Why the end of the $60 video game is near

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #21
CarlozRossi 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,866 | Props total: 3833 3833
 Pierced Talentz said:
Yall really pay $60 for a game?

Y'all must be them n*ggas that actually buy on release date instead of waiting

For example Mass effect 3 sold a sh*t load, i waited

Not even a full month and mass effect is on sale for $40....good price but im still waiting

this.

i usually wait. or Sometimes find em a week later on CL for $45-$50
 6 years ago '04        #22
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 KURUPTION!!! said:
How much of an investment is it when they already have a games on demand service? Do they have to wait a certain amount of time or something?
I don't know exact numbers, but they would have to "buy/rent/lease" the necessary broadband for the games... and they would be smart to make sure thier is a market for that particular game, before taking that risk... I mean MS is one thing but Sony can't really afford to take too many risks right now...they need "sure things"
 6 years ago '04        #23
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,574 | Props total: 5243 5243
$60 fu*k it download it free
 04-18-2012, 09:58 PM         #24
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
using the you don't think they will be $70 next gen?
yeah I do, I was agreeing with u

I was saying that 2 gens from now games probably might cost the same as a console
if they keep increasing
 04-18-2012, 10:03 PM         #25
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There's a war going on in the video game world, but it's over dollar signs, not virtual land.
A boxed copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the world's top-selling console game, costs $60. Angry Birds, the world's biggest mobile game franchise, costs $1 for software that you can download in under a minute. The pricing gap between what's traditionally considered the highest-tier premium games and the fast-evolving mobile, tablet, and social gaming market is widening, and it's spelling disaster for countless game makers caught in the middle.
What is this bullsh*t? why does soem stupid blogger always have to bring up mobile/social gaming like its an actual threat to console/pc gaming? they both have their core audience

fu*king hate stupid goddamn bloggers almost as much as i hate people who consider angry birds and zynga sh*t real video games. Take your hipster ipad bullsh*t to starbucks and take your gamesloft and zynga bullsh*t with you, leave the real games to real gamers.

The ONLY thing i will give tablets/phones is they have somehow managed to get the license for good retro RPGS, that's it, no good original IPS.

Last edited by IronMaiden; 04-18-2012 at 10:06 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #26
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,209 | Props total: 15094 15094
 Pierced Talentz said:
Yall really pay $60 for a game?

Y'all must be them n*ggas that actually buy on release date instead of waiting

For example Mass effect 3 sold a sh*t load, i waited

Not even a full month and mass effect is on sale for $40....good price but im still waiting
depending on the game...I'm impatient like a muthafu*ka, so fu*k waiting

especially for something like Mass Effect bruh, or a multiplayer game that I play/have played b4
 6 years ago '11        #27
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1470 1470
They should had been ended the $60 tag for video games they didn't start this sh*t until the 360 dropped in '05. Developers go any higher on the price tag, they think their struggling now trying to sell games at $60 they are going to be in serious trouble if games hit the $70 or $80 price tag it's going to be a serious problem.

All of this is just to put an end to gamestop and online business from selling used games. In the long run developers are going to fu*k themselves over by fu*king over the consumers.
 6 years ago '11        #28
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1470 1470
 LAwLB15 said:
yeah I do, I was agreeing with u

I was saying that 2 gens from now games probably might cost the same as a console
if they keep increasing
I highly doubt it will go that far it were to happen you could see the collaspe of the gaming industry.
 6 years ago '04        #29
strahan2004 40 heat pts40
space
space
$5,059 | Props total: 405 405
boxed games are gonna disappear, and we gonna get fu*ked...forget the good old "damn i'm gonna play this game i was playing when i was a kid", cause the game you paid for, and downloaded from the PSN won't be available no more...
 04-18-2012, 11:07 PM         #30
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 strahan2004 said:
boxed games are gonna disappear, and we gonna get fu*ked...forget the good old "damn i'm gonna play this game i was playing when i was a kid", cause the game you paid for, and downloaded from the PSN won't be available no more...
boxed games are going no where

in order for that to happen everyone would need 20+MBPS connections with no bandwidth caps, there is a good chunk of console gamers that don't even have broadband, and a good chunk of the ones that do are on 1-3mbps with 50-250gb caps.
 04-18-2012, 11:35 PM         #31
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeepinItTrill said:
depending on the game...I'm impatient like a muthafu*ka, so fu*k waiting

especially for something like Mass Effect bruh, or a multiplayer game that I play/have played b4
you my brotha need gamefly lol
 6 years ago '07        #32
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,209 | Props total: 15094 15094
 Pierced Talentz said:
you my brotha need gamefly lol
you aint lyin
 6 years ago '11        #33
mystic boy 367 heat pts367
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 163 163
I got WWE 12 for $50 new on Amazon
 6 years ago '07        #34
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
its funny i was talking about this at work. i look up and see that the new resident evil is on sale for 29.99 and it hasn't even been out a month yet im never paying full price for a game ever again like someone said earlier prices drop either on sale and drop permanently after 2 to 3 weeks
 6 years ago '09        #35
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
 strahan2004 said:
This.. My bro went to pre-purechase Guild Wars 2 today and they gave him a receipt with his beta key on it and he told me that when the game actually comes out, the only thing that's gonna be in the box is the manual and download code you need to enter in to download it from the Guild wars 2 client / site

The whole point of buying games (especially PC) is so you can install it from disc. sh*t is going a whole nother direction
 04-19-2012, 03:48 AM         #36
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CadillacVyse said:
and this sh*t is going thru the roof with the next gen systems. the biggest reason why i think next go round in video game systems is the last. even if the used game market was wiped away...with exorbitant prices the big studio aaa development will eventually k!ll itself.
damn never thought about it from that stand point. But you're right. Hopefully it'll take a lot longer to get to this point though.
 6 years ago '05        #37
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Yah n*ggas pay $60 for games 25 bucks for a stack of 20 games. Any game i wish. Before release date too Hit up a connect yah doing it wrong.
 6 years ago '04        #38
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Yah n*ggas pay $60 for games 25 bucks for a stack of 20 games. Any game i wish. Before release date too Hit up a connect yah doing it wrong.

Can you go online with them on the 360 now or still get banned?
 6 years ago '05        #39
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 Da Ill One said:
Can you go online with them on the 360 now or still get banned?
Yea you can go online. I've been online over a year and a half and its all good.
 6 years ago '09        #40
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 whouthinkitis said:
They should had been ended the $60 tag for video games they didn't start this sh*t until the 360 dropped in '05. Developers go any higher on the price tag, they think their struggling now trying to sell games at $60 they are going to be in serious trouble if games hit the $70 or $80 price tag it's going to be a serious problem.

All of this is just to put an end to gamestop and online business from selling used games. In the long run developers are going to fu*k themselves over by fu*king over the consumers.
Some Nintendo 64 games were over $60 so $60 games isn't just new to this generation.
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy