OJ Mayo shunned Celtics trade: 'I don't care about the banners'

most viewed right now
 Video inside Diddy gets clowned on TV...
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-19-2012, 10:58 AM         #21
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bkid said:
dont worry Mayo you'll care about banners when you'll be in your 30s with zero rings
with a hunnid milli in his bank account, i doubt it....fu*k a ring...get your stats and make money

04-19-2012, 11:00 AM         #22
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 keithbm1111 said:
yeah because its LA. all players care about now a days are: good city, the beaches, places to film reality shows...history means nothing to them. just give them a city with nice weather year round and a chance to be on TV and they
ask Sessions if he give a fu*k about Kobe or Gasol rings, you know the hoes Sessions baggin right now? living that life like Boston George right now on the beach
 6 years ago '08        #23
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 4544 4544
 ttime236 said:
Mayo did enter the league while Boston fans were rocking the paper bags sooo
when Mayo came to the league Celtics were the defending champions
 04-19-2012, 11:18 AM         #24
Chest Rockwell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 braided_uppimp said:
with a hunnid milli in his bank account, i doubt it....fu*k a ring...get your stats and make money

Acting all apathetic on the court and openly saying he dont give a fu*k about winning will cost him dollars in the long run fool
 6 years ago '07        #25
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,263 | Props total: 310 310
 braided_uppimp said:

is that you, LeBron?
 6 years ago '07        #26
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 bkid said:
when Mayo came to the league Celtics were the defending champions
True. I worded it wrong but I was tryna say Boston wasn't much in the 2000's while Mayo was growing up so the banners don't mean much to a kid that never watched them get those rings. Most kids these days arent about that history/prestige, its bout money and comfort
 6 years ago '10        #27
Cool Fly High 
space
space
$188 | Props total: 2 2
lol yall celt fans are trippin......everyone else BUT you fools know what memphis is doing to OJ right now....i guess yall forgot about him going toe to toe with kobe and dropping 40 on him in his rook yr and putting up big numbers his first 2 yrs in the league. Once that kid gets out of memphis you'll see

OJ to the Nets!!! :applause2:
 6 years ago '05        #28
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,086 | Props total: 6985 6985
fu*k you Orange juice.....you only sayin that because you found out the deal aint go through.....be a loser forever....your stock has gone down every year since HS......cornball....you like one of those movies where somebody goes back to the past n changes somethin n they start disappearin in their picture......
 6 years ago '11        #29
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,051 | Props total: 3204 3204
 Chest Rockwell said:
Acting all apathetic on the court and openly saying he dont give a fu*k about winning will cost him dollars in the long run fool
he didnt say he didnt care about winning..he said he didnt want to get traded and he didnt give a fu*k about those banners
 6 years ago '04        #30
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,450 | Props total: 6520 6520
i wouldn't care about the banners because they are not my banners

people still think oj got next
 6 years ago '09        #31
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,196 | Props total: 22667 22667
 Cool Fly High said:
lol yall celt fans are trippin......everyone else BUT you fools know what memphis is doing to OJ right now....i guess yall forgot about him going toe to toe with kobe and dropping 40 on him in his rook yr and putting up big numbers his first 2 yrs in the league. Once that kid gets out of memphis you'll see

I guess you forgot about tony two piecing him and taking his starting spot
 04-19-2012, 12:18 PM         #32
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cool Fly High said:

mayo is more of a 6th man/7th man than a 36-40 minute player

when he started the 2 years we won 22 games each season and wiht him comin off the bench we winnin back to back 40+ with his stats being better and him bein more effectiveiono why yall a.ssume he'll be that n*gga but eventually youll see

he need to be more consistent
 04-19-2012, 12:33 PM         #33
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cool Fly High said:

toe to toe with Kobe?? lmao hell nah...Kobe always k!lled him though...i don't remember him dropping 40 on Kobe, u being sarcastic
 6 years ago '04        #34
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,236 | Props total: 3056 3056
 SmooveDude said:
mayo is more of a 6th man/7th man than a 36-40 minute player

when he started the 2 years we won 22 games each season and wiht him comin off the bench we winnin back to back 40+ with his stats being better and him bein more effectiveiono why yall a.ssume he'll be that n*gga but eventually youll see

he need to be more consistent
I dont know why youre trying to explain this to anyone. its easy to tell who actually watches Grizzlies games and who just talks out of their a.ss
 6 years ago '10        #35
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,618 | Props total: 30600 30600
Loston takes another L.

Kg didnt wanna come either at first.
 6 years ago '09        #36
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,435 | Props total: 12370 12370
 TriniSoldier said:
You are a restricted free agent after this year, could you see yourself playing in a place like Boston?

Mayo: Yeah sure. If there is an NBA team I’d be happy to play there. But right now my main goal is to play for Memphis and hopefully help get them their first NBA Championship.

Is there any stigma about Boston? In the past not all athletes have wanted to play in Boston, it took KG some convincing. Does that still exist?

Mayo: I’ve never heard of that. It’s always been one of the top organizations in basketball. Ever since you were a little boy start playing basketball you always heard about the Boston Celtics and Larry Bird, all the great players, it’s always been a great organization.

Not even gonna pull up the quote where n*gga was like rondo the top pg he wanna play with in the league

Sike

"If I had to choose one to play with, I think it would be (Boston's) Rajon Rondo, just because he gets guys the ball in the right spots," Mayo explained when asked to name the best in the league. "Any scorer or shooter or big man would love to play with a point guard like that."

I'm good on oj tho. Would be great off the bench but Avery is looking to nasty on offense, and defense. Jesus off the bench >>>>
source? date? full interview?

Not disputing the info but you know you have to drop that as well when providing quotes
 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM         #37
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gangtsa said:
Im pretty sure that entire team improved leaps and bounds since oj's first two seasons. Their coach thinks Oj's scoring is better of the bench for that team.
last year tony allen started in his spot and we drafted xavier henry 1st round.....OJ is streaky and very inconsistenti aint sayin he wont go off for 35 but i am sayin he'll have multiple games in a row with less than 8 and 4-5 turnovers

he's better off the bench coming in building his confidence havin the green light against 2nd string players

now this year tony allen is havin a career year and mayo is havin the best year of his career as well....way more efficient
 6 years ago '05        #38
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 SmoothTay said:
Loston takes another L.

Kg didnt wanna come either at first.
shut up ya damn bum.....KG came n got himself a ring....somethin that team your a fan of knows nothin bout
 6 years ago '05        #39
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 gangtsa said:
I dont think OJ mayo is on bx b. Why all the built up hatred?
hatred? thats my first post on BX about him.....he's nobody to me....I forgot he even existed. he is a loser and will forever be one......im bout winning hes nothing....
 6 years ago '10        #40
mixtapelive 272 heat pts272
space
space
space
$3,401 | Props total: 2491 2491
I love all this bullsh*t fans and ex-players bring up about money. Banners and rings are nice, but you gotta think about yourself and your family first. It doesn't matter if you're getting paid millions already, if you've got an opportunity to get paid a couple million more it's just bad business not taking it especially if you're a young player. As long as you're giving your all on whatever team you're playing on then fu*k the banners.

After all these players pursued a career in basketball to make a living from it and just like any other business and any other working human being you're always trying to make more and more money right?

It's a little different if you're a superstar player though, especially if you're in your 3rd or 4th contract.

Last edited by mixtapelive; 04-19-2012 at 03:38 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
43 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
40 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
77 comments
21 hours ago