DaOmega_1's review of "The Cabin in the Woods"

most viewed right now
 57
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 39
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #21
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,095 | Props total: 12327 12327
Thanks for the review. I'm checking it out tonight.
 6 years ago '07        #22
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
Loved everything but the last two min. although I knew what would happen from the script. 7.5/10.
 6 years ago '07        #23
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 29 26 said:
I'm hyped for a good horror film..I'm there tomorrow night.
The comedy > horror IMO. It's a good blend of both though.

The speakerphone and merman parts
 6 years ago '10        #24
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$9,411 | Props total: 2357 2357
its not playing anywhere near me guess i gotta wait for the blue ray. is this only playing in certain places??
 6 years ago '07        #25
THA JUICEMANE 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,370 | Props total: 590 590
This movie was funny as hell
 04-13-2012, 10:58 PM         #26
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"SCORE: 8.5 (out of 10) = DOPE"


told yall omega give evrything a 8 or higher.....no beef im just calling it how i see it


DrX reviews coming soon....look out for that
 6 years ago '05        #27
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
avatar space
space
$13,833 | Props total: 4102 4102
 DrX said:
"SCORE: 8.5 (out of 10) = DOPE"


told yall omega give evrything a 8 or higher.....no beef im just calling it how i see it


DrX reviews coming soon....look out for that
Dude, you're talking out your a.ss... You seem to be conveniently skipping over the multitude of review in which I give movies less than an 8. But, here... Let me help you:



Score: 3.0 (out of 10)

Within the same week as this review.

Also:

Wrath of the Titans - 6.5
Silent House - 6.0
Act of Valor - 4.0

Next time, back up your points. You'll look smarter.


Last edited by DaOmega_1; 04-13-2012 at 11:22 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #28
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
Can somebody answer this question...



[spoiler - click to view]




By the way, this movie is waaaaayyyyy overrated. Its definitely not as "smart" or groundbreaking as ppl are saying. You can pretty much figure out the whole movie from the first 10 mins of the film.


It's somewhere between a C and C-
 6 years ago '05        #29
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
avatar space
space
$13,833 | Props total: 4102 4102
 One-O-One said:
Can somebody answer this question...



[spoiler - click to view]




By the way, this movie is waaaaayyyyy overrated. Its definitely not as "smart" or groundbreaking as ppl are saying. You can pretty much figure out the whole movie from the first 10 mins of the film.


It's somewhere between a C and C-
The word "overrated" is overrated.

I swear, that is such a copout to say 'its overrated' when its based on your expectations in comparison to other people's opinions. How about this: don't let hype define what you think of a movie? To say its "overrated" is cheap, and doesn't at all explain the actual opinion behind it.
 6 years ago '04        #30
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 DaOmega_1 said:
The word "overrated" is overrated.

I swear, that is such a copout to say 'its overrated' when its based on your expectations in comparison to other people's opinions. How about this: don't let hype define what you think of a movie? To say its "overrated" is cheap, and doesn't at all explain the actual opinion behind it.

Regardless of what other ppl think, I THINK this movie was a good idea initially but wasn't thought completely out. It had too huge plot holes for me to leave the theater content w/ what i just saw (unless i missed something. If i did, explain it). It was pretty predictable. This film is definitely more of a dark comedy than horror, and thats the only way i can accept the plot gaps. The ending was cool but overall its not worth full price, that's for certain.


Last edited by One-O-One; 04-13-2012 at 11:56 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #31
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 One-O-One said:
Regardless of what other ppl think, I THINK this movie was a good idea initially but wasn't thought completely out. It had too huge plot holes for me to leave the theater content w/ what i just saw (unless i missed something. If i did, explain it). It was pretty predictable. This film is definitely more of a dark comedy than horror, and thats the only way i can accept the plot gaps. The ending was cool but overall its not worth full price, that's for certain.
There wasn't any plot holes you just thought too much. If that's the case almost every film has plot holes if you think hard about something. How much do you pay for movie tickets?


[spoiler - click to view]

but you don't need everything on a silver platter some stuff is common sense.


Last edited by TH35; 04-14-2012 at 01:43 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #32
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$9,411 | Props total: 2357 2357
ok found a movie theater that was playing this hated this movie in the begining but twoards the middle/end it was dope! give it 3.5/4 8/10
 6 years ago '11        #33
mosdope 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,703 | Props total: 1531 1531
Movie was a pleasant surprise...couldn't believe how funny it was
 6 years ago '04        #34
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 TH35 said:
There wasn't any plot holes you just thought too much. If that's the case almost every film has plot holes if you think hard about something. How much do you pay for movie tickets?


[spoiler - click to view]

but you don't need everything on a silver platter some stuff is common sense.

I thought too hard? Lol ... these are OBVIOUS and GLARING plot holes.

I paid about $2 for the tix (AMC Stubs card rewards) by the way.

And Ok, so
[spoiler - click to view]

im serious. Did I miss something in this movie or what...? I would appreciate this movie a whole lot more if somebody can answer my question.

And don't hit me w/ that 'Film Elitist' BS just to dodge the issue that I presented.
 6 years ago '05        #35
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
avatar space
space
$13,833 | Props total: 4102 4102
 One-O-One said:
I thought too hard? Lol ... these are OBVIOUS and GLARING plot holes.

I paid about $2 for the tix (AMC Stubs card rewards) by the way.

And Ok, so
[spoiler - click to view]

im serious. Did I miss something in this movie or what...? I would appreciate this movie a whole lot more if somebody can answer my question.

And don't hit me w/ that 'Film Elitist' BS just to dodge the issue that I presented.

[spoiler - click to view]



Not a plothole at all. It just seems like you were looking for them.
 6 years ago '08        #36
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,095 | Props total: 12327 12327
I saw this movie last night and I must say that it was VERY good. I mean, this movie exceeded all my expectations even after reading Omega's review before going to see it. This movie is EXTREMELY clever, funny, has some scary moments, and is even thought provoking at times. It takes the idea of horror movies and let's you realize just how dumb some of them can be. It is obviously making fun of the genre while being part of the genre itself.

I won't give away any of the plot details, but the last 30 or so minutes of the movie make it a MUST SEE. It is hard for me to think of another movie that is so deliberately obvious, but for some reason, this is what makes the movie SO GOOD.

I would definitely recommend this movie.


Last edited by tdnupe3; 04-14-2012 at 08:36 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #37
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 DaOmega_1 said:

[spoiler - click to view]



Not a plothole at all. It just seems like you were looking for them.
Thanks. Ill check it out again one day to see if I missed that tidbit.

I do look for plot holes to see if the resolution of a film is sound. There's nothing wrong with making sense of a story that was told to you. My other gripes with the film still stand. Can't say I wasnt entertained tho.

What I got from the movie was
[spoiler - click to view]



Or maybe im overthinking ...lol


Last edited by One-O-One; 04-14-2012 at 09:47 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #38
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 One-O-One said:
I thought too hard? Lol ... these are OBVIOUS and GLARING plot holes.

I paid about $2 for the tix (AMC Stubs card rewards) by the way.

And Ok, so
[spoiler - click to view]

im serious. Did I miss something in this movie or what...? I would appreciate this movie a whole lot more if somebody can answer my question.

And don't hit me w/ that 'Film Elitist' BS just to dodge the issue that I presented.

[spoiler - click to view]

Yea, you were overthinking but its cool. An original concept can't please everyone. Me, a film elitist though?!


Last edited by TH35; 04-14-2012 at 09:58 AM..
 04-14-2012, 09:54 AM         #39
Sheavb923 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Think I might have to go see this! Hopefully it'll be worth it!
 6 years ago '04        #40
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
avatar space
space
$17,560 | Props total: 2413 2413
Didn't read but I been wanting to check this movie out ever since I saw the trailer.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy