OJ Mayo shunned Celtics trade: 'I don't care about the banners'

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
249 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #41
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181

O.J. Mayo is garbage and should be honored Danny Ainge even temporarily knew who the fu*k he was
 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM         #42
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 keithbm1111 said:
Good guy sucks. That was an awful trade
Mayo sucks? One of the best bench players in the league. Dude's been coming up with huge shots in 4th quarters as of late including an 18 point 4th in a comeback victory. He gets his share of steals too I'd take OJ on my team any day.
 04-19-2012, 03:45 PM         #43
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait just how many of you n*ggas think OJ Mayo sucks? You're opinion is far from credible if you think the guy sucks. 13 points, 3 rebounds, 3 a.ssists, and a steal coming off the bench on a legit team. What more are you looking for out of your backup 2 guard?
 6 years ago '09        #44
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,393 | Props total: 5103 5103
traded him to the hornets for eric gordon in 2k
 6 years ago '07        #45
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,624 | Props total: 2469 2469
 keithbm1111 said:
Good guy sucks. That was an awful trade
This.. oj is still a good player but he's nowhere near as good as he once was..i'd take an aging ray allen over oj mayo anyday..thank god ainge didn't make that trade, it would've been horrible.. @ any player not wanting to come to a legitimate contender and arguably the best franchise in pro basketball especially when their team isn't going anywhere ..thank god that n*gga felt that way
 04-19-2012, 04:06 PM         #46
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dont no black man really wanna play in Boston.
 6 years ago '04        #47
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,251 | Props total: 716 716
 Dee Grande said:

The news that the Celtics had deals in place to trade both Ray Allen and Paul Pierce at the deadline can't be surprising . . . but the reasons they fell apart might be.

Celtics analyst, and ex-UConn and NBA star, Donny Marshall said O.J. Mayo, who was coming to Boston in the Allen trade (the proposal was Mayo and a draft choice for Allen), [SIZE="4"]scuttled things by making it clear Boston held no appeal to him.

"On the Memphis side, O.J. Mayo was the guy who pretty much said, 'It really doesn't interest me to be a Boston Celtic,' " Marshall told Carolyn Manno on Wednesday night's 'Sports Net Central'. "I think what he was told was, 'Think about the banners. Think about the history of this team,the legacy.' And O.J. Mayo basically said, 'I don't care about banners.'

"And that's how the players think today. It's not about the banners; it's about 'Where can I win? Where can I get paid the most?' "

[pic - click to view]

i guess he wasn't feeling the upcoming rondo/rebuild era
this is truly horrible reporting. Props to Mayo for not falling for the trick , to give props to another team and not your own.
The writer did not succeed in his plan of a scoop...so he turned it negative which is just garbage. If it was donnie marshall ...he should no better than this...
 6 years ago '04        #48
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,251 | Props total: 716 716
 MAKAVELI2199 said:

O.J. Mayo is garbage and should be honored Danny Ainge even temporarily knew who the fu*k he was
glad you used the homo Drake smiley for your own post. summed your post right up.
 6 years ago '10        #49
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,313 | Props total: 1964 1964
hood n*gga sh*t
 6 years ago '07        #50
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,624 | Props total: 2469 2469
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Dont no black man really wanna play in Boston.
Is that why their team is filled with black players? Not to mention their starting 5 has been all n*ggas for how long now? oh yeah, YEARS lol..idgaf about the city of boston, is it filled with racist a.ss white/irish descendants? Of course but do they have the best organization in pro ball and football, hell fu*king yeah..it's not the city that makes me a fan of the team, it's the players and the way the team plays the sport..as a player you think $$$ first then the best position to be a championship contender ..boston may not have the money right now but they sure as hell have one of the best positions to be a championship contender and this isn't only now and recent years but throughout history

Last edited by Deniro732; 04-19-2012 at 04:35 PM..
 04-19-2012, 04:40 PM         #51
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
i wouldn't care about the banners because they are not my banners

people still think oj got next
OJ suppose to been had next...

04-19-2012, 04:41 PM         #52
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
u boston ppl are crazy oj and rondo could be your future that a great trade for u and a draft pick. for old allen who won't be on your team next year oj only 24 not even in his prime yet
Yea cause the fans decide if we make the trades or not...
 6 years ago '04        #53
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,483 | Props total: 2721 2721
he probably was scared ...that was the chance of his life ,be a starter and take over the team
i m happy he said no ,our big 3 will end the season together
 6 years ago '07        #54
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,784 | Props total: 2399 2399
BULLsh*tTTT..

Because Mayo would rather be in f'n Memphis than BOSTON.

Ridiculous, all a fabrication.
 6 years ago '08        #55
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
yea i love oj...............but jesus would help us get farther
 6 years ago '11        #56
indagame 20 heat pts20
space
space
$8,472 | Props total: 6335 6335
i'm hoping Philly can bring in OJ
 6 years ago '08        #57
eddyman11 
space
space
$126 | Props total: 16 16
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Mayo would probably improve next to Rondo.

Can't front, if Boston could trot out a team with Rondo, Mayo, Pierce, Bass, Bradley, re-sign Jeff Green and get a center, they'd be a playoff team again next year. Hell, maybe even re-sign KG too.
Word you right. And Memphis would win too. Add a cold blooded clutch shooter, veteran, championship guy. RAY ALLEN would just be running thru screens or creating space for Gasol and Zach Randolph daring some one to double in the paint.

And avery bradley is nice so Boston could rebuild within a year without missing the play offs

WIN WIN.
 6 years ago '04        #58
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
have you seen CAPTAIN TRUTH putting in work lately,,,mannn im glad this trade DIDNT go down!
 6 years ago '04        #59
Dash 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$8,162 | Props total: 17786 17786
Jesus Shuttlesworth will be a Bull next season. Glad it didn't happen.
 04-19-2012, 08:08 PM         #60
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deniro732 said:
This.. oj is still a good player but he's nowhere near as good as he once was..i'd take an aging ray allen over oj mayo anyday..thank god ainge didn't make that trade, it would've been horrible.. @ any player not wanting to come to a legitimate contender and arguably the best franchise in pro basketball especially when their team isn't going anywhere ..thank god that n*gga felt that way
Grizz are a legit contender and Mayo knows he has a good shot at a ring in Memphis. A team having banners and history doesnt mean sh*t. Mayo knows he can be a part of his own history here in Memphis

Last edited by Tempus # 1; 04-19-2012 at 08:11 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
35 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy