Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #41
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,533 | Props total: 18031 18031
 Real Hustler said:
do you think you would have been better off in accounting, or are you satisfied with the finance degree?
Everyone is different. I never had any interest in accounting, but I think its a great degree. I have close friends that majored in accounting and they are doing well. I'm also doing well so its all what you personally want to do. I was on my grind the last 2 years of school and feel you need to be if you want to succeed. The degree doesn't make the man.

Going into my junior year I had an interview with Henry Hauser at Panasonic and he basically told me he wasn't going to hire me because I had no previous office experience. So I went out and got some office experience.

Just make sure you love what you do. The worst thing you can do is go out and get a degree just because you think you might get a job from it, but you truly hate the field. If you're passionate about a subject it will show at an interview and interviewers love meeting people that are passionate in the field they're applying for.

Last edited by Rique; 04-23-2012 at 03:19 PM..
 6 years ago '12        #42
kej718 252 heat pts252
space
space
space
$4,121 | Props total: 3499 3499
Accounting will be easier for you to get a job but with finance you could make more money I am a finance major my sister majored in accounting. I still have not been able to find a job I want and wish I minored in accounting so I would have more options, everything I've been offered is pretty much sales jobs so I'm looking at other areas like insurance to get a job.

So if it's possible the major in one and minor in the other do that it'll be more work put will payoff in the long run. If your looking for work try to get a part-time job in a bank where you have a flexible schedule and have a chance to move up and use your degree.

I have not done an internship (wish i had) this would also make it easier to find work.

Hope this helps, good luck.
 6 years ago '09        #43
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1144 1144
Accounting is only easy to get into through campus recruiting. I found my job as a staff accountant in healthcare through my schools career services center. The ideal thing to do however is to get a job in public accounting. Usually in public accounting you will perform audits or tax returns for many fortune 500 companies. You usuallly gain mad respect for working in public, since you get a chance to see and deal with multiple companies.

There are 4 international firms known as "the big four". Those firms are kmpg, pricewaterhousecoopers, ernst and young, and deloitte. A level down from those firms are national firms such as bdo, grant thorton, and mcgladry. If you cannot get into a international or national firm, the best bet is to try a nice local or regional firm. One of the only ways to get into public is to join beta alpha psi accounting fraternity, go to all of their events, and you MUST go to meet the firms at your university. You also need to have great personality and have a respectable gpa (over a 3.0). Im not going to lie though, they have an ideal image too, if you ever see an audit team from a big 4 firm, you will notice that the auditors are usually hot white girls between the ages of 22-25.

If you fail to get hired in public you can either a.) Shoot for a internal accounting/audit position for a company or government agency, or b.)go back to school for a masters of accountancy for another shot at campus recruiting.

Last edited by mtva24; 04-23-2012 at 09:06 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #44
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1144 1144
After you land a job, the next thing to do is to try to get your CPA. Most states require that you have 120 credits in which 24 hours are accounting courses and 24 hours are business courses (only 6 credits can count towards your accounting courses) in order to sit for the exam. If you want to be licensed however, many states require that you have 150 credits. You do not need a masters degree, or any specific combinations, you just need 150 credits. in fact, you can have a BA in basketweaving and take all of your accounting classes at your local community college. In addition to the 150 credits, you need to work for 1-2 years under a CPA and obtain a signature. After that you are licensed.

There is a misconception that passing the exams will help you obtain a job. It can help, but as of late that has not been the case. CPAs can provide all sorts of services, but the most common are tax preparation, audits, and bookkeeping.

Last edited by mtva24; 04-23-2012 at 02:49 PM..
 04-23-2012, 04:26 PM         #45
Real Hustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mtva24 said:
Accounting is only easy to get into after through campus recruiting. I found my job as a staff accountant in healthcare through my schools career services center. the ideal thing to do however is to get a job in public accounting. Usually in public accounting you will perform audits or tax returns for many fortune 500 companies. You usuallly gain mad respect for workinga in public, since you get a chance to see and deal with multiple companies.

There are 4 international firms known as "the big four". Those firms are kmpg, pricewaterhousecoopers, ernst and young, and deloitte. A level down from those firms are national firms such as bdo, grant thorton, and mcgladry. If you cannot get into a international or national firm, the best bet is to try a nice local or regional firm. One of the only ways to get into public is to join beta alpha psi accounting fraternity, go to all of their events, and you MUST go to meet the firms at your university. You also need to have afun great personality and have a respectable gpa. Im not going to lie though, they have an ideal image too, if you ever see an audit team from a big 4 firm, you will notice that the auditors are usually hot white girls between the ages of 22-25.

If you fail to get hired in public you can either a.) Shoot for a internal accounting/audit position for a company or government agency, or b.)go back to school for a masters of accountancy for another shot at campus recruiting.
At my current job last summer I had the chance to have some great conversations with AN auditor from KPMG. He gave me some great business perspectives, and I got his contact. Talking to people in the business field I have found is great. He also told me finance is a great major if you do the right things with it
 04-23-2012, 04:29 PM         #46
Real Hustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rique said:
Everyone is different. I never had any interest in accounting, but I think its a great degree. I have close friends that majored in accounting and they are doing well. I'm also doing well so its all what you personally want to do. I was on my grind the last 2 years of school and feel you need to be if you want to succeed. The degree doesn't make the man.

Going into my junior year I had an interview with Henry Hauser at Panasonic and he basically told me he wasn't going to hire me because I had no previous office experience. So I went out and got some office experience.

Just make sure you love what you do. The worst thing you can do is go out and get a degree just because you think you might get a job from it, but you truly hate the field. If you're passionate about a subject it will show at an interview and interviewers love meeting people that are passionate in the field they're applying for.
Great advice. I think this is exactly why I am going to go with finance as my major. I'm definitely more interested in the finance field and stock investing. With the job experience I am currently receiving I think I will be able to find a job. Appreciate the advice.
 04-23-2012, 04:52 PM         #47
Drone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rique said:
You're the first person I've heard say the CFA was a piece of cake. Most ppl say the CFA is harder than the CPA and we all know the CPA is a hard exam. You might be a genius
Well it was challenging but I knew once I started that I was going to pass. I found level 1 to be hardest, considering I never did these type of exams. Level 2 and Level 3 are easier because the candidates are used to the format and have solidified their studying techniques.

To be honest, finance is alright but too common. I don't want to get bashed but I know quite a few individuals with finance degrees who wish they went to engineering or accounting. They feel they haven't really learned anything too useful and was wasn't practical. I seen the finance courses and feel they are a piece of cake and students should gear more towards experience rather then marks.

Stick to accounting, I mean the opportunity for promotions and raises are no where near as high as finance graduates but its steady and reliable.
 6 years ago '09        #48
jtread 16 heat pts16
space
space
$460 | Props total: 71 71
If you don't know it yet, I'll say it again: go with accounting.

I wish that I had had this instruction. I switched from accounting to finance. Accounting is much easier to break into.
 6 years ago '04        #49
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Most business degrees you gotta take one or two finance or accounting classes anyways so that usually helps steer you in the right direction before you make a decision.

I got an accounting degree but took about 2 or 3 extra finance classes because I liked that as well.

Last edited by hockeythug; 04-23-2012 at 09:35 PM..
 04-23-2012, 10:57 PM         #50
Real Hustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jtread said:
If you don't know it yet, I'll say it again: go with accounting.

I wish that I had had this instruction. I switched from accounting to finance. Accounting is much easier to break into.
Regardless of the degree I think I will be alright. Ive worked in the states accounting department for 2 years, so the experience should help.
 6 years ago '06        #51
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
 Real Hustler said:
Regardless of the degree I think I will be alright. Ive worked in the states accounting department for 2 years, so the experience should help.
Good luck man you sound like me man you'll be fine. Plus you wont be going crazy at the end of the month when your reports are due

I just relax

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Degree doesn't make the man

22 and I have 3 a.ssistants
 04-24-2012, 10:35 PM         #52
Real Hustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rique said:
Good luck man you sound like me man you'll be fine. Plus you wont be going crazy at the end of the month when your reports are due

I just relax

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Degree doesn't make the man

22 and I have 3 a.ssistants
Damn thats motivation for me to keep working hard. You got what I want.
 6 years ago '06        #53
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
 kej718 said:
Accounting will be easier for you to get a job but with finance you could make more money I am a finance major my sister majored in accounting. I still have not been able to find a job I want and wish I minored in accounting so I would have more options, everything I've been offered is pretty much sales jobs so I'm looking at other areas like insurance to get a job.

So if it's possible the major in one and minor in the other do that it'll be more work put will payoff in the long run. If your looking for work try to get a part-time job in a bank where you have a flexible schedule and have a chance to move up and use your degree.

I have not done an internship (wish i had) this would also make it easier to find work.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Im pretty sure your sister that majored in accounting probably interned.

What job in the bank are you talking about that you don't have to sell things? You said all you've been offered are sales jobs. Jobs in the bank are sales jobs even tellers.
 6 years ago '06        #54
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
 Real Hustler said:
Damn thats motivation for me to keep working hard. You got what I want.
You'll get there man. I used my friend as motivation he starting making a lot of money and I had to do the same. There was nothing he had that I didn't and I even felt I was smarter and more talented than him so I had to prove it.
 6 years ago '10        #55
illement 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,483 | Props total: 1530 1530
Finance. I didn't think about it being harder to get into. Accounting seems to have no risk, but I guess it is easier to get into. It's all about how your mind is. I'm by nature analytical and love solving sh*t, so finance seemed a little more fun. There's more money in it too. Either one is good though. As long as you like what you do. Not to mention the money is good :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '06        #56
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
 illement said:
Finance. I didn't think about it being harder to get into. Accounting seems to have no risk, but I guess it is easier to get into. It's all about how your mind is. I'm by nature analytical and love solving sh*t, so finance seemed a little more fun. There's more money in it too. Either one is good though. As long as you like what you do. Not to mention the money is good :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '09        #57
Dr.Backshots 
space
space
space
$181 | Props total: 73 73
I'm a staff accountant myself and I'll tell you right now at the end of the day ALL business need some type of bookkeeping/accounting services. So as long as there are business there will be a need for a bookkeeper/accountant.
 6 years ago '06        #58
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
I'm a double major in business administration and accounting
I'm in my second year of college and a far I'm doing pretty good.. My plan is to raise my gpa and apply for a accounting internship at the end of the fall coming up or the cvs care mark business internship.

Can you guys give me tips? I was thinking about taking a minor in cis
 6 years ago '04        #59
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Manny05 said:
I'm a double major in business administration and accounting
I'm in my second year of college and a far I'm doing pretty good.. My plan is to raise my gpa and apply for a accounting internship at the end of the fall coming up or the cvs care mark business internship.

Can you guys give me tips? I was thinking about taking a minor in cis
Join the accounting society or whatever its called at your school. Don't have to go all the meetings. Looks good on a resume.
 6 years ago '06        #60
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
How do you major in business admin? Sorry if I sound stupid
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
41 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
108 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy