most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,608 | Props total: 918 918
 1ironboy1 said:
Jay-Z > big and pac
if we runnin the 400 meter race and i keel over with a heart attack after bustin yo a.ss for the first 150 meters, of course u gon beat me.

but everybody watchin knows what it shoulda been

jay : pac
 6 years ago '11        #62
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
 EL CHAPO said:
because they were on the west coast.

this hologram stuff is great. but big > pac.
how could a n*gga with only 2 albums be better than Pac???
 6 years ago '05        #63
ghost213 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,524 | Props total: 747 747
Props, that was some good sh*t right there
 6 years ago '04        #64
youngblanco 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,763 | Props total: 608 608
Article from dude who was behind the hologram of Pac

The Coachella festival is a place where minds routinely get blown, usually due to an awesome set or a k!ller reunion from one of your favorite bands. But on Sunday night it was thanks to the ghostly re-appearance of West Coast rap legend Tupac Shakur. He materialized on stage alongside his old friend Snoop Dogg during a crowd-pleasing set by the Doggfather and Dr. Dre, which also featured appearances from Eminem, 50 Cent, Wiz Khalifa and Warren G.

The resurrection of 'Pac, who was murdered in 1996, would have been a face-melting surprise had word about the stunt not leaked out just a few days before the set. But the 100,000 or so fans who were on hand still couldn't believe it when Tupac materialized on stage to rip off "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted."

"What up, Coachella?" the shirtless, pants sagging MC asked the crowd before bouncing into the classic single "Hail Mary."

"We worked with Dr. Dre on this and it was Dre's vision to bring this back to life," said Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts, the San Diego company that created the hologram. "It was his idea from the very beginning and we worked with him and his camp to utilize the technology to make it come to life."

Smith said he wasn't allowed to talk about the creative aspects of the production — including how the hologram was able to seemingly perform the set in synch with Snoop and whether all the vocals were 'Pac's — but he did say that his company has the ability to recreate long-dead figures and visually recreate them in the studio. "You can take their likenesses and voice and ... take people that haven't done concerts before or perform music they haven't sung and digitally recreate it," he said.

The hologram was the latest visual magic pulled off by AV, which is also behind the 2005 Grammys performance featuring Madonna and the holographic members of the Gorillaz, as well as holograms used in concert by Celine Dion and the Black Eyed Peas.

The Tupac hologram was several months in the planning and took nearly four months to create in a studio and though Smith was not able to reveal the exact price tag for the illusion, he said a comparable one could cost anywhere from $100,000 to more than $400,000 to pull off. "I can't say how much that event cost, but I can say it's affordable in the sense that if we had to bring entertainers around world and create concerts across the country, we could put [artists] in every venue in the country," he said.

The life-size Tupac was amazingly life-like, down to the late rapper's signature tattoos, Timberland boots, jewelry and movements, all of which were also recreated under the direction of Dre.

The hologram, of course, already has a Twitter page and more than 3,300 followers at press time. A spokesperson for Dr. Dre could not be reached for additional comment at press time.
 6 years ago '11        #66
GrindPOWER$ 391 heat pts391
space
space
$19,300 | Props total: 12687 12687
that was crazy its like if you don't know it was digital you thought it was real
 6 years ago '12        #67
Philosophiskull 5 heat pts
space
space
$224 | Props total: 0 0
Didn't watch. His original performances on Youtube are better. Don't see what all the hype over a refined ghost on a stage is about.
 6 years ago '10        #68
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,423 | Props total: 6274 6274
lets not act this is his actually ghost Preforming
 6 years ago '04        #69
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 507 507
Awesome! I wonder how looking at him from the side or back looked?

The creators probably had a real guy do the movement and tied that to the CGI, like video games.

But you can tell the voice differences when the hologram shouts out Coachella then Hail Mary plays.
 6 years ago '05        #70
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
 Philosophiskull said:
Didn't watch. His original performances on Youtube are better. Don't see what all the hype over a refined ghost on a stage is about.
you do it doo doo
 6 years ago '09        #71
akverse47 443 heat pts443
space
space
$5,573 | Props total: 4978 4978
propz

[pic - click to view]

04-16-2012, 02:02 PM         #72
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont think thats pacs real image, I think they used some animation and a n*gga that looks like him to do that sh*t.
 6 years ago '08        #73
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,743 | Props total: 11629 11629
He's back
 04-16-2012, 02:06 PM         #74
Rhyme n Tekniq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
I dont think thats pacs real image, I think they used some animation and a n*gga that looks like him to do that sh*t.
this all the way....

i could tell by dudes facial structure that it wasnt a full on pac hologram, and pac was cut but he seems pretty damn brolic

just imagine being able to see Off the wall or thriller era michael jackson live on stage

these n*ggas could do the victory tour all over again

Last edited by Rhyme n Tekniq; 04-16-2012 at 02:09 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #75
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,478 | Props total: 411 411

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #76
Prince Ace 35 heat pts35
space
space
$15,736 | Props total: 8923 8923
it might just be me but that shyt was beyond creepy
 04-16-2012, 02:09 PM         #77
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rhyme n Tekniq said:
this all the way....

i could tell by dudes facial structure that it wasnt a full on pac hologram, and pac was cut but he seems pretty damn brolic

just imagine being able to see Off the wall or thriller era michael jackson live on stage

these n*ggas could do the victory tour all over again
The crip walking gave it away for me.
 6 years ago '05        #78
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
the futures gonna be weird as sh*t. you miss your grandma, you throw on a little hologram like shes princess leia giving a message and sh*t
 04-16-2012, 02:14 PM         #79
twentythree  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TedMundy said:
FOR ALL THE fu*kHEADS THAT CLAIM BIGGIE WAS THE BEST, WHY WAS THERE NO HOLOGRAM OF HIM?My thoughts exactly SHUT THE fu*k UP! Pac was the greatest rapper to ever live and is the most influential rapper EVER.

bi*chEZ!
that's in the works since 2008. I met the agency that Diddy was trying to work with for that.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #80
FlyboyCaz 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,476 | Props total: 806 806
I think it would be doper if they could take a video of an old live performance from him and remake it into a hologram because its still pretty easy to notice that it was made from a 3d model

but this is still pretty amazing
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
80 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
112 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy