Why the end of the $60 video game is near

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
62 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
102 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,200 | Props total: 15035 15035
 Grown Man Ish said:
havnt bought a game in ages...............

because i dont think they give back alott

i bought a bottle of rum, for 200 dollars, i got drunk, it tasted good i had fun

i bought a pair of dior jeans for 600, they feel beautiful look nice and got me pus*y (not really but indirectly)

i look at a game, and figure imma be sitting in the same spot for 20+hours getting nothing back from that sh*t but a headache and slight dizzyness when im done

i aint payin 60 dollars for that

fu*k that
 6 years ago '04        #82
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,466 | Props total: 2953 2953
I dont see why games are that expensive. I thought thats why they went to actual disc and went away from cartridges.

This is why everyone flashes their drives
 6 years ago '05        #83
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
Steam sales on PC >>>>
 6 years ago '11        #84
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,069 | Props total: 514 514
remember when this game was just $20
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #85
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #86
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
Only games I fu*k with are gta v and nba 2k
 6 years ago '06        #87
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
 Pierced Talentz said:
Yall really pay $60 for a game?

Y'all must be them n*ggas that actually buy on release date instead of waiting

For example Mass effect 3 sold a sh*t load, i waited

Not even a full month and mass effect is on sale for $40....good price but im still waiting

u broke a.ss n*gga'
stfu
 6 years ago '09        #88
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 602 602
 Da Ill One said:
I know PS 4 will see alot of that day n date stuff with Digital/Boxed...but at this point in the PS 3's lifecycle it's too expensive for Sony to do that...

But when the PS 4 drops for $400 and sells like Columbian prostitues to the secret service....

[pic - click to view]

Sony will be on the right track to being in the black again...
all Consoles are sold for less than production at cost, they recoup the money through games. In other words console sales won't make them a profit.
 6 years ago '05        #89
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,023 | Props total: 537 537
i never understood the price at all .. but the one thing i often talked about is game like madden and 2k sports games should make a core platform and just make all the changes dlc ..sell the base for like 120 bucks and then the dlc roster updates allstar game stadiums and all the sh*t that comes with a new season in sports sell that for 10 bucks or a yearly subscription..cats end up spending 60 bucks for a new roster and tweaks of the mechanics so the makers can say hey this is whats new
 6 years ago '04        #90
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1162 1162
 Da Ill One said:
of course $60 games are going away...they are going up to $70 next gen
@ going up... we already moved past that possibiliity back when games was cartridge based. Thus the switch from propieratory cartridge to CD's... DVD & Blu-Ray which is drifting us towards downloading/installing to hard drives,

Companies lost that excuse once that transition took place, otherwise they'd be on that Super Nintendo/Sega Genesis/Neo Geo where we'd be paying $80 for some titles
 6 years ago '11        #91
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 mtbatol said:
@ going up... we already moved past that possibiliity back when games was cartridge based. Thus the switch from propieratory cartridge to CD's... DVD & Blu-Ray which is drifting us towards downloading/installing to hard drives,

Companies lost that excuse once that transition took place, otherwise they'd be on that Super Nintendo/Sega Genesis/Neo Geo where we'd be paying $80 for some titles
This argument falls apart when you realize that games cost over $60 if you want everything on the disc.
 6 years ago '04        #92
space
space
 jasperfect said:
all Consoles are sold for less than production at cost, they recoup the money through games. In other words console sales won't make them a profit.
Not all the Wii was sold at a profit from Day one...

and I know how companies makes their money... I said when the PS 4 starts selling like crazy they will be on their way to being in the black again...
 6 years ago '04        #93
space
space
 mtbatol said:

Subscribe to this thread...and when the next gen starts and games are $70... then you can come back and say I was right
 6 years ago '08        #94
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,650 | Props total: 1220 1220
i cant even lie..i mean i got a lil money and what not but

when i go to buy a game..i sit there for 30 minutes like its a life or death situation.

like doo i reallyyy wanna spend 60 on this fu*king game, well after tax like 65

and most times i walk out..if it was 45..id cop
 6 years ago '08        #95
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,650 | Props total: 1220 1220
 monrowe said:
i never understood the price at all .. but the one thing i often talked about is game like madden and 2k sports games should make a core platform and just make all the changes dlc ..sell the base for like 120 bucks and then the dlc roster updates allstar game stadiums and all the sh*t that comes with a new season in sports sell that for 10 bucks or a yearly subscription..cats end up spending 60 bucks for a new roster and tweaks of the mechanics so the makers can say hey this is whats new
why the hell would a company do that? you think a company would say..ok pay 120 and get the game forever

instead of selling a brand new game for 60 every year..

from a gamer standpoint..hell ya..from a business..which is why they do this..for money..not to make us happy

fu*k no
 6 years ago '10        #96
Superboy504 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,919 | Props total: 147 147
i havent bought a $60 game in a long time; in fact, the only $60 game I but in madden and 2k12 every year. If I need COD or any other game.... thats whats amazon is for. I am the perfect reason why Best Buy is going out of business..
 6 years ago '06        #97
qnz raw pusha 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,926 | Props total: 390 390
thats y i only fucc wit used games.... im def not payin over 25 for a game they could succmahnutsss
 6 years ago '04        #98
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
I've had my 360 since 06' and I believe I may have paid full price for literally less than 5 games and I own at least 40/50.

I've had my PS3 since 10' and I've yet to pay 60 for everything but it doesn't matter because I have a friend that LOVES to get the deluxe 80/100 buck version of games. Funny thing is that I have alot of those same games but I paid 40/50 bucks for them.
 6 years ago '07        #99
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,784 | Props total: 14590 14590
 Da Ill One said:
of course $60 games are going away...they are going up to $70 next gen
, maybe higher.
 6 years ago '04        #100
the wise one 
space
space
space
$366 | Props total: 82 82
**remembers NEO-GEO 17 years ago with games that were easily 2x the price now** Even super-nintendo games were around $90 when they came out. Personally I don't think that $60 is unreasonable..it's not cheap, but customers were paying much more a decade ago, and the technology then can't compare to now. Not to mention that the US DOLLAR was worth more, meaning these games now would of only been 40-45 bucks then...something to think about...
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy