. I also bang out as many multiple choice questions that I can get my hands on. So I used the CPAExcel test bank and the Wiley test bank.
 4 years ago '07        #84
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1121 1121
 TheIncomparable said:
Good sh*t man... congrats
 4 years ago '07        #85
TheIncomparable 
space
space
Tomorrow is the day... Sitting for FAR... Been studying my a.ss off over the past two months but I dont feel as confident as I did with the other exams cause there's just too much material covered on this one
 4 years ago '09        #86
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,831 | Props total: 1142 1142
 TheIncomparable said:
Tomorrow is the day... Sitting for FAR... Been studying my a.ss off over the past two months but I dont feel as confident as I did with the other exams cause there's just too much material covered on this one
Good luck bro... You mind dropping knowledge on your study schedule? I took aud twice and failed it both time..too busy working full time and watching my 18 month old son to study. My wife is a rn and her schedule is all over the place, so I'm constantly on watch. Despite all this I'm gonna take it again at the end of the month.
 4 years ago '07        #87
TheIncomparable 
space
space
 mtva24 said:
Good luck bro... You mind dropping knowledge on your study schedule? I took aud twice and failed it both time..too busy working full time and watching my 18 month old son to study. My wife is a rn and her schedule is all over the place, so I'm constantly on watch. Despite all this I'm gonna take it again at the end of the month.
I watched videos and did multiple choice questions over and over again. It got to the point where I would start reading a question and I would immediately know the answer because I've answered it so many times. That was strategy for each exam. As far as study schedule? I worked at a big 4 full time while studying for AUD. I took it after my first year there which made studying easier for me because I was able to grasp a lot of concepts pretty quickly after having the work experience. For REG and BEC, I went back to school and worked part time, but my job was a joke. I studied for school and for those exams while at work. For FAR I was back working fulltime at the same big 4. I would leave work at 5, go to the library until 9. You're situation is so much harder though having a son and wife with a hectic schedule so its tough to give good/sound advice man. Only thing I can say is if you don't feel comfortable going in, don't go in. Spend the $30 to push that date back rather than spending the $200ish to take it again.

Also, worst advice I got was don't focus on this area or dont focus on that area. Focus on everything man. I got slammed with those areas that weren't supposed to be heavily tested. Best of luck man!
 4 years ago '07        #88
TheIncomparable 
space
space
I passed!
 4 years ago '06        #89
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,519 | Props total: 17975 17975
Congrats man
 4 years ago '09        #90
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,831 | Props total: 1142 1142
 TheIncomparable said:
I passed!
Congrats on finishing...I know you was like when you got your score
 4 years ago '10        #91
beeboywhoo 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,192 | Props total: 2361 2361
Yoo bump.. I just got my becker self study material....

planning on taking FAR sometime in late feb before the march window..

Im barely on F2, and the sh*t is making my brain fizzle, its so many minute concepts

I think im overstudying, or not studying efficiently, ill easily cram out 6-8 hours in a day.. but this is my first day
 4 years ago '07        #92
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1121 1121
 beeboywhoo said:
Yoo bump.. I just got my becker self study material....

planning on taking FAR sometime in late feb before the march window..

Im barely on F2, and the sh*t is making my brain fizzle, its so many minute concepts

I think im overstudying, or not studying efficiently, ill easily cram out 6-8 hours in a day.. but this is my first day
You definetely have to get in a rhythm.. a lot of that stuff you should have already seen in undergrad..
 4 years ago '05        #93
Shazam 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,264 | Props total: 1230 1230
Bumping this since i just found out that I passed my last section today! Finally done with this exam and can help anyone who has questions about the process...
 4 years ago '04        #94
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Shazam said:
Bumping this since i just found out that I passed my last section today! Finally done with this exam and can help anyone who has questions about the process...
Congrats. I gotta get going on mine. I was trying to finish my 150 credits first as my undergrad accounting degree was only like 122. I thought it would be easier to knock out the school credits first before studying/taking the first part.

Last edited by hockeythug; 06-06-2014 at 10:24 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #95
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
Accounting Majors ftw
 4 years ago '05        #96
Shazam 33 heat pts33
space
space
 hockeythug said:
Congrats. I gotta get going on mine. I was trying to finish my 150 credits first as my undergrad accounting degree was only like 122. I thought it would be easier to knock out the school credits first before studying/taking the first part.
I don't know anything about your situation and I'm sure you already probably considered a Master's of Accounting program. But a MAcc program sounds like it would be a perfect fit for you since you still need a full year's worth of academic credits and need to study/pass the CPA exam. A lot of MAcc programs are just a year's worth of CPA prep where it's all geared to just get you to study and pass the CPA exam during the school year. I've had coworkers tell me that there MAcc program was basically Becker self-study during the school year and the school schedules the exams for the students so they all study for it and take it together.

I feel like doing a program like that would be really beneficial in your situation as you'd k!ll two birds with one stone: you'd get the academic credits and you'd have completed the CPA exam at the same time. Key is to make sure that you pick a MAcc program where the only purpose is to get you to pass the CPA exam, not all programs have this focus, there are some that just try to teach you random accounting crap that won't be helpful at all on the CPA exam.
 4 years ago '04        #97
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Shazam said:
I don't know anything about your situation and I'm sure you already probably considered a Master's of Accounting program. But a MAcc program sounds like it would be a perfect fit for you since you still need a full year's worth of academic credits and need to study/pass the CPA exam. A lot of MAcc programs are just a year's worth of CPA prep where it's all geared to just get you to study and pass the CPA exam during the school year. I've had coworkers tell me that there MAcc program was basically Becker self-study during the school year and the school schedules the exams for the students so they all study for it and take it together.

I feel like doing a program like that would be really beneficial in your situation as you'd k!ll two birds with one stone: you'd get the academic credits and you'd have completed the CPA exam at the same time. Key is to make sure that you pick a MAcc program where the only purpose is to get you to pass the CPA exam, not all programs have this focus, there are some that just try to teach you random accounting crap that won't be helpful at all on the CPA exam.
I should have added that I had some community college credits(classes that didn't transfer to my graduating college) as well so I only now need like 8 more credits after I took two classes this spring. I thought about the masters program but only one school offered it around me and it was full time. I had already gotten a full time job at that time so that was out of the picture. $27,000 for 31 credits(16 more than I needed) didn't make sense either. I think with only 8 credits to go I can finally start studying for the first part.

Last edited by hockeythug; 06-07-2014 at 06:57 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #98
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
Quick question for my fellow Accounting majors are/did you guys pay outta pocket for school and/or take out student loans? I'm thinking about making that switch from a community college to a university because the Accounting credits from the CC won't transfer to the University and I feel like the university is a much better learning atmosphere as well as getting the bachelors any thoughts?i feel like the CC is a waste of time since I have all my general credits.

Last edited by ColeWorld; 06-07-2014 at 07:35 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #99
Shazam 33 heat pts33
space
space
 ColeWorld said:
Quick question for my fellow Accounting majors are/did you guys pay outta pocket for school and/or take out student loans? I'm thinking about making that switch from a community college to a university because the Accounting credits from the CC won't transfer to the University and I feel like the university is a much better learning atmosphere as well as getting the bachelors any thoughts?i feel like the CC is a waste of time since I have all my general credits.
Yea, once you have an a.ssociates degree from community college, CC has served the end of its purpose and you gotta transfer to a university. Transferring once you have all of your general credits is good too long as you maxed out the number of credits you were able to take at CC.

I took out some loans during university but very minimal (less than $10K) and the rest I had scholarships for or paid with money I had saved up before college or from summer jobs. I never held down a job during the school year and am glad that I didn't...

You gotta think about how to minimize your debt to get your bachelors degree, you're already off to a good start b/c you started off at a community college. Be sure to fill out the FAFSA correctly and timely (you can usually get better financial aid packages if you submit the form earlier) and see what sort of financial aid packages you get from the schools you're looking to transfer to after you get admitted. You'll hear various suggestions on how much is an acceptable amount of loans for your bachelors degree. I'd say that the absolute maximum in loans that you should be willing to take out for a bachelors degree would be $30K, preferably keep it under $20K. Others are more aggressive and will say you should be willing to take out up to what you think your first year salary will be after you graduate, so for most accounting majors that would be $55-60K. I think that's too much though. But seeing that you've already gotten some credits at a CC you shouldn't be looking at accumulating anywhere near that debt.

Also, when deciding which schools to transfer to take into consideration the reputation of the undergraduate business program and the career outcomes of the accounting grads from there. Most accounting grads are looking to go Big 4, but these firms recruit much more heavily from some schools and barely even interview kids from other schools. For instance, if you live in Maryland, you should be looking to transfer to UMD - College Park as job recruiting is much better from there than it is from any of the other state schools. Just another thing to keep in mind besides the debt. You gotta balance debt considerations with which schools gives you access to the best jobs, sometimes taking on a little extra debt is worth it for the right school.
 4 years ago '14        #100
tygamann1 122 heat pts122
space
space
$9,371 | Props total: 10378 10378
I'm only a sophomore (rising junior) and I have an internship with a Big 4 currently, but I've always been confused about having to get your license per state.

How does it work if I get my license in one state once I start working with a Big 4 and decide to relocate? Would I need to then get my license in the state I decide to relocate to?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
199 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo Switch - Life in colour
7 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy