Kevin Hart X-mad card
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
120 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #161
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
first off to me too short should be king of the bay area, dude been putting it down since the mid
80's, no disrespect to e-40 but when i think about bumping early sh*t from the bay it was all about too short, no ball and mjg on memphis wtf and im sorry ill take LA>>>>>>>>>>atl
no disrespect but ive never been a big fan of most of the music from atl, kast first album, a few ti albums, a few jeezy songs and thats it from atl, all that garbage crunk, never liked goodie mob, never liked anything from kast after their first album, not a fan of gucci, jermaine dupri, luda, just about nothing from atl, yeah atl maybe be "quote on quote" still relevant but when you speak about the all time classics from LA its not even close
the LA classics albums>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything from atl

my all time top 3

1.nyc
2.LA
3.houston
 04-22-2012, 09:29 AM         #162
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bruce Leeroy said:
Fixed
He coulda been born in Harlem Hospital he still from Jersey City.
NY dont want that n*gga. Sh*t NJ dont even want that n*gga. Lol
Thats the internet rapper
 6 years ago '04        #163
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,191 | Props total: 3339 3339
Just found the nicest cats in NY son

[video - click to view]

NY start putting cats like this back on then
 6 years ago '04        #164
space
space
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Joe Budden from Jersey City

Thats an L in itself.
 6 years ago '10        #165
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,617 | Props total: 693 693
 Legit1 said:
no body really runs my area

if fat trel really ran sh*t he would be on a major by now and have a more dedicated fanbase then just youngans from PG and DC...it's gonna be almost 3 years soon and he's on his 3rd mixtape

for all the flack Wale get's id be willing to bet he still got the most fans in the area by a wide margin

Phil Ade........n*gga no one listens to Phil Ade

Los from Bmore be doing his thing

Slutty Boyz are not a serious musical act

Shy Glizzy soon gonna be in Fat Trel position eventually

Black Cobain is basically Wale's sidekick

and........that's it
All of them do shows. Just not around here because people don't like to fu*k with their own artists. Trust people listen to Phil Ade. That n*gga is on every blog and does tracks with other other lowkey rappers like Casey Veggies, Dom Kennedy, etc. Outside of Wale, Tabi is the only rapper doing thing. He actually has albums and all his videos get played on MTV Jams/2 whatever.
 6 years ago '04        #166
Drich1998 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$971 | Props total: 45 45
Seattle is birthing a lot of the talent seen in some of the knowledgeable, intelligent rappers. I'm surprised they weren't listed anywhere. But I agree with this to a certain degree.
 6 years ago '04        #167
space
space
 Smokeen Freeman said:
Keyword was Hiphop Top 25 in HipHOp

Yall D town n*ggas stay tryna take us out the top 5

No n*gga Influence in HIP HOP N.O.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D town and its not even close

I think some cities wouldn't have even blowin up if it wasn't for
Cash Money with that bling bling sh*t.

N.O. n*ggas showed many of you n*ggas hwo to hustle and run this music sh*t.

Yall nigags need to respect somethin.
I don't want to discredit N.O but the "Bling Bling" sh*t had been around in hip-hop since the beginning, n*gga's was rocking rope chains, rings, fly clothes, furs... way back bruh.

And even Bad Boy beat No Limit and Cash Money to the moderate "bling era" Biggie was about to TAKE OFF with the materialistic braggadocio style of rap prior to NO hitting the mainstream. So if that's you big claim to fame for N.O then that's like Big Sean and Drake taking credit for the "hashtag flow" it had already been planted bruh N.O was just a branch.

And Detroit has a VAST VARIETY OF ARTIST ON THE HIP-HOP SCENE. A very influential and talented underground which is world renowned, the pioneers of the techno/electronic music which has evolved into dubstep, Some LEGENDARY battle emcees including the best in the world today Calico, and you see our mainstream success.

And please don't take J Dilla for granted he has done more sonically for hip-hop then No Limit could have dreamed of. (Mannie Fresh is an all time great and his influence is underrated imo he is big for N.O for sure)

N.O is mainstream for sure no doubt, but yall top heavy its like having one star on the team and hoping he can carry you against one of the deepest teams in the league. Ain't happening bruh only in Vibe
 6 years ago '05        #168
MyZ28 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,158 | Props total: 1265 1265
Memphis' theme song is "Nobody Needs Nobody" by Playa Fly.....
 6 years ago '04        #169
Jae_Hood_354 135 heat pts135
space
space
$8,552 | Props total: 3344 3344
what a shocker ny at number 1 lol
 6 years ago '05        #170
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,200 | Props total: 11807 11807
Chicago Shuda been top 5 @ least. But

And why isn't the anthem for Memphis Three 6 Mafia - M.E.M.P.H.I.S.
 6 years ago '04        #171
space
space
 THEINFAMOUS said:
Chicago Shuda been top 5 @ least. But

And why isn't the anthem for Memphis Three 6 Mafia - M.E.M.P.H.I.S.
Isn't Don Trip from M-Town?

That kid is the realest coming out of the south right now, may be too real for the flake a.ss industry
 6 years ago '04        #172
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,298 | Props total: 3908 3908
Tokyo in front of Memphis with 36 = list fail. Sorry.

No I'm not from Memphis but seriously think about it. Tokyo... No.
 6 years ago '07        #173
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 ManWithoutFear! said:
He coulda been born in Harlem Hospital he still from Jersey City.
NY dont want that n*gga. Sh*t NJ dont even want that n*gga. Lol
Thats the internet rapper
 6 years ago '08        #174
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,063 | Props total: 4850 4850
All I care about is that STL has once again beaten out Kansas City in something. And for that, I'm glad
 6 years ago '04        #175
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,325 | Props total: 2476 2476
trick tricks the mayor here and if they are gonna put dc/baltimore they might as well (minus well for some of u guys ) add flint...jon connor, dayton fam, mc breed
 6 years ago '06        #176
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
 Smokeen Freeman said:
Our up and comers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyone else really.

LOL u can act like No limit didn't have like a hundred artist an ran sh*t

you can act like CMB aint still around.

You can act like you dont know bout them JETS

Jay elctronica (lyrically)

Frank ocean etc...
Don't get me wrong. I'm from the H. I know how big No Limit was for Texas and Louisiana... same thing for Cash Money, but what have they brought to the game except those to labels. L.A. changed the whole scene
New York started it
ATL has been a mecca for music for some time (even though they helped water down rap)
Houston had/has one of the biggest underground following in the game. Including legendary rap artists that actually HELPED the game, Scarface, UGK, Devin the Dude. We got different coasts added screw to hooks, taking our slang.

New Orleans, yall got the biggest label around, but that's it. Yall are not changing the game. My reason is, what has New Orleans left on the game? Besides the artist yall brought out, what can yall say that IS New Orleans?
 6 years ago '04        #177
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,481 | Props total: 6643 6643
Looking at this list again I just realized Chicago isn't in the top 5

- Twista
- Common
- Kanye West
- Lupe Fiasco
- No ID
- Legendary Traxster
- The Cool Kids (Half of em anyway)
- Da Brat
- Shawanna
- Do Or Die
- Physco Drama
- Vakill
- The Mole Men
- LEP Bogus Boys
- Rhymefest

How the hell is the Chi NOT in the top 5?!? Hell the 1st 5 names alone should have them there
 6 years ago '11        #178
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 4607 4607
Austin mentioned but no Dallas?
 6 years ago '06        #179
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2330 2330
Nobody can ever argue NY & LA as 1/2. Chicago is one of thos cities that as way bigger influence than people ready to acknowledge. I always respected Chi emcees. But my hometown area is crazy under appreciated. Pittsburgh just now gettin shine offa Wiz/Mac/Rostrum, but anybody that really know, knows that Mel Man is HUGELY responsible for helping creating the "Aftermath" sound. His drum pattern is what 2001 was based off. His drums & Storch's keys replaced Daz/Warren G's G-Funk sound when he started Aftermath. Still D.R.E. is the perfect example of those drums. Sam Sneed was down w/death Row about 94/95. Think You Betta Recognize was one of the biggest songs on the Murda Was The Case soundtrack. Snead also produced for K Solo and Hit Squad (Redman/E Sermon/K Murray). Pittsburgh just gettin started. East End Empire got some heat. Franchise is young, but dope. Vinny Radio spits. Devin Miles is making some noise. My dude Pyrex Press & Moola Gang puttin in some serious work. Cardo/Sledgren/Jerm are 3 of the freshest new producers out there. ID Labs got Wiz & Mac in pocket and makin hits w/them dudes. Wait til you see the white emcees comin outta the area. Pittsburgh gonna have the white emcee game on smash. B White & The 58's are dope. Beadie is raw AF. Pittsburgh really bout to make some waves. And it's real emcees too. Truth be told the old Wiz could spit for real. n*ggas clown Mac, but he gettin the respect of vets like Cam & Premo. They boy decent as fukk on the mic. The 'Burgh bout to reall show out & put n*ggas on notice.
 6 years ago '06        #180
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2330 2330
For the record....when I think of Memphis, the first song that comes to mind is Lay It Down...Ball & G>>>>>>
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy