Vibe's 25 Most Important Cities in Hip-Hop

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
mastermind_AD 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,682 | Props total: 448 448
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
When we talkin about the BIG picture... the truth is nobody gave a fu*k about Detroit until Em came out... and nobody after him has had any type of real success . other than maybe big sean... and thats only cause he's hot at the moment.

You cant compare Detroit to N.O....

N.O may not have alot of artists... but cash money and no limit alone hold more weight than anyone on that list aside from Em. Like I said they influenced a whole ERA of the game... and we dont even need to talk about Wayne by himself at this point.

But thats ya city..so of course you goin to ride.... and I aint mad at ya.

smh... your dumb a.ss name says it all
Aside from Em right my n*gga and Em is from where? What about SV? what about J dilla? what about Kid rock?

Nobody has shock the rap game from N.O like Em has that's why ole boy replaced N.O with the D.

Royce is the head of slaughter house. Slaughter house being sign is one of the most important things that has happen in Hip Hop lately and the leader is from where? The n*gga that sign Them is from where?

If we talking sh*t being only hot at moments lets not forget No limit. No limit only had 2 1/2 years. So that leaves you Wayne. Wayne doing his damn thing and has been for a minute. I not even going to use kid rock or Em. Royce and the rest of slaughter house keeping real not selling out and still been able to get sign to a major label at this time in music is more important to hip hop than anything Weezy did for hip hop. That what this tread is about Most important cities in hip hop.

That sh*t Weezy been on lately ain't been hip hop or N.O he even said they should take the Saint's SB Title back. Man I miss my dogs and the dedication mix-tapes was important for hip hop but not this sh*t he on now.

n*gga much respect for replying like a man and keeping so we can discuss the issue.
 6 years ago '11        #82
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 1266 1266
 lucas white said:
Wow! Didn't know that. Props!

So it's safe to say the Geto Boys were influenced by Sacramento artists earlier in their career, on their horror themed songs?

Possibly Gravediggaz too?
Nah, props back.. You right, Getto Boys for the actual "horrorcore title".. Sac adopted from it and turned it into a different branch offa that.. you right, u just jumpstarted my head.. Houston barely broke back through in mid 2000's with that mainstream appeal.. That's why the bay fu*k wit houston, we been doin that sh*t for awhile and aint get the props we deserve.. I aint seen any Sac artist sell out like that. To hard for the m'fu*kin radio. They say E40 sold out, but he been staid independent making that independent money, feel me?

Last edited by SomeOnesoN; 04-21-2012 at 04:49 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #83
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
MIAMI bi*ch! - Keith Clark
 6 years ago '07        #84
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,473 | Props total: 14970 14970
 SomeOnesoN said:
Nah, props back.. You right, Gravediggas for the actual "horrorcore title".. Sac adopted from it and turned it into a different branch offa that.. you right, u just jumpstarted my head.. Houston barely broke back through in mid 2000's with that mainstream appeal.. That's why the bay fu*k wit houston, we been doin that sh*t for awhile and aint get the props we deserve.. I aint seen any Sac artist sell out like that. To hard for the m'fu*kin radio. They say E40 sold out, but he been staid independent making that independent money, feel me?
i think when he did that hyphy sh*t ppl felt he did
 04-21-2012, 04:42 PM         #85
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how u name all the Hot Boys & leave out Turk an the Big Tymers
 6 years ago '05        #86
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
LOL at not mentioning paris

list is hella mtv style
 6 years ago '11        #87
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 1266 1266
 Grown Man Ish said:
LOL at not mentioning paris

list is hella mtv style
Paris>>

Personally, he was more revolutionary then all them foos from NWA. "The Devil Made Me Do It.

While all of NWA "sold out" through time, Paris always kept his content the same. Going in on politicians with that conscious rap material. Paris is one of my favorite rappers from Frisco, hands down.

Oscar Jackson, Jr. (born October 29, 1967), better known by his stage name Paris is an American rapper from San Francisco, California, known for his highly charged political and socially conscious lyrics. Influenced by the Black Panthers, he was once a member of the Nation of Islam,[1] but now is agnostic.
I agree with that hyphy movement bullsh*t.. It was just Crunk Music with a bay area twist.. Hated that sh*t, and hated everything it stood for.. If Mac Dre was still alive.... Hella people made money off of him, that's why I don't fu*k wit Fab, Guice, J-Diggs, Cut Throat Committee, and rappers of the like. I'm into that real sh*t tho, so I am a bit biased.

The thing is, E40 did it to put the bay on the map. Even tho Houston started that crunk sh*t, E40 was tryin to put his homies on (i.e: Keak da Sneak).. Another thing is with that hyphy sh*t, that's really how it is out there.. The slang, the ghost ridin, the mannerisms.. It's how the lifestyle is out there and been.. I guess he used hyphy as an outlet to show it and put it out there. One thing we can mutually agree with is that some of our lingo has been swagger jacked, and we never got props where props were due.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by SomeOnesoN; 04-21-2012 at 05:16 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #88
Clutch City Kid 139 heat pts139
space
space
$28,293 | Props total: 28724 28724
When will my city get some LOVE!!! not till real hip hop comes back i guess....

We got heat in Seattle, ppl just dont get to hear it unless they got their ear to the underground scene... Jake One, Grynch, Eighty4 Fly, Boom Bap Project, Grayskul, the entire Oldominion crew! Onry Ozzborn an all them dudes!! Vitamin D, D Black , Macklemore (at least he got on the freshman cover) ... Blue Scholars, Common Market, Dyme Def, Spac3man the list goes on an on... maybe someday
 04-21-2012, 05:32 PM         #89
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ROFLSTOMP said:
Garbage list from top to bottom. Toronto and London should both be well above Toyko.

Also "LONDON: Rappers Who Rep: Devlin, Dizzee Rascal, Estelle, Lady Sovereign, Ms. Dynamite, Tinie Tempah" no.
amen

came to say the exact same thing
 6 years ago '07        #90
Avon_Barksdale 4344 heat pts4344
space
space
$42,481 | Props total: 56002 56002
11. VIRGINIA BEACH
Rappers Who Rep: Clipse, Pharrell Williams, Missy Elliot, N.E.R.D., Timbaland
City Anthem: The Clipse “Grindin’”
Unofficial Mayor: Pharrell Williams
Why It’s Important: Hear that Neptunes sound? Besides the Clipse championing coke rap, V.A. Beach is a hotbed for dope producers. Timbaland rose in the mid-’90s, laying monster tracks for everyone from Ginuwine to Aaliyah, Jay-Z and Ludacris, while Pharrell and Chad Hugo produced almost half of what was on airwaves and paved a landscape for newcomers like Odd Future to break sonic boundaries.

I used to live there...so many hoes...
 6 years ago '05        #91
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
paris or marseille not being there is vibe showing that they just did a list not giving a fu*k.
 6 years ago '05        #92
TCV|m 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,997 | Props total: 27 27
how do they not mention rich the factor when talking about kansas city?

these fools dont know sh*t..buncha nerds
 6 years ago '04        #93
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,565 | Props total: 2423 2423
 Fresh Whyte said:
@ Lil Wayne Being The Mayor For The Louisiana. Naaaa That n*gga Mayor of Miami & Replace The Louisiana Mayor With Master P or Something.
This...
 6 years ago '07        #94
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,624 | Props total: 2469 2469
this thread is a failure as soon as i saw that atl was number 2 instead of la I
 6 years ago '06        #95
ProLogic 
space
space
$4,763 | Props total: 9 9
The fact that they put Yo Gotti's "Touchdown" as Memphis anthem is so disrespectful to this city. n*ggas betta pay homage to the REAL King of Memphis, Playa Fly.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #96
LilKray 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,304 | Props total: 2 2
my n*gga pharrell at #13
 6 years ago '11        #97
mystic boy 367 heat pts367
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 163 163
ATL
 6 years ago '07        #98
Nothavingit 53 heat pts53
space
space
$5,737 | Props total: 1136 1136
 DesertEagle said:
Why in the fu*k they groupin B-More with DC? Not everybody fu*k with Wale like that..
forreal I'd rather not have bmore on the list than for it to be grouped in with dc
 6 years ago '04        #99
-Artiz- 
space
space
$5,144 | Props total: 75 75
should be
la
ny
d
chi
atl
 6 years ago '11        #100
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,814 | Props total: 1196 1196
 SomeOnesoN said:
Nah, props back.. You right, Getto Boys for the actual "horrorcore title".. Sac adopted from it and turned it into a different branch offa that.. you right, u just jumpstarted my head.. Houston barely broke back through in mid 2000's with that mainstream appeal.. That's why the bay fu*k wit houston, we been doin that sh*t for awhile and aint get the props we deserve.. I aint seen any Sac artist sell out like that. To hard for the m'fu*kin radio. They say E40 sold out, but he been staid independent making that independent money, feel me?

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
14 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
53 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy