DaOmega_1's review of "The Cabin in the Woods"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-15-2012, 12:59 AM         #61
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Movie was definitely entertaining. I was expecting more "horror" from it though. Don't go into it expecting to jump out of your seat because chances are you won't. But I really enjoyed it. There were some hilarious parts ("reality tv show" ) I overall liked the story and the comedic aspect more than the "horror" part. I'd give it a solid 7.5/10.
 6 years ago '09        #62
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,206 | Props total: 3527 3527
Going to check this out tomorrow...
 6 years ago '04        #63
Franchise08 69 heat pts69
space
space
$3,834 | Props total: 4 4
Stupid lame movie....wouldn't call it "scary"..more of a comedic/weird adventure type sh*t...horrible plot where the director probably sat there and just wrote a bunch of crazy sh*t about having scientists control the cabin and blah blah and thought it was a great idea. Insert a stoner who overacts being stoned all the time and a white bi*ch who gets hella a.ss shots but has NO a.ss....and an intelligent Halfrican and a 'virgin' and you got a pointless movie with no solid plot, terrible acting, and just overall lame. Not scary, not funny, and not interesting.

Only good part was seeing the monsters get released and go on that spree with remakes of other films (unicorn death was goofy)..but honestly how can people like movies like this...I swear people try to make sense out of them but the creators didn't plan it out and just filmed a bunch of crap they thought was interesting and "deep".....

To me those scientists were completely pointless it just made the movie seem awkward and lame. Maybe I just like movies with good plots, twists, and if watching a 'scary' movie enjoy actually being scared, or even entertained. I'll be honest, I laughed 90% of the movie it was just cheesy.
 6 years ago '04        #64
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:

The performances are great. And, that is because the actors are given great dialogue (no wonder, it comes from Joss Whedon). The performances, the aesthetic, the humor all harkens back to one of my favorite horror comedies... Evil Dead 2. It doesn't have the same manic style that Evil Dead 2 has. Instead, it has more of the pitch perfect balance of humor and horror. I label this the same way I label "Evil Dead 2"... A fun horror film, not a serious one.

SCORE: 8.5 (out of 10) = DOPE

HAHAHAHHAH! I'm sorry bro but were you watching the same movie?......just interested, how old are you man?...please be honest...I just love that you thought the acting and dialogue and writing were "great and humorous"....that is some funny stuff...I guess people do exist who think the complete opposite....guess that's why there are always those dumb Republicans to balance out the intelligent people?
 6 years ago '05        #65
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
 Franchise08 said:
Stupid lame movie....wouldn't call it "scary"..more of a comedic/weird adventure type sh*t...horrible plot where the director probably sat there and just wrote a bunch of crazy sh*t about having scientists control the cabin and blah blah and thought it was a great idea. Insert a stoner who overacts being stoned all the time and a white bi*ch who gets hella a.ss shots but has NO a.ss....and an intelligent Halfrican and a 'virgin' and you got a pointless movie with no solid plot, terrible acting, and just overall lame. Not scary, not funny, and not interesting.

Only good part was seeing the monsters get released and go on that spree with remakes of other films (unicorn death was goofy)..but honestly how can people like movies like this...I swear people try to make sense out of them but the creators didn't plan it out and just filmed a bunch of crap they thought was interesting and "deep".....

To me those scientists were completely pointless it just made the movie seem awkward and lame. Maybe I just like movies with good plots, twists, and if watching a 'scary' movie enjoy actually being scared, or even entertained. I'll be honest, I laughed 90% of the movie it was just cheesy.
Why would you not "spoiler" your post up? That's some really selfish sh*t, bro. And please, don't act like your outlook on movies are the golden standard.
 6 years ago '07        #66
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,003 | Props total: 1383 1383
 Franchise08 said:

You rant on forever, then end buy saying you laughed 90% of the movie . So had you gone in thinking it was a comedy, you would have been pleased, but the fact you were wanting to get scared, and didn't, your gonna complain?
 6 years ago '04        #67
space
space
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
You rant on forever, then end buy saying you laughed 90% of the movie . So had you gone in thinking it was a comedy, you would have been pleased, but the fact you were wanting to get scared, and didn't, your gonna complain?
Nope not that type of "laughing"..I meant the type of laughing a person does when something is very stupid/waste of time...like almost a pity laugh, when you feel bad that a movie like this actually came out and that people actually made it....so funny it was sad...but nice try on the "gotcha attempt"....I don't need people explaing to me why it was a good movie, it wasn't a good movie and had a weak weak plot....that was my 'review'..like it cool, don't like it also cool....couldn't care less.
 04-15-2012, 08:10 AM         #68
KrayzieCMB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Have never been a fan of horror movies. Yet when one gets such high praise from critics across the board I will definitely have to see it. Cheers to not sleeping.
 6 years ago '09        #69
rdogg11 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 30 30
"i don't even think Curt had a cousin".

Am I the only one that laughed there a.ss of at that line?
 6 years ago '09        #70
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,315 | Props total: 7972 7972
 DaOmega_1 said:
No, there are certainly parts that are scary. But, its evenly intermixed with humor, so the movie is essentially a horror/comedy. The elements for both are there.
cool....i'll check it out but im also gonna go find Funny Games on a torrent....you guys said the movie caught you by surprised.....sounds like good sh*t, i heard about the movie but i heard it was gory and im anti-gory movie, i dont like movies like Saw or Hostel which arnt scary just bloody and full of senseless gore

hopefully funny games aint too gory
 6 years ago '08        #71
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 12390 12390
Most of you guys talking bad about this movie are making points that are the exact reason that the movie was GOOD. You guys do realize that the plot is INTENTIONALLY bland right? You guys do realize that the dialogue is INTENTIONALLY cliche' right? You guys do realize that the movie is INTENTIONALLY cheesy right? It wasn't meant to be a "scary" movie per se. IT IS MAKING FUN OF "SCARY" MOVIES!!!!!!!

I swear, someone could hand some of you guys a gold turd, and some of you would complain because it's sh1t.

Some of you are complaining because you weren't scared while watching the movie and that you laughed during most of the film. THAT WAS THE GOAL YOU FUCCING IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 6 years ago '11        #72
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
Franc-cheese08 WTF! spoiler tags r there for a reason gottammnit, and ur calling others unintelligent

even making a partisan knock into it?!? u mad @ a diff opinion than yours... thanks for the laughs

on a relevant, mature, un-jack@ss note - i can't wait to see this movie
 6 years ago '07        #73
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 tdnupe3 said:
Most of you guys talking bad about this movie are making points that are the exact reason that the movie was GOOD. You guys do realize that the plot is INTENTIONALLY bland right? You guys do realize that the dialogue is INTENTIONALLY cliche' right? You guys do realize that the movie is INTENTIONALLY cheesy right? It wasn't meant to be a "scary" movie per se. IT IS MAKING FUN OF "SCARY" MOVIES!!!!!!!

I swear, someone could hand some of you guys a gold turd, and some of you would complain because it's sh1t.

Some of you are complaining because you weren't scared while watching the movie and that you laughed during most of the film. THAT WAS THE GOAL YOU FUCCING IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Word ... some ppl have the sense of humor of plywood.
 6 years ago '07        #74
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Jacc Blacc said:
cool....i'll check it out but im also gonna go find Funny Games on a torrent....you guys said the movie caught you by surprised.....sounds like good sh*t, i heard about the movie but i heard it was gory and im anti-gory movie, i dont like movies like Saw or Hostel which arnt scary just bloody and full of senseless gore

Funny Games isn't gory its just pretty sadistic.
 6 years ago '09        #75
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 TH35 said:
Funny Games isn't gory its just pretty sadistic.
wait....theres a difference between sadistic movie and a gory movie????

saditic movie= makes you watch people get hurt like nails thru the eyes, hammers to the ankles, hunting blade gutting someone

gory movie= makes you watch people get hurt like nails thru the eyes, hammers to the ankles, hunting blade gutting someone

for instance saw was a gory movie so whats the difference between a gory flick and a saditic one??

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 04-15-2012 at 03:18 PM..
 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM         #76
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
wait....theres a difference between sadistic and gory????
Gore implies blood and guts and all that sh*t. Funny Games is more of a demented, mental, mindfu*k sort of thing.
 6 years ago '04        #77
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 Jacc Blacc said:

Funny Games isn't gory at all.
 6 years ago '04        #78
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 d!ck Cheese said:
Gore implies blood and guts and all that sh*t. Funny Games is more of a demented, mental, mindfu*k sort of thing.
This.
 6 years ago '07        #79
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 tdnupe3 said:

i enjoyed it very much, very funny the cliche lines were classic "let's split up, we'll cover more ground" or the jock on the motorcycle saying "dont worry i always come back" then proceeds to slam into an invisible wall

people gotta look at the movie for what it is
 6 years ago '09        #80
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 d!ck Cheese said:
oh......i like mindfukk type movies
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy