Apr 18 - Boy paralysed by bully's 'freak' punch to his stomach wins $4.2million legal victory

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
192 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
113 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-18-2012, 11:25 PM         #1
7216 pageviews
60 comments

ThatHustle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apr 18 - Boy paralysed by bully's 'freak' punch to his stomach wins $4.2million legal victory

[pic - click to view]

April 19 - Boy paralysed by bully's 'freak' punch to his stomach wins $4.2million legal victory - ThatHustle.com

[pic - click to view]

Sawyer Rosenstein pictured here at the Space Shuttle's final launch in 2011 in Florida received a $4.2 million settlement from a New Jersey school district after being paralysed by a bully in 2006

A New Jersey student who was left paralysed by a known bully has been awarded a $4.2 million legal settlement by the school district.

The settlement between the Ramsey school district and the family of Sawyer Rosenstein, who had complained to the district about being bullied, was worked out over the past two months but not made public until last week.

The family's lawsuit alleged school officials knew or should have known the boy's attacker had violent tendencies and failed to comply with a state anti-bullying law, said the Rosensteins' attorney, Jeffrey Youngman.

Scroll Down for Video

The boy had punched another student in the face on a school bus a year earlier, but the school kept no record of it or other attacks and the attacker was not subjected to escalating discipline, the suit said.

Three months before being punched, Rosenstein, then 12, emailed school officials to report he was being bullied and to ask for help.

'I would like to let you know that the bullying has increased,' wrote Rosenstein to his guidance counselor at the Eric Smith Middle School.
'I would like to figure out some coping mechanisms to deal with these situations, and I would just like to put this on file so if something happens again, we can show that there was past bullying situations.'

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Space fanatic: Buzz Aldrin poses for a photo with 16-year-old Sawyer Rosenstein at the Intrepid Museum in New York in 2010 four years after a known school bully left him paralysed

Sawyer was punched in the abdomen at school on May 16, 2006, dropping him to his knees.

When he came home that day he complained of pain in his back but otherwise felt fine, his father, Joel Rosenstein, told The Record of Woodland Park.

Two days later, the seventh-grader let out a scream in his bedroom.
'We picked him up and called an ambulance,' said Joel Rosenstein.
'He hasn't walked since.'

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Sawyer Rosenstein (left) sued the Ramsey school district after being left paralysed in a freak incident despite letting the school know he was being bullied

The punch had caused a clot in a major artery that supplies blood to his spine, leaving him paralysed from the waist down from what his attorney described as an 'incredibly rare' injury.

The Ramsey Board of Education released a statement Wednesday denying any wrongdoing and saying that it was the district's insurance carriers that decided to enter into the settlement and will pay it out.

'The district's character education and harassment/intimidation/bullying initiatives and reporting practices are leading edge,' said the statement.
'All programs in this area far exceed all of the criteria established by the state of New Jersey.'

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Sawyer Rosenstein suffered a freak clot on his spine after being punched by a bully at his school

Both Youngman and the board said the settlement did not include any admission of liability or fault on the part of the district.

Sawyer Rosenstein who is now an 18-year-old studying communication at Syracuse University, told The a.ssociated Press that he decided to talk about the case to let others who are bullied know that they can recover.

'I think I became something greater than I ever could have become without it,' he said.

After he was paralysed, he gave up his fledgling acting career and started attending a camp where he learned about space.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Sawyer has now rebuilt his life and is now going to Syracuse University in upstate New York and is a Freshman studying communication

He later started a space-oriented podcast and attended last year's final space shuttle launch with a media credential, which inspired him to study communication.

'There is never enough money in the world that could compensate someone who is paralysed,' said Youngman, the family lawyer.
'It is a story of triumph and moving on.'

The Rosensteins also settled a claim against the boy who attacked their son.
The family lawyer said the terms were confidential.

View Video Here:
[pic - click to view]

http://thathustle.com/for .. -10093265.html

Source:
[pic - click to view]

Daily Mail x
[pic - click to view]

TH

60 comments for "Apr 18 - Boy paralysed by bully's 'freak' punch to his stomach wins $4.2million legal victory"

04-18-2012, 11:34 PM         #2
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's fu*ked up.
 6 years ago '10        #3
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
"Bully" should have one of his legs taken as retribution (if not both).
 6 years ago '04        #4
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,448 | Props total: 6039 6039
how da fuk u get punched in the stomach and ya spine gets fu*ked up
 04-19-2012, 10:51 AM         #5
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
Idk but it reminded me of the time I punched a bully in junior high, for bullying this [literally] poor kid. I hit him square in his stomach and he started to cry in the lunch line. Justice was served!
 6 years ago '04        #6
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,871 | Props total: 1905 1905
Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.
 6 years ago '10        #7
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3
Karma will come back around for the Bully.

As for the victim he looks like he's happy in the photos, and still enjoying life.. good for him.
 04-19-2012, 02:57 PM         #8
ThatHustle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
yo! right! thats why i put this up on here, i mean great for the lil dude gettin money and all but how the fukk does this even happen in the first place. Reminds me of the kid who punched another little kid in the chest and stopped his heart. sh1ts crazy.
 6 years ago '04        #9
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,544 | Props total: 5135 5135
damn that kick must of been deep for that dude to go paralyzed. Still can't walk.
 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM         #10
Chopzilla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The punch caused a "freak" clot in his spine.

Anyways dude seem like he living on with his life pretty good. Hopefully his abnormal injury could be repaired sometime in the future or something.
 6 years ago '11        #11
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,263 | Props total: 19971 19971
4 mill isnt enough IMO
 6 years ago '05        #12
Clutch City Kid 138 heat pts138
space
space
$28,224 | Props total: 28625 28625
DAMN!!! a punch to the gut did that?? we do that sh*t for fun!!! WTF!!!
 6 years ago '07        #13
BigAssTree 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$546 | Props total: 0 0
 StatisticZ said:
Idk but it reminded me of the time I punched a bully in junior high, for bullying this [literally] poor kid. I hit him square in his stomach and he started to cry in the lunch line. Justice was served!
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:

ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
 ThatHustle said:
yo! right! thats why i put this up on here, i mean great for the lil dude gettin money and all but how the fukk does this even happen in the first place. Reminds me of the kid who punched another little kid in the chest and stopped his heart. sh1ts crazy.
Did you guys even read the article? ThatHustle... you posted the article, it explains it in the article.
 6 years ago '07        #14
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,618 | Props total: 2465 2465
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
 ThatHustle said:
the answer is in the article, "The punch had caused a clot in a major artery that supplies blood to his spine, leaving him paralysed from the waist down from what his attorney described as an 'incredibly rare' injury"...it's a shame that n*ggas don't even fully read any longer they just skim through the article ..anyways it's a shame what happened to this kid, bullying is no joking matter and needs to stop asap..but my god that kid looks like such a lame a.ss f*ggot

Last edited by Deniro732; 04-19-2012 at 03:56 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #15
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,871 | Props total: 1905 1905
 Deniro732 said:
the answer is in the article, "The punch had caused a clot in a major artery that supplies blood to his spine, leaving him paralysed from the waist down from what his attorney described as an 'incredibly rare' injury"...it's a shame that n*ggas don't even fully read any longer they just skim through the article ..anyways it's a shame what happened to this kid, bullying is no joking matter and needs to stop asap..but my god that kid looks like such a lame a.ss f*ggot
I'm sure that's what the bully was thinking right before he ruined this guys life.
 6 years ago '09        #16
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
damn but after this settlement he is rolling in the money now....
 6 years ago '08        #17
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
Should have gotten more dough.
 6 years ago '08        #18
Crankdatkfc 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,182 | Props total: 362 362
 klm1015 said:
damn but after this settlement he is rolling in the money now....
nice concept for a wheel chair joke but poor execution so I'll give that joke a 4/10.
 04-19-2012, 05:15 PM         #19
OOps  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everybody got your Roll on................He probably spending all of it at stroker's with the bully. That would not be enough if i lost both my legs. fu*k ALL That!
 6 years ago '10        #20
Sk8bamboo 47 heat pts47
space
space
$1,323 | Props total: 532 532
That's why I didn't play that macho bull ish in HS. Everybody knew you hit me or do some BS hazing in the locker room at football practice writing on ppl passed out ect. Remember dudes walking around calling "open chest" and hittin' ppl off guard Let them know from jump you not playing those types of games man.

I AM swinging back. Won't be no second time bro

Sorry for dude thou but 4mill is not enough , Fuk a bully man cowards
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Bortles on Seahawks: "We beat the crap out of them for 60 minutes"
93 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy