Tom Benson wants to change the name of the Hornets

most viewed right now
Damn Pusha T really aint gone respond.
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside RhymeFest getting exposed by former Donda members!!
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Might be the saddest sh-t you’ll see Today! Ugly God and his Senorita?
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
STAR WARS FLOPS..... Disney and Star Wars fan boys all over Take this L
26 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 89 89
These should be the choices:

New Orleans Jazz
New Orleans Hornets
New Orleans Blues
New Orleans Brass

that's it
 04-14-2012, 09:21 PM         #62
Skratch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 9th ward Bally said:
Being real though, what makes this so funny? I ain't speaking as a n*gga from New Orleans myself, but I'm just curious, why is Hurricane Katrina so hilarious to you?...
because ya'll n*ggas got wiped out...... literally

On a serious note Jazz fits Utah perfectly plus too much history in Utah with Malone & Stockon to change the name now, Utah wouldnt even consider that sh*t judging by how much that city has accomplished, atleast NOLA didnt accomplish sh*t with Hornets as there name
 04-14-2012, 09:25 PM         #63
JackMeHoff  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Skratch said:
because ya'll n*ggas got wiped out...... literally

On a serious note Jazz fits Utah perfectly plus too much history in Utah with Malone & Stockon to change the name now, Utah wouldnt even consider that sh*t judging by how much that city has accomplished, atleast NOLA didnt accomplish sh*t with Hornets as there name
death is not funny sir.
 6 years ago '04        #64
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$18,347 | Props total: 5764 5764
Id say

New Orleans Blues
New Orleans Spirit
New Orleans Angels
 6 years ago '04        #65
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,510 | Props total: 1000 1000
 HarryPNess said:
death is not funny sir.
It is to children.

Anyway I like New Orleans Soul
 6 years ago '04        #66
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Mista Mizatti said:
It is to children.

Anyway I like New Orleans Soul
Thats another good one. Somebody send a list to Tom Benson and his people. Im trying to expedite this thing.
 6 years ago '08        #67
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,676 | Props total: 401 401
The Katrina jokes prove those theories of weirdos on the internet.

A three team name trade would be crazy awesome but really unrealistic. Logos, jerseys, courts and maybe even colors would have to change, that + promotion would make this far too costly. The best option is to change just the Hornets name to the Blues. That would leave the Hornets name out there for the Bobcats to take if they want it & NOLA can bank off that.
 6 years ago '06        #68
revolution03 
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1 1
 Sephiroth757 said:
Why the f**k is Utah called the Jazz?! There's no Jazz in Utah That state's like 97% white. Give New Orleans the name Jazz!
Just stop..
 6 years ago '11        #69
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,528 | Props total: 46 46
Just change the wizards back to the Baltimore Bullets and call it a day
 6 years ago '05        #70
Rubix 
space
space
$8,704 | Props total: 1374 1374
I doubt Jordan would take the hornets name back.. It cost way too much money to rebrand a franchise (think merchandise, advertisements, etc) and it doesn't seem like Jordan's that much committed...
 6 years ago '04        #71
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Rubix said:
I doubt Jordan would take the hornets name back.. It cost way too much money to rebrand a franchise (think merchandise, advertisements, etc) and it doesn't seem like Jordan's that much committed...
2.5 million dollars for the name change. Thats nothing compared to what he would gain off of the rebrand. throw in another 2 to 3 mil for rebranding purposes and even then, he would still bring in way more.

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 04-14-2012 at 10:37 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #72
Rubix 
space
space
$8,704 | Props total: 1374 1374
 C.R.I.P. said:
2.5 million dollars. Thats nothing compared to what he would gain off of the rebrand.
What would he gain off the rebrand? Who exactly is checking for Charlotte gear? And I mean beyond the name of the franchise, that team has trouble drawing in people. It would be a huge risk.

On a side note, where did u get your figure from? I always a.ssumed it would be higher... But I'm also factoring the losses from discarding any bobcat merch that's in stores or tucked away in the backroom (probably isn't much though..ha)
 6 years ago '04        #73
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Rubix said:
What would he gain off the rebrand? Who exactly is checking for Charlotte gear? And I mean beyond the name of the franchise, that team has trouble drawing in people. It would be a huge risk.

On a side note, where did u get your figure from? I always a.ssumed it would be higher... But I'm also factoring the losses from discarding any bobcat merch that's in stores or tucked away in the backroom (probably isn't much though..ha)
I got the figure from one of our sports writers blog, and as far as getting rid of Bobcat merch, which Im sure is not a lot, thats why i gave a extra 3 million of overhead for the rebrand. idk if you have been into any of these lids or sports apparel type places, but Charlotte Hornet sh*t is still pretty big. I see cat's rocking a Hornets snapback or jacket a good bit.

Is it a risk ? absolutely but, this is about as good of a thing that MJ could do for this Franchise. A lot of people in the Carolina's won't fu*k with the Bobcats just purely off the fact that they are not the Hornets. So gain the ability to draw those fans back in.

The Bobcats as a name means nothing to "community" outside of it was Bob Johnson being a as*hole and naming the team after himself. While the Hornets, has historical ties to Charlotte since the civil war and sh*t.

with all that said, we will have to put out a good product on the court eventually for it to be a complete success. But a change back to the Hornets and possibly landing Anthony Davis. Thats about a positive of a swing as you can get.

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 04-14-2012 at 10:58 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #74
GriffMcfly 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 50 50
New Orleans Homicide
 6 years ago '06        #75
RAZAH CUTS 6070 heat pts6070
space
space
$55,996 | Props total: 24609 24609
bad idea...
 6 years ago '10        #76
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,644 | Props total: 2617 2617
 RAZAH CUTS said:
bad idea...
Nah.. But that homicide sh*t was

Last edited by jayjay2; 04-15-2012 at 12:29 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #77
Loco Poe 
space
space
$2,619 | Props total: 874 874
 xRapHeadx said:
The jazz is just too perfect for New Orleans. The Mormans would be a good name for Utah.
fixed
 6 years ago '05        #78
GoDzSoN35 
space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 0 0
I think a name change would be big for promotion of the team especially in our transition.
 6 years ago '11        #79
KRCROOKSNY 117 heat pts117
space
space
$11,185 | Props total: 6940 6940
 xRapHeadx said:
The jazz is just too perfect for New Orleans. The Avalanche would be a good name for Utah.
I always wondered wtf was in Utah.. avalanches, go figure..
 6 years ago '04        #80
9th ward Bally 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 3547 3547
I'm thinking of two names, one which was already mentioned....I'd say Brass because of the musical culture, which includes brass bands and jazz bands...
The other name would be rebels because Louisiana WAS one of the confederate states to secede from the union and joining the rebellion during the Civil War....
At least from a historical standpoint
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PAWG got no chill (#Jheeez)
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Frame on this AMAZON.com/Ninimour Model tho...
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside A$AP Rocky Outsells Pusha T w/ No Buzz In 1st Week Sales Prediction (..
103 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smashing With The House Arrest Bracelet On 🤷🏾*♂&..
80 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Nas Rambling and Stammering Through Vegas Club Gig
77 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside throwback: kanye speaks up for himself after beanie sigel calls him gay
43 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Why do people in poverty have satellite dishes?
96 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
123 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy