2 Chainz Discusses Kanye West, G.O.O.D. Music Signing Rumors

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #41
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 1062 1062
 Eagles All Day said:
had no idea 2 chainz was/is tity boi

Mind = blown
You serious? Dude has been murdering tracks lately tho
 6 years ago '08        #42
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,558 | Props total: 17213 17213
btw those shocked by his buzz just need to realize HE IS AN INDUSTRY COKE SUPPLIER, Gayfish loves that sh*t and having this guy on his side is a plus, the industry loves drugs remember that.
 6 years ago '07        #43
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,356 | Props total: 1090 1090
 ajs420 said:
i dont mind 2 Chainz
but i really hope he doesnt sign with GOOD Music..
he doesnt fit well with their roster.
the point of signing him was because he isnt like anybody on the roster
 6 years ago '06        #44
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 97 97
 Chi80sbaby said:
2 Chaiiiiiiiiiiinzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yea he grew on me too not waka tho. Been a fan since "Drop the top n show dem ta tas in da middle of da POPEYES!" funny guy
First I eat a biscuit! Then I hit the car lottt! That was my sh*t.
 6 years ago '04        #45
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,433 | Props total: 6480 6480
 King856 said:
yeah any rapper that is known for club music sucks. his music does what it suppose to do make you dance. so he might as well not even rap just play the beats
tell Kendrick to make some sh!t like that and make everybody get on the dance floor

i could get him on "riot" beat and it wouldn't have the same reaction.
 6 years ago '04        #46
ant30ant33 214 heat pts214
space
space
space
$11,813 | Props total: 4783 4783
I'm lost on why people comparing Kendrick Lamar to 2 Chainz... One artist is new & the other artist 2 Chainz been in rap game at least 10 years on a major scale... 2 Chainz makes good club artist but other than that he is weak in substance... Kendrick Lamar has alot more artist potential 2 me..
Also I don't think club music sucks I just don't see 2 Chainz being worth a album purchased or concert ticket..
 6 years ago '04        #47
space
space
 ant30ant33 said:
I'm lost on why people comparing Kendrick Lamar to 2 Chainz... One artist is new & the other artist 2 Chainz been in rap game at least 10 years on a major scale... 2 Chainz makes good club artist but other than that he is weak in substance... Kendrick Lamar has alot more artist potential 2 me..
Also I don't think club music sucks I just don't see 2 Chainz being worth a album purchased or concert ticket..
they are two different kind of artists. which is why this comparison is retarded. people can't grasp the concept that you can like both.

i don't think kendrick can make songs as catchy to the regular listener like 2 chainz right now. don't mean he is a terrible artist or nothing
 6 years ago '04        #48
space
space
 King856 said:
why would a rapper care about making people dance? his job is to put wordas together.

you act like 2 chains has made it big dudes 35 and just starting to make noise. here today gone tomorrow
because they been doing that since rapper's delight

sorry that people don't want to hear thought provoking sh!t all the time. got to have some kind of variety
 6 years ago '06        #49
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
 King856 said:
now I know you cant read. dude I quoted said he makes club music

K Dot in the studio with Dre. Dre has more success with rappers then Kanye
tell that to Glasses Malone,Eve,Knocturnal,Rakim,Raekwon and countless other n*ggas that failed with Dre. He's been in the game 30 years and discovered 2 stars in Eminem and Snoop, 50 Cent was handed to him. If Kanye can revive Common's career and turn Big Sean into a star I'm sure he won't have a problem with a n*gga who's already selling out shows and doing guest features for every major rapper in the game.
 6 years ago '04        #50
space
space
space
Being a catchy artist doesn't equal success in long term.. 2 Chainz music gonna have 2 start having substance or def jam is gonna lose alot of money on his project.. Kendrick Lamar is taking the Jay-z approach towards the music a slow growth & it's organic not rushing things.. 2 Chainz expectations so high right now for his august 14 album it's no way he is gonna live up to them...
 6 years ago '04        #51
space
space
 ant30ant33 said:
Being a catchy artist doesn't equal success in long term.. 2 Chainz music gonna have 2 start having substance or def jam is gonna lose alot of money on his project.. Kendrick Lamar is taking the Jay-z approach towards the music a slow growth & it's organic not rushing things.. 2 Chainz expectations so high right now for his august 14 album it's no way he is gonna live up to them...

nobody is expecting them two to sell a million copies. y'all looking at what im saying all wrong
 6 years ago '04        #52
space
space
space
 justinjones said:

nobody is expecting them two to sell a million copies. y'all looking at what im saying all wrong
Let's be real here 2 Chainz must have a big budget for his album Def Jam/Universal is clearly rolling out the red carpet for him... They want platinum don't thinK they want anything else... He has done a record with Nicki Minaj & in her video who is a platinum artist... Got co signed on national tv by Kayne West a platinum artist.. These co signs don't come free...

Kendrick Lamar is in a similar boat if Dre executive producer for your album he expects platinum... Truth Hurts Didn't go gold & Firm album went gold... Only 2 that wasn't platinum for dre when he was executive producer
 6 years ago '06        #53
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
 ant30ant33 said:

Kendrick Lamar is in a similar boat if Dre executive producer for your album he expects platinum... Truth Hurts Didn't go gold & Firm album went gold... Only 2 that wasn't platinum for dre when he was executive producer
What about all the artists that signed to Aftermath and never even got to drop an album
 04-12-2012, 04:08 PM         #54
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
last of the poor black man rap MUSIC

why are n*ggas that listen to lil b,mac miller,rick ross and kreayshawn are calling anybody wack

and on top of that EM is youll goat

best n*gga out right now

Last edited by bigree61; 04-12-2012 at 04:11 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #55
space
space
space
 28 Gramz said:
What about all the artists that signed to Aftermath and never even got to drop an album
Every record label has artists that album never come out and get shelved... Dre doesn't like to put out flops look at his track record when he executive producer for the album.. Dre played major role in some of hip hops best selling albums his ceiling is 2 high for a regular artist sometimes..

Dre must of felt Rakim,Stat Quo,Bishop Lamont,Hitman and more just didn't have what it takes to be successful so he dumped them... Which 1 of those artist was successful after being granted there release from Aftermath as solo artist?
 6 years ago '04        #56
space
space
 ant30ant33 said:
Let's be real here 2 Chainz must have a big budget for his album Def Jam/Universal is clearly rolling out the red carpet for him... They want platinum don't thinK they want anything else... He has done a record with Nicki Minaj & in her video who is a platinum artist... Got co signed on national tv by Kayne West a platinum artist.. These co signs don't come free...

i will guarantee you that they not expecting him to go plat. not even jeezy, ludacris and rick ross are going platinum these days. the only rappers to go plat on def jam the past couple of years is kanye

at best they expect him to go gold and have a platinum single. at best

big sean had 3 big singles and kanye's co-sign since 07 and his album hasn't even cracked 400k. how they going expect 2 chainz to go platinum
 6 years ago '04        #57
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
i will guarantee you that they not expecting him to go plat. not even jeezy, ludacris and rick ross are going platinum these days. the only rappers to go plat on def jam the past couple of years is kanye

at best they expect him to go gold and have a platinum single. at best
Let me ask u a real question is it easier to go platinum on your first album or your third album in your mind?

Atlanta artists tend to go platinum when they have the buzz 2 Chainz has and that's a fact..

Let's look at def jam history with southern artists from Atlanta 1st albums
Young Jeezy -platinum
Ludacris-platinum

I know it's a small sample size but why wouldn't def jam think platinum with 2 Chainz.
 6 years ago '09        #58
Nx41fe 1 heat pts
space
space
$629 | Props total: 3 3
Can someone recommend me a different mixtape of his. I tried to listen to trurealigion and the sh*t sounds terrible to me(i listen to gucci/Ross/Flocka so it's not that i hate this type of music).
 6 years ago '04        #59
space
space
 ant30ant33 said:
Let me ask u a real question is it easier to go platinum on your first album or your third album in your mind?

Let's look at def jam history with southern artists from Atlanta 1st albums
Young Jeezy -platinum
Ludacris-platinum

I know it's a small sample size but why wouldn't def jam think platinum with 2 Chainz.
that was when people used to say going gold was underwhelming. the numbers state property had would be considered a success in this era(300k)

what new rappers now outside of drake and nicki got a platinum album?
wiz, big sean, j. cole, kid cudi, wale, b.o.b. all of them had buzz. all of them had hits. some even had number 1 hits. none of them got a platinum album.
 6 years ago '04        #60
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
that was when people used to say going gold was underwhelming. the numbers state property had would be considered a success in this era(300k)

what new rappers now outside of drake and nicki got a platinum album?
wiz, big sean, j. cole, kid cudi, wale, b.o.b. all of them had buzz. all of them had hits. some even had number 1 hits. none of them got a platinum album.
If 2 Chainz didn't sign a 360 deal with Def Jam then they definitely want a platinum album from him how else can they make the money they invested in him...2 Chainz isn't worth much as a performer right now and his pre album buzz is bigger to me than all those artist u name honestly except Wiz Khalifa... Now can 2 Chainz have Wiz Khalifa type success that is remain 2 be seen but I do know one thing Wiz Khalifa getting over 100k for shows right now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
209 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy