The Reason Why The Heat Don't Have That Championship Look (Good Read)

most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #61
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,403 | Props total: 679 679
All in all Spoelstra doesn't know who to have in the game and when... All positions other than the wings are constantly exploited... And if the Heat see this current Knicks roster at any point in the post season, they're going home again...

I think they should swap Bron for Dwight straight up if they don't win it this year... Both teams win, and the Heat get titles instead of having their best player defer in the clutch to D.Wade...
 6 years ago '05        #62
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
I will say....everytime I see Mike Miller on the court......he out of place.......like someone let the ball boy in the game or some sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #63
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1163 1163
(Lebron loses in cleveland)

LEBRON NEEDS TO PLAY WITH ANOTHER GOOD/GREAT PLAYER!! HE CAN'T GET IT DONE BY HIMSELF SO LEAVE HIM ALONE!!

(Lebron if he loses in Miami with Wade & Bosh)

LEBRON, WADE AND BOSH CAN'T GET IT DONE BY THEMSELVES!!! THEY NEED A GOOD BENCH!!!!

.Oh so that's where we gonna go when Bron comes up short again this post-season? Nice early plea cop

Last edited by mtbatol; 04-19-2012 at 12:47 AM..
 6 years ago '12        #64
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,256 | Props total: 744 744
 joshdogg26 said:
god damn, you're one of those "smart dumb" mother fu*kers writing paragraphs and still being fu*king clueless.

his POINTS PER POSSESSION on post ups went from 91st percentile to 77th percentile. yes, that's a drop, but it's still means he's pretty efficient in the post and could reasonably be anticipated. not to mention, that does not in any way refute HOW MUCH they post up.

his actual time spent in the post nearly doubled. that means he's posting up much more often, you remedial fu*k.

here's your standard of comparison, you dumb jackass:

[pic - click to view]

those are notable perimeter players in the post from last year. 13.1% and 13.4% puts them right up there near the guys who post up the most, much more often than last year.

NO PERIMETER PLAYERS IN THE NBA POST UP SIGNIFICANTLY MORE THAN THAT.

now please stop humiliating yourself, it's pathetic.
 joshdogg26 said:
most if not all of the numbers/sources i've shared come from synergy. i don't know how they define it, but they're definitely considered legitimate.
 ttime236 said:
This sh*t shouldnt have even gone past a few posts. Enlighten Me started talking bout amount of times Lebron/Wade post up and switched that argument to 'efficiency' real quick once he got hit with the facts

Josh, dont argue with idiots. Theyll drag you down and whoop your a.ss with experience, aint worth the time
no i didn't switch the argument. i talked about volume in my last post and in all of my posts. i mentioned efficiency cause it was worth noting.

joshdogg26 said:
dude is a full blown retard. i tried to take his username at face value but it's clear he wanted no parts of actually learning something. he just wanted to stick to his ignorant preconceived notion that wasn't the least bit grounded in reality. it would be clear to anybody who has watched a heat game this year that there has been more of an effort to establish both guys in the post and it is a common sight. he was mad enough that after he wrote a page of self-exposure, he sent me an additional PM in case i couldn't tell how angry i had made him.
you didn't make me angry and i didn't even give the perception i was, i was just trying to make sure you saw my post cause i wanted you to respond to it.

%time isn't a function of time. it's a function of possessions.

%Time = (# of Possessions used in a specific situation)/(Total # of Possessions used overall)
it's an a.ssumption of time based on possessions, not time itself like you claim.

synergy doesn't have people with stopwatches timing how long someone was in the post. i was right in how i calculated it as possessions in my last post. i don't know exactly what the qualifiers are for possessions exactly but i'll find out and update. i'm guessing possessions it's a function of field goal attempts plus turnovers, a.ssists, etc. what's not apparent is how they count plays in your table. i don't know if they'd even count dunks and layups. and if they do, do they differentiate between ones that occur in the half court on a drive starting from the perimeter or a fastbreak as opposed to one that results from posting a defender in the post? how far from the basket do they count post plays? i just have a feeling they take data from shot charts and plug the numbers but who knows. these things are important to know cause it could skew numbers in favor of certain types of players. i'll try to update as soon as i find out.

in this post specifically, i'm not even arguing that lebron and wade do or don't spend alot of time in the post in comparison to other players relative (although i don't see that they do watching the game) but i'm only debating the validity of the table itself that you sent as "proof". just because someone has more possessions in the post doesn't mean they are in the post more. i mean look at this example for dwight:
season %time poss ppp fgm/a
04-05 30.7 277 0.68 77/199
05-06 46.6 601 0.70 162/400
06-07 52.0 762 0.78 217/509
07-08 52.9 841 0.87 249/541
08-09 58.3 925 0.87 275/589

dwight didn't spend more time in the post over the years, he took more shots in the same amount of time. in general, i think stats are too flawed and they paint a false picture of what's happening, especially in team sports.

lastly i want to make a quick distinction. i think there is a difference between being able to score in the post and having post game. for example scoring in the post as a result of a screen or cutting to the basket (like rip hamilton use to do alot of in detroit, although he did have post game too) is different from actually having "post game". just saying.

147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 04-19-2012 at 02:30 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #65
doczdaname 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 5050 5050
if you play basketball in anyway, you know getting limited touches when you are an avg player isn't doing anything for your psyche...players play better when they are more involved and the ball is spread around..take the lakers for example..kobe goes out, everyone is getting extra touches and are showing why they are in the NBA. Haslem was better when it was just wade because he had more of a priority on offense, same with battier and miller because they were more of a focal point on their former teams. You have the big 3 that demand almost all the touches and the rest are left with last second shots or shots they aren't comfortable with, hence there below avg stats...thats my 2 cents
 04-19-2012, 03:46 AM         #66
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah the supporting cast has hit a wall since the All-Star Break.

Before the break, they were running and gunning, but things have slowed down and they've faced tougher teams on the road and the cast is having difficulty adjusting.

Team went from having a better overall team from last year to maybe worse. Whereas last year's team gel'd at the right time towards the end of the season, this one is the other way around.
 6 years ago '07        #67
kidmakaveli 
space
space
$4,711 | Props total: 917 917
why the Heat signed Battier and electing not to play James Jones more baffles me

hes clearly been the Heats best and most consistent role player 2 years running now
 04-19-2012, 04:32 AM         #68
West Side Wolf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If The Heat had a good coach theyd of won the finals last year Spo is very overrated itd be intersting to see Phil Jackson coach that team, or hell even Nate McMillin.
 6 years ago '08        #69
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 ttime236 said:
This sh*t shouldnt have even gone past a few posts. Enlighten Me started talking bout amount of times Lebron/Wade post up and switched that argument to 'efficiency' real quick once he got hit with the facts

Josh, dont argue with idiots. Theyll drag you down and whoop your a.ss with experience, aint worth the time
:agreement6::agreement6:
 6 years ago '06        #70
omniscience 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$803 | Props total: 177 177
Ha..

EnlightenMe got enlightened alright...

Pure Ownage..

6 years ago '10        #71
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321 OP
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 mtbatol said:
(Lebron loses in cleveland)

LEBRON NEEDS TO PLAY WITH ANOTHER GOOD/GREAT PLAYER!! HE CAN'T GET IT DONE BY HIMSELF SO LEAVE HIM ALONE!!

(Lebron if he loses in Miami with Wade & Bosh)

LEBRON, WADE AND BOSH CAN'T GET IT DONE BY THEMSELVES!!! THEY NEED A GOOD BENCH!!!!

.Oh so that's where we gonna go when Bron comes up short again this post-season? Nice early plea cop
 .:RELOADED:. said:
2 of the top 5 players in the league isnt enough

and then to top that you got another all star big man in bosh and it still aint enough

"but....but....but....bron needs more help"
spoken like true fu*k boys

see yall didnt come in this thread for no other reason but to hate and talk sh*t

we talking about basketball right? its a 2 on 5 sport or 5 on 5? just curious
 6 years ago '10        #72
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,562 | Props total: 5927 5927
I'm not a Heat fan by a long stretch... BUT..

* Sidenote * Why does Bosh catch so much flack over his style of play? Whether he's facing up or playing back to basket the only thing that should matter is his productivity and efficiency. This dude averages 20 (49% from the field) and 9 boards for his career... yet folks complain about how he's producing instead of focusing on the fact that he produces.
 04-19-2012, 10:22 AM         #73
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
heat have lebron, heat therefore cannot have championship look....

get Derek Rose, you'll get that look in 3 seconds...yup.;...

fu*k overrated lebron
 04-19-2012, 10:23 AM         #74
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ant McQueen said:
I'm not a Heat fan by a long stretch... BUT..

* Sidenote * Why does Bosh catch so much flack over his style of play? Whether he's facing up or playing back to basket the only thing that should matter is his productivity and efficiency. This dude averages 20 (49% from the field) and 9 boards for his career... yet folks complain about how he's producing instead of focusing on the fact that he produces.
b/c for his salary he should be good, not suck....

* sidenote* Bosh sucks....
 6 years ago '07        #75
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
The Heat's lack of bench play is because they put so much money into their big 3. Live by the 3 die by the 3.

If they'd just signed LeBron and filled out the rest of their roster with solid defenders who can score and create, they'd have been much better. Bron was good for 60 wins with the garbage in Cleveland, if you gave him an updated version of the role players on that squad and tacked on Wade, they'd be lights out.

But then they'd probably have let Bosh fall to my Bullies
 6 years ago '07        #76
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 EnlightenMe said:
no i didn't switch the argument. i talked about volume in my last post and in all of my posts. i mentioned efficiency cause it was worth noting.

you didn't make me angry and i didn't even give the perception i was, i was just trying to make sure you saw my post cause i wanted you to respond to it.

%time isn't a function of time. it's a function of possessions.

%Time = (# of Possessions used in a specific situation)/(Total # of Possessions used overall)
it's an a.ssumption of time based on possessions, not time itself like you claim.

synergy doesn't have people with stopwatches timing how long someone was in the post. i was right in how i calculated it as possessions in my last post. i don't know exactly what the qualifiers are for possessions exactly but i'll find out and update. i'm guessing possessions it's a function of field goal attempts plus turnovers, a.ssists, etc. what's not apparent is how they count plays in your table. i don't know if they'd even count dunks and layups. and if they do, do they differentiate between ones that occur in the half court on a drive starting from the perimeter or a fastbreak as opposed to one that results from posting a defender in the post? how far from the basket do they count post plays? i just have a feeling they take data from shot charts and plug the numbers but who knows. these things are important to know cause it could skew numbers in favor of certain types of players. i'll try to update as soon as i find out.

in this post specifically, i'm not even arguing that lebron and wade do or don't spend alot of time in the post in comparison to other players relative (although i don't see that they do watching the game) but i'm only debating the validity of the table itself that you sent as "proof". just because someone has more possessions in the post doesn't mean they are in the post more. i mean look at this example for dwight:
season %time poss ppp fgm/a
04-05 30.7 277 0.68 77/199
05-06 46.6 601 0.70 162/400
06-07 52.0 762 0.78 217/509
07-08 52.9 841 0.87 249/541
08-09 58.3 925 0.87 275/589

dwight didn't spend more time in the post over the years, he just became more active. in general, i think stats are too flawed and they paint a false picture of what's happening, especially in team sports.

lastly i want to make a quick distinction. i think there is a difference between being able to score in the post and having post game. for example scoring in the post as a result of a screen or cutting to the basket (like rip hamilton use to do alot of in detroit, although he did have post game too) is different from actually having "post game". just saying.
i have been saying this basically the whole season. Damn @ the Dwight chart
 6 years ago '04        #77
freekyleek 
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 0 0
Short season... everybody seems to be getting worn/injuries etc. If you post this and say this is the reason/fact why heat can't win, you'd have to post EVERY OTHER team's bench/non all-star starter's percentages before and after the all star break. Who's to say all other teams aren't in the same condition..??
 6 years ago '10        #78
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,758 | Props total: 166 166
at heat fans gettin mad cause their thread is being trolled.

But half of yall troll every other team thread.

Heat are overrated and this is an excuse thread end of story.
 6 years ago '10        #79
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,562 | Props total: 5927 5927
 TIP2009 said:
b/c for his salary he should be good, not suck....

* sidenote* Bosh sucks....
20 and 9 sucks?
 6 years ago '10        #80
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321 OP
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 Space 2020 said:
at heat fans gettin mad cause their thread is being trolled.

But half of yall troll every other team thread.

Heat are overrated and this is an excuse thread end of story.
you a f*ggit eat a d!ck
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy