2Pacís Hologram Creator Explains Making Hologram; 2Pacís Mother Reacts To Performance

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
62 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
81 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
5576 pageviews
25 comments

A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
2Pacís Hologram Creator Explains Making Hologram; 2Pacís Mother Reacts To Performance

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

http://www.mtv.com/news/a .. oachella.jhtml

The creator of 2Pac’s Hologram, Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts, which sort of resurrected the rapper live on stage at Coachella last night has spoken on the idea and cost behind the concept with MTV.

“We worked with Dr. Dre on this and it was Dre’s vision to bring this back to life,” said Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts, the San Diego company that created the hologram. “It was his idea from the very beginning and we worked with him and his camp to utilize the technology to make it come to life.”
Nick did not reveal the exact cost but said that a comparable one could cost anywhere from $100,000 to more than $400,000 to pull off.

TMZ also spoke to rep of Pac’s mother Afeni Shakur who expressed her happiness with the show. The rep says Dr. Dre asked for prior approval from his mother and as a thank you, made a donation to the rapper’s charity, The Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation.

25 comments for "2Pacís Hologram Creator Explains Making Hologram; 2Pacís Mother Reacts To Performance"

6 years ago '05        #2
ghost213 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,524 | Props total: 748 748
That was a sick performance and atleast they checked with Afeni first.
 6 years ago '05        #3
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
 Athavan 789 said:

[pic - click to view]

The creator of 2Pacís Hologram, Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts, which sort of resurrected the rapper live on stage at Coachella last night has spoken on the idea and cost behind the concept with MTV.

Nick did not reveal the exact cost but said that a comparable one could cost anywhere from $100,000 to more than $400,000 to pull off.

TMZ also spoke to rep of Pacís mother Afeni Shakur who expressed her happiness with the show. The rep says Dr. Dre asked for prior approval from his mother and as a thank you, made a donation to the rapperís charity, The Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation.
let's go diddy, we know you got it
 6 years ago '09        #4
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6250 6250
It really looked good and it has got everyone talking about it, will others abuse it to the point it becomes a gimmick though?
 6 years ago '05        #5
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,204 | Props total: 11808 11808
Thank You Dre

Detox Coming Soon
 04-16-2012, 02:09 PM         #6
Prince Malik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
It really looked good and it has got everyone talking about it, will others abuse it to the point it becomes a gimmick though?
i dont think u can ever do it again @ this cost

its one of them one time joints...using it at a concert really doesnt have a lot of substance to it..its riding on the surprise factor more than anything

i mean after a minute u gotta feel awkward cheering for a hologram

im sure when it gets a sh*t load cheaper that ppl will bring n*ggas out doe...im seein a ODB, Nate Dogg, Biggie, Pac collabo in the works
 6 years ago '09        #7
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6250 6250
 Prince Malik said:
i dont think u can ever do it again @ this cost

its one of them one time joints...using it at a concert really doesnt have a lot of substance to it..its riding on the surprise factor more than anything

i mean after a minute u gotta feel awkward cheering for a hologram

im sure when it gets a sh*t load cheaper that ppl will bring n*ggas out doe...im seein a ODB, Nate Dogg, Biggie, Pac collabo in the works
The cost will get cheaper and the people who put on big shows will be able to fork out the money no problem, i knew they were doing it but i thought it was gonna be Nate Dogg aswell.

It looked better than i thought and id have no problem cheering on holograms of music greats while there hits are blaring out of the speakers
 6 years ago '05        #8
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
mayne we thinkin about rappers what if they did this for MJ, Bob Marley, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, or Boosie if he gets life
 6 years ago '04        #9
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,449 | Props total: 6518 6518
up to 200,000 a song?

jay-z and diddy can pay for this for biggie

not sure about anybody else doing it rap wise. at least not for awhile until it gets cheaper

04-16-2012, 02:22 PM         #10
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pac mom is cool....she dont even try to milk his legacy....she always support when people wanna keep his music going
 6 years ago '11        #11
panelas 31 heat pts31
space
space
$778 | Props total: 2 2
 Martel said:
mayne we thinkin about rappers what if they did this for MJ, Bob Marley, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, or Boosie if he gets life
how arre you going to put that joke piece of sh*t lil boosie in the same conversation with the people you just mentioned ?

fu*k you man
 6 years ago '08        #12
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,114 | Props total: 23361 23361
yo that sh*t looked od good tho, I wanna see a making of
 6 years ago '09        #13
The Hatchett 
space
space
$924 | Props total: 7 7
 Martel said:
hold up...

Did you just put.....

in the same sentence as .......

04-16-2012, 02:53 PM         #14
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i bet it was cheaper than that to be completely honest......
 6 years ago '07        #15
Sleazy 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,560 | Props total: 307 307
 Martel said:

[pic - click to view]

04-16-2012, 02:58 PM         #16
N E R D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Slim Dunkin got next
 6 years ago '04        #17
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,449 | Props total: 6518 6518
 NO RELIGION said:
Every wack a.ss Houston rapper under the son will be doing a DJ Screw/Pimp C hologram.
if texas would try to pull this off it would have to be pimp c with bun b then have dj screw djing all the suc members that died with the ones that are still alive. which would be way too expensive because i think 4-5 of them are dead now
 6 years ago '09        #18
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,421 | Props total: 17704 17704
n*ggas hate on boosie for no reason on this site

name 1 reason other then his voice that's bad about him
 6 years ago '04        #19
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,435 | Props total: 29682 29682
 DrX said:
pac mom is cool....she dont even try to milk his legacy....she always support when people wanna keep his music going
hell no , she co signs these new mixes and people like daz or spice 1 cant even release their own songs with a 2pac feature
 6 years ago '11        #20
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
 N E R D said:
Slim Dunkin got next
:agreement6:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That Heís Not Their Allege..
177 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in Ďgrisly maulingí
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy