Kevin Hart X-mad card
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
103 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #101
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,247 | Props total: 24736 24736
 Veno da Don said:
I can't argue with this list. Thought my city may have been top 5 but really no city to knock off.

I will say this though the underground Detroit Hip-Hop scene is tragically underrated, from cats I grew up listening to like Rock Bottom(Big Herk- Guilty as Charged one of the great hip-hop albums ever), Street Lords(Blade, Juan>>) Eastside Chedda Boys, classic acts like Awesome Dre, newer acts like Danny Brown and Stretch Money, Dusty McFly, Helluva, Lodge Boys, DoughBoyzCashout(hottest in the streets), lyrical cats like Quest Mcody, Marvwon...

Don't sleep Detroit could easily be in the top 5.

And New York may be overrated they really haven't made much new noise in the last 10 years that's a. Whole era who they got to show the A.$.A.P crew??
exactly if this were 99 then yeah ny easily. But the only rappers outta ny to come out in the last few yrs that arent sh*t are.......that azealia banks chick??? Nicki and that asap crew are straight garbage.
 6 years ago '05        #102
!~MaC~! 3 heat pts
space
space
$817 | Props total: 15 15
Tokyo is ahead of Tdot?? pretty wack .
"City is mine" ISNT Toronto's anthem , if anything it would be Bacardi Slang, or The Anthem By Kardinal
Chocliar isnt even mentioned? ....... "Lets ride " is a Tdot track that gets love here .
Saukrates isnt even mentioned? ....
Drake the mayor of tdot... i guess because hes the only one getting love outside of Toronto .

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

19. TORONTO, CANADA
Rappers Who Rep: Drake, Maestro, Main Source, K-Os, K’Naan, Kardinal Offishall
City Anthem: Drake “City Is Mine”
Unofficial Mayor: Drake
 6 years ago '06        #103
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,381 | Props total: 4661 4661
 Mwana Ya Lola said:
They mention Tokyo but not Paris (France) ?
Word. Paris scene been around way longer and way more developed. They tripping
 6 years ago '10        #104
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,666 | Props total: 4516 4516
^^^^^^^^^fu*k toronto
 6 years ago '06        #105
space
space
 YARKONE said:
paris or marseille not being there is vibe showing that they just did a list not giving a fu*k.
Thank you...

You got

MC Solaar
Supreme NTM
IAM....fu*king IAM!
Sefyu
Kery James

etc.
 6 years ago '06        #106
space
space
 mastermind_AD said:
You forgot Xzibit and Kid rock give us all of ours.

The D should be top 5 easily. Not to mention the influence Detroit old School scene has had on today's top artist. But these n*ggas don't know sh*t. Damn near every rapper has sample music from Detroit.

On top of that Em is damn near the best in any rap category you can think of.
J Dilla's beats run deep.

i see you ATCQ...
 6 years ago '07        #107
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
Some of yall bein subjective.
 6 years ago '04        #108
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,486 | Props total: 6067 6067
n*ggaz mad cause they city aint number 1
 6 years ago '11        #109
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
LOL at ppl saying LA should be over ATL. NYC had a hot period and went cold. LA had a hot period and went cold. And during those time, ATL has consistently been making hot music. Name one period in the rap game you can say Atlanta fell off? When Outkast and DF wasn't k!lling it, Ludacris was k!lling it. When Luda wasn't k!llin it, TI was k!llin it. When TI wasn't k!llin it, Jeezy was k!llin it. Even Lil Jon has his run. Name my dog 2 Chainz about to k!ll

Name a rapper Atlanta didn't influence
 6 years ago '05        #110
!~MaC~! 3 heat pts
space
space
$817 | Props total: 15 15
 kiddrocay said:
^^^^^^^^^fu*k toronto
off yourself .
 6 years ago '11        #111
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,249 | Props total: 1285 1285
 norcal925 said:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to norcal925 again.
Didn't even know I gave u props earlier, haha.

[video - click to view]

One of my favorite songs from Mac Dre.
Mac Dre = True Originator.. They took homie to soon :( RIP MAC
 04-21-2012, 08:52 PM         #112
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NYC is where it belongs at number 1.
 6 years ago '07        #113
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,636 | Props total: 10701 10701
 -Artiz- said:
should be
la
ny
d
chi
atl
Why n*ggas keep tryna move the D in the top 5 and take da N.O out.Besides Em,Dilla,and Big Sean ain't nobody else is makin no noise The D is lucky to be in the Top 10 IMO
 6 years ago '04        #114
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,667 | Props total: 5357 5357
NYC gave you hip - hop and they cultivated it , they belong there . They gave LA Tupac , lol. Detroit's underground scene is where it is @ , we've always had one of the best when it came to that , and we never had somebody real blow up and really put the city on , so thats is where our strength is @ , and even tho I dont mess with the kid Eminem , him alone , shyts on a lot of cities and their " runs ".

Yes , he's white, but he has actual skills , and can rap , he wasnt on no Mac Miller shyt . The contributions that the city has made to the game are unseen , but only to the people who dont know , and go by what they are fed and arent in the know. Detroit's an important city always for hip- hop and music . Meech helped put Jeezy on , we have effects on the game in all areas .
 04-21-2012, 09:11 PM         #115
P of MOBB DEEP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
in my humble opinion, The Bay Area should be #3 then Chicago, then Houston then Detroit
 6 years ago '10        #116
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,666 | Props total: 4516 4516
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
And Bmore gave him to NY
but lumberton nc is where his moma was born and now resides again, see where Im getting at
 6 years ago '06        #117
imthatinfamous 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,997 | Props total: 3483 3483
fu*k that list left out too many artists in BOSTON like NBS and Smoke Bulger....that is hardly the cities anthem and Toronto higher than BOSTON? fu*k that bull sh*t this list stupid

and ayo, how is Nicki Minaj on the list of rapper who rep? how about the WU, how about Mobb Deep, my n*gga AZ, Big L, and both them black starr memebers just to name a few.

and fu*k that jay-z ft alicia keys bull sh*t that sh*t is hardly the anthem its just the latest attempt.

We can go old school with nas new york state of mind, jayz Brooklyn's finest, Grandmaster Flash and the furious five new york new york, even that jarule nas, jadakiss, and fat joe is far superior than that garbage....

list got me heated fu*k that

Last edited by imthatinfamous; 04-21-2012 at 09:41 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #118
imthatinfamous 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,997 | Props total: 3483 3483
all these n*ggas can eat a fat d!ck

"Compiled by Tanya Tien Chen, Johnathan Cruse, Clover Hope, John Kennedy, Stephanie Long, Niki McGloster, Iyana Robertson"
 6 years ago '04        #119
Myworld82 
space
space
$2,586 | Props total: 110 110
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
only issue I have is the artists they name.............how do you talk about Memphis and not mention Ball & G? how do you talk about The Bay and not mention Mac Dre or Spice? and I certainly dont understand how you talk about Houston and not mention Screw or The SUC?
Man I thought I was the only one that caught that sh*t. Ball and G was puttin it down somethin tough back in like '93, lol. And puttin us behind Cleveland and Tokyo? SERIOUSLY! Lol...
 6 years ago '11        #120
Ralph Nautica 70 heat pts70
space
space
$10,586 | Props total: 6490 6490
18. WASHINGTON D.C. / BALTIMORE
Rappers Who Rep: Wale, Phil Adé, Tabi Bonney, XO
City Anthem: Wale “D.C. Or Nothing”
Unofficial Mayor: Wale
Why It’s Important: Sure, the nation’s capital is often a.ssociated with the ’70s genre it birthed called go-go, but D.C. has recently transformed into an underground go-to for rappers. With a ride-or-die campaign by Baltimore-born rapper DMX (yes, he counts) and an ambitious preliminary from D.C. native Wale, the community has established a throng of hip-hop hopefuls including Phil Adé and XO. The high-energy pulse of go-go has infused the city’s rap culture with a rejuvenated bounce over the last four decades.

These n*ggas don't know sh*t. Baltimore and DC are two completely different cities and cultures.

Last edited by Ralph Nautica; 04-21-2012 at 10:23 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
198 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
62 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
165 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy