The Reason Why The Heat Don't Have That Championship Look (Good Read)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #41
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 P. Dedos said:
your cousin?
joke dude
 6 years ago '07        #42
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,399 | Props total: 13106 13106
 EnlightenMe said:
did you even read the articles you posted? i did. here's what they said. from the grantland article.
"This year, James’ post game is a talking point. We can’t watch a Miami Heat game without hearing how much James improved over the offseason. James even tipped his hat to his low-post evolution in an interview during Sunday's game against the Chicago Bulls. The problem is that James’ low-post numbers are actually worse than they were last season. His 0.958 points per possession put him in the 77th percentile among all NBA players.

"What has James done differently this season when he receives the ball in the post? He’s shooting 52 percent in the post — almost the same as last year and the sixth-highest percentage among all frequent post players in the league. He is less efficient, however, because he draws fewer fouls and commits more turnovers this season. Last year James got to the free throw line on 16.2 percent of his post-ups; he turned the ball over just 6.5 percent of the time. This year he goes to the line 15.9 percent of the time (which isn’t much of a decline), but James is also giving the ball away 12.1 percent of the time in post situations. That’s almost twice as often as last season. "

"The notion that James has improved his low-post game is a myth. James is a good post player this season, just as he was last year. He’s been playing with his back to the basket more often than last year, perhaps because he wants to prove his doubters wrong, and that has made him a less efficient post player than he was last season."

you call that a post game and second that article was written a month into the season. and do you know what face up means? it only means you receive the ball in the post, not that you are taking shots from there. it doesn't mean every face up he's attempting shots , it just means he has the ball in the post. he could pass the ball and leave the post and that would count as facing up. plus they played 21 games that up until that point. a lot has changed. like their bench was good at that point not it isn't. posting articles with less than 1/3 of the games of the season played isn't relevant now anyway. anybody watching the heat knows that they aren't the same team. so before you spew some sh*t, don't just look at the headline, read the entire article.

as far as the other article, it talked about efficiency, not volume. dont try to mislead. it's like rondo is more efficient than cp3 but he isn't a better scorer from the floor because he takes easier shot opportunities. dwyane is posing up 13.1 percent of the time not 15 percent. and i read both of the articles, ctrl F'd, neither time did it say anything about the 15 percent nor did it say that it made them one of the leaders for perimeter players. show me that stat. if you take the averages, he faced up less than three times a game. so he isn't posting up alot ornearly enough on a team that needs a post game, but i blame lebron more not wade. he's efficient probably because he takes advantage of mismatches not because he lives in the post every game.
clearly you don't understand what percentile's mean if you don't think 77th percentile is good . this discussion was about frequency. both articles acknowledge that both players post up twice as much this season. he's still scoring efficiently from the post, but not as efficiently with the increased reps.

you don't even know what you're arguing. both players have unequivocally posted up much more this season, dumbass. we're not arguing about whether he's as efficient as last year. losing some of that by doubling how often you post up is expected. you're in over your head, kid. you made an asinine point about how they need to post up more and they never post up. you're clearly wrong as sh*t.

6 years ago '04        #43
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4119 4119
 joshdogg26 said:
clearly you don't understand what percentile's mean if you don't think 77th percentile is good . this discussion was about frequency. both articles acknowledge that both players post up twice as much this season. he's still scoring efficiently from the post, but not as efficiently with the increased reps.

you don't even know what you're arguing. both players have unequivocally posted up much more this season, dumbass. we're not arguing about whether he's as efficient as last year. losing some of that by doubling how often you post up is expected. you're in over your head, kid. you made an asinine point about how they need to post up more and they never post up. you're clearly wrong as sh*t.

And that's the key. It's like a player who takes 50 threes, shoots 40%, then takes 200 threes the following year. With more reps, your percentage will go down.
 6 years ago '07        #44
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 nitetrain8601 said:
And that's the key. It's like a player who takes 50 threes, shoots 40%, then takes 200 threes the following year. With more reps, your percentage will go down.
son Josh said they post up Lebron all the time tho...
 6 years ago '09        #45
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,662 | Props total: 2782 2782
The dream was to put Haslem and Miller on the floor alongside the Big Three of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Bosh. You’d have the versatility and skill to close out any team in the NBA in the last five or six minutes of a game. You’d have halfcourt offense, aggressive defense, rebounding, ball-handling, 3-point shooting, veteran savvy, and five guys who could all defend more than one position. You’d have it all.
This line up on 2K11 is fu*king hard to defend on My Player Mode when I played the Heat
 6 years ago '12        #46
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,358 | Props total: 2100 2100
 Perplexity said:
I remember that sh*t, did dude who said that ever come back?
check the thread about dwight howard being out for the postseason he came in and did it again
 6 years ago '12        #47
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,256 | Props total: 744 744
 joshdogg26 said:

you're really stupid. dumbass read the article. in the grantland article
he was a higher percentile the year before. 77th percentile is alot lower than it was the year before. he was in the 91st percentile the year before! that a huge drop off

and first off you said
 joshdogg26 said:
they post up all the time. you're losing credibility here.
you're not getting it. even if they increase the amount of post ups it wasn't by much. they're using percentages instead of raw numbers to make it look bigger than it really is. the way the writer puts it is misleading, he says,
"Between 2009 and 2011, about six percent of all of Wade’s used offensive possessions came in the post, or about 1.5 post-ups per game, give or take some passes out of double-teams to spot-up shooters. This season he’s up to 13.1 percent of his possessions in the post, while making over half his shots there for the first time ever."

to prove my point. so if 1.5 is six percent. do you know what 13.1 percent is? 3.2. so he posts up three times a game. how is that "all the time" like you say. 3.2-1.5 is 1.7. he's averaging less than two more post ups (not even shots) in the post a game. which is more but to the point you make it out to be. the number is even more revealing considering they no one can post up in miami.

if we use the same principal for lebron (which is an estimate based on wade's article, because the article doesn't specify number of post ups so i'll use wade's offensive possessions as an aproximate)
so he goes from 1.975 to 3.35. which is a difference of 1.375 more posts up per game. less than a post up and a half.

remember these are only post ups, not shot attempts.

so they aren't living there all the time like you said. that's just stupid.

the percentages the articles are quoting are making it seem like these guys arel iving down there now when they weren't before. they are only averaging about 1.5 more post ups between them. which is what? seriously, these differences aren't that big, and definitely not that noticeable when watching so for you to claim that you see the difference is so dumb. just shut the fu*k up.

and even if you didn't read my math which you won't understand anyway. 13% of you offensive possessions isn't much at all (especially to say they play the post all the time). i initially said 95% of their game is on the perimiter when it's actually about 87 percent. my bad dumbass.
trying to make it sound like they are there all the time

147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 04-18-2012 at 09:40 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #48
space
space
 EnlightenMe said:
he was a higher percentile the year before. 77th percentile is alot lower than it was the year before. he was in the 91st percentile the year before! that a huge drop off

and first off you said
first off you said

you're not getting it. even if they increase the amount of post ups it wasn't by much. they're using percentages instead of raw numbers to make it look bigger than it really is. the way the writer puts it is misleading, he says,
"Between 2009 and 2011, about six percent of all of Wade’s used offensive possessions came in the post, or about 1.5 post-ups per game, give or take some passes out of double-teams to spot-up shooters. This season he’s up to 13.1 percent of his possessions in the post, while making over half his shots there for the first time ever."

to prove my point. so if 1.5 is six percent. do you know what 13.1 percent is? 3.2. so he posts up three times a game. how is that "all the time" like you say. 3.2-1.5 is 1.7. he's averaging less than two more post ups (not even shots) in the post a game. which is more but to the point you make it out to be. the number is even more revealing considering they no one can post up in miami.

if we use the same principal for lebron (which is an estimate based on wade's article, because the article doesn't specify number of post ups so i'll use wade's offensive possessions as an aproximate)
so he goes from 1.975 to 3.35. which is a difference of 1.375 more posts up per game. less than a post up and a half.

the percentages the articles are quoting are making it seem like these guys arel iving down there now when they weren't before. they are only averaging about 1.5 more post ups between them. which is what? seriously, these differences aren't that big, and definitely not that noticeable when watching so for you to claim that you see the difference is so dumb. just shut the fu*k up.

and even if you didn't read my math which you won't understand anyway. 13% of you offensive possessions isn't much at all (especially to say they play the post all the time). i initially said 95% of their game is on the perimiter when it's actually about 87 percent. my bad dumbass.

by the way you still didn't show me that stat that says they lead all perimiter players in the post. i want to see that.
god damn, you're one of those "smart dumb" mother fu*kers writing paragraphs and still being fu*king clueless.

his POINTS PER POSSESSION on post ups went from 91st percentile to 77th percentile. yes, that's a drop, but it's still means he's pretty efficient in the post and could reasonably be anticipated. not to mention, that does not in any way refute HOW MUCH they post up.

his actual time spent in the post nearly doubled. that means he's posting up much more often, you remedial fu*k.

here's your standard of comparison, you dumb jackass:

[pic - click to view]

those are notable perimeter players in the post from last year. 13.1% and 13.4% puts them right up there near the guys who post up the most, much more often than last year.

NO PERIMETER PLAYERS IN THE NBA POST UP SIGNIFICANTLY MORE THAN THAT.

now please stop humiliating yourself, it's pathetic.
 6 years ago '07        #49
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 EnlightenMe said:

and first off you said

trying to make it sound like they are there all the time
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '07        #50
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
god damn, you're one of those "smart dumb" mother fu*kers writing paragraphs and still being fu*king clueless.

his POINTS PER POSSESSION on post ups went from 91st percentile to 77th percentile. yes, that's a drop, but it's still means he's pretty efficient in the post and could reasonably be anticipated. not to mention, that does not in any way refute HOW MUCH they post up.

his actual time spent in the post nearly doubled. that means he's posting up much more often, you remedial fu*k.

here's your standard of comparison, you dumb jackass:

[pic - click to view]

those are notable perimeter players in the post from last year. 13.1% and 13.4% puts them right up there near the guys who post up the most, much more often than last year.

NO PERIMETER PLAYERS IN THE NBA POST UP SIGNIFICANTLY MORE THAN THAT.

now please stop humiliating yourself, it's pathetic.
there shouldnt be a single perimter player in the league posting up more than Lebron james....

you still said "all the time" but based on what you just posted its half as much as Kobe Bryant. whether or not he is more efficient doesnt matter because like you said if he does it more his ppp will down
 6 years ago '07        #51
space
space
 Cambury said:
there shouldnt be a single perimter player in the league posting up more than Lebron james....

you still said "all the time" but based on what you just posted its half as much as Kobe Bryant. whether or not he is more efficient doesnt matter because like you said if he does it more his ppp will down
those are last year's numbers as a point of reference, this year both of them are posting up almost as much as kobe. if that's not all the time, then what is? no perimeter player in the league posts up more than about 15% of the time. they're right there with everybody else.
 6 years ago '07        #52
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
those are last year's numbers as a point of reference, this year both of them are posting up almost as much as kobe. if that's not all the time, then what is? no perimeter player in the league posts up more than about 15% of the time. they're right there with everybody else.
oh ok...my bad then i thought those were this years numbers. i still think that they aren't great perimeter players so they should be down there considerably more than everyone else ESPECIALLY Lebron. Wade does it when he has the opportunity to but his ability to get in the lane with his dribble is far greater than Lebron so he uses that to get in the paint where he is great in that 5-10 ft. range. To be honest i think Lebron has become too comfortable getting to the rim with the travel and finds that to be the easiest way to score throughout the game.
 6 years ago '04        #53
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4119 4119
Well Kobe has always posted up a ton. I think you guys are arguing different things. LeBron, especially if posting up more. Efficiency of him doing it, has nothing to do with this argument. Wade and LeBron, especially in the beginning of the year, were going to the hole a hell of alot more as well.

Also, you have to see who calculated the statistics and what are their definition of posting up is. Is it back to the basket for a certain amount of time? Do they have to be a certain amount of feet close to the basket? Because you can post up at the three point line and fade or turn it into a drive. Also, does a shot have to come after a certain amount of time before the basket?
 6 years ago '07        #54
space
space
 nitetrain8601 said:
Well Kobe has always posted up a ton. I think you guys are arguing different things. LeBron, especially if posting up more. Efficiency of him doing it, has nothing to do with this argument. Wade and LeBron, especially in the beginning of the year, were going to the hole a hell of alot more as well.

Also, you have to see who calculated the statistics and what are their definition of posting up is. Is it back to the basket for a certain amount of time? Do they have to be a certain amount of feet close to the basket? Because you can post up at the three point line and fade or turn it into a drive. Also, does a shot have to come after a certain amount of time before the basket?
most if not all of the numbers/sources i've shared come from synergy. i don't know how they define it, but they're definitely considered legitimate.
 6 years ago '07        #55
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 EnlightenMe said:
what are you talking about? how often do you see lebron or wade call for the ball in the post? it rarely happens. why isn't lebron one of the best post players in the league? wade has an excuse because of his height. why don't we see lebron and wade keep pounding it in the paint possession after possession? lebron is miles behind melo in the post (not to mention kobe). this whole they are playing more in the post is nonsense. bron's game has been the same for about 4 years now.
 joshdogg26 said:

lebron is posting up almost twice as much as he did last year, same for wade. they each post up about 15% of the time, which is among the leaders for perimeter players. i'd call that pretty frequent. they're also among the laders in scoring efficiency in the post for all players.

next time you decide to spew some nonsense, do it a place where somebody won't check you for being wrong as fu*k. you don't know sh*t other than the general perception and clearly haven't watched yourself or aren't capable of understanding the game at a level that would even allow you to understand that, and here you are questioning somebody else's knowledge .
This sh*t shouldnt have even gone past a few posts. Enlighten Me started talking bout amount of times Lebron/Wade post up and switched that argument to 'efficiency' real quick once he got hit with the facts

Josh, dont argue with idiots. Theyll drag you down and whoop your a.ss with experience, aint worth the time
 6 years ago '07        #56
Mr.NYCinNC 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,902 | Props total: 2280 2280
 ondatpurple said:
clearly you lack reading skills since I put on the very first line of this thread (even before the article) that this is not an excuse thread

but you stay in heat threads talking down about us when your bi*ch a.ss don't get mad when we hoe the bulls again
its ok u got that excuse ready i understand

but naw this sh*t accurate i hope this sh*t true so we can beat yall n*ggas in the first round

Last edited by Mr.NYCinNC; 04-18-2012 at 10:11 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #57
space
space
 ttime236 said:
This sh*t shouldnt have even gone past a few posts. Enlighten Me started talking bout amount of times Lebron/Wade post up and switched that argument to 'efficiency' real quick once he got hit with the facts

Josh, dont argue with idiots. Theyll drag you down and whoop your a.ss with experience, aint worth the time
dude is a full blown retard. i tried to take his username at face value but it's clear he wanted no parts of actually learning something. he just wanted to stick to his ignorant preconceived notion that wasn't the least bit grounded in reality. it would be clear to anybody who has watched a heat game this year that there has been more of an effort to establish both guys in the post and it is a common sight. he was mad enough that after he wrote a page of self-exposure, he sent me an additional PM in case i couldn't tell how angry i had made him.
 6 years ago '05        #58
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,426 | Props total: 4772 4772
 joshdogg26 said:
dude is a full blown retard. i tried to take his username at face value but it's clear he wanted no parts of actually learning something. he just wanted to stick to his ignorant preconceived notion that wasn't the least bit grounded in reality. it would be clear to anybody who has watched a heat game this year that there has been more of an effort to establish both guys in the post and it is a common sight. he was mad enough that after he wrote a page of self-exposure, he sent me an additional PM in case i couldn't tell how angry i had made him.
 6 years ago '04        #59
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,780 | Props total: 11580 11580
i been sayin this man..mike miller gettin paid too much to not be playin his role.

as for the others.

the only REASON we even a chance to be where we are is cus of lebron,wade and bosh.

look at all the other contenders in the NBA and they have a strong bench presence.

sh*t bulls as much as they p!ss me off, they been keepin it movin with lucas and watson..

thunder/spurs/celtics/clips all have a good bench presence..

these dudes better be saving somethin for the playoffs

i totally understand its the "cool thing" to knock the heat, but if you can not be bias and just be an NBA fan, admit that are BIG THREE are def not the problem. there the only reason we are relevant at all.
 6 years ago '11        #60
wwnuts 147 heat pts147
space
space
$5,056 | Props total: 12702 12702
 RMG 007 said:
No, having a good bench and role players is a bless in the sky
i see what u did thur!
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy