OJ Mayo shunned Celtics trade: 'I don't care about the banners'

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
92 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
11142 pageviews
101 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
OJ Mayo shunned Celtics trade: 'I don't care about the banners'

The news that the Celtics had deals in place to trade both Ray Allen and Paul Pierce at the deadline can't be surprising . . . but the reasons they fell apart might be.

Celtics analyst, and ex-UConn and NBA star, Donny Marshall said O.J. Mayo, who was coming to Boston in the Allen trade (the proposal was Mayo and a draft choice for Allen), [SIZE="4"]scuttled things by making it clear Boston held no appeal to him.

"On the Memphis side, O.J. Mayo was the guy who pretty much said, 'It really doesn't interest me to be a Boston Celtic,' " Marshall told Carolyn Manno on Wednesday night's 'Sports Net Central'. "I think what he was told was, 'Think about the banners. Think about the history of this team,the legacy.' And O.J. Mayo basically said, 'I don't care about banners.'

"And that's how the players think today. It's not about the banners; it's about 'Where can I win? Where can I get paid the most?' "

[pic - click to view]

Mayo on Celtics: 'I don't care about the banners'

[pic - click to view]

i guess he wasn't feeling the upcoming rondo/rebuild era

101 comments for "OJ Mayo shunned Celtics trade: 'I don't care about the banners'"

6 years ago '11        #2
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,050 | Props total: 3201 3201
that's how the players think today. It's not about the banners; it's about 'Where can I win? Where can I get paid the most?
Mayo

This n*gga Donnie Marshall salty as fu*k..why should he care about those banners he didn't win any of them..n*gga tried to make it about money..OJ probably just didn't want to go there..or anywhere

Last edited by DRAGONFLY JONES; 04-19-2012 at 07:07 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #3
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,229 | Props total: 17642 17642
tell em how how you feel my n*gga
 6 years ago '07        #4
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Good guy sucks. That was an awful trade
 04-19-2012, 07:25 AM         #5
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nobody wants to play in gay a.ss boston
 6 years ago '09        #6
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,073 | Props total: 22485 22485
You are a restricted free agent after this year, could you see yourself playing in a place like Boston?

Mayo: Yeah sure. If there is an NBA team Iíd be happy to play there. But right now my main goal is to play for Memphis and hopefully help get them their first NBA Championship.

Is there any stigma about Boston? In the past not all athletes have wanted to play in Boston, it took KG some convincing. Does that still exist?

Mayo: Iíve never heard of that. Itís always been one of the top organizations in basketball. Ever since you were a little boy start playing basketball you always heard about the Boston Celtics and Larry Bird, all the great players, itís always been a great organization.

Not even gonna pull up the quote where n*gga was like rondo the top pg he wanna play with in the league

Sike

"If I had to choose one to play with, I think it would be (Boston's) Rajon Rondo, just because he gets guys the ball in the right spots," Mayo explained when asked to name the best in the league. "Any scorer or shooter or big man would love to play with a point guard like that."

I'm good on oj tho. Would be great off the bench but Avery is looking to nasty on offense, and defense. Jesus off the bench >>>>
 6 years ago '09        #7
space
space
 .:RELOADED:. said:
boston fans should be loving this deal

u were ripping memphis off

mayo (24 young and lots of upside still) and a draft pick for ray allen who has maybe a year or 2 max left

There's a reason why pretty much every memphis fan wanted the deal done, and every boston fan didn't.
 04-19-2012, 08:00 AM         #8
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

mayo (24 young and lots of upside still) and a draft pick for ray allen who has maybe a year or 2 max left
Pretty much true

Allen is da gawd, but that contract and him getting older don't mix well.
 6 years ago '09        #9
whatzg00d 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$680 | Props total: 49 49

no thank you. i'm glad this did not go through! this would not even be an improvement to the team....
 6 years ago '06        #10
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1

I'd rather rock with Avery Bradley and let him keep improving alongside Ray. Mayo is a bi*ch n*gga who carries around that sense of entitlement
 04-19-2012, 09:32 AM         #11
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i respect what he said, but lets be real, he didn't want to play for that sh*t hole, i bet you if Lakers was making a trade for him, he'd be like fu*k yea
 6 years ago '09        #12
space
space
 braided_uppimp said:
i respect what he said, but lets be real, he didn't want to play for that sh*t hole, i bet you if Lakers was making a trade for him, he'd be like fu*k yea
sh*t hole?
 6 years ago '07        #13
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 TriniSoldier said:
sh*t hole?
Mayo did enter the league while Boston fans were rocking the paper bags sooo
 6 years ago '05        #14
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
u boston ppl are crazy oj and rondo could be your future that a great trade for u and a draft pick. for old allen who won't be on your team next year oj only 24 not even in his prime yet
 6 years ago '05        #15
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
why should he care about banners that have nothing to do with him?
 6 years ago '08        #16
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,244 | Props total: 4542 4542
dont worry Mayo you'll care about banners when you'll be in your 30s with zero rings
 6 years ago '10        #17
kingjab7542 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 587 587

n*gga.....
 6 years ago '10        #18
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,503 | Props total: 9828 9828
myyy niggggaaa

[pic - click to view]

fu*k boston
 6 years ago '07        #19
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 braided_uppimp said:
yeah because its LA. all players care about now a days are: good city, the beaches, places to film reality shows...history means nothing to them. just give them a city with nice weather year round and a chance to be on TV and they
 04-19-2012, 10:47 AM         #20
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
I'd rather rock with Avery Bradley and let him keep improving alongside Ray. Mayo is a bi*ch n*gga who carries around that sense of entitlement
were do people get this from? He has been a good team player since hes been in Memphis. Does everything the coach tells him without complaining and hes nothing but professional
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildlandís new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy