Nike Bans Midnight Releases Along With Pre-Orders and Reserves

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #81
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,641 | Props total: 8574 8574
 HELLZWINTA202 said:
BULLsh*t.....there will ALWAYS be a STRONG demand for retro and new Jordans.......Every since J's came out in the 80s theres been a STRONG demand for them....Nike only payin like a $1 per pair anyway.....

What Nike needs to do is make a Jordan retail store where you can by any and every pair of J's that ever came out. Have 4 locations, NYC, LA, ATL and maybe Texas. Annnd they can still carry them in the regular chain and mom & pop spots...I gurantee you them spots would STAY pumpin out sneaks.....Nike needs to hire me......they need to understand their market and KNOW that they have the game on smash so there aint no needs to be just sending 3 pairs of shoes per store......thatz why people gettin k!lled or campin out for a pair of extremely over price shoes........
nah most people who buy jordans is because not everybody can get them.

some people might disagree me but it is what it is thats half of the reason.

me personal I don't do that no more because i'm grown and more mature and I get the j's I love the most than every pair that comes out.

i'm 25 now but when I was in middle/high school we would gets j's just to get and I know the same sh*t happens today.

if you take the jordan off most of those retros and they was plain nikes or reeboks nobody would want them.
 6 years ago '04        #82
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,378 | Props total: 463 463
 marcusaka50 said:
nah most people who buy jordans is because not everybody can get them.

some people might disagree me but it is what it is thats half of the reason.

me personal I don't do that no more because i'm grown and more mature and I get the j's I love the most than every pair that comes out.

i'm 25 now but when I was in middle/high school we would gets j's just to get and I know the same sh*t happens today.

if you take the jordan off most of those retros and they was plain nikes or reeboks nobody would want them.
Hmm...

The Average Pair of J's Vs a extremely hyped pair of Sb's...Those Sb's will be harder to get

In fact J's aren't hard to cop at all, with the exception of the Concords I never had a problem.

For sb's I gotta travel (no local skate shop) at least 30-40 miles. Which is why I usually just order em online.

And Foams forget about it, Not ever fu*king with them sh*ts, 200 dollars and maaaaaad hype. fu*k THAT sh*t LOL

With J's Nike just needs to be a lil more responsible. This is a good start. It's not about demand, if they make too many all that's going to happen is they will end up on the bargain bin in a nike outlet.
One Shoe per customer, store employees have to wait online like everybody else. Mall employees the same.

And show up early or risk missing out!
 6 years ago '11        #83
bkamagnum 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 264 264
its a good time to be a reseller!
people still gonna camp, what midnight got to do with it...
 6 years ago '04        #84
sideshow20 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,584 | Props total: 550 550
So mom and pop stores gonna lose that Nike/Jordan account and Foot locker/champs/foot action/finish-line gonna get they stocks....watch...same sh*t happened to footlocker/champs
 6 years ago '07        #85
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,584 | Props total: 1051 1051
sh*t just got real
 6 years ago '05        #86
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$798 | Props total: 326 326
so wat if I have a connect at one of these stores?? they won't get in trouble for holding my sh*t will they??
 6 years ago '04        #87
JayR04 112 heat pts112
space
space
$10,944 | Props total: 5706 5706
 Bigrel said:
so wat if I have a connect at one of these stores?? they won't get in trouble for holding my sh*t will they??
like others have said, mom and pops stores still prolly gon do whatever they want. especially if they make more off pre-orders.
 6 years ago '05        #88
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$798 | Props total: 326 326
 JayR04 said:
like others have said, mom and pops stores still prolly gon do whatever they want. especially if they make more off pre-orders.
naw it's at one the chain stores, I'm cool wit da manager. He hold my sh*t for me and I pick em up after all the madness dies down
 6 years ago '06        #89
mrep3 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,847 | Props total: 6035 6035
 HELLZWINTA202 said:
Very true, but me personally, I'd drop a $160 on retros, mainly cause it be so hard for me to get them, plus, all the half decent lookin shoes are at least a $120, and at this point, I'd rather pay the $160 for some shoes I LOVE then to pay $120 for some sneaks that are JUST ok.....

Dam, Modells was sellin retros?? Whoa I never knew that....
They where not retros at the time they where up to date releases I'm talking 95-98 modells used to be one of the main stores to get Jordans from this is before the whole retro thing was popping cuz Jordan used to only drop 2 styles a year with 2 colors at first home/away and then an alternate color about 2 months later.
 6 years ago '04        #90
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,387 | Props total: 29541 29541
 n3aGabitz said:
Good riddance. Midnight releases and preorders were used by employees anyway to buy and resell at higher prices.

As for the Concords. There's obviously a HUGE demand for it. Why ever stop making them? It's fu*king dumb.
exactly..i remember back in the day i would walk in the store like at 2pm...get my Js...and im out...no lines, no issues...no dumb sh*t
 04-15-2012, 03:34 PM         #91
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how about they stop undershiping them

10 pair of foams per store and 30 pair of team jordans
 6 years ago '11        #92
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
They should ban the midnight releases b/c you got folks in the hood that don't know how to act right when they hear the new pair of Jordan's gone drop.
 6 years ago '04        #93
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,683 | Props total: 11339 11339
 McmasterlockPt2 said:
They need to ban those high a.ss prices!
your right though.
 6 years ago '04        #94
Da Truth Spitta 
space
space
$1,416 | Props total: 19 19
 cambury said:
this is a great look...now people with lives can get back in the game
exactly!
 6 years ago '07        #95
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
 GollyI'mGully said:
or they could just produce enough pairs so they can't be resold for $1500
did you miss the tweet saying that the concords were the highest produced shoe that year and they still sold out?
 6 years ago '04        #96
RIAA 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,978 | Props total: 1744 1744
I mean if Apple can make enough iPhone / iPad units to go around on a hyped release everytime, then WTF is wrong with Nike producing enough Jordans to meet the demand?
 6 years ago '06        #97
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,572 | Props total: 4481 4481
Just last year a n*gga could walk in Footlocker and grab some Cement 3's the week after they dropped, now all these college f*ggots and hood boppers are sneakerheads since the concords dropped, when n*ggas lined up for the 10's I threw in the towel.
 6 years ago '07        #98
six1twan 3 heat pts
space
space
$981 | Props total: 179 179
 LeMar G said:
fu*k that raffle lottery sh*t, nike done lost they fu*king mind.
Yeah that sh!t is fu*k#D up

I could be the first nigg@ in line and not even get my shoes that's crazy
 6 years ago '07        #99
six1twan 3 heat pts
space
space
 RIAA said:
I mean if Apple can make enough iPhone / iPad units to go around on a hyped release everytime, then WTF is wrong with Nike producing enough Jordans to meet the demand?
So you can go stand in line for the next big release that's why NIKE does that BULLSH!t
 6 years ago '07        #100
six1twan 3 heat pts
space
space
 youngmic said:
exactly..i remember back in the day i would walk in the store like at 2pm...get my Js...and im out...no lines, no issues...no dumb sh*t
Exactly I remember in 05 when the playoff 12's dropped me and every nigg@ that was in line was able to get a pair and mind you that it wasn't 600 hundred ppl in line either

Now come this Saturday watch all that change
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
20 comments
1 day ago